Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Only discuss what is known at the time that the episode was filmed. 
WWHL has its own thread.  Any discussion of what happened on WWHL is not allowed in this episode thread. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Him and that Dog.  GTFOOH.  I hate when men walk around without shirts on.   Give me a man in a nice suit, shirt, tie and good watch and cologne, and I’m his.  That is sexy.  Not some jerk who takes a dog to a restaurant.  Rauncy.

Also...he's not a hot guy. I mean, in SoCal there are tons of surfer type dudes that are way hotter this guy. 

18 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

When Kim Kardashian was recently on SNL I was amazed that her ridiculously out-of-proportion body is considered something of a beauty standard these days.  There's nothing about her looks that appear to have any hint of natural beauty.  It seems we as a society are being sold this standard of what I would call "drag queen", over-the-top features as something to aspire to.  The obviously fake eyelashes, ridiculous facial contouring, neon hair with extensions, cinched waist and gargantuan butts are considered "beauty".  I don't get it.  But, I'm old, so there's that.

My daughter saw Kim Kardashian in an airport a few years ago and said her ass was so big it looked a pillow was stuffed into her pants. She said she's really short and her body proportions are out of sync with her height. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Nicmar said:

It said Rich Aunt on the bag and it was ugly just like her little coin purse on a strap bag she was wearing when she had drinks with Nicole and Shannon.

I was going to ask about the bag. So it's a fake Birkin she's modified herself? I didn't know whether 'The Rich Auntie' was a brand or something Noella likes to call herself. Apparently the latter. What a weird thing to call oneself. Her biggest achievement in life? 

Edit: Shirtless chihuahua husband sounds like Matthew McConaughey. Maybe if I close my eyes and listen to his voice and stop listening to what he's saying, I'll tolerate him.

Edited by Glama
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I feel bad for Emily, she goes out to dinner with Shane on date night and while she may blather endlessly about whatever he sits there like he barely has a pulse, almost grunting one syllable answers, does that man ever loosen up?  I remember when she was at a doctor's appointment about her impending hip surgery, she took her daughter for emotional support, called Shane to let him know what was going on and he was so blase and matter of fact about it, Emily was needing a verbal hug...is he that checked out in their marriage that we are watching him just tolerate her?

Not everyone is as verbal with their feelings as the howives. Especially men, might I add? Particularly when on camera. I think it's just Shane's personality, and isn't indicative of his feelings toward Emily. My BF is similar, he doesn't get very emotional and he is rather matter of fact, but I do know how much he cares for me. 

• Love 11

I feel sorry for Noella, but I also think she should've made her own money and saved some and she wouldn't be having some of the issues sh's having. I don't get expecting other people to finance other people's lives. 

• Love 4
On 12/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, 65mickey said:

There is a reason that Heather came back on this show, and I don't think it is because she was bored.  Miss Terry's Botched TV show was not renewed for 2021.  Last year he and Heather were on ShopHQ so often I thought they bought the network. Maybe Miss Terry's practice has dropped off. I know some people are star struck but I would not go to any physician who goes on TV and allows cameras to film office visits and procedures. Someone has to pay for that mausoleum they call home.  

I agree with everything said about Shannon. She just cannot get her act together. She looks awful and I believe it is because she is unhappy. Can't come to terms with how her life has turned out and menopause has hit her smack in the face. She is clinging to this TV gig because she needs the money now that she has blown though her divorce money on vanity projects like lemon tincture and high priced TV dinners .Her children are almost grown adults and she is longing for the days when she was skinny, married and the lady of Beador mansion.  She saw what happened to Vickie and Tamara and she doesn't want to be the next ex Real Housewife of the OC. 

Yep, and I don’t think she’s thrilled with this new guy either.  She’s still not over David leaving her and having a baby.  That was rough.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Glama said:

Not everyone is as verbal with their feelings as the howives. Especially men, might I add? Particularly when on camera. I think it's just Shane's personality, and isn't indicative of his feelings toward Emily. My BF is similar, he doesn't get very emotional and he is rather matter of fact, but I do know how much he cares for me. 

You are so right.  I don’t think most men know how to comfort a woman.  They think just being there is enough.  They don’t want to act like a “ sissy”.  I’m married over fifty years.  After my parents funerals, my husband went and slept in another room, thinking I wanted to be alone.  ???????  He had no clue whatsoever what I needed.  Yet, he’s a great husband and father, and I know he loves me, so that’s that.  I advise my Son what women need.

• Love 12

And following my posting on the most superficial aspects of the participants - but really isn't that what they deserve for the most part - 🤣🤡 - Shirtless Chihuahua Husband really had an ugly face.

Isn't he the male equivalent of having a butter face - continuing in my shameless superficially mean spirited vein. His face is really unattractive so all he has going for his chest and abs. I hadn't realized during the first episode where there were only long shots but it became apparent in the scene at the restaurant where the camera was doing him no favors with the close ups.

Of course - god bless them - it really could be a very satisfactory and functional relationship for their marriage. Dr. Jennifer has brains and ambition to spare and is obviously not particularly interested in being a SAHM - or even a working mother who bears the brunt of making sure the household functions. He is an "entrepreneur" who is happy to be essentially Mr. Mom. 

And I truly say this with no snark because there is nothing wrong with not sticking to gender roles that are prescribed by society. If Dr. Jennifer was a male absolutely no one would think there was anything odd in a wealthy professional having a spouse who took care of the household stuff. 

• Love 10

Jen reminds me so much of Gretchen. Heather should of let Terry talk lol why was she just continuing to read her text to Shannon lol. Noella is unique….Gina’s boyfriend is hot but I think he should maybe just remain her boyfriend I hope he is really into her. Shannon and Heather I’m sure will always be at odds. I do miss Tamra and Vickie🤷🏾‍♀️

• Love 2
On 12/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, 65mickey said:

There is a reason that Heather came back on this show, and I don't think it is because she was bored.  Miss Terry's Botched TV show was not renewed for 2021.  Last year he and Heather were on ShopHQ so often I thought they bought the network. Maybe Miss Terry's practice has dropped off. I know some people are star struck but I would not go to any physician who goes on TV and allows cameras to film office visits and procedures. Someone has to pay for that mausoleum they call home.  

I agree with everything said about Shannon. She just cannot get her act together. She looks awful and I believe it is because she is unhappy. Can't come to terms with how her life has turned out and menopause has hit her smack in the face. She is clinging to this TV gig because she needs the money now that she has blown though her divorce money on vanity projects like lemon tincture and high priced TV dinners .Her children are almost grown adults and she is longing for the days when she was skinny, married and the lady of Beador mansion.  She saw what happened to Vickie and Tamara and she doesn't want to be the next ex Real Housewife of the OC. 

Spot on with everything you said. The Dubrows are shameless shills. Wouldn't surprise me that they are up to their eyeballs in serious financial woes. Between that hideous McMansion and any kind of business failures they could have some real problems thus their re-entry into this show. And I agree about Terry pimping out his practice for reality TV...I would never go to a doctor that would have you sign a waiver to be filmed or your medical problem to be discussed in a reality TV show. Is everyone in the OC this money hungry?

It's no wonder Shannon is in free fall...life for a post menopausal divorced woman in that place must be hell. You're not valued as a woman because you are not young and beautiful...being past 50 is a death sentence out there even if you get all the cosmetic work in the world, no one cares. You're invisible...you just don't exist. 

After her kids finally graduate from high school she should move somewhere else where it isn't all about $$$ and expensive homes/cars etc.etc...what's keeping her there after the twins graduate? She could live quite comfortably somewhere else and actually enjoy life instead of always trying to keep up with the Jones's.

• Love 15
On 12/16/2021 at 3:07 AM, Cheezwiz said:

Gina seems like she should be on the RH of New Jersey to me (even though she's from Long Island). I was rooting for her, but she's become more unlikable this season.

You are 100% right.  She can get her accent back, plus she has a big mouth.  Plus being sneaky and stabs in the back. She will fit right in.  Perfect.   Now, where can they put Miss Heather?

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 6
On 12/15/2021 at 6:59 PM, Andi27 said:

So are we guessing that Sweet James has a second family in Puerto Rico?

I think this is all actually a play by Heather to get some dramatic roles as opposed to those bad sitcoms she used to do.

Or maybe a villain in Hallmark/Lifetime movies?

All I know is Sweet James must spend a trainload of money on radio advertising in So. Cal.  I hear the commercial for his PI mill multiple times a day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 12/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, amarante said:

Granted I have a black heart but I am somewhat unmoved by Noella's situation as - at least from what we saw on the show - her devastation seems to be based on economic problems rather than the loss of a spouse with whom one had deep emotional ties. 

Both Shannon and Gina - whatever one's feelings are towards them - did IMO suffer a huge emotional loss in terms of their spouses publicly humiliating them with mistresses and I feel they also felt they had to deal with the emotional loss of their marriage to someone they once loved and assumed they would grow old with - to the extent anyone makes those assumptions.

Now obviously someone who is hit with news of tax liens and having one's credit cards cut off is going to have a major trauma attached to that but in my opinion it seems with Noella that it might be more equivalent to being fired from a job and losing one's salary. Gina suffered a loss of income/lifestyle and Shannon also to a lesser extent but I never got the sense that their mourning the death of their respective marriages was based solely or even primarily on loss of money. 

Call me cynical but Noella had been married for only a year and her son was two years old. While many couples don't have separate accounts it should have been immediately odd to Noella that she didn't have access to bank accounts and she didn't have her own credit cards. To me that seems to be an indication that the marriage was an economic transaction between a gold digger and a man who wanted a trophy wife rather than a true partnership.

On an even more shallow note, all of the housewives besides Gina and Noella need to objectively look at their faces and realize they look deformed and not youthful. Jen is perhaps on the verge of doing it but at this point not quite over the edge in terms of fillers but my god - Shannon and Nicole look deformed. Emily has gone from a relatively fresh faced natural beauty to someone who looks over filled and over done. And enough has been said about Heather the Grinch as she moves into Joceyn Wildenstein territory

I just don't understand the aesthetic of this plastic surgery and why bloated faces and malformed lips are actually something women are paying to achieve. Is it like living in a house of horrors where you feel you look normal because everyone else you see is deformed?

7d82443302d9a723db58c6f1ecb02f40.jpg.20e90beb8ac38173224316c3261eb303.jpg

Insightful observations and very well said.

• Love 1
On 12/16/2021 at 1:10 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Sweet James and Noella share a child with autism, he cut off her credit cards and likely will not be paying any bills so how will Noella take care of getting that child the help it needs, schooling and therapy, etc...how will she put gas in her car and groceries in the fridge? 

I divorced a judge, it took me four years with no money from him and we share two kids, the first thing I did was talk to every attorney in town so he couldn't. I did get a nice settlement,  I hope Noella lawyers up fast, she should get woman who is a shark.

We don't know if Sweet James is incorporated or not, but I do know this from personal experience:  divorcing a sole proprietor attorney is a whole lot different than one who gets a paycheck that can be garnished. 

You can bet he's using his superior knowledge of the law to get over on her, for sure.  But even if she gets a high dollar amount award for alimony and/or child support, she will play hell collecting from someone who knows the system and whose source of income isn't derived from an employer issuing a paycheck.

I agree completely that Noella should lawyer up with someone who can go for the jugular for her, but there's no way it's possible to talk to every attorney in town in Orange County.  Sweet James could just go next door to LA County, which is where I believe his business is located (his radio commercials only give an 888 number).

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Like others before her, Noella must have taken this job because of the divorce and the need for income. If her husband really left the country and then had her served, what an asshole! Glad Noella’s mother is there for her - as mom, roomie and best friend.

• Love 8

We're all wondering why Heather is gunning for Shannon. I believe it could be because Shannon is the longest "legacy" OC cast member still filming and is the only one that is in a position to threaten Heather's queen bee status. The rest of the cast are fairly new and let's face it - not very intelligent, smart, good-looking or high-status, so they're not a threat to Heather. Gina and Emily are followers, not leaders. The only person that thinks for herself (admittedly in an annoying and whiny way) is Shannon. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 11

I don’t think Dr. Jen is a good addition and I’m sick of all the Botox crap. They all look so fake at this point. The lawsuit girl is the ugliest thing, I’m guessing she started out pretty. 
Heather is such a pretentious snobby asshole. They always thought they were better than Shannon and David. I remember Terry making rude remarks about David being in construction. I’m no David fan but a good contractor is more important than a plastic looking plastic surgeon in my opinion. 
Gina is annoying. What an ass kisser she is being to Fancy Pants. They really didn’t need to turn on Shannon.
Ginas lost weight but still looks like a linebacker. Emily too. Maybe it’s that their clothes are not flattering. 
Poor Noella. They need to get the husband on camera. I wonder what his deal is.

• Love 15

maybe its a cultural thing but im kinda surprised how offended people are with shirtless dude. In Australia men (any shape size or age) frequently go topless especially in the more relaxed coastal towns in summer. It doesn't even register to me....

Gina and Emily need to go. I was watching Emily's BBQ and it looked like my place, tres average, normal people vibes. Neither one is interesting or have outrageous money why are they on the show. Like really, how did they even get selected??

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Shannon is the longest "legacy" OC cast member still filming

Kind of. Shannon has filmed more seasons (eight counting this season versus Heather's six), but Heather joined a few years before Shannon did (Heather in Season 7, Shannon in season 9).

And yeah, I felt like a total Heather after typing that.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ladypoodle said:

Gina and Emily need to go. I was watching Emily's BBQ and it looked like my place, tres average, normal people vibes. Neither one is interesting or have outrageous money why are they on the show. Like really, how did they even get selected??

I'm really puzzled by this as well - neither of them seem extravagantly wealthy, nor do they seem like they have outsize or interesting backgrounds/personalities. I wasn't around for the seasons when they first started appearing on the show, so I don't really have any context, but they both seem pretty ordinary to me - Gina especially so (have we ever established what Gina does for a living aside from the show itself?).

Re: Noella - I'm surprised that I didn't mind her quite as much as I thought I might, but add me to the chorus of "if you marry for money, you will wind up earning every penny". I feel sympathetic to her being suddenly stranded with a special needs son, but if you're expecting a life-long (or at least years long) free ride with no financial contingencies of your own, you're asking for trouble.

4 hours ago, ladypoodle said:

maybe its a cultural thing but im kinda surprised how offended people are with shirtless dude. In Australia men (any shape size or age) frequently go topless especially in the more relaxed coastal towns in summer. It doesn't even register to me....

I don't think it's so much that he's been filmed shirtless, as it is that he is ALWAYS shirtless, and seems super impressed with his own shirtless-ness. He does not appear to do anything other than tote a tiny purse dog around sans shirts - to the point where it seems like his appearances have been contractually mandated. In short, he seems like a dim-bulb, and something of a mis-match with his spouse. The shirtless status is just the whipped cream on top of  what appears (so far) to be general douchebaggery. This was long-winded, but it's been awhile since I've experienced such immediate irrational hatred for an incidental reality show character.

Edited by Cheezwiz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

For me the shirtlessness isn't offensive, it just strikes me because usually people are more self-conscious when cameras are filming, unless they're on Survivor or a dating reality show. But for me it's that he totes that dog around like it's a Birkin bag. The two things combined say to me that he relishes attention, as I bet he thinks strutting around the neighborhood cradling a cute little dog while showing off his body that's decent but not double-take worthy, especially for a beach city in SoCal, will have everyone fawning over him.

Although since Jen's already mentioned the shirtlessness on the show, I wonder if it could just be a gimmick they came up with. 

Edited by dmeets
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, dmeets said:

Although since Jen's already mentioned the shirtlessness on the show, I wonder if it could just be a gimmick they came up with. 

An interesting and plausible theory!

Oh and one more thing that adds to his douche-factor - his name is "Ryne" not "Ryan". You know he probably changed it because he thought it sounded cooler. It's certainly the perfect name for a perpetually shirtless dimwit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 12/20/2021 at 11:00 AM, dmeets said:

For me the shirtlessness isn't offensive, it just strikes me because usually people are more self-conscious when cameras are filming, unless they're on Survivor or a dating reality show. But for me it's that he totes that dog around like it's a Birkin bag. The two things combined say to me that he relishes attention, as I bet he thinks strutting around the neighborhood cradling a cute little dog while showing off his body that's decent but not double-take worthy, especially for a beach city in SoCal, will have everyone fawning over him.

If this was something they came up with, they needed to see how oooogly Ryne's face is!

The bod is all right but they need a mask for that face!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

t's no wonder Shannon is in free fall...life for a post menopausal divorced woman in that place must be hell. You're not valued as a woman because you are not young and beautiful...being past 50 is a death sentence out there even if you get all the cosmetic work in the world, no one cares. You're invisible...you just don't exist. 

I don't live in California and there have been times when I've felt this way. Cue the menopause jokes, the "ma'ams" from everyone and the surveys that say "55-plus" or "Over 50."

I sense sadness in Shannon. She seems a little lost knowing her daughters are leaving the nest. Where will that leave her? I've known some friends who went through the same thing. She's now the oldest one on this show, which probably doesn't help. I'm glad she seems happy with her boyfriend. I hope it lasts for them. 

Did Noella say if she had a pre-nup? I may have missed that part. The Puerto Rico thing did make me think he's leading a double life like some Lifetime movie. And that means... how many other women? Kids? 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 8
On 12/19/2021 at 7:45 PM, ladypoodle said:

I never understood how they got selected. I do think they were kept because they were already firing three, and thought they needed familiar faces to hold viewers. I also think a lot of viewers, myself included, warmed to Gina last year. Unfortunately, she managed ruin that quite quickly this season. Emily has always bored me. So far I have been more interested in the newbies, which is odd. We will see if it lasts. It may just be that I am disappointed in Heather's return (yes, I knew she was pretentious, but I guess that sounded better after trashy Tamra, Brownwind and Kelly than it actually is) and, while I don't hate Shannon, I find her exhausting. She is truly neurotic and now she just seems sad. She was sad when divorcing David, but I think we all knew it was for the best. SUCH a miserable marriage. But, once again, Shannon insists all is well but the audience knows she is lying.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 10
On 12/19/2021 at 4:13 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t think Dr. Jen is a good addition and I’m sick of all the Botox crap. They all look so fake at this point. The lawsuit girl is the ugliest thing, I’m guessing she started out pretty. 
Heather is such a pretentious snobby asshole. They always thought they were better than Shannon and David. I remember Terry making rude remarks about David being in construction. I’m no David fan but a good contractor is more important than a plastic looking plastic surgeon in my opinion. 
Gina is annoying. What an ass kisser she is being to Fancy Pants. They really didn’t need to turn on Shannon.
Ginas lost weight but still looks like a linebacker. Emily too. Maybe it’s that their clothes are not flattering. 
Poor Noella. They need to get the husband on camera. I wonder what his deal is.

Thank you for bringing up Terry’s “dis” of David Beador for being in construction…I remember that scene well. I was really appalled at Terry’s dismissive and snotty comment…like owning a large construction firm is so beneath him…which is funny since Terry spent a small fortune on constructing their version of Versailles. Of all people he should have respect and admiration for someone who runs a successful construction company. Lord knows he and his vapid wife seem to spend a lot of time and money working with construction people. What’s  so funny is that in the world of medicine and doctors, plastic surgeons are looked down on as being playboys and doctors that make money off of peoples insecurities about their appearance. I know this because my Dad was a physician and used to say this about plastic surgeons. No disrespect to plastic surgeons that actually do good work repairing damage from accidents or other maladies…just for the guys that make their money doing nose jobs, breast augmentation and face lifts. Terry is a bully and so is his bourgeois wife.

• Love 14
On 12/16/2021 at 9:55 AM, chlban said:

You are right about the comparison to Camille, but I hadn't thought of it myself. Good catch. Camille knew she had been hated 1st season and, if course, had to have been horribly humiliated by the disgusting way Kelsey handled wanting a divorce. Maybe Shannon just got scared by all the firings? I also agree 100% about Heather. Yes, I knew she was pretentious. I didn't mind it much. There was so much completely trashy, drunken  behavior from Tamra  Vickie and others, I kind of liked that Heather acted above that. But, this year, she is just downright mean. I find Shannon exhausting, but I don't think she was being malicious at all, yet Heather acts as if it was some sinister plot. I also notice that Heather is clearly the Queen Bee this year and everyone is trying desperately to please her. It's not fun to watch.

Yes, this is where I am! I don’t like Shannon but I just don’t really see her as manipulative in this way - she’s just not very (socially) smart or good at social chess. I totally get WHY she’s going on the apology tour, though. Her only two allies have gone over to The Dubrow Side and she doesn’t want to be left swinging in the wind. 

• Love 3
On 12/17/2021 at 6:06 AM, HelloOutThere said:

I am still up in the air on Noella. She is quite pretty when she is wearing something normal and not something that is “a LOT of look to navigate” 

If anyone here hasn't googled her ex husband, please do. He is a small, dorky looking "man".

Beware ladies if you are marrying for money and a preconceived idea that life will be easy. Nothing in life is free. You have to pay for it in some way, shape or form. I present to you Exhibit A: Noella

• Love 5
On 12/16/2021 at 11:26 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Agreed but I was really surprised to hear her say he controlled ALL the finances, including credit cards!  It's 2021 - everyone should not only have their own money but access to the joint stuff - something my mother (who was a working wife back when married women couldn't get credit cards in their own names 1970s?)  taught me early.  At the very least how about a prenup?  So far I've like Noella but is she a dumb dumb or something? 

Working women could get credit cards in the 1970, I think

🤷‍♀️

Edited by Mother of Odin
  • Love 1