Type keyword(s) to search

The Human Beings Known as the Arnold-Klein Family

• Start Topic

Yes, I'm looking forward to the story of the move!  If Jen says someone else will be living there maybe they'll rent it out/keep it as an income producing property. Was home today and watching some reruns. The surrogacy and then Will's adoption. Knowing that her cancer was yet to be diagnosed. And that she beat it! So nice.

• Love 2

Bill & Jen did a Public Service Announcement in regards to people making relief/recovery donations to the Houston area in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. It's here on Jen's Facebook page. And you'll notice Bill isn't very natural at reading from cue cards/a TelePrompTer (yes, that's how you spell at least the brand name version of it), which I assume they were doing (or they at least had the major points they wanted to hit/names of organizations they wanted to encourage donations to on some kind of cue card so they wouldn't forget something). Every so often he takes a kinda long pause when he's naming off different organizations to donate to, as if he's waiting for someone to move the next cue card into position so he can continue talking.

10 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

From the tease Will is more articulate with better pronunciation.

Think it is cute the kids were in Kate's wedding...any more info or family pictures of the wedding?

I didn't know she had gotten married or that the kids were in the wedding.  How cute!

• Love 2

I agree, Jelly. It's nice to see how he's progressed with his speech. I'm anxious to see how Zoey is doing as well. I'm watching a rerun right now and the kids are so dang cute! I just love this family and am so happy that they're back.

• Love 3

They've been running promos, during today's repeats, for the part added to the season premiere where Bill & his brothers go to Houston to help with relief efforts from Hurricane Harvey. At 1 point, Will asks Bill if he's going to save anyone while he's gone (which I thought was a real "awww" moment); Bill tells Will he's gonna save anyone who needs saving.

• Love 5

Next Tuesday is a 10am-10pm marathon.

The 6-8pm show about the coming season will not be repeated later that evening but probably will later on in the year.

Then 8-10pm is the the first show of the season.

4 hour block of new for the fans.

About time, TLC...just settle the lawsuit and let us have our Will and Zoey updates.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Next Tuesday is a 10am-10pm marathon.

The 6-8pm show about the coming season will not be repeated later that evening but probably will later on in the year.

Then 8-10pm is the the first show of the season.

4 hour block of new for the fans.

About time, TLC...just settle the lawsuit and let us have our Will and Zoey updates.

Thank you for the update!  Now nobody bother me Tuesday night, it's my happy time.  :-)

• Love 7

Strange that the renovated part of the kitchen is done in completely different wood and countertops. It looks like it dropped in from a completely different (older, uglier) house. I also don't love that one bathroom done in the same ugly espresso/gold. Totally out of place without Jen's "beach" theme. What is that second kitchen? Is it in a game room or some kind of guest quarters?

18 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Strange that the renovated part of the kitchen is done in completely different wood and countertops. It looks like it dropped in from a completely different (older, uglier) house. I also don't love that one bathroom done in the same ugly espresso/gold. Totally out of place without Jen's "beach" theme. What is that second kitchen? Is it in a game room or some kind of guest quarters?

That's probably the little apartment they built for her mom or the nanny. I think the listing should say "guest quarters" but it only says "Quarters".

The reno design was probably suggested by a realtor to take make it more widely appealing. A beach type house doesn't fit their neighborhood. (I love beach style myself.)

Zillow has comps right on that page if you want to compare prices, Pickles.

1 hour ago, officediva said:

This may be unpopular, but does anyone else feel the two kids are quite bratty? Seems like they do not listen to their parents and Will and Jen do not discipline. Could be because they are being filmed.

It does seem to be an unpopular subject (see my post above). I can't call them bratty because they don't hit or talk back or seem disrespectful or defiant (at least on camera). I do agree that they don't listen to their parents or do what they're told. They are quite adorable, though.

• Love 2

I don't think they're especially bratty, any more so than any other kids.  Do they have moments of brattiness?  Yes!  But overall I actually think they're pretty well behaved at least from what they've shown us on tv.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Latenites said:

It does seem to be an unpopular subject (see my post above). I can't call them bratty because they don't hit or talk back or seem disrespectful or defiant (at least on camera). I do agree that they don't listen to their parents or do what they're told. They are quite adorable, though.

Will did hit his mother on camera a few times.

• Love 2

I don't think they're especially bratty, any more so than any other kids.  Do they have moments of brattiness?  Yes!  But overall I actually think they're pretty well behaved at least from what they've shown us on tv.

I also think brattiness is sometimes mood dependant for me. Sometimes I watch the 7 Little Johnstons and even though those kids are actually pretty polite and respectful and generally nice kids, they just rub me wrong and I am all "brats..." under breath. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Pickles said:

Beautiful home! Does anyone know if the homes around them are equally expensive or is their house the most expensive in the neighborhood?

It is the most expensive house on their street but not in the neighborhood. 

• Love 1
On 9/15/2017 at 10:02 AM, Pickles said:

Beautiful home! Does anyone know if the homes around them are equally expensive or is their house the most expensive in the neighborhood?

I actually live nearby (about 15-20 minutes away in a MUCH cheaper area) for the most part the homes in that neighborhood are comparable to theirs. Their house is definitely on the higher end but when you drive through the neighborhood it doesn't feel completely out of place (although the color does make it stand out and it isn't my taste but to each their own) I haven't looked at actual prices I'm just going by visually looking at the houses, so I have no idea about the insides.  Fun fact... when I was growing up there was a lot of controversy surrounding that neighborhood because it was all one story smaller/ranch style houses, until people started buying up the lots and tearing the houses down and building these huge mansion type houses, the 80's- early 90's were really awkward in that neighborhood because it would be small house, small house, small house, HUGE HOUSE, small house. My great grandmother lived nearby and that happened with her house, I know her house was bought and torn down, I've never gone back to see what was built.

I was happy to see they remodeled to a normal height, I read somewhere (I think it was a local real estate article) that they considered selling as is and a allowance to fix the customizations, but most people want to be move in ready when they buy, so I think it was wise to remodel before putting it on the market. Also with the recent flooding it faired well, the article I read also said that when it was built it was raised (I think 6 in) coupled with the lot being on an incline it had no issues in an area where water was at some first floors. 

• Love 5

I am sure they knew when they built their house they would have to remove customizations if they sold their house.  I wouldn't be surprised if they put customizations in their Florida home.  I would if it was my home.  I am not sure but I think...accomodations like these are tax deductible in some form or fashion.

• Love 3

Why am I remembering the house being green?  I know she had trouble deciding, but I just don't remember the dark blue. I love a beach theme. My house is beachy colors, although I just live on a small lake. 

Edited by HooHooHoo
I am tired and not being very clear.
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, HooHooHoo said:

Why am I remembering the house being green?  I know she had trouble deciding, but I just don't remember the dark blue. I love a beach theme. My house is beachy colors, although I just live on a small lake. 

It was a sea foam green when they first painted it but somewhere along the way it became blue. I wanna say there was an episode about the original color where Bill disliked it but Jennifer insisted. 

• Love 2

Just curious, do people buy houses that expensive and it is obviously a family style home, where public schools are not highly rated? Where ever I have lived, east, southwest and west , homes demand high prices in the best school districts. Or are there a lot of private or religious school options families in this area of Houston use? 

I think the darker blue color better then the sea foam green. I agree they had to do the renovations to average height needs. In a neighbor of tear down and building new, at over a million dollars, the appeal has to be move in ready or why not jury tear down an older home and build a dream home if you have to redo this home. 

I curious to you see the kids but am kind of glad they had a break from filming. I do wonder if they are more settle down into normal life or still having lavish birthdays and celebrations. Ive always wondered, Jen must see a lot of struggling families in the NICU , yet she spent so much on her kids. I totally understand spoiling a newly adopted kid but I hope we will see a taper off. 

On September 18, 2017 at 1:14 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

It was a sea foam green when they first painted it but somewhere along the way it became blue. I wanna say there was an episode about the original color where Bill disliked it but Jennifer insisted. 

I like the blue much better.  The light green might work better for a beachfront home.

• Love 2

That house is really something...A bit over the top but perhaps they need all that room for one reason or the other.  I grew up in a house on the water and i have many happy memories of walking out the back door down the lawn and into the lake.  So hopefully the kids will have that same enjoyment. 

• Love 3

Between Jen's job, Bill's businesses and the money from TLC, they must be bringing in a crap load of money.   The house is beautiful, but I agree - it's a bit over the top and they still have a mortgage I assume on the house in Houston.  I'm not knocking them, they obviously worked for it.  

Edited by MissT
  • Love 1