Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Winterfest

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Gallo, Violet and Ritter debut their microbrewery business at Winterfest. Brett prepares to present her paramedicine program to an oversight panel. Firehouse 51 gets in the holiday spirit.

Airdate: 12/08/2021

I knew that Ritter didn't remember the recipe.  That was obvious from the start.

I thought that Stella was going to come back pregnant.  If she doesn't want to marry Severide, then my guess is that the actress wants off the show and this is her quick exit story.  They break up and she gets a lieutenant position at a different house - bye bye!  But if so, that's YEARS wasted, and I do not want to see Severide with the girl from arson investigation.  She's boring.

• Love 4

For what it's worth, Stella Kidd, in the three seconds she was on screen looks horrible. Is she sick and wants/needs to be out?

Helmet head is sure moving fast on Severide. Should she stay I hope she gets a new hairdo.

Gallo is such an immature turd. He's now got no girlfriends.

It was a given that Ritter screwed up with the formula for the winning brew.

• Love 2

For a crew that managed to come up with eight different brews in the short time that they have been working this latest plot device, I'm truly amazed that Ritter could have botched the recipe.  Not that, as pointed out, it was inevitable, but, c'mon.

It's a good thing that everyone's head is made of stone.  If that chain saw had kicked back, not one of them was wearing a helmet.  All told, that was a cool thing they did for "Santa Claus."

Did Mouch get a sunburn somewhere?  His face was red!

At least Severide can see the anvil landing on him this time.  Now even Brett is commenting on what a nice guy Hawkins is.

The height of irony would be if the Board of Review cut one position from OFI to fund Brett's Pair-O-Medics program.

• Love 1

Gallo is such an immature turd. He's now got no girlfriends.

When he was dressed in civvies at the beerfest he looked like a high-schooler. 

The show is so much better without the deification of Stella every week. I hope they are writing her off. In many ways she's just as scatterbrained as Gabby always was. She spent the bulk of last season trying to be a lieutenant only to blow off her chance at a position for this dumb Girls on Fire thing. Which, by the way, sounds like they all have STDs. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

What a dumb and ridiculous plot with Kidd. You would think she was overseas in Africa or something with no mobile service. Who ignores their Partner when they are just states away? I was hoping she was leaving the show and Severide would just hook up with that Arson chick already. I thought she was going to jump across the table the way she looked at him.

• Love 2
On 12/8/2021 at 10:43 PM, preeya said:

Helmet head is sure moving fast on Severide. Should she stay I hope she gets a new hairdo.

Yes, please!  Her cut is awful and has no style to it.  Why have they made her hair so bad?  

1 hour ago, TM101 said:

What a dumb and ridiculous plot with Kidd. You would think she was overseas in Africa or something with no mobile service. Who ignores their Partner when they are just states away? 

Nothing about this plot make sense.  Has the actress been working on other stuff?  Is she sick? 

I liked Stella and Severide in the beginning, but it's been a long time since I've seen any chemistry between them.   I don't see any between him and the arson Lt., though.  Honestly, she may have been a lesbian, bu the had the most chemistry with Shay.

• Love 5

What a dumb and ridiculous plot with Kidd. You would think she was overseas in Africa or something with no mobile service. Who ignores their Partner when they are just states away?

It was dumb. Severide should break up with her just for blowing him (and Boden) off like that. She's either ridiculously irresponsible and self involved, or she is trying to tell them something.

I hate to say it, but Taylor Kinney just isn't a strong enough actor to carry this show. Without Jesse Spencer, they need a strong replacement, and I don't see it in this new Lieutenant. He's pretty boring too.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I hate to say it, but Taylor Kinney just isn't a strong enough actor to carry this show. Without Jesse Spencer, they need a strong replacement, and I don't see it in this new Lieutenant. He's pretty boring too.

I hate to say this, but I agree with you in this about Taylor. Nothing against him or his fans, that some only love Taylor for his looks and not his talents away. But the show does need a strong replacement.   

• Love 4

Sorry, but I’ve always thought that watching Taylor Kinney act is like watching a person watch paint dry. I’m not surprised he can’t carry a show that has the emotional depth of a kiddie pool. JMO. Fire has either fired or lost all of its strong "lead" actors, with the exception of Walker (...who's barely on the show, really). (In some fairness here, I think Jesse Spencer more or less checked out when Casey got fridged in season 7. I don't know how much he carried the show when all that happened.)

I think season 10 should have been/should be the last season. They could have pretended it was going out on a strong note. As it is, they’ve lost their #1 lead and a showrunner (there’s now a co-showrunner) in the same season, which is rarely good. And I have doubts about whatever is going on with Kidd’s actor, but that remains to be seen.

• Love 3

The only actors worth watching anymore are Mouch and Herrmann (who doesn't get enough story time).  All the rest of the actors are pretty light weight.  Gallo man-child is just unwatchable these days.

• Love 1
On 12/8/2021 at 10:43 PM, preeya said:

For what it's worth, Stella Kidd, in the three seconds she was on screen looks horrible. Is she sick and wants/needs to be out?

I don't like either of these ladies. I'm tired of Stella and hope she goes back on the road for her GoF program. I also think helmet head is boring.

• Love 4

The way Gallo just kept getting interrupted when trying to tell Violet his feelings would be comical if it wasn't so pathetically sad. This is the prime example of this show being such a soap opera. This is what the writers are coming up with now? Wow.

Seager needs to get the message that Kelly, unfortunately, is not available. Every time she appears, she always tries to make a pass at Kelly. It's almost toeing the line of harassment.

17 minutes ago, WinJet0819 said:

Seager needs to get the message that Kelly, unfortunately, is not available.

In the latest episode, they made a big point of saying that she is out of town.  Probably to avoid the inevitable drama.