Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Prom Night

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The gang is ready to celebrate prom together, but Spencer finds himself fixing a mistake made by his teammates that could have some major consequences. Olivia struggles with how to connect with her sponsee, and making her take her sobriety seriously. Coop bails on prom prep with Patience to help Amina once again. Meanwhile, Asher finds himself spending his prom night a little different than expected, and Layla gets some sage advice from Jordan.

Airdate: 12/13/2021

So a rich school, with rich parents can't find another rich school's gym or join their prom location? One of those parents could probably have hosted an entire prom in their mansion or on their tennis courts, got a hotel and created an event.  I get that they wanted a reason to have all character in same Prom, but no way South Crenshaw would not be where Beverly Hills kids go for Prom.  

Spencer needs to not fall on his hero sword this time. His future is on the line.  Especially when it involves criminal offenses like property damage due to break and enter. Doing it for Liv is one thing, for these guys on the team who barely tolerate him is another. His real friends always look to be JJ, Darnell, Asher and Jordan.

Didn't Coop quit school? Now she's attending events and happy to be announced Prom Court? It should go to actual students.

Willie at least looked like he had a fun dancing enjoying Prom night. The dance line was great. 

• Love 1

As soon as Willie appeared and was being so nice, I figured he was the one they were calling 911 about in the previews.  It could have turned out to be the girl Olivia is trying to help, but Willie being nice to Laura was the last straw.  Spencer's plot trying to cover for the morons is very stupid.  Even he should know there is a limit on being so noble and loyal.  The other guys will probably confess to keep him from getting thrown out of school.  It's ridiculous that there wouldn't have been video of the initial break-in, especially at such a wealthy school.

I knew they were (and are) planning something for Jordan and Layla.  They don't let anyone just be friends unless it's with Coop.  I wonder how many episodes of spinoff it will take for Simone to break up with him. 

If Amina thinks Coop killed her mom, why does she still like her so much?  She made that comment about her mom "not being perfect," so maybe she is more insightful than most of the characters or witnessed something that makes her realize it was Mo's fault.  Preach will probably tell Coop and want to tell Amina the truth, and Coop will stubbornly refuse so that it will keep going on.  At least the press release that made it sound like Coop would bail on Patience for Amina again was misleading.

I loved the dance sequence to "We Are Family."  It was great to see all the characters do their thing.  I also liked how they played the very serious music going into commercial after the news that Beverly couldn't have the prom (wouldn't they have had it somewhere other than the gym in the first place?  Even my school used to have it at the fairgrounds or something, as did "West Beverly" on Beverly Hills, 90210 with a hotel).  It contrasted nicely with partially dressed J.J. proclaiming the prom "literally under the sea!" I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have a date.  They probably just didn't want to pay for an actress to play her.

If the show went into syndication, Asher's scenes from this episode would mostly probably end up on the cutting room floor.  I thought maybe he was going to collapse with several people talking to him about "not being promised tomorrow."

Edited by KWalkerInc
Typo.
  • LOL 1

Asher doesn't even feel like he belongs in the show anymore.

Spencer's martyr complex is really starting to get on my nerves. Honestly, at this point he deserves expulsion just for being so damn stupid. Why would you compromise your entire future for something you didn't even do?!

I forgot the name of the girl Liv is helping. But regarding that storyline- I'm so tired of any time anyone uses drugs or alcohol on tv these days it automatically means they are an addict. Sometimes people experiment. Sometimes people like the occasional drink. It doesn't always have to be a problem. Sometimes it is a problem, but modern tv makes it out to be like if you even like to have a beer you must be an addict. It's just tiring.

I really need Coop to just have one happy storyline so I am totally fine with her getting Prom queen even though she doesn't attend Crenshaw anymore. Normally this would bother me, but Coop needs some happiness so I will let it slide this time.

• Love 2

I could buy that the students might write in Coop for Prom Queen because her almost dying made them feel guilty about how they treated her most of the time she was in school there (which in part was why she followed Shawn to the gang after Spencer wasn't there).  They had also decided she was cool because of her success when she could still rap and nominated her for Homecoming court before she dropped out, which I didn't remember until a minute ago for some reason.  The school probably went along with it just to be nice because they know the writers (oops, I mean "life") always crap(s) on Coop. 

Spencer not winning Prom King, and also previously losing Homecoming King to Chris, shows that the students are probably tired of him always trying to save everyone too.  I imagine they're nice to his face (except for Frausto) because he's nice and smart and everything and did a lot for the school, but sometimes he can be a lot.

• Love 2