Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E02: Loose Lips and Lawsuits

• Start Topic

Shannon’s face looks so bloated and overdone and the long hair doesn’t help. All that alcohol and hypochondria is starting to really show on her. 

I used to like Heather but when she claimed to not know how many rooms are in her house, she completely lost me. The pretentiousness is just too much.

Gina should invest in some good undergarments. She always looks lumpy.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Overly botoxed, long stringy hair, botched up faces, boobs hanging out. WTF?

I hope I'm wrong but I've come to consider that the look of Orange County.   It's so everywhere that I don't think these women even notice it.  Now Emily has already started down that road.  😢  And what's scary to me is if these rich women can't get good cosmetic surgery in the cosmetic surgery capital of California then what about the rest of us?  Sure, the RHOBH are done too but somehow it just doesn't look as bad to me.    Kyle's is especially well done. 

Regarding Heather, it's always been my experience that people with real wealth and money do not talk about how much things cost.  I guess Heather is just a tacky woman with too much money and apparently too much time. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
Because Heather is a woman not women.
  • Love 22
3 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

And what's scary to me is if these rich women can't get good cosmetic surgery in the cosmetic surgery capital of California then what about the rest of us?  Sure, the RHOBH are done too but somehow it just doesn't look as bad to me.    Kyle's is especially well done. 

There are good plastic surgeons but believe it or not that horrendous super plastic look is what women actively aspire to.

My friend has had work done  - eyes, facelift, moderate amount of injectables and she seeks out surgeons where the result is more more discreet. 

The surgeons in New York tend to do less obvious work because it isn't fashionable there although there are of course always outliers 

But just consider some aging stars like Jennifer Annison or Reese Witherspoon. They are both 50 or so and have obviously had work but it is very good subtle work. Of course at a certain point you either have to accept the aging process or look like a lunatic like some of the women like Suzanne Somers versus Meryl Streep who has obviously also had plastic surgery/injectables but doesn't look freakish because she is not bloating her face with procedures

• Love 8

Regarding Heather, it's always been my experience that people with real wealth and money do not talk about how much things cost.  I guess Heather is just a tacky women with too much money and apparently too much time. 

She's just so noovou reesh.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Doesn't he have cheek implants? 

Ohhh maybe that’s it. I truly don’t understand why people do this, it looks horrifying! And believe me, I’m not against plastic surgery or tweaks (👋 Botox). I think it’s the facial filler that looks wonky to me. 

• Love 5

Is there a TV version of the Razzies? Because Terry and Heather's acting would certainly qualify for worst performance in a comedy. Sheesh. Terry was hilarious when he solemnly proclaimed how annoyed he was that the party was cancelled and all that food went to waste. You doofus, your wife is the one who cancelled the party. It isn't like something horrible happened, like someone ate a bow on a cake.  OMFG.

It appears that Heather has returned because she is a failed actress, so this is the best gig she can get? I did laugh at her "camera down" orders. Reminded me of Denise's "Bravo Bravo" when she wanted filming to stop. Actresses. Lol. 

I did find it interesting that only Terry and Heather said that Nicole dropped the lawsuit. Nicole never did say that, which makes me wonder if she did or not. After all, why sue because your lawyer talked you into it, only to drop it? Did he talk you into that as well, Nicole?

Gina, Gina, Gina. I have liked you for the most part but you are the one who screwed up, not Shannon. I did laugh when her defense to Shannon was that she didn't know Heather 12 hours before, when she made the promise not to say anything. I know friendships on these shows are often fake, but Gina took it to a whole new level. 

I loved Heather proclaiming at her lunch with Gina and Emily that leopards do not change their spots. That should be Heather's tag line. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, amarante said:

There are good plastic surgeons but believe it or not that horrendous super plastic look is what women actively aspire to.

My friend has had work done  - eyes, facelift, moderate amount of injectables and she seeks out surgeons where the result is more more discreet. 

The surgeons in New York tend to do less obvious work because it isn't fashionable there although there are of course always outliers 

But just consider some aging stars like Jennifer Annison or Reese Witherspoon. They are both 50 or so and have obviously had work but it is very good subtle work. Of course at a certain point you either have to accept the aging process or look like a lunatic like some of the women like Suzanne Somers versus Meryl Streep who has obviously also had plastic surgery/injectables but doesn't look freakish because she is not bloating her face with procedures

Poor Reese is only 45!  But I get your point. 

• LOL 9

Heather Dubrow does not belong on this show.  She's more a RHBH.  There's just too much of a discrepancy between her wealth and the wealth of the others.  There's no way they can compete with her "fabulousness".

Speaking of wealth, just what does Gina do for a living?  Most of the others have careers and Shannon was pretty well set up by her divorce settlement but I don't know where Gina's money...not that we've seen her flaunting any...comes from.  Does she have a job we don't know about?  Or is her job RHOC?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Adding one more thing.  What about the long blonde mops to the waist that most have, like Shannon for instance.  That look is outdated already.

And they have to pull the mop over their shoulders and stroke and paw at it as if to reassure themselves that it is still there. Hair like this on a 57year old woman is very aging. A couple of years ago Vickie and Ramona got rid of that mess and cut their hair in cute shoulder length bobs. They looked 10 years younger when they did this.

• Love 9

It's pretty clear that in real life Shannon is not friends with any of these women. She seems really awkward and uncomfortable with all of them. Also, what is the big deal about saying she thinks that Nicole once upon a time sued Terry? She should have left out the part about "but don't say anything". That was her downfall. This needs to be her last season. 

Nothing will make me believe Heather would ever give little casita Gina of Long Island the time of day. Nothing. Women like Gina do not exist in a woman like Heather's orbit. 

Speaking of Heather, I never considered her a particularly beautiful woman but her face is so hard looking now. She needs to stop lecturing everybody. She's a nobody from upper class Westchester County who married a lame Dr. and had very minimal success as an actress. As her friend Nicole would say, Sit down. 

I can't understand how RHONY was put on a (permanent?) hiatus, and not given a reunion when this shitfest was given another season. Where is the justice in this world?!

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

I didn't really understand why Dr Jen was looking down her nose at Noella because Noella doesn't have a job. Isn't Noella a SAHM? Dr Jen's husband is a SAHD. What is the difference? And while I don't think Noella is a great beauty, she is far better looking than Mr Jen. And likely has much better table manners. 

At least there was an Archie sighting and a Shane scene. Unpopular opinion I know, but I am one who has always liked Shane. Much more than I like Emily. Though I did love Emily continually telling Nicole that she was already sitting down when she was sitting down.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 11

At the post-party lunch with Heather, Gina and Emily, did Emily say something about Shannon asking her to look up details about the lawsuit and she refused?

If so, in my opinion that's more egregious than Shannon telling her friends about a public lawsuit was filed years ago...

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Speaking of wealth, just what does Gina do for a living?  Most of the others have careers and Shannon was pretty well set up by her divorce settlement but I don't know where Gina's money...not that we've seen her flaunting any...comes from.  Does she have a job we don't know about?  Or is her job RHOC?

Gina has three young children - that was her job when she first started and I assume she's still doing it.  Her ex-husband is most likely still supporting those kids as well.   I think I read that she is hoping to parlay the howives gig into slapping her name on a skincare line. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I just don’t understand why Heather called the party off. A few of her guests were rude and loud. But weren’t there other people invited who were expecting more than just sushi appetizers? What about them? She should have calmly asked the loud, rude guests to leave and then announced to everyone else “dinner is served!”  Oh wait, it’s Heather. 

• Love 16

I had not heard Gina's story about ex-Matt taking her to a BBQ at the home of the woman he was having an affair with and everyone but her knowing it.  OMG.😲   It's impressive how far she has bounced back from something like that.  A similar thing happened to me in college (boyfriend - not husband) decades ago and I can still remember that feeling. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Adding one more thing.  What about the long blonde mops to the waist that most have, like Shannon for instance.  That look is outdated already.  Shannon walking down the hall with that mop hanging down to her waist looked hilarious.  Her high heels, about six inches were shaking side to side.  Get a decent haircut already.  That stringy look is too young for her.  Her face is another story too.  All lopsided.  Heather too.  The high fake pony tail.  Ugh.  Overly botoxed, long stringy hair, botched up faces, boobs hanging out. WTF?

YES! I was thinking the same about Shannon...that short dress and high heels with the extensions down to her waist...OMG! You're in your 50's...not in your 20's...dress appropriately and you would actually look younger and better. Get a nice blunt bob cut and quit with the dated extensions. I swear, the OC is just trapped in a time warp of women in their 40's and 50's trying so hard to look like the 20 year old from the 80's. And Nicole's "dress" was totally inappropriate for a ladies dinner...I really don't know where that dress would be appropriate except at the Playboy Mansion if Hef was still alive.

11 hours ago, shirazplease said:

Emily is one sloppy drunk.   

Interesting that a Mormon would be married to someone who drinks at all let alone the way she drinks...that is one odd marriage.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

It’s only 36 thousand dollars.  Chump change.

Right? After all the crap we've been through the last couple of years with some of us having a lot of hardships including job losses, businesses lost, bank accounts drained just to pay bills...it just makes me pissed off to see poeple like Heather and Terry flaunting themselves inside their massive home that looks like a high end Hyatt Hotel...the fact that she could lay down $36,000 for a sushi dinner and then end it abruptly before most had even eaten anything is something that I think most of us on here cannot possibly make sense of. I don't envy them or even want to live like them...they just disgust me.

8 hours ago, nytonc said:

Shannon’s face looks so bloated and overdone and the long hair doesn’t help. All that alcohol and hypochondria is starting to really show on her. 

I used to like Heather but when she claimed to not know how many rooms are in her house, she completely lost me. The pretentiousness is just too much.

Gina should invest in some good undergarments. She always looks lumpy.

I was thinking thesame thing about Gina...she isn't athletic and doesn't have good build. Some Spanx might do the trick.

• Love 13
On 12/8/2021 at 8:27 PM, angelamh66 said:

Terry went back on camera for the sole purpose of getting that woman to affirm on camera that she dismissed the lawsuit and he did nothing wrong.  

Absolutely. 100%. It's like he and Heather debated two options:

1. We can throw a hissy fit and demand that Nicole leave our house a la Sarah Winchester c. 2011. 

Or...

2. We can act like it's no big whoop. Whatever, doctors sued all the time, blah, blah. But, don't forget to exonerate me in the process. 

• Love 15
On 12/8/2021 at 5:45 PM, TV Glotzer said:

OMFG. Terry Dubrow’s face. 

He looks ghastly. I was aware that he had a facelift a couple years ago but my God....up close. The potato nose, the horrible skin texture, the pulled and overfilled look. No bueno. It always shocks me when I see bad work on supposedly good, well-known plastic surgeons

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Marley GMA said:

I am not really understanding why she is so mad at Shannon. Shannon stated a FACT to Gina and Emily and they ran with it.  Was not their place to do.  I also don't understand why they coddled the woman who sued them and treated Shannon like she committed a murder.  Heather and your hubby Please go away immediately!

I don't understand it, either.  

Nor did I understand a couple of seasons ago when Tamra went all hellfire on Vicki because Vicki had told Kelly about the rumor that Eddie was gay.  Vicki didn't say Eddie was gay, didn't say she agreed with the rumors, just said rumors were out there.  And she was right.  Those rumors were EVERYWHERE at the time.  Mini Persnickety surmised because the rumors weren't previously addressed on the show that Tamra was outraged that they would now be front and center, which they briefly were.  

Maybe Heather had an even bigger stick up her ass because the lawsuit was now discussed in front of the cameras?  These women are baffling.  

Anyone else remember back a few seasons when Heather started that massive shit storm with Alexis about how pretentious Alexis was?  Even at the time, Mr. Persnickety and I howled with laughter as within a couple of minutes it showed Ms. Dubrow beachside, arranging her Chanel tote so that the label faced the camera.  Yeah, nothing pretentious about Heather but dingbat Alexis was so offensive it had to be addressed by the group.  

There should be a picture of Heather on Google when one searches for "definition of pretentious."  

vulgar.gif

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16

I don't get why Shannon telling after a few drinks is worse than Gina bringing down a $36,000 party. Team Shannon all the way. I have never ever liked Gina.

Heather and Terry coming down the hall to find Nicole some next level Telenovela whipped up drama for the cameras. 

I think that party cost WAY more than $36K.  The costs of all that staff alone might have been that much. The flowers in the entry way, the booze, the food, the decor etc. She lying.  Half of it had to be comped.  And it's shit to talk about the cost of a party Heather. Gross.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, mrs ra said:

I just don’t understand why Heather called the party off. A few of her guests were rude and loud. But weren’t there other people invited who were expecting more than just sushi appetizers? What about them? She should have calmly asked the loud, rude guests to leave and then announced to everyone else “dinner is served!”  Oh wait, it’s Heather. 

And it's not Heather's first time at the proverbial rodeo.  She has quite a few seasons under her belt.

When has there ever been a gathering of these women that doesn't devolve into a screaming match of epic proportions, fueled by excessive alcohol intake and at least one shit stirrer amongst the guests?  

Yeah, she can miss me with her bullshit.  This is usually how these gatherings end amongst all franchises.  

• Love 7

Also, Gina's casita could get dropped into Heather's powder room and still fit. What a desperate attempt to gain Heather's favor because Heather has $.  I have never ever liked Gina. Her head and chin are too small for the rest of her body, her accent is overblown to make a point. I used to have sympathy for Gina now I am done. The scene she and Emily made was out of the movie White Chicks. No offense to the movie White Chicks because it's a funny movie. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Wow - this has become obviously terrible. Like Fonzie strapping on waterskis to jump a shark terrible. I gave up NY this year, and I suspect this one is going on the cutting room floor too. Who has time for shit like:

• Emily's poorly-acted sudden hulk rage and hollering at Nicole (? is that her name?), "I've been a good friend to you" (LONG PAUSE as she realizes what she's saying) "this whole evening" (which I can only assume was about 10 minutes by that time). To which Nicole (?) replies essentially, "bitch...I've known you for like five minutes."
  • Terry's poorly acted dramatic "You sued me" followed by their beaming benevolence worthy of an after school special.
  • Gina's posture
  • The bisexual screamer (her name has totally escaped me at the moment) hollering to Max about her bisexuality AND later comparing all of them to sisters. (yes...if they are sisters who were separated at birth with completely different birth parents who only just met each other now.)
  • Heather threatening to quit and yelling cameras down. How many times over the course of the season do you suppose producers and cameramen heard Heather threaten to quit? I bet quit a few.

There's more, but too many. It's just contrived. It's just bad, bad television. I'm going to do with this what I did with NY and only listen to recaps on Watch What Crappens instead. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

I don't think Shannon said anything wrong.  She was trying to figure out who the "Nicole" was that Heather asked her about.  Shannon mentioned to Emily & Gina that she must be thinking of the wrong Nicole because the one she knew had sued Terry.  Shannon didn't believe Heather would be friends with a women that sued her husband.  Then Heather told her it was the Nicole that dated Kid Rock.  Shannon was surprised and told Emily & Gina that they should keep it quiet what she had told them about Nicole.  That should have been the end of it.  But Gina could not wait to blab it to get attention from Heather and make Shannon look bad.  Heather should have been angry at either Nicole or Gina.  Shannon just made an innocent mistake by saying it in front of Emily & Gina.  If they were really Shannon's friends they would not have repeated it.  Gina was not close with Heather.  There was no reason to bring it up. 

Emily is a bad drunk.  She gets very loud and nasty when she drinks.  

• Love 20
9 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

the fact that she could lay down $36,000 for a sushi dinner and then end it abruptly before most had even eaten anything is something that I think most of us on here cannot possibly make sense of. I don't envy them or even want to live like them...they just disgust me.

My thought was not only what a waste of $36,000 (which could fund a small wedding or a year at a college), but it was for less than 20 guests! I wonder what the party favors were, we only saw the boxes, maybe bejeweled chop sticks? 

I hope the Dubrows are as philanthropic as they are wasteful. 

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I hope the Dubrows are as philanthropic as they are wasteful. 

Hahahaha!  If the Dubrows gave away one dollar don't you think they would be bragging from the rooftops about it.?  These are not the people to quietly write checks.  Maybe host a big party that cost more than they raised... but even then the Dubrows would make it a three episode event. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

Emily is a bad drunk.  She gets very loud and nasty when she drinks.  

The dynamic she has with Gina is weird. That season she cried and cried because Gina was mad at her and wouldn't return her calls. She's always been a little obsessed with her. Total strange vibes when she started leaving the party she kept yelling over to Gina to "C'mon, you're with me, Let's go Gina, you're with me, We're leaving!! 

1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

Did Terry do her face or boobs?.

Terry is the boob man. I'm still not understanding why a lawyer would try to convince her to sue Terry when nothing was wrong with her boobs. What a crock of shit. It looks like Nicole medicates herself heavily. She could barely keep her eyes open. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I don't get why Shannon telling after a few drinks is worse than Gina bringing down a $36,000 party. Team Shannon all the way. I have never ever liked Gina.

Heather and Terry coming down the hall to find Nicole some next level Telenovela whipped up drama for the cameras. 

I think that party cost WAY more than $36K.  The costs of all that staff alone might have been that much. The flowers in the entry way, the booze, the food, the decor etc. She lying.  Half of it had to be comped.  And it's shit to talk about the cost of a party Heather. Gross.

I am in the she-had-everything-comped camp! Wait..doesn't Bravo pick up the tabs for their shindigs? So maybe partially comped and Bravo. No way Mr and Mrs Pretentious Moneybags shelled out that much cheddar for 1) people they don't like and 2) just for a tv show. Why did they have so much security there? What were they expecting to happen? Maybe they were worried people would walk off with souvenirs like some do at hotels? 😆 

19 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Adding one more thing.  What about the long blonde mops to the waist that most have, like Shannon for instance.  That look is outdated already.  Shannon walking down the hall with that mop hanging down to her waist looked hilarious.  Her high heels, about six inches were shaking side to side.  Get a decent haircut already.  That stringy look is too young for her.  Her face is another story too.  All lopsided.  Heather too.  The high fake pony tail.  Ugh.  Overly botoxed, long stringy hair, botched up faces, boobs hanging out. WTF?

I had so much second hand embarrassment for her! Attempting six inch heels while drunk, and all of that other mess that is Shannon, is just sad. (I'm awful and giggled at her toddling slowly down the hall, with her ankles wobbling.)

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I had so much second hand embarrassment for her! Attempting six inch heels while drunk, and all of that other mess that is Shannon, is just sad. (I'm awful and giggled at her toddling slowly down the hall, with her ankles wobbling.)

I second this. I'm 56. I haven't worn a heel in several years. Even when I was younger, I was far from graceful and quickly learned that anything with a heel was not my friend. I'm a tripper (even without any drinks in me)...so at this point if I wore heels, I'd probably break a hip. I think I might have a few pairs of low-ish wedges and at most, some boots with maybe a 2-inch heel. I'm short so I could use the height, but I also like to have functioning hips and ankles and stuff. 

Shannon can choose any look she wants and I have no judgment about that particularly. But from a practical standpoint, that just seems like inviting a whollllle lotta pain and discomfort. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Hahahaha!  If the Dubrows gave away one dollar don't you think they would be bragging from the rooftops about it.?  These are not the people to quietly write checks.  Maybe host a big party that cost more than they raised... but even then the Dubrows would make it a three episode event. 

Heather is the OC's version of Marie Antoinette.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

And I don't think this can be said enough, Nicole had a lot of chutzpah walking into their home without ever discussing the lawsuit w/Heather. Maybe just me. I think it's a little eerie, I guess. I feel like that girl has some miles on her and some stories.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, MadMiniaturist said:

He looks ghastly. I was aware that he had a facelift a couple years ago but my God....up close. The potato nose, the horrible skin texture, the pulled and overfilled look. No bueno. It always shocks me when I see bad work on supposedly good, well-known plastic surgeons

His eyes are disappearing into his filler.  I've always felt his nose looks like a flacid, uncircumcised penis. It looks even more so now.  With all the filler, his face looks bloated.  He is hard to look at.  As a plastic surgeon, you would think he would want to look like a good example - way to sell the value.  His face is a reason to choose to age without surgery. 

8 hours ago, NoWhammies said:
  • The bisexual screamer (her name has totally escaped me at the moment) hollering to Max about her bisexuality AND later comparing all of them to sisters. (yes...if they are sisters who were separated at birth with completely different birth parents who only just met each other now.)

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 12/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, A-Lo said:

Heather Dubrow does not belong on this show.  She's more a RHBH.  There's just too much of a discrepancy between her wealth and the wealth of the others.  There's no way they can compete with her "fabulousness".

Gina goes to lunch, has drinks, gossips, then stabs her friends in the back.  She gets support and has her Housewives money.  I am shocked she did what she did.  You don’t blab when a good friend tells you not to.  Heather will never hang with Gina, as she’s not important.  Anyhow, it was producer driven for sure.  No one would do that at a party no less.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I've always felt his nose looks like a flacid, uncircumcised penis. It looks even more so now.

You would think old potato nose Dubrow would get his partner on Botched (Dr. Nassif) to give him a nose job. As far as what I have seen Nassif does the best nose jobs in California. 

• Love 5
On 12/9/2021 at 5:38 PM, A-Lo said:

Yes.  That's her ONLY paying job is my guess.

• Love 2
On 12/8/2021 at 9:06 PM, Straycat80 said:

It’s odd that Heather doesn’t know that Nicole sued Terry. Wouldn’t you remember even if it was 16 years ago? 

Maybe he gets sued so much it's hard to remember all of the plaintiffs.  Plus according to Shannon Nicole looked like Pam Anderson back then.  She sure as hell doesn't now!

• Love 8
On 12/8/2021 at 10:42 PM, Bronzedog said:

Wait a minute- it is disclosed that One of the new women, don’t know who is who, don’t care, sued Terry but Terry and Heather don’t care, but, Heather ends the party, wastes the food and threatens to leave the show?  Heather and Terry don’t care but Shannon is the enemy?  Umm, I’m not really understanding, umm, WHAT?

I know!  The writers on this show need to be fired!  Oh Wait!  It's a reality show!  I forgot!  But not really.  This is by far the most reaching storyline ever.  Who comes up with this jibberish?

• Love 7