Type keyword(s) to search

S41.E13: One Thing Left to Do... Win LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I’m impressed with Xander. He blows final IC, he gets called “blockhead” for as long as people remember. It would be about two months, but it would still hurt.

Xander is 20. Feeling so old now. And he gets the Probst hug!

• Love 4

Xander made a million dollar mistake when he picked Erica to sit out the fire challenge. He underestimated her and should have realized that out of the final four, she was the biggest threat. Erica wasn’t the greatest fire-maker and he discovered that beforehand so he had an opportunity to get her out. That would’ve changed the game completely. But he didn’t play his cards right.

• Love 11

Even the after win show has been great because it doesn’t have all the live show distractions and it seems more personal. They should keep doing it this way, covid or not.  How did they keep the results confidential though?

• Love 4

I think Xander suffered from the perception that he was just a big doofus, whereas people have been saying all season long that Erika was "sneaky" and "dangerous." I'm not mad she won and I'm glad the jury respected her game, but I really thought Xander had just as good a game.

I really misread the editing though because I was certain it was DeShawn for the win since last week.

• Love 4
Just now, dizzyd said:

Even the after win show has been great because it doesn’t have all the live show distractions and it seems more personal. They should keep doing it this way, covid or not.  How did they keep the results confidential though?

At a guess, the contestants and the crew are all under NDAs. I imagine the jury must be able to piece together how the vote went immediately after without it having been confirmed. 

I wonder if it had been Xander/Deshawn/Heather if Xander would have won. 

Xander made a million dollar mistake when he picked Erica to sit out the fire challenge. He underestimated her and should have realized that out of the final four, she was the biggest threat. Erica wasn’t the greatest fire-maker and he discovered that beforehand so he had an opportunity to get her out. That would’ve changed the game completely. But he didn’t play his cards right.

To be fair, he saw that if she won fire making it would tip the scales to her advantage, and the jury said out loud that was a good answer.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

I like this reunion format better. There’s no distracting audience, family, or past players sightings.  And no Sia. 

No Probst polling a "random" kid in the audience for who they think will win, and somehow they magically get it right.

I don't miss the live audience.  I think everyone will be more open and vulnerable, and not have months to sit on what happened, audience perception of them, and having all the facts of what they might have missed in the game.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 10

I wonder if they retain the 26 day format post pandemic. Cheaper, no loved ones BS, no live after party BS. Same number of episodes.revenue. I hope they keep it.

Edited by Msample
  • Love 5