Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: A Way Out

jewel21
  • Start Topic

On 12/28/2021 at 1:23 AM, Jaelyn96 said:

Upton is cold and heartless. She sure didn’t have any panic attacks when she planned Darius murder . She was only having panic attacks and guilt because she didn’t want Jay to find out what kind of person she is. As soon as he found out , her panic attacks stopped. Her smile is like an annoying smirk. They have no romantic chemistry at all. It’s so forced and they are toxic together 

I disagree, Hailey only did what she did with Darius because he had her Ci/friend murdered, he died right in front of her with his blood covering her. I don’t agree with what she did with Darius but I don’t think that makes her cold and heartless. 

During her panic attack she literally said she killed him and she can’t live with it so the guilt she was feeling was more than just because she was keeping it from Jay. I think once Jay found out then it took the pressure of her slightly. Like Jay said they talked about it all night. 

Romantic chemistry is subjective but I think they have great romantic chemistry. 

• Love 1
On 12/28/2021 at 4:45 AM, Guildford said:

Couldn't agree more.....Why should Upstead get to be 'happier' now?

Now? Because they got away with murder & blackmail? Yep they sooo deserve happiness, meanwhile Kim still doesn't know the man who tried to kill her isn't out there waiting for the right moment to come back and finish the job. 

So we get to see the Liar & her Lackey skipping happily through life because the 'Roy' case is over....🙄.

All three of them are trash.

Murder seems a harsh term to describe what happened. Roy killing millers son and the innocent children was murder. Hailey shot Roy to stop him shooting Hank, it was a good shoot in a bad situation. 

Kim is definitely gonna find out/know that Roy is dead because North closed the case using the files Jay gave him blaming it on other child traffickers. So while she won’t know how he really died she will obviously find out he is dead. 

Also not one single member of the intelligence unit has clean hands. Every single one of them has dirt on their hands. 

1 hour ago, Chicagopdfan said:

Murder seems a harsh term to describe what happened. Roy killing millers son and the innocent children was murder. Hailey shot Roy to stop him shooting Hank, it was a good shoot in a bad situation. 

Kim is definitely gonna find out/know that Roy is dead because North closed the case using the files Jay gave him blaming it on other child traffickers. So while she won’t know how he really died she will obviously find out he is dead. 

Also not one single member of the intelligence unit has clean hands. Every single one of them has dirt on their hands. 

He was murdered, he was then burnt....and 3 people know that & are covering it up & that's a felony. I actually had zero issue with her 'shoot' it was every thing she has done since which is criminal & immoral & lacks integrity. At the point of time they killed him they didn't actually know he had shot Kim. Yes they knew Kim was shot but they played judge jury & executioner with regards to Kim. 

So she is okay getting other people to do her dirty work, she had Darrius Walker murdered for revenge because she was pissed off & was giddy about it.  Great qualities for a cop. And then let's not forget planting of evidence, and the blackmailing, along with Voight of the women who shot Jay. 

Yep, none of them have clean hands, but only 3 of them can claim, murder, burning a body, destroying evidence, lying & blackmail to their rap sheets...that's quite the season the cabal are having.

It's cute you think Kim will find out, as you said the story is over, Kim being brutally bashed, shot & left for dead was irrelevant. They completely ignored her trauma & storyline & tried to make Upton the victim. That's some A grade trash storytelling.

The actors have admitted that as of episode 13 she doesn't know & the writers haven't indicated to them that she will... but hey....Upstead get to be 'happy'  & we know this because they keep telling us ad nauseum, which I get because on screen it's just plain weird & uncomfortable.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Guildford said:

He was murdered, he was then burnt....and 3 people know that & are covering it up & that's a felony. I actually had zero issue with her 'shoot' it was every thing she has done since which is criminal & immoral & lacks integrity. At the point of time they killed him they didn't actually know he had shot Kim. Yes they knew Kim was shot but they played judge jury & executioner with regards to Kim. 

So she is okay getting other people to do her dirty work, she had Darrius Walker murdered for revenge because she was pissed off & was giddy about it.  Great qualities for a cop. And then let's not forget planting of evidence, and the blackmailing, along with Voight of the women who shot Jay. 

Yep, none of them have clean hands, but only 3 of them can claim, murder, burning a body, destroying evidence, lying & blackmail to their rap sheets...that's quite the season the cabal are having.

It's cute you think Kim will find out, as you said the story is over, Kim being brutally bashed, shot & left for dead was irrelevant. They completely ignored her trauma & storyline & tried to make Upton the victim. That's some A grade trash storytelling.

The actors have admitted that as of episode 13 she doesn't know & the writers haven't indicated to them that she will... but hey....Upstead get to be 'happy'  & we know this because they keep telling us ad nauseum, which I get because on screen it's just plain weird & uncomfortable.

It wasn’t murder, he was shot and it was a good shoot, the circumstances were simply bad and they covered it up. Hailey wanted to bring him and call it in which was the reason she was even there in the first place.

He wasn’t shot because they thought he killed Kim he was shot because he grabbed Hanks gone and Hailey was forced to shoot to save Hank. Hailey begged Hank to arrest him and bring him in and it was when Hank was untying him that he grabbed for Hanks gun. 

At point from the show began each member of the team has been criminal & immoral & lacking integrity, that’s no unique to Hailey. They are all flawed. 

She had nothing to do with Hank blackmail the woman who shot Jay, infact it was Kim who was in the room with Hank not Hailey. 

I think the actors where talking about the fact that Kim doesn’t find out about Hailey and Hanks involvement in Roy’s death not that Kim doesn’t find out Roy’s dead full stop. 

Again I have to disagree because I don’t find anything about Upstead weird or uncomfortable on screen. 

17 minutes ago, Guildford said:

It wasn't Kim, it was Hailey. 

Nope it was Kim who was in the room with Hank, I literally watched that episode yesterday. Kim was even the one who gave Hank the update on the lady and then together they went into her room. 
The next time Hank went into her room he went alone. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2aa9d526af6849ac4d29f6dc9376da65.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f5d77d2453e1e01db56eb6f4792e21bc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.35f29d9cecdc646df7386931dd2fab72.jpeg

Edited by Chicagopdfan
6 hours ago, Chicagopdfan said:

Nope it was Kim who was in the room with Hank, I literally watched that episode yesterday. Kim was even the one who gave Hank the update on the lady and then together they went into her room. 
The next time Hank went into her room he went alone. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2aa9d526af6849ac4d29f6dc9376da65.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f5d77d2453e1e01db56eb6f4792e21bc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.35f29d9cecdc646df7386931dd2fab72.jpeg

My mistake.....Although that wasn't the blackmail scene, at that point they were telling her that she'd be charged with murder if anything happened to Jay,........Upton wasn't with Voight when he blackmailed Angela....did tell him it needed to be 'taken care of' though & encouraged Jay to just ignore it, to make it go away. Jay did have some morals back then, has zero cred now.

That aside, in this episode Jay Blackmailed an FBI agent to get his crime bride off. He now has zero right to ever question anyone else in that Unit ever again. They have finally driven the final nail in Halstead's coffin, all 3 of them are in bed together.

2 hours ago, Guildford said:

My mistake.....Although that wasn't the blackmail scene, at that point they were telling her that she'd be charged with murder if anything happened to Jay,........Upton wasn't with Voight when he blackmailed Angela....did tell him it needed to be 'taken care of' though & encouraged Jay to just ignore it, to make it go away. Jay did have some morals back then, has zero cred now.

That aside, in this episode Jay Blackmailed an FBI agent to get his crime bride off. He now has zero right to ever question anyone else in that Unit ever again. They have finally driven the final nail in Halstead's coffin, all 3 of them are in bed together.

No worries but yeah that was the scene where they found out that she knew what they had did to her husband and she said she was gonna tell the world. Hank then said she wasn’t aloud and visitors and Kim then told the security guard not to let anyone in the her room including the security guard himself so Kim was definitely part of it. 

Hailey didn’t tell him to blackmail Angela but she was right in that they couldn’t just ignore the situation. She told Jay he had to let Angela and her son go as he just took a bullet for them. Don’t think there was anyone wrong in that. 

Jay has definitely crossed a line morally but it was just to save Hailey, it was to save himself and Hank as well. Like I said everyone in that unit has done something they shouldn’t have but so really none of them have any right to question anyone in the unit. It is what it is. 

Really need to focus on poor Kim. As she is the one that was attacked. She is the one going through a lot. Need to focus on her point of view there. And she will find out sooner or later about Roy Walton as she is a smart young lady.

• Love 1
On 12/29/2021 at 1:34 PM, Guildford said:

I totally agree with you them trying to be romantic is so forced and uncomfortable and so cringy. I know what was the whole point in Kim getting hurt when it didn’t even really have to do anything with her : it was all about Hailey and Jay and Hailey reactions. 

Edited by Jaelyn96
  • Love 3
On 12/29/2021 at 2:07 PM, Chicagopdfan said:

It wasn’t murder, he was shot and it was a good shoot, the circumstances were simply bad and they covered it up. Hailey wanted to bring him and call it in which was the reason she was even there in the first place.

He wasn’t shot because they thought he killed Kim he was shot because he grabbed Hanks gone and Hailey was forced to shoot to save Hank. Hailey begged Hank to arrest him and bring him in and it was when Hank was untying him that he grabbed for Hanks gun. 

At point from the show began each member of the team has been criminal & immoral & lacking integrity, that’s no unique to Hailey. They are all flawed. 

She had nothing to do with Hank blackmail the woman who shot Jay, infact it was Kim who was in the room with Hank not Hailey. 

I think the actors where talking about the fact that Kim doesn’t find out about Hailey and Hanks involvement in Roy’s death not that Kim doesn’t find out Roy’s dead full stop. 

Again I have to disagree because I don’t find anything about Upstead weird or uncomfortable on screen. 

It was murder . That was Voights intention as why he told her to leave . Voight had no intention of bringing him, any fan would know that . That is not his style. He purposely made it look like the guy was going to hurt him so Upton would shoot him. As why they covered it up. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jaelyn96 said:

It was murder . That was Voights intention as why he told her to leave . Voight had no intention of bringing him, any fan would know that . That is not his style. He purposely made it look like the guy was going to hurt him so Upton would shoot him. As why they covered it up. 

I absolutely understand that Hank had no intention of bringing Roy but Hailey killing Roy wasn’t murder, she was forced to shoot him because he grabbed Hanks gun. Yes Hank absolutely manipulated the whole situation. 

On 12/31/2021 at 7:55 AM, JPPT1974 said:

Really need to focus on poor Kim. As she is the one that was attacked. She is the one going through a lot. Need to focus on her point of view there. And she will find out sooner or later about Roy Walton as she is a smart young lady.

I believe she will find out about Roy in the coming episode because the North officially closed the case using the file that Jay gave him. 

Unfortunately I don’t think we will get much of a pov from Kim regarding Roy because it seems the focus will be on her relationship with Adam and Makayla.  

8 hours ago, Chicagopdfan said:

I absolutely understand that Hank had no intention of bringing Roy but Hailey killing Roy wasn’t murder, she was forced to shoot him because he grabbed Hanks gun. Yes Hank absolutely manipulated the whole situation. 

He told Upton to leave . They all know what he is capable of. She put herself in the situation. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Jaelyn96 said:

He told Upton to leave . They all know what he is capable of. She put herself in the situation. 

I agree but that still doesn’t make her shooting Roy because he grabbed Hanks gun murder. It was a good shoot in a bad situation. 

On 12/30/2021 at 1:39 AM, Guildford said:

And this is what it most unfortunate, to me.  I used to love Jay.  I liked that he was the moral compass for the team (usually).  Hailey has absolutely ruined him.  He's not even likable anymore, he's just still nice to look at.  I've been saying it for at least a year, if not more - Jesse Lee Soffer needs to cut and run.  He can find another role where his talents are appreciated.  The writers have made Jay unlikable by pairing him with such a detestable woman.  (Also, I don't think it's JLS's fault that there's no chemistry... tough to have chemistry with a one-note sourpuss.  Maybe the actress is lovely in real life, but she has zero range for this character.)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

And this is what it most unfortunate, to me.  I used to love Jay.  I liked that he was the moral compass for the team (usually).  Hailey has absolutely ruined him.  He's not even likable anymore, he's just still nice to look at.  I've been saying it for at least a year, if not more - Jesse Lee Soffer needs to cut and run.  He can find another role where his talents are appreciated.  The writers have made Jay unlikable by pairing him with such a detestable woman.  (Also, I don't think it's JLS's fault that there's no chemistry... tough to have chemistry with a one-note sourpuss.  Maybe the actress is lovely in real life, but she has zero range for this character.)

Such horrible things to say about an actress who is simply doing her job. 

Also Jay’s moral compass was compromised because of Hank not Hailey which is why Jay had that conversation with Hank at the end of the episode. 

1 hour ago, Chicagopdfan said:

Also Jay’s moral compass was compromised because of Hank not Hailey which is why Jay had that conversation with Hank at the end of the episode. 

I said the actress is probably a lovely woman in real life. I said the CHARACTER of HAILEY is detestable. She's a fictional character, that's fair game. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I said the actress is probably a lovely woman in real life. I said the CHARACTER of HAILEY is detestable. She's a fictional character, that's fair game. 

You also said you don’t blame Jesse for not having chemistry with Hailey because the actress is a one note sour puss. That’s coming for the actress not the character which isn’t fair game. 

The actress is just doing her job. 

5 hours ago, Chicagopdfan said:

4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I said the actress is probably a lovely woman in real life. I said the CHARACTER of HAILEY is detestable. She's a fictional character

As I've said many times on this forum, Tracy Spiradakos is just not well suited to the craft of dramatic acting, and her character's portrayal that we see on Wednesdays is a direct result of that. Put a talented actor with more than one emotion and Upton could be an interesting character, and maybe even likable--or detestable if written as a baddie. That she is almost certainly a decent human being doesn't affect my criticisms of her talents in her profession. Or perhaps I'm all wet, and if she eventually gets cast as a character in a film or a different show we might see her talents emerging. But what she shows us in Chicago PD is uninteresting, and one dimensional. There is no sexual or romantic chemistry with Soffer whatsoever and she's a reason a wear out my 30-second-jump button.

• Love 2

The Hailey/Tracy talk is starting to go around in circles and it's becoming tedious. Chemistry is subjective and varies by person. Let's all just agree to disagree and move on. Also, this thread is for discussing the episode in question and the events that transpired in that particular episode. Let's try and remember that, please. 

7 hours ago, Chicagopdfan said:

Did I miss Voight holding a gun to Jay's Head?

It was Jay's decision to compromise his morals & blackmail North, not Voight's. Nobody can make you do anything you don't want to do, he could've told the truth but he chose not too. Jay had the choice to do the moral & right thing but chose not to.

Is Voight scum? Yes he is however he isn't responsible for the moral decision's of other cops.

Every choice comes with a consequence, Voight, Jay & Upton all chose to cover up a crime. Upton chose to walk away and not report it, she chose to continue to lie & destroy evidence, she chose to keep it a secret, all her choices. 

Jay chose to blackmail an FBI agent. His choice.

Voight chose to tie up & beat Roy, lie & destroy evidence. His choice.

They all lack morals & integrity.

5 hours ago, Guildford said:

Did I miss Voight holding a gun to Jay's Head?

It was Jay's decision to compromise his morals & blackmail North, not Voight's. Nobody can make you do anything you don't want to do, he could've told the truth but he chose not too. Jay had the choice to do the moral & right thing but chose not to.

Is Voight scum? Yes he is however he isn't responsible for the moral decision's of other cops.

Every choice comes with a consequence, Voight, Jay & Upton all chose to cover up a crime. Upton chose to walk away and not report it, she chose to continue to lie & destroy evidence, she chose to keep it a secret, all her choices. 

Jay chose to blackmail an FBI agent. His choice.

Voight chose to tie up & beat Roy, lie & destroy evidence. His choice.

They all lack morals & integrity.

What I meant was Jay was put in the position of having to compromise his morals in order to save himself, Hank and Hailey because of Hanks actions. If Hank wasn’t who is was and didn’t beat Roy up but instead called in an arrest none of them would have been in the situation that they ended up in. 

I agree the entire unit lacks moral and integrity but I think that’s part of the show to show the grey areas in cops and that they are all flawed. 

6 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

As I've said many times on this forum, Tracy Spiradakos is just not well suited to the craft of dramatic acting, and her character's portrayal that we see on Wednesdays is a direct result of that. Put a talented actor with more than one emotion and Upton could be an interesting character, and maybe even likable--or detestable if written as a baddie. That she is almost certainly a decent human being doesn't affect my criticisms of her talents in her profession. Or perhaps I'm all wet, and if she eventually gets cast as a character in a film or a different show we might see her talents emerging. But what she shows us in Chicago PD is uninteresting, and one dimensional. There is no sexual or romantic chemistry with Soffer whatsoever and she's a reason a wear out my 30-second-jump button.

We can agree to disagree because I happen to think Tracy is currently the strongest actor on the show. She is able to convey all her emotions in a scene with speaking a word. I also think she has amazing sexual and romantic chemistry with Jesse so yes let’s all just agree to disagree. 

• Useful 1