Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 12/13/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I dont hate Joy. I actually worry that her mind isn't as sharp as it once was, which, of course is to be expected.

Her mind is fine, it's the wits that aren't as quick as you get older. It doesn't help that the co-hosts have always relied too much on their blue cards over the years.

• Love 8

Oh, so sorry about Ana’s mom passing. 😢 That is awful that she can’t go home to her family.

Hannity is pearl clutching for nothing; texts to government figures are not private. They are part of public record.

I’m guessing JLo’s mom wasn’t in the audience today. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Shut up Ben Affleck.  He went to rehab before Jennifer Garner and  years after their divorce as well. He's such a jerk. The bad marriage didnt make you drink. You being an alcoholic made you drink.

So when he starts drinking again is he going to blame Jennifer Lopez?  Jennifer Garner is so much better off without him.

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

So when he starts drinking again is he going to blame Jennifer Lopez?  Jennifer Garner is so much better off without him.

Of course. He basically blamed JLo for all his cheesy behavior their first time around. Obviously Ben is just a spineless mute who let's the women in his life shape his behavior 🙄.

JG is better without him and I'm sure she knows it.

• Love 18

All love and prayers to Ana and the entire Navarro family at the passing of her mom. 🙏❤ Glad to hear Whoopi is OK after being exposed to someone who tested positive. Kudos to the trio of Joy, Sara and Sunny who kept everything going.

• Love 14

Ben Affleck: My first thought was that Ben sounded like he'd had a drink before talking to Stern. Maybe that's why he was so "candid". It was thoughtless toward the wife and family who tried to help him while he was self-destructing. They deserve a little discretion at least. If you felt trapped, Ben, write it in your diary, don't tell everyone else. 

I think if people tell you that you're a "blurter" or if you know you have a tendency to say embarrassing or unkind things, don't try to make it sound like there's nothing you can do about it. You aren't a truth-teller, you just don't care enough about others' feelings to think before you talk. I understand that once in a while people might speak thoughtlessly, but if it becomes something you're known for, it isn't a feature, it's a bug.

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Ben Affleck: My first thought was that Ben sounded like he'd had a drink before talking to Stern. Maybe that's why he was so "candid". It was thoughtless toward the wife and family who tried to help him while he was self-destructing. They deserve a little discretion at least. If you felt trapped, Ben, write it in your diary, don't tell everyone else. 

I think if people tell you that you're a "blurter" or if you know you have a tendency to say embarrassing or unkind things, don't try to make it sound like there's nothing you can do about it. You aren't a truth-teller, you just don't care enough about others' feelings to think before you talk. I understand that once in a while people might speak thoughtlessly, but if it becomes something you're known for, it isn't a feature, it's a bug.

I thought the same thing about Ben, he did sound a little slurred. It reminded me of when David Arquette used to call in to HS after a night of drinking California time. He and Courtney Cox divorced not long after that.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Shouldn't this be vice-versa?  If it becomes something you're known for, it's a feature, not a bug????  Just asking!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Maggie Gyllenhall is a delight.  I can't wait to see her movie!

Co-sign all day long!!!  Did you see her amazing performance in The Deuce?

Her performance in Sherrybaby was outstanding.  I worked with female inmates who were in an intensive  substance abuse treatment program while they were behind bars and Maggie nailed it.  

• Love 4

My heart goes out to Ana and her family. It's so sad she wasn't able to go see her mom, poor thing. She's a strong woman though. 

Sara looks gorgeous today, wow. It's like she gets prettier every year. 

I can relate a bit with being too honest. Like Sunny, I never want to hurt anyone's feelings. I've tried to work on it, and I am generally a gentle, nice person. Every now and then though, it's like my filter malfunctions and I blurt stuff out. I do think it's something that one can improve, and I definitely am trying to just keep thoughts to myself even if it's stuff everyone else is just saying behind someone's back. The good thing with people like me and Sunny is you know where you stand with us, so there's that. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

My heart goes out to Ana and her family. It's so sad she wasn't able to go see her mom, poor thing. She's a strong woman though. 

Sara looks gorgeous today, wow. It's like she gets prettier every year. 

I can relate a bit with being too honest. Like Sunny, I never want to hurt anyone's feelings. I've tried to work on it, and I am generally a gentle, nice person. Every now and then though, it's like my filter malfunctions and I blurt stuff out. I do think it's something that one can improve, and I definitely am trying to just keep thoughts to myself even if it's stuff everyone else is just saying behind someone's back. The good thing with people like me and Sunny is you know where you stand with us, so there's that. 

To your point, at least Sunny owns the fact that she's a "blurter" and admits it. 

• Love 5
On 12/14/2021 at 1:30 PM, KittyQ said:

During the discussion about kids in school, Joy says that she was the only one who was a teacher, and Sunny jumped in to say that she taught law school, even though teaching law school is very different from the kind of teaching that was under discussion. By the time someone gets to law school they should know what their best mode is for learning. It is a different type of pressure than kids in grades 1 - 12 have. She had to admit it was different, but it seemed as though she couldn't just let Joy talk about her experience and expertise without saying "me too".

Oh Sunny, she thinks she is the best at everything. She couldn't be quiet and let Joy talk.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Shouldn't this be vice-versa?  If it becomes something you're known for, it's a feature, not a bug????  Just asking!!

The saying "It's not a bug, it's a feature" typically is used to rationalize not correcting some behavior in a program that wasn't intended. Sometimes that behavior actually does benefit the user to a degree, but often it is an annoyance that isn't big enough for the development team to change. (Occasionally, people say this and it really is a feature, but people think it is a bug because the behavior is not what they expected. My experience is that this situation is not that common, though.)

However, the point I was trying to make was that while the person might like to think of their behavior as a feature (since it is what they are known for), for everyone else it is a bug and ought to be fixed. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Jennifer Garner seems like a really good person and she’s come to Ben Affleck’s rescue more than once since their divorce.  She deserves so much better than him.  I suspect he and JLo deserve each other.

Agree, Jennifer Garner didn't deserve that. 

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Agree, Jennifer Garner didn't deserve that. 

She deserves so much better. After all the things she did for you in the name of family.  You're a dog.and not even a good one.  Yer a cur.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Her hair was flawless today.  She should wear it like that more often.   Very becoming. 

Her hair looked nice, but sometimes her makeup looks too monotone. I think whoever does the hair and makeup thinks of Sara as the “young one” and tries to use her for all of the trendy hair and makeup ideas and they look less than flattering because Sara is a bit older (close to my own age). It’s another reason they need a late 20/early 30s host instead of just a conservative/Republican host. 

• Love 2

I think I'm new to this thread, but not this site. Anyway, been watching The View more lately. 

Today I did notice as well that Ben sounded odd, slurred a little maybe? Celebs Seem to get on these podcasts and shows like Stern and just spill their shit that they should keep to themselves. Ben has always kind of come across to me as an ass anyway.

I also found guest Amy R. super annoying. Maybe she was nervous for some reason, but her husband Andrew hardly got a word in at all. They could be the next Kelly and Mark. 

Ugh.

Ps - I know Amy is a breast cancer survivor, but maybe take a breath or something on these shows with your husband.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

She deserves so much better. After all the things she did for you in the name of family.  You're a dog.and not even a good one.  Yer a cur.

Ben used to my one of my top celeb crushes. All the handsome in the world cannot makeup for not being very nice. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Shut up Ben Affleck.  He went to rehab before Jennifer Garner and  years after their divorce as well. He's such a jerk. The bad marriage didnt make you drink. You being an alcoholic made you drink.

So true. Ben's interview doesn't reflect any true growth, unless later in the conversation he says that he figured out that being unhappy in his marriage was just an excuse to drink and it was all on him. I don't listen to Stern, so I don't know what else was said. This clip may have been the most salacious part and got all the attention. 

Ben had many gifts and he's squandering them.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, seasons said:

I also found guest Amy R. super annoying. Maybe she was nervous for some reason, but her husband Andrew hardly got a word in at all. They could be the next Kelly and Mark. 

Ugh.

Ps - I know Amy is a breast cancer survivor, but maybe take a breath or something on these shows with your husband.

I have always found Amy Robach annoying!!  She acts like a "know it all" and I'll never understand why.

PS- She is the only person I've seen go though rounds of chemo and not lose their hair. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

I have always found Amy Robach annoying!!  She acts like a "know it all" and I'll never understand why.

PS- She is the only person I've seen go though rounds of chemo and not lose their hair. 

Breast cancer chemo, you definitely will lose your hair.  Maybe she used a system that cools the scalp and prevents chemotherapy to the hair follicles.  Or she just had very good wigs.  

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Breast cancer chemo, you definitely will lose your hair.  Maybe she used a system that cools the scalp and prevents chemotherapy to the hair follicles.  Or she just had very good wigs.  

I had an awesome wig!  Even my hairdresser thought my own hair had grown back super quick! 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ben used to my one of my top celeb crushes. All the handsome in the world cannot makeup for not being very nice. 

Me too.  But he lost me when he went over the top crazy about J Lo when she was still married to her second husband.  And of course that video of him literally kissing her ass.

14 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Ben had many gifts and he's squandering them.

Wonder how long before  he will squander the "gift" of being back with J Lo.

18 hours ago, catlover79 said:

To your point, at least Sunny owns the fact that she's a "blurter" and admits it. 

But Sunny thinks blurting things out is being honest and/or being a straight shooter.  Just because you blurt out something that is true doesn't mean it is a good thing to do.  

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

But Sunny thinks blurting things out is being honest and/or being a straight shooter.  Just because you blurt out something that is true doesn't mean it is a good thing to do.  

Like a friend of mine says, those who are brutally honest are more inclined to be brutal than honest.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Amy Robach showed her hair getting cut short on GMA. She never wore wigs. 

I think she said in her first book she only lost part of her hair. It just didn't add up for me.

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, Rightside said:

10 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

2 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I think she said in her first book she only lost part of her hair. It just didn't add up for me.

Before I underwent chemo, I was provided with information about how I would probably lose my hair; it provided statistics, that maybe 1% (not sure about that, so don't quote me) wouldn't lose their hair. Olivia Newton-John had that ice cap treatment, so she wouldn't lose her hair--but that is hella expensive. Maybe Amy used that treatment.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Aww, congrats to Nick Roker for getting into college. Debra should be proud.

Ha!  I got a Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas one year and I was thrilled. It wasn’t something I’d buy for myself but always wanted.

Sunny's outfit is hideous. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny, your son is a very attractive 19 year old.  I could be wrong but I doubt he’s going to save himself for marriage.

Did Sunny save herself for marriage? She got married when she was 30 years old.

• Useful 3

Amy Robach - when they started the show she's on now it was a daily update about COVID. Every day it seemed that whoever else was on the show gradually looked less and less pulled together (just like most of us stuck at home), but Amy seemed to always look terrific. It was like she was unaffected by the quarantine somehow. I don't know how she does it, but she still manages to look good no matter what is going on. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny, your son is a very attractive 19 year old.  I could be wrong but I doubt he’s going to save himself for marriage.

To be fair, Sunny said that she would like for him to save himself for marriage but I think that  she knows that he most likely will not do that. Her bone of contention was allowing him to have sex in her home with his girlfriend. I agreed with her wholeheartedly. Unless you are married to your spouse, there will be no sex in my home. If you choose to do it elsewhere then that is your business..  The whole panel agreed with Sunny except for Joy..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Once my kids started living with their SOs it became kind of disingenuous to not let them sleep together. 😄 (Yeah, I do realize there’s a difference.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Unless you are married to your spouse, there will be no sex in my home. If you choose to do it elsewhere then that is your business..

I agree with you in principle, but especially with younger folks, putting them in separate rooms is no guarantee that there's no sex happening. It just may not be when you think it is. From what I've read. :-)

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Once my kids started living with their SOs it became kind of disingenuous to not let them sleep together. 😄 (Yeah, I do realize there’s a difference.)

If they are in a defined relationship yes.  If the kid is bringing home random hookups, absolutely not.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I agree with you in principle, but especially with younger folks, putting them in separate rooms is no guarantee that there's no sex happening. It just may not be when you think it is. From what I've read. :-)

That is true, I just think giving a 19 year old license to have sex in your home is opening a can of worms. If they are a fully form adult in a long-term relationship then I would have no issue with them sharing a bedroom.  I had a friend whose best friend would allow her 17 year old son to have sex in the house with all the girls that he wanted and  he would also drink and do drugs as well. Her excuse was at least he was doing it at home and not out in the streets. I was mortified to say the least..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

That is true, I just think giving a 19 year old license to have sex in your home is opening a can of worms. If they are a fully form adult in a long-term relationship then I would have no issue with them sharing a bedroom.  I had a friend whose best friend would allow her 17 year old son to have sex in the house with all the girls that he wanted and  he would also drink do drugs as well. I was mortified to say the least..

Yes, I agree that it is not a good plan to give tacit approval at such a young age. You hope that they would respect your wishes, but realistically, they probably end up sneaking about anyway. It is a good idea to not just give the rules with a *wink, wink* though. 

• Love 2

The Ben Affleck story turned out to be bull-crap!!  He was on Kimmel last night & completely debunked what was said.  Our Canadian talk show, The Social with Lainey Lui, their resident gossip columnist, discussed it this morning & Lainey said the press took a small portion of a 2 & 1/4 hr. interview out of context.  Apparently, J-Lo, was backstage at the Kimmel show & was NOT happy about what was being said about Ben.  Just sayin'!!!

1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

The Ben Affleck story turned out to be bull-crap!!  He was on Kimmel last night & completely debunked what was said.  Our Canadian talk show, The Social with Lainey Lui, their resident gossip columnist, discussed it this morning & Lainey said the press took a small portion of a 2 & 1/4 hr. interview out of context.  Apparently, J-Lo, was backstage at the Kimmel show & was NOT happy about what was being said about Ben.  Just sayin'!!!

I haven't read or seen this, but even before it "came out", Ben had proven himself to be an asshole. 

And of course Jennifer Lopez would be upset--he's her latest squeeze again.

Cry me a River.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I haven't read or seen this, but even before it "came out", Ben had proven himself to be an asshole. 

And of course Jennifer Lopez would be upset--he's her latest squeeze again.

Cry me a River.

Ben has never been an actor I warmed to & I don't feel one bit sorry for him, but the truth is the truth!!

• Love 2

Just wanted to say how absolutely enjoyable it is to watch the show now that the one who can't be named is gone. My blood pressure has remained in the normal range, and I haven't yelled at the TV one time.

Hope everyone has a great time over the holidays and hope this forum continues forever! 

• Love 14