Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Parents Weekend

• Start Topic

This was fun.  Awkward as hell, but fun.  The parents made everything so much more funner.

Bela's dad is my favorite.   Leighton's dad is the worst.

I feel so bad for Kimberly.  It is no fun to be the poorest person amongst a group of more affluent people.  Luckily my friend group and I were all in the same financial bracket in school, but I went to Syracuse and a LOT of the student body was super affluent.  Parent's weekends were bumper to bumper  jags and mercedes and people's moms wearing actual real fur coats and honkin' ginormous diamonds.  It was the first time I saw real, actual wealth up close and not just on tv via Dynasty and Dallas.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 1

I enjoyed this episode and I love that there was no assistant soccer coach - although I have a better understanding of Whitney's relationship with him; she clearly has daddy issues. 

Also, while I understand that Kimberly is not as well off as the other three (apparently); she isn't poor. And I hate that the show was making it seem as though she was. I would imagine that her family is probably solidly middle class; she lives in a relatively low cost or average cost city/state and her dad was a manager at a major pharmacy chain.  

On 12/2/2021 at 11:22 PM, ShellsandCheese said:

I enjoyed this episode and I love that there was no assistant soccer coach - although I have a better understanding of Whitney's relationship with him; she clearly has daddy issues. 

Also, while I understand that Kimberly is not as well off as the other three (apparently); she isn't poor. And I hate that the show was making it seem as though she was. I would imagine that her family is probably solidly middle class; she lives in a relatively low cost or average cost city/state and her dad was a manager at a major pharmacy chain.  

I’d also guess that the other three families are at different levels. Leighton’s people are supposed to be Gossip-Girl rich. Senators make low six figures, which in Seattle (I think that’s where Whitney is from?) isn’t much (though a lot of senators are wealthy independent of their wages). Her dad is a musician, but it’s not clear how successful he is. I’m not sure what Bella’s parents do.

Loved Whitney’s mom dragging Leighton’s dad on the spot in front of the group. He was being really rude.