Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Episode 4

Cranberry
  • Start Topic

In order to protect the next person on the kill list, Rose and Baxter attempt to outwit the Ragdoll Killer with an unorthodox plan. Edmund's past catches up with her as she investigates Rose and his unusual behavior. The team finally get their first tangible lead on the Ragdoll killer.

Original air date: December 2, 2021

Is anyone but me watching this show? I think it's saying some interesting things about cops and accountability; it's not glorifying breaking the rules like so many cop shows have before it. Rose and Baxter deceived their team and a guy lost his life because of it. Because of "optics," Baxter won't be punished even though she knows she should be. Rose is still endangering everyone by withholding the fact that he incited this entire thing. It's interesting stuff.

I always like it when the audience knows a killer's identity and gets to watch how he stays one step ahead of the investigators. I'm glad he befriended the dog instead of killing him; it was a good move to hide a bug in his fur. This guy really is smart, but clearly not infallible -- he should have remembered that train stations make announcements!

I liked seeing one of Edmund's exes (and I find it interesting that Edmund is embarrassed of being a cop to the point she'll lie about it), but I wonder why we're being told that when she can't control a situation she makes "extreme decisions" and shown a scene from her past where she is driving erratically with a girl in her trunk(!). Is she going to fuck this whole thing up? I'm invested now, anyway. I want to see what happens to her and to Baxter and Rose.

• Love 2