Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 12/6/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

On 12/6/2021 at 2:05 PM, Buckeye71034 said:
On 12/6/2021 at 4:03 PM, Back Atcha said:

Instead of "as well," why not instead of Mia Love.  There are already two White women and two Black woman.  If a fifth is necessary, an Asian should be considered next.

100 percent. The lack of Asian representation in the media  is an issue no one seems to address. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, geekburger said:

There’s been a lot of “let Sarah speak” recently.

She tells Whoppi that she needs to talk!   

She'd never say anything if she was on the other side of the table away from the bell and Whoopi.

• Love 1

Whoopi, using Roy Moore as an example of the people voting “the right way” is not a good one. You know what happened 2 years later?  The Dem who did win (and whose name I forget already*) got booted from office. By Tommy Tuberville, a football coach.  The people spoke.

* Doug Jones, respected US Attorney.

Did Sara speak during the Newsom interview?

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Axie said:

Not sure why Governor Newsom is being given so much time.

He recited the same boring monologue on The Daily Show last night. Did he write the book for a potential poor-me tour if he had lost the recall election? Odd.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

He recited the same boring monologue on The Daily Show last night. Did he write the book for a potential poor-me tour if he had lost the recall election? Odd.

A lot of the people who appear on this show when plugging a book or a show, also do the night show circuit and say the same thing. Newsom isn't the only one.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Did Sara speak during the Newsom interview?

At the end when Joy asked if he was going to run for President, she said "come back and let us know".

She didn't say anything else when he was there.

Edited by Rightside
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Rightside said:

At the end when Joy asked if he was going to run for President, she said "come back and let us know".

She didn't say anything else when he was there.

Do you mean Sara or Joy?   I thought Sara had one question, couldn't tell you what though.

P.S bonus question: if Lupe goes to every show, every day.  So she must live in NYC right?  For some reason i saw her with her grandkids in Florida 

P.P.S. What term is this for Grissom?  First, second, etc ?  I hope they leave him alone to do his job.

And actually Whoopie is partially wrong on the weight and voice thing.  I looked it up and experts say that the timbre and pitch can change.  So it may sound lighter or heavier and may go lower or higher in pitch. So you certainly don’t lose your ability to sing nor your singing voice, but the sound of it can change with significant weight loss or gain. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

And actually Whoopie is partially wrong on the weight and voice thing.  I looked it up and experts say that the timbre and pitch can change.  So it may sound lighter or heavier and may go lower or higher in pitch. So you certainly don’t lose your ability to sing nor your singing voice, but the sound of it can change with significant weight loss or gain. 

Yup. Exhibit A: Elvis Presley.

• Love 7
On 12/6/2021 at 5:24 PM, mtlchick said:

Interesting that they were not mentioning that the Cuomo accusation stemmed from his time at ABC News like most places are reporting.

I am starting to believe any news coverage is not 100% honest. Very biased networks, all of them, liberal and conservative. 

Edited by BeeBop88
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yup. Exhibit A: Elvis Presley.

There's whole discussions about fat Luther (Vandross) vs skinny Luther with 80s/90s R&B fans.  I'm guessing that's what Sunny was referring to.   

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Do you mean Sara or Joy?   I thought Sara had one question, couldn't tell you what though.

Sara didn't say anything during the Gavin interview.  

Joy asked if he was going to run for President at the end and Sara said "come back and let us know".

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

As usual Whoopi asserts herself as The Expert of All Things, especially when Sunny disagrees with her. Whoopi is full of crap. If Sunny says the sky is blue, not green Whoopi will always interrupt and say “Actually it is green” and will accept no argument otherwise. She has spoken and that is the end of it. Drives me nuts. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
22 minutes ago, Haleth said:

As usual Whoopi asserts herself as The Expert of All Things, especially when Sunny disagrees with her. Whoopi is full of crap. If Sunny says the sky is blue, not green Whoopi will always interrupt and say “Actually it is green” and will accept no argument otherwise. She has spoken and that is the end of it. Drives me nuts. 

Whoopi prefers more docile personalities on the show like Sara, Sherri (at least her early years), and Nicolle Wallace. Who make it a point to worship her or fangirl if they ever decide to disagree. Rosie then Paula and now Sunny like to speak and speak often authoritatively but usually with facts and not feelings like Whoopi. She feels challenged. Joy has in my opinion given up and accepted Whoopis dominance while Sunny still sticks to her point and doesn't concede to Whoopi at the first sign of the wagging finger. Rosie also did that. Whoopis burning hatred for Paula was the strangest tbh. this situation is entirely personality based and nothing to do with politics.

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I know, I know, I shouldn't objectify the governor of California. But goddamn Gavin Newsom is so hot. 

He really is. Knowing who his ex wife is takes some of his shine off for me . I just can't understand it. But yes, very handsome. 

• Love 11

Sunny has been so disappointing this season. She seems extremely judgmental and has unrealistic expectations of people. I'm noticing this week after week. She must have been one tough prosecutor. She expects Biden to work miracles after inheriting an absolute disaster from all fronts less than a year ago. Does she not realize that he has only 48 true Democratic senators supporting his plans? She keeps attacking him on immigration but she ignores that he was court ordered to reinstate the Stay-in-Mexico policy. She also ignores the fact that most of the Haitian migrants at the border, as heartbreaking as it was to watch, will not be granted asylum because they were already residents of other countries. 

She was usually spot on before, but her takes are now questionable at best. I wonder if something is going on with her. 

• Love 16
45 minutes ago, Axie said:

I think Sunny was thinking of Luther Vandross, too. But, I think there may have been a whole lot more going on with him than just losing weight. 

I think i read somewhere years ago that Aretha Franklin said she worried about losing her "voice" if she lost weight. Idk. I've heard that theory that Sunny was talking about but don't if there is any truth to it. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, jPLUS said:

Sunny has been so disappointing this season. She seems extremely judgmental and has unrealistic expectations of people. I'm noticing this week after week. She must have been one tough prosecutor. She expects Biden to work miracles after inheriting an absolute disaster from all fronts less than a year ago. Does she not realize that he has only 48 true Democratic senators supporting his plans? She keeps attacking him on immigration but she ignores that he was court ordered to reinstate the Stay-in-Mexico policy. She also ignores the fact that most of the Haitian migrants at the border, as heartbreaking as it was to watch, will not be granted asylum because they were already residents of other countries. 

She was usually spot on before, but her takes are now questionable at best. I wonder if something is going on with her. 

Sunny actually seems like she is ready to start a fight before she even gets to the table. 

Again, today she said they talked about something "backstage". I know they plan out the topics, but they are more scripted since being remote for so long. Sara is still scripted. 

I think Sunny would rather be right than happy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, jPLUS said:

Sunny has been so disappointing this season. She seems extremely judgmental and has unrealistic expectations of people.  .......

My thought...every day recently.  She's always so righteous, unyielding, and judgmental; it will be hard for her to take back one of her pontifications.

3 hours ago, ForumLou said:

P.P.S. What term is this for Grissom? 

Oops...that's CSI.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

My thought...every day recently.  She's always so righteous, unyielding, and judgmental; it will be hard for her to take back one of her pontifications.

I wonder if Sunny was like this all along and we were blind to the pontifications because she regularly put Meghan in her place. Now that Meghan is gone and the discussions are more leveled and nuanced, Sunny is exposing herself to be the unreasonable person in the panel. 

Edited by jPLUS
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

He really is. Knowing who his ex wife is takes some of his shine off for me . I just can't understand it. But yes, very handsome. 

I'm going to chalk that up to a youthful mistake.

In addition to being nice to look at he is also smart and seems like a nice caring guy. Which makes him even more attractive. 

With regards to Sunny I think she is planning her career beyond the View and is trying to (to quote former executive producer Bill Geddie) make sparks.  I won't be surprised if she leaves after this season.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Sunny actually seems like she is ready to start a fight before she even gets to the table. 

Again, today she said they talked about something "backstage". I know they plan out the topics, but they are more scripted since being remote for so long. Sara is still scripted. 

I think Sunny would rather be right than happy.

the constant "we were talking this morning" "we were talking backstage" is almost as annoying as the name dropping sunny does. she's not as bad as Meghan when it comes to "I am actually friends with" ... sunny anyone with your job and your career knows a lot of famous people and it's almost never actually relevant to the topic. and people really need to stop using friends as a synonym for acquaintance....

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Crazy girls are sad to be the best in bed.

Lol, well ok. But he married her, so that's different. I guess I shouldn't judge, but she's so damn vile it is absolutely bizarre to me.

Look I get it, young and dumb makes huge mistake when it comes to love but she was and is always so gross. I remember watching her on  court tv  back in the day. So while I think GN is lovely, I will alays have that little question about him ,right or wrong . Sorry .

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Lol, well ok. But he married her, so that's different. I guess I shouldn't judge, but she's so damn vile it is absolutely bizarre to me.

Look I get it, young and dumb makes huge mistake when it comes to love but she was and is always so gross. I remember watching her on  court tv  back in the day. So while I think GN is lovely, I will alays have that little question about him ,right or wrong . Sorry .

I was kind of kidding, but I know. KG is not my favorite either. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, jPLUS said:

I wonder if Sunny was like this all along and we were blind to the pontifications because she regularly put Meghan in her place. Now that Meghan is gone and the discussions are more leveled and nuanced, Sunny is exposing herself to be the unreasonable person in the panel. 

I don't think Sunny's attitude has anything to do with Meghan. It seemed like they were pals with Meghan going to her for newborn questions.

She wasn't this way when Meghan was off or out on maternity leave.  Sunny appears to get worse everyday.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 4

I think part of Sunny’s attitude may stem from 1). Making less than some of the others, 2).  being told that if the show had to chose between her or Meghan, they’d choose Meghan, and, 3). the on air false COVID fiasco. I think, at this point, she’s a disgruntled employee.  I agree with the comment above that this will be her last season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I think part of Sunny’s attitude may stem from 1). Making less than some of the others, 2).  being told that if the show had to chose between her or Meghan, they’d choose Meghan, and, 3). the on air false COVID fiasco. I think, at this point, she’s a disgruntled employee.  I agree with the comment above that this will be her last season.

let's hope she exits more gracefully than the last lawyer....

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Whoopi prefers more docile personalities on the show like Sara, Sherri (at least her early years), and Nicolle Wallace. Who make it a point to worship her or fangirl if they ever decide to disagree. Rosie then Paula and now Sunny like to speak and speak often authoritatively but usually with facts and not feelings like Whoopi. She feels challenged. Joy has in my opinion given up and accepted Whoopis dominance while Sunny still sticks to her point and doesn't concede to Whoopi at the first sign of the wagging finger. Rosie also did that. Whoopis burning hatred for Paula was the strangest tbh. this situation is entirely personality based and nothing to do with politics.

The fangirl thing is true, but I think it's more than that, personally. I think it's more a case of power-tripping. When Rosie O'Donnell left midway through her return season, Whoopi had a hand in picking duds like Candace, Michelle, and Raven. The show was going down the tubes fast and TPTB begged Joy back. Joy revived the show and had a hand in bringing on people like Sunny and Jedidiah to course correct the show while all the Whoopettes got shown the door one by one. That's why Whoopi helped to replace Jedidiah with McCain and why she hates Sunny, imo. It's a sign of Joy having more power than her in her mind. Paula is a bit of a different case; Joy was friendly with Paula which could have exacerbated Whoopi's hatred, but Paula was a threat because ABC was thinking of nixing The View for a GMA takeover at the time.

That's why I know I won't be watching after Joy inevitably retires even if I liked everyone else on the show because once Whoopi has full control, the show will turn into a dumpster fire again. If I was Sunny, I wouldn't expect to be on this show too long after Joy leaves.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

Yeah, ditto GMA3.  He's definitely making the rounds.  Who was his ex-wife?

7 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Yeah, ditto GMA3.  He's definitely making the rounds.  Who was his ex-wife?

Kimberly Guilfoyle, then known as Kimberly Guilfoyle Newsom, and now known as Donald Trump Jr's girlfriend.

I like Gavin, but the scuttlebutt around that time was that he had an affair with his campaign manager's wife, which caused the marriage to break up. It was short, only four or five years, in the early 2000s.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

the constant "we were talking this morning" "we were talking backstage" is almost as annoying as the name dropping sunny does. she's not as bad as Meghan when it comes to "I am actually friends with" ... sunny anyone with your job and your career knows a lot of famous people and it's almost never actually relevant to the topic. and people really need to stop using friends as a synonym for acquaintance....

The pre-show prep is often brought up here, and I have a different take. I'm pretty sure the back stage discussion is part of the job, because it helps each of them be more concise when they make their points on air. And Sunny refers to it a lot because she doesn't want to pretend they haven't already talked.

• Love 12

I agree. Of course they have a morning meeting to discuss the day’s topics. To pretend the conversation is off the cuff would be dishonest. I don’t mind anyone mentioning that a particular point came up at the meeting. 

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Axie said:

Sara, I think teachers have their hands full and don’t have time to try to rehabilitate one delinquent at a time.

Really. Schools don’t have the resources or funding to hire a babysitter.

Is there anyone on the planet cuter than Michael B Jordan?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, Cozytea said:

From what I've read she was apparently very different back then--more liberal and nicer.  They married in 2001, so 20 years ago, and separated in 2005.  At the time she had been a prosecutor and appeared on CNN and MSNBC.  It was after that that she went to Fox.  I don't think she was quite the person we see today when they married.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Whoopi and Ana both said things I agreed with in the Hillary discussion, but Joy was probably the one I most identified with on that one. Like she said, men in the system like Comey were willing to break every rule to stop a woman from being elected and there's really no getting over that, it's an ever-present stain on this country. Ana was right that whatever woman finally gets up there will be standing on Hillary's shoulders, but I'm not as hopeful as she is that there will be a woman president any time soon.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Gravity Check said:

Kimberly Guilfoyle, then known as Kimberly Guilfoyle Newsom, and now known as Donald Trump Jr's girlfriend.

I like Gavin, but the scuttlebutt around that time was that he had an affair with his campaign manager's wife, which caused the marriage to break up. It was short, only four or five years, in the early 2000s.

eww ick

• Love 3