Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Show Me a Good Time

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Everyone is excited for Senior skip day, and Spencer plans a romantic getaway at the cabin for he and Olivia, but when the gang shows nothing goes as he had planned. Surprising news makes Jordan and Simone realize they might not be as prepared for their new reality as they had hoped. Now that Patience is back from tour, she and Coop can't seem to get on the same page when it comes to their relationship. Meanwhile, Billy, Grace, Laura and Principal Carter team up with an unlikely ally as they go on an adventure in the halls of South Crenshaw High to track down relics of the past.

Airdate: 12/06/2021

I know Daniel and Samantha are not teenagers, but Spencer and Olivia are, so that was squicky.

Patience OMG just break up with Coop already if you can’t deal.  Don’t string her along.

The hunt for One-Eyed Willie’s time capsule was the most fun this show has ever been.

What about Simone and Jordan's phone sex?  That was like something out of the commercials they have when I'm trying to watching sitcoms late at night, only with teenage characters!  Not good.  I was sure they would break up in this episode, because of the "elephant in the room," a.k.a. the spin-off.  I liked that Spencer compared Jordan's lapel list to Bubba from Forrest Gump, because I already said it.

It was crap that Patience claimed she thought of Coop as her endgame and then acted all distant when Coop tried to hug her.  They probably would have broken up already if Chelsea weren't a full-cast member.  She doesn't want to end up like non-existent Dillon that Grace was yelling at.  (Of course that was just to make sure they established repeatedly that he wasn't home.)  I didn't know they were considering any charges against Coop.  That's probably just to make it easier for the demon spawn to find out that Coop supposedly shot her mom.

Why is Layla so nice to Asher when she just bitches at everyone else (except for Patience whom she likes because she makes her money)?  Jordan shouldn't have butted in about her sleeping with Asher though.

I felt bad for J.J. when he said that no one took him seriously, but I don't think he has usually (99% of the time) even made an effort to be taken seriously.

It's usually fun whenever Denise shows up for anything, though I somehow always forget that she's Kim Fields' sister Alexis.  I still remember when she was on Roc, because I'm older than the parents on this show.

Edited by KWalkerInc
Forgot the time capsule plot.
  • Love 2

At first I was like “but Denise and Tootie look nothing alike” but then I realized I was picturing teenage Kim.  The adults do look more like sisters, heh.

I had to know so I checked and Billy is two years older than I am, and Grace, Laura, Denise and Principal Carter are all younger.  Also I found out that Layla’s dad has been played by two different actors.

Don’t really think phone sex is going to keep Jordan and Simone together for four years in Cali and Georgia.

• Love 1

Taye is four years older than I am, and the others are younger.  Laura is pretty much playing right on her real age and the others are younger than their characters, if they were supposed to be class of '94 (actually I don't know how old Laura is supposed to be) and Principal Carter was three years behind them, a freshman when he left.  I had no idea that they changed the actor who played Layla's dad.  Oops.  I'm surprised I managed to almost immediately get the inside joke about Denise liking Morris Chestnut, even though I haven't seen the movies he and Taye did together.

Edited by KWalkerInc
Typo.
On 12/6/2021 at 9:22 PM, mojoween said:

Patience OMG just break up with Coop already if you can’t deal.  Don’t string her along.

I was like "sheesh", Coop just got shot and her friend who has seen her through this ordeal needed help, not to mention Patience is the one who got Coop to trust Mo. And Patience didn't seem too happy in the video for the time capsule. I just hope that thumb drives are a thing in 20 years! 

On 12/7/2021 at 12:41 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I felt bad for J.J. when he said that no one took him seriously, but I don't think he has usually (99% of the time) even made an effort to be taken seriously.

'Tis true, but I still sorta teared up. He mostly means well - in a bone-headed way. 

Yeah, I don't see Simone & Jordan lasting once she gets to Brigston and the baseball guy is there! 

• Love 1