Type keyword(s) to search

Come Again?: The Late-Series Revamp Or “Sequel” Series

• Start Topic

On 12/27/2021 at 6:25 PM, Kyle said:

Oh, BTW - if we’re making up narratives about why characters disappeared, then I’m going with the Eastland board firing Bradley in between seasons 1 and 2 after they realized how strange he was.

The headwriters who took over the show in season 2 basically said that they thought there was this weirdly sexualized vibe the girls had in season 1 (like why are girls running around in short shorts and tight tank tops during what is supposed to be an upstate New York winter?) and I'm guessing Mr. Bradley also creeped them out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

The headwriters who took over the show in season 2 basically said that they thought there was this weirdly sexualized vibe the girls had in season 1 (like why are girls running around in short shorts and tight tank tops during what is supposed to be an upstate New York winter?)

Well, hot pants were still in style. 

16 hours ago, Dani said:

There was also a sitcom where Marcia and Jan have a double wedding and move into together with their husbands between the variety show and Christmas movie. 

Oh, right. "The Brady Brides." I forgot that one.👍

• Love 1
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

The headwriters who took over the show in season 2 basically said that they thought there was this weirdly sexualized vibe the girls had in season 1 (like why are girls running around in short shorts and tight tank tops during what is supposed to be an upstate New York winter?) and I'm guessing Mr. Bradley also creeped them out.

I guess that the new writers also thought it was bogus for Tootie to ALWAYS be on rollerskates to attempt to obscure Kim Fields being much shorter (and younger) than the rest of the cast. I mean she even wore those skates when mounting a horse- while trying to escape a flood[!?!]!

• LOL 7

In the recent "Live" version, Kim Fields mentioned how hard it was to go up and down the kitchen staircase in those skates. The camera then went to the stairs in question, which I didn't remember, and I'm amazed she could even do it. Tight, narrow, and triangular to go around a pole. I tried to find a picture but couldn't. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Blergh said:

I guess that the new writers also thought it was bogus for Tootie to ALWAYS be on rollerskates to attempt to obscure Kim Fields being much shorter (and younger) than the rest of the cast. I mean she even wore those skates when mounting a horse- while trying to escape a flood[!?!]!

They specifically cited it as being ridiculous that Tootie would be on rollerskates inside a house.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

They specifically cited it as being ridiculous that Tootie would be on rollerskates inside a house.

Clearly they never met me as a child. We had a very large den that I used as a makeshift roller rink.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, kariyaki said:

Clearly they never met me as a child. We had a very large den that I used as a makeshift roller rink.

I am so jealous! I had to rollerskate in the streets like a common hoodlum. 

I found Tootie always rolling around on her skates weird, but I kinda wanted to do it. Alas I grew up in crowded apartments so it wasn't a possibility. 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Does Little House: A New Beginning count? Alas, the show was already long in the tooth by that point.

And ironically with its Dull Carters, as well as the  Laura and  Nellie Wannabees, it would have been more apt to have called it Little House: The End is Nigh!

Edited by Blergh
  • LOL 7
On 2/19/2022 at 12:54 PM, Prairie Rose said:

Does Little House: A New Beginning count? Alas, the show was already long in the tooth by that point.

At that point Michael Landon didn't care because he was busy with getting Highway to Heaven up. I still think it's incredibly petty that he chose to blow up "the town" for the series finale because he didn't want the network to be able to re-use the sets.

Speaking of reuse, apparently when they were putting together Dr. Quinn Medicine Women the props department looked at leftover wardrobe from Little House, and the costumer was basically all, "Get this 70's crap out of here! Jane Seymour isn't going to wear this!" lol

I do think that there's a hundred percent chance that an alive Michael Landon would have tried another stab at Little House, this time bastardizing Rose's childhood/young adulthood in the 1890's through the Great War. Alas, that didn't happen, may god rest his soul.

There were talks about trying to do a sequel series to Dr. Quinn, and they did have two  t.v. movie continuations, but nothing further than that. At this point it's probably too late, unless they decide on a sequel series with Coleen as a mother to a daughter who becomes the third generation of Medicine Woman. lol

The success of Yellowstone might convince Networks to start looking at Westerns again, but we'll see. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

The success of Yellowstone might convince Networks to start looking at Westerns again, but we'll see. 

Yeah, but when Longmire was on and successful there were those who said Westerns would see a big comeback. Like you said, we'll see.

43 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Yeah, but when Longmire was on and successful there were those who said Westerns would see a big comeback. Like you said, we'll see.

Well, you’ve got Wynona Earp and Yellowstone, two westerns I can think of that began aft Longmire started.  It’s not a lot, but it’s three more than was on 15 yrs ago.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Little House: A New Beginning definitely counts. If it had been successful, I’m sure it would have been later syndicated as a separate series, instead of folding into the syndication package of LHOTP.

I never much liked the title - why not just call it Little Town on the Prairie?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Egg McMuffin said:

Little House: A New Beginning definitely counts. If it had been successful, I’m sure it would have been later syndicated as a separate series, instead of folding into the syndication package of LHOTP.

I never much liked the title - why not just call it Little Town on the Prairie?

Not sure why! Perhaps since that had been the title of one of Mrs. Wilder's later books they weren't able to/didn't bother to get copyright clearance so had to stick with the House in the title!

• Love 3