Type keyword(s) to search

The Human Beings Known as the Arnold-Klein Family

• Start Topic

On 3/3/2018 at 9:08 AM, Snow8585 said:

Good points. I just thought it seemed theoritically a good idea.

Bill and Jen took BOTH kids to Scotland and London. Those kids have travelled more than many adults ever will. Of course TLC PAID for it though.

Good question. Still some lawsuits going on. Bill and Jen's suing LMNO is coming up in June.

And don't forget, Will went with Bill & Jen to India when they took custody of Zoey.

If I were looking to buy, and interested in that house, I would just keep waiting, since they seem to drop the price about every 10 days. That might be part of the problem too. Interested buyers might be thinking they'll just wait to see how low it goes. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

I was on Zillow today.  Seems like the Houston house has a sale pending.

Finally. What a mistake that house was. Based on posts on this board, it seems that the house in Florida is going to be the same situation. They really need to become smarter when it comes to being real estate buyers.

• Love 1

I’m not sure when the new season starts, but TLC’s been airing old eps in the very early AM hours (like at least 5-7AM Eastern) lately.

Today’s were from 2016 & were about Halloween when Will was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle & Zoey was Minnie Mouse, & she had to go to the pediatrician & get a checkup & 4 vaccinations, & she got a crush on her doctor, or so Bill thought. Then they kept trying to take more candy than they were supposed to during Trick-Or-Treating. Then they went to New Orleans with nainai & grandbaba because Jen had a speaking engagement & they saw the sights, ate beignets at Café Du Monde; Bill & Jen revisited a psychic they apparently had visited some years earlier; & Will, Zoey, & their grandparents met 1 of the people responsible, somehow, with Bill & Jen eventually getting to adopt Will. The other episode was about the kids’ lemonade stand at nainai’s house while (I think) they were having a yard/garage sale of their stuff because the grandparents were moving back to Florida.

I keep hearing commercials for their new season where Bill says Will’s been asking about China. So it looks like (among other things), whenever the new eps start, the family’s taking a trip to China.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To fix spacing.

Today Dr. Jen was on our local news. They have finished the Simulation and Research Building at Johns Hopkins All Childrens Hospital. It really looks state-of-the-art. For the two years it took to build it, the construction workers would stop work each Friday and dance for the children at the hospital while they watched out the windows. Today was their last dance. It brought tears to my eyes.

Edited by ehall1052
Typing wrong
  • Love 12

Absolutley love how jen and bill spend so much time with thier children.parenting isnt easy and you dont find a family much like this anymorr.bill is my ideal husband.only problem kids are a little spoiled.but who cares they have manners.

• Love 1
On 9/20/2018 at 3:47 PM, ehall1052 said:

Today Dr. Jen was on our local news. They have finished the Simulation and Research Building at Johns Hopkins All Childrens Hospital. It really looks state-of-the-art. For the two years it took to build it, the construction workers would stop work each Friday and dance for the children at the hospital while they watched out the windows. Today was their last dance. It brought tears to my eyes.

Photos of Jen at the opening of the Simulation and Research Building. Wow, this was a huge event.

• Love 5

Jen posted this cute (IMO) pic of Will & Zoey. The caption says they were getting ready to see the Mouse (as in Mickey at Walt Disney World, I assume). It makes sense since they’re Floridians now (so it shouldn’t be that bad of a trip now) & the kids probably don’t have to be in school tomorrow (or maybe they weren’t in school Friday) because of Veterans Day.

• Love 1

Someone criticized them on Facebook and the backlash was ugly.  I find it hard to believe that people worship them!  Personally, I didn't think the pic was cute.   Had to chuckle wondering which outraged Facebook person was Bill protecting his paycheck.

• Love 5

I've never understood the Klein worship. I think they are pretty middle of the road people.

A few examples - They offer their children a warm, loving home, but they have no idea how to discipline them properly. They are very benevolent as far as charity goes, yet very greedy as far as sacrificing a lot to do the show, including their childrens' privacy. They are very nice to people, yet show real insecurities and a need to brag and crave affirmation from others.

Just like all people, I think that they are a mixed bag. They have some admirable qualities and other qualities that are a real turn off.

I don't see them do anything that warrants worship.

• Love 15

What's wrong with the picture? It looks pretty innocent to me.

Libby, I agree with your assessment. Bill and Jen are just like the rest of us: some good qualities, some less desirable qualities. I respect what they've overcome to create a nice life for themselves, but the hero worship on Facebook is a bit scary.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Libby, I agree with your assessment. Bill and Jen are just like the rest of us: some good qualities, some less desirable qualities. I respect what they've overcome to create a nice life for themselves, but the hero worship on Facebook is a bit scary.

Picture looks ok to me too..they're just being silly.

Screenshot_20181112-004242.jpg

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Libby said:

I've never understood the Klein worship. I think they are pretty middle of the road people.

A few examples - They offer their children a warm, loving home, but they have no idea how to discipline them properly. They are very benevolent as far as charity goes, yet very greedy as far as sacrificing a lot to do the show, including their childrens' privacy. They are very nice to people, yet show real insecurities and a need to brag and crave affirmation from others.

Just like all people, I think that they are a mixed bag. They have some admirable qualities and other qualities that are a real turn off.

I don't see them do anything that warrants worship.

I'm generally uncomfortable with worshipping anyone, but I'm nearly done reading their book and had just no idea how much they've been through.  I didn't realize that their rarer type of dwarfism has meant that they've needed more surgery and have had more complications than some of the other Little People featured on TLC's shows.  They've really overcome some difficult medical and physical obstacles aside from the actual short stature (I think that explains a good bit of why they've tried to make their home more accommodating to their physical needs when some of the other Little People haven't).  I don't know who else has read the book, but there's a heartbreaking picture in it of Bill as a toddler and his poor little leg is so obviously crooked.  While I wouldn't worship them, there's definitely a lot to respect about their perseverence and hard work.

• Love 12
On 11/11/2018 at 9:28 PM, BitterApple said:

I don't follow them on Facebook. If they're idolized, that's extreme. On the other hand, I don't see them as being just like the rest of us in the sense their stories of great accomplishment (especially Jen) in the face of serious disabilities are extraordinary. 

• Love 7

Will is 8 1/2 now right?  This fits with what a woman on another forum posted a year or more ago.  Take it with the caveat of all things said on the internet.  Who knows if it's fact or not.  But her claim was that Will was the same age as her kid, but two grades below him in school.  That is kindergarten work for the middle to upper groups where grandson goes to school or early first for the kids in the bottom group.  I'm not saying it's bad because it's proof Will is learning reading and writing and that's always good news for a kid.  It's more a point of reference for Will's actual achievement level. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Will is 8 1/2 now right?  This fits with what a woman on another forum posted a year or more ago.  Take it with the caveat of all things said on the internet.  Who knows if it's fact or not.  But her claim was that Will was the same age as her kid, but two grades below him in school.  That is kindergarten work for the middle to upper groups where grandson goes to school or early first for the kids in the bottom group.  I'm not saying it's bad because it's proof Will is learning reading and writing and that's always good news for a kid.  It's more a point of reference for Will's actual achievement level. 

Looking at Will's writing, I'm inclined to believe her. Like you said, it's not a negative commentary on the kid himself, but a pretty accurate indication of just how badly he's delayed. I wonder if Bill and Jen were aware of this prior to the adoption. 

I love when Zoe has bangs. I think they highlight her beautiful eyes.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if Bill and Jen were aware of this prior to the adoption. 

I think with Jen being a pediatrician, they had to be aware of the possibility.  I know it's easy to have the brain knowledge of something and still think love and proper care can overcome a bad beginning though.  I remember how worried Jen was about Zoey and her being malnourished and how that drove Jen to push everything as fast as possible to get Zoey home.  They may not have known just how serious the affect had been on Will until they had him with them.

• Love 1

I just watched "The Golden Son" from 2013, which showed the Kleins first seeing Will's picture and starting their adoption process. I forgot that Will's original name was "Ben" and I have to say, he 'looks' like a Ben. Does anyone know why they changed it, or is it still part of his name (middle name, perhaps)? I have to add that Bill and Jen look so cute together (in their excitement at becoming parents).

Edited by Chalby

Your are correct @Sew Sumi, it’s a Klein family tradition to name the first son William, but his Chinese name is his middle name. Very common in the IA community, as long as the parents have done their due diligence to learn the actual meaning of the Chinese name. There have been some unfortunate situations where the name was an insult.

Kids on special needs waiting lists are given “names” to protect their anonymity. Their files are usually viewed by quite a few couples. Unless I missed something that is not the name they are called at the orphanage or foster home. Again, I could be way of base here. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I just watched "The Golden Son" from 2013, which showed the Kleins first seeing Will's picture and starting their adoption process. I forgot that Will's original name was "Ben" and I have to say, he 'looks' like a Ben. Does anyone know why they changed it, or is it still part of his name (middle name, perhaps)? I have to add that Bill and Jen look so cute together (in their excitement at becoming parents).

Will’s middle name is his Chinese first name, Rijin (Rye-gin); Zoey’s middle name is her Indian first name, Nidhi (rhymes with “Diddy”, as in “P. Diddy”). As I remember, Will had another first name at another placement agency. I think it was Jedediah, or something like that.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Looking at Will's writing, I'm inclined to believe her. Like you said, it's not a negative commentary on the kid himself, but a pretty accurate indication of just how badly he's delayed. I wonder if Bill and Jen were aware of this prior to the adoption. 

I love when Zoe has bangs. I think they highlight her beautiful 

I agree that Will is definitely delayed. However, in the years that Bill and Jen have had him, he has absolutely advanced. When he came to them at 3, he couldn't speak either English or Chinese, wasn't potty trained, and sucked his thumb. All three of those issues finally seem to be resolved. I'm sure that these accomplishments required a great deal of effort of both Will and of his parents.

He is writing, maybe not like an average 8 1/2 year old, but it is writing.

He does progress slower than other children, but he does progress. Thank goodness.

Will and his parents just have to keep plugging away at this problem. I'm sure that they will.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Libby said:

I'm sure that these accomplishments required a great deal of effort of both Will and of his parents.

He is writing, maybe not like an average 8 1/2 year old, but it is writing.

He does progress slower than other children, but he does progress. Thank goodness.

Will and his parents just have to keep plugging away at this problem. I'm sure that they will.

You have no idea how difficult it is to catch up for a three year old with muiltiple issues. SBaby was 16 months old and it broke my heart when I gave her a musical Baby Einstein rattle. I placed it in her hand, nothing, I wrapped her little fingers around it and shook it. I let her hand go and her wrist went limp. Couldn’t hold a rattle 😢. We went on immediate let’s get this child properly stimulated mode. Tummy time, singing, reading to her. She did not qualify for Early Intervention Services a month later when we had our appointment. We were a bit shocked. So we worked our butts off and paid for professional guidance. I’m incredibly proud of Will and how far he has progressed. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 19

I'm not going to try to diagnose Will's learning ability or dis-ability from one picture on the Internet. But in the photo, he had written not on a flat piece of paper, but on a paper on the wall. It's not easy for an adult to write legibly, let alone a child. Note that he spelled every word correctly, except for one - "doges." And he remembered to dot his i's. I've seen much, much worse in 3rd graders. 

I'd be interested to see if he has trouble with math, or if it's just language arts. Some kids are better in one, and some in others.  

I have always been impressed with his curiosity, his interest in how things work, and his endless questions, "why?" I think that's a far more important measure of his abilities than his handwriting and spelling.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, CousinAmy said:

I'm not going to try to diagnose Will's learning ability or dis-ability from one picture on the Internet. But in the photo, he had written not on a flat piece of paper, but on a paper on the wall. It's not easy for an adult to write legibly, let alone a child. Note that he spelled every word correctly, except for one - "doges." And he remembered to dot his i's. I've seen much, much worse in 3rd graders. 

I'd be interested to see if he has trouble with math, or if it's just language arts. Some kids are better in one, and some in others.  

I have always been impressed with his curiosity, his interest in how things work, and his endless questions, "why?" I think that's a far more important measure of his abilities than his handwriting and spelling.

Not to mention that some people have crappy handwriting, even as adults.  My husband is one of them!  

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Not to mention that some people have crappy handwriting, even as adults.  My husband is one of them!  

I have the handwriting of a serial killer.😆😆.  But  I promise you won't see me on ID TV.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

Try being a nurse and having to decipher orders that a Dr has written. Also when they do RXs. They all seem to take pride in their sloppy penmanship (or alien code lol). 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, CousinAmy said:

I've seen worse from High Schoolers! 

• Love 3
On 11/20/2018 at 2:57 PM, BW Manilowe said:

Will’s middle name is his Chinese first name, Rijin (Rye-gin); Zoey’s middle name is her Indian first name, Nidhi (rhymes with “Diddy”, as in “P. Diddy”). As I remember, Will had another first name at another placement agency. I think it was Jedediah, or something like that.

Thank you for the info. I do know that Will was referred to as "Ben" during the adoption discussions and up to their trip to China, but I missed all the other names.

I love watching these children grow!  They are happy, smart and we'll adjusted to change!  I think Bill and Jen have been really special parents.  Zoey has such a love for her daddy.  Will just loves his sister.

I notice Bill speaks to and of Jen in a much kinder tone this season.  Makes him most likable.

• Love 7