Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E07: Are You Fur Real?

• Start Topic

People keep mentioning other dresses so I thought I'd post some pics.  I'll reiterate though, I still REALLY loved Prajje and Chasity's outfit.  Sometimes things feel too derivative for me and sometimes they don't, and this time it didn't.  I never know how to get good pics from the current season.

Kini's umbrella dress:

picture2life_36847_original.jpeg

kini1.jpeg

pr14-ep11-kd.jpeg

image.jpeg

NUP_194203_00015-e1638513699967.jpeg

abbc251b-788b-4d88-9964-7c00c00ba291.png

4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Whispers: *I loved the pink quilting.*

I liked it too.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I'm interested in the contestant's background stories about their struggles for one, maybe 2 episodes. At this point, very much not interested in hearing it again, especially when the judges jump into the victim contest, too. 

I'm mostly watching for Christian at this point.

Exactly - we know that the designers' pasts inform their designs - we're now familiar with everyone's story - we  don't have to hear it every single episode.

And I too love Christian - I would have stopped watching except that his eyeroll as he's walking away from a designer makes me laugh every time.

Edited by anniebird
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

Why does avant-garde mean VOLUME for PR contestants? 

I look at the stuff Iris van Herpen, Issy Miyake, Rick Owens  doing and some of those looks from Tokyo fashion week and thing, “that’s avant-garde.” PR is just throwing 400 yards of material at their models and calling it fashion. 

Mimi saved that penis of an outfit. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, anniebird said:

And I too love Christian - I would have stopped watching except that his eyeroll as he's walking away from a designer makes me laugh every time.

I absolutely love him too.  No complaints from me.  Okay wait, he helps wayyyyyy too much sometimes and it makes me wonder if he's doing it with certain people and not others.

• Love 11
Just now, Ms Blue Jay said:

I absolutely love him too.  No complaints from me.  Okay wait, he helps wayyyyyy too much sometimes and it makes me wonder if he's doing it with certain people and not others.

I think he offers suggestions to everyone, but only certain people are receptive. If he knows someone isn’t going to be receptive, he backs off, sometimes with a bit of snark. It’s a difficult balance to offering guidance without making someone lose their confidence and creative vision (which is what happened to Katie every time anyone made any suggestion to her.)

We are seeing 20 minutes of three to four hours Christian spends with them.

• Love 11

Yes, Aaron was a total jerk and not a team player. Bones was incredibly gracious. I do think the editing monkeys might have had some fun with Aaron. No doubt he was wrong from beginning to end, but I always saw them working together talking in the background several times. Did we miss an apology? (Not the half assed one). I hope so. It seems out of character for Aaron. He hasn't trashed any designers in talking heads. I'm just so disappointed in his behavior. Sigh.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

And I'm tired of the macrame stuff showing up in all of (can't even remember her name's) work

Oh but Nina was GUSHING over the macrame, as she KNEW it was whatever-her-name's work! I think to myself, girl, don't you have any OTHER ideas?

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

And finally, Mimi is the best model I've ever seen walk.

Getting Mimi for your model is practically an automatic win, or at least top.  She's amazing. that little walk she did to prove she could walk in that dress?  Chef's kiss.

• Love 12

I found it a bit inappropriate how much direction Christian gave to the two top teams.  He not only redesigned the red outfit (cage, sleeves, etc.) but had significant input into the winning look (carry the fur down, incorporate it more).  I really enjoy Christian and his eye rolls, snark, and comments and think he is right when he provides direction to the designers, but shouldn't the designs be, you know, the designers' designs and not his designs?  He really saved a couple of teams and it is true that those who don't listen to him may find themselves in trouble.  

I've written a variation of this next comment for the past few years, but I think avant garde doesn't mean what the judges think it means.  Where would she wear it?  This look is the most commercial, etc.  No, that's not the idea.  If they want commercial and wearability, have the designers also create a commercial version of the design.  

Although I don't really care for Bones' designs, I did like his responses to Aaron's dismissive attitude and comments.  

I am so glad that everyone was okay after the accident-I was scared for them all just watching it let alone being in it.

• Love 16

Didn't LOVE any of the looks but I liked the patchwork fur coat/quilted dress and the winning look was ok. They both felt avant garde to me, the other looks didn't. 

The patchwork coat reminded me of a popular bomber-style jacket I saw a lot in the 80s. It was real fur, likely rabbit. They were not expensive. They even made kid versions because a girl in my grade school had one. You also saw them on TV "hookers". So that association for me was strong, and then having the inside be a pink quilted vulvic extravaganza, was amusing. I don't think that was the intent of the design but it made me laugh. Gaba the Hutt indeed! Return of the Jedi was 1983. 

Winning look? Prajje's painted skirt godet things were cool. But as you all have said, the pink dress has been seen before many times on this show. It always looks like a Dyson upright vacuum cleaner to me! And with the rug-like pink fur it felt very Spill in Housewares, Aisle 10. I didn't hate it but I was kind of expecting to see something like it and we did.

Has the Avant Garde challenge ever been a group challenge before? I've watched every season of this darn show but they're not all that memorable. I prefer when this challenge and the unconventional materials challenges are individual. Let me see their creativity! Do the judges really care how they work together? I don't think so. Does it cause drama production can film? Yes. I think collaborations are great in the real world, when you get to choose or when it's a good match. The team challenges on this show usually just end up being a mess.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, GussieK said:

I thought they had her walk slowly and dramatically for effect. 

Yeah, one of them actually said that.  The bend she did made me think of that move where people fall down with one leg straight out and one leg bent.  Or the curtsy debutantes do, where who knows what's going on with their legs under the giant dress.

1 hour ago, Lovecat said:

It didn't fall, the driver hit it when he took a corner too tightly.  Someone upstream wondered why the scaffolding extended into the street, which is a good question.  It may have been that kind that extends out from the building to create a walkway underneath so the sidewalk doesn't need to be closed while construction goes on overhead.  Very common in NYC,

I'm positive that's what happened.  The "roof" for the sidewalk goes right to the edge of the street, and if you cut a corner with a tall vehicle, well, we saw what happens.

5 minutes ago, Refresh said:

and then having the inside be a pink quilted vulvic extravaganza, was amusing.

An adjective version of "vulva."  Now that's avant garde!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Mimi saved that penis of an outfit. 

As she did when Anna made a version of it in orange for an earlier challenge.

With everyone else grabbing the animal print faux fur, it was great that Chasity went straight for hot pink.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Thank you! How could I forget? That look is still so chic. RIP Chris March. Looking at pics from that challenge, they also had to do an everyday look inspired by their Avant Garde look. If they had more time, that could've been cool this season. 

http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2008/02/project-runway-in-elle-magazine.html

27 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

An adjective version of "vulva."  Now that's avant garde!

😊 Blushing! I try my best!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Okay, Aaron was an ass during this episode, particularly the way he interacted with Bones, but....we're several challenges into this season now and his work has mostly been relegated to the middle and when rated high has lost to several inferior designs.  He has presented well designed and well crafted looks pretty much each week.  No tongue baths for him though.  I'm guessing his behavior was being influenced by a certain amount of frustration.  Not saying he was right, just that between the stress of competition and a continuing losing streak despite sending out quality could have pushed him in a corner he should have crawled out of before acting out.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

Oh but Nina was GUSHING over the macrame, as she KNEW it was whatever-her-name's work! I think to myself, girl, don't you have any OTHER ideas?

It was Elaine who exclaimed that she could tell it was Coral and Zayden's look because of the macrame and plastic belt buckle. Christian has really encouraged Coral to add her macrame in the last two challenges.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Why does avant-garde mean VOLUME for PR contestants? 

I look at the stuff Iris van Herpen, Issy Miyake, Rick Owens  doing and some of those looks from Tokyo fashion week and thing, “that’s avant-garde.” PR is just throwing 400 yards of material at their models and calling it fashion. 

Every season recently the judges and contestants have needed to be plunked in front of a documentary about the meaning of avant garde before the episode.

Do you think Octavio looks in the mirror and thinks his scarlet Hitler moustache, bald head, and silly hat look attractive?

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

When I saw the preview clips for this episode, I thought it was going to be an unconventional challenge from the dollar store and Prajje and Chasity got toilet seat covers and Octavio and Anna got Hefty bags and leopard-print muumuus. The guest judge who thought O and A's looked like Flintstones realness was spot on. 

Not a big Bones fan, but he was in the right about his argument with Aaron. I'm also not a fan of people who call out bad language when other people are arguing. They're all adults. People are going to swear in the heat of the moment. If you're that offended by F bombs, maybe you should step away. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

And Bones was right about the stir sticks.  

Which I thought was obvious from the jump, so "not invented here" seemed like part of Aaron's problem. He seemed nice and his designs are nice, if not jaw-dropping, so he'll likely stay in the middle until he's auf'd. Let it be the week before Bones.

OMG, Anna. I figure she either wins (because she deserves to) or sues the production company that hired the driver for $$$. How shook up was she? Anna couldn't sew and was using a staple gun!  Meticulous Anna. Octavio, the one-trick pony, was useless and can go now.

Can I watch outtakes of Christian? With the designers and the judges? All day! 

I like Zayden (enjoyed watching he and his mom) and he was smart enough not to jump on the cage story, remembering where the idea came from, no doubt. Meanwhile, how is macrame fashion?

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Leeds said:

Every season recently the judges and contestants have needed to be plunked in front of a documentary about the meaning of avant garde before the episode.

Per Michael Kors, season 5, "Kenley, avant garde means something we haven't seen before" when she was presenting her own puffer sleave, purple plaid creation.

The only one that made even fleetingly think "Mmm that's different" was the big coat.  Too bad it wasn't paired with a slim dress to contrast the bulk.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I see the Choctaw on Zayden's beautiful face.

I love his face too!

Damn, I hated everything on the runway this time.  I just think the furry stuff was a really bad idea.

And that THING on Elaine's head was annoying me - nearly as much as Prajee's hat.  I swear it gives me a headache.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, GussieK said:

I thought they had her walk slowly and dramatically for effect. 

I’m sure they did, but when Billy Porter asked her to walk more quickly, she said she had to get off the runway first. On the regular floor, she was able to strut with conviction. On the runway, it was back to the slow turtle shuffle, which makes me wonder if they polish it to a high slippery gloss.

11 hours ago, backgroundnoise said:

Bones has shown himself to be a gracious team member who can put his ego aside to work with people and overall nice guy.  Unfortunately, I don't really like his design esthetic.   I have liked Aaron's designs much better, but I can stop hoping he doesn't get overlooked, as I no longer care if he does well on this show.  It continues to amaze me that people who supposedly want a career in fashion go on national TV and show the ugliest side of their personality.

This is also why I think Bones has a better chance of success after the show. Until you reach Christian-levels of success, you HAVE to be able to take direction and collaborate with other people. (And even when you’re in the director’s seat, you need good people skills.) If that’s what Aaron is like to work with, I think he will have a very lonely career.

8 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Not that one would need one to see that he was correct. Aaron being so deliberately obtuse about that was mind boggling. 

But didn’t you hear? Fur is his THING! He works with it ALL THE TIME. He does not need input from clearly inferior people who do not share his level of expertise and have NO IDEA what they’re do- Oh, wait. Never mind.  (Phhht.)

7 hours ago, vibeology said:

I just hope Anna is okay because she looked like she was struggling.

I’m sure she’s fine. They would be too afraid of lawsuits to send her back to work without a very thorough checkup.

7 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Me too!

5 hours ago, chitowngirl said:
5 hours ago, Refresh said:

Has the Avant Garde challenge ever been a group challenge before?

Yes! With Chris March and Christian winning it!

I SO wish that season were available for streaming. I would love to see it again.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20

Sometimes I don’t like the result aesthetically, but I can see where an idea or it’s execution would be considered. But these judges contradict themselves so often. I liked the patchwork gigantic coat as a project (I like to sew and I like to see how stuff is put together; I wish they’d show more of it); I would not wear it but something was interesting to me about it in terms of creation. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I liked the patchwork gigantic coat as a project (I like to sew and I like to see how stuff is put together; I wish they’d show more of it); I would not wear it but something was interesting to me about it in terms of creation. 

I liked the shape of it too.  I think it would have been so much better if the inside had been a different color, though.

• Love 3

Also wish we could have a message free challenge. Not everyone is going to be able to tie their outfit into a message and it’s not fair to have that considered in judging.

THIS. I'm watching for the design elements and how they execute their ideas, and then how the finished project ends up.  Also, I wish that they would call out the designers more on shoddy workmanship.  Staple gun? Really? 

I'm guessing the Aaron/ Bones kerfuffle had been going on for a while and editing showed the worst of it.  Someone remarked how they saw them discussing things in the background while they were filming other contestants.  And I was honestly wondering if the paint sticks would make the outfit "too costume-y".  And I agree with the comment above that Aaron's frustration over prior weeks really boiled over. 

I really liked the winning outfit (specifically Prajje's painted part) but it did look like the toilet rug and toilet seat cover in MeeMaw's guest bathroom. 

I will say it out loud - I really liked the pink quilted dress idea.  It's too bad it was so pink and once the comment was made about it looking like a female private part, I couldn't unsee it. Especially when it was surrounded by FUR.  :0

IMHO, I'm also thinking the accident shook everybody up and the injury was played up by editing.  Perhaps Anna was more freaked out than physically injured and that was why she was spaced out. 

Octavio, please lose the Hefty bag obsession. Your partner almost ended up with the Hefty bag dress and y'all nearly got eliminated with whatever she stapled onto the neckline. 

Okay that clip of Christian and his Flock of Seagulls hairdo was amazing!

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Leeds said:

Do you think Octavio looks in the mirror and thinks his scarlet Hitler moustache, bald head, and silly hat look attractive?

My sister said Octavio looked like Mussolini for the runway.

And his and Anna's was the worst f'ing thing out there.

Why did Elaine both wear the stupid fascinator and have an elaborate intricate hairdo? Both together looked dumb.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, backgroundnoise said:

Bones has shown himself to be a gracious team member who can put his ego aside to work with people and overall nice guy.  Unfortunately, I don't really like his design esthetic.   I have liked Aaron's designs much better, but I can stop hoping he doesn't get overlooked, as I no longer care if he does well on this show.  It continues to amaze me that people who supposedly want a career in fashion go on national TV and show the ugliest side of their personality.

Oh, yeah. Aaron should not only have given a real, heartfelt apology, but he also should have initiated the peace-making, which Bones did and graciously. I have no doubt that Bones wanted to calm the waters partly to get the damn garment made, but he was effective, calm, and, to repeat myself, gracious. Plus he gave Aaron a free lesson I hope Aaron takes to heart about the privilege that let him act the way he did, while Bones can't. I've liked Bones all along, even when I get others' criticisms. He really is an excellent team player and leader. And if wigs make him happy, I like 'em. 

Oh, my gosh, the last time I had a concussion, which was mild, I lost my lifelong addiction to coffee (because that happened, my husband and I mused about else in my brain might have changed, and I pulled an elaborate prank to make him think I stopped loathing and started loving football). But it really did change my brain and you don't mess around with concussions. I'm horrified.         

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
17 hours ago, Leeds said:

What possessed Praaje and Chasity to send an erect penis down the runway?

THANK YOU! That was my first impression. They could have turned that whole top part 45 degrees or so and avoided that crazy look. 

16 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I thought none of these looks were avant garde. Elaine even called one the most wearable, which is a hallmark of what avant garde is not. Billy Porter was Billy Porter so yes, over the top. Mimi walked the hell out of that look, but I thought the judges would at least point out you can clearly see the extra pieces were tacked on. There were very, very visible seams. This would have been a great time for them to feel and examine the garments up close.

It’s unfortunate they didn’t have two days for the challenge, as originally planned. So many shortcuts were taken and were evident. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, carrps said:

My sister said Octavio looked like Mussolini for the runway.

And his and Anna's was the worst f'ing thing out there.

Why did Elaine both wear the stupid fascinator and have an elaborate intricate hairdo? Both together looked dumb.

Elaine's entire look was flat out dumb last night. I know Nina would question my clothing aesthetic and say I bore her, but Elaine's entire get up looked like a toddler threw a bunch of stuff out of her closet and that's what she had to put on. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I couldn't really find myself committing to any of the looks totally besides the pink one.  Christian was shown helping the buckle coat people (Coral, Zayden) like every other scene.  And I didn't even love it.  It was okay.  I don't get cage from that coat and I don't buy the story behind it, considering Christian came up with the idea.

I have to agree with you.  Christian brought up the cage idea and all of a sudden they turned that into their narrative for the look.  I didn’t buy it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, backgroundnoise said:

The only one that made even fleetingly think "Mmm that's different" was the big coat.  Too bad it wasn't paired with a slim dress to contrast the bulk.

That 'big coat' had so much potential -- IF -- as was stated -- the inner pink patchwork 'bulky confusion' could have been slimmed down into some slithery dress OR a 'body suit' that hugged the body.  The coat and its inner design needed contrast.  ( I was SOOOO HAPPY that Christian used his "Save" on a truly talented designer!)  I would have been soooo sad if injustice had been wreaked on a top contestant due to that dang "immunity" situation --- 'double trouble inequity' which should NEVER be used during any 'immunity' episodes of Project Runway.  😥

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Michichick said:

Maybe he said he studied physics rather than that he has a physics degree? I don’t recall the exact words and it’s not important. The point is that Aaron said Bones knows nothing and that was wrong. Bones was correct about how they could get the collar to stand up.

He said he had a degree.  Not important maybe but weird.  Anyone would know that sticks would make them stand up, I think Aaron was trying to avoid them.  They showed the fake fur costumes he designed and they were amazing.   Aaron came undone because this was his thing, Bones hasn’t been doing that great and he wanted to do it all by himself.  But no excuses for being that rude.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Mimi's balletic arched back and arm movements were the winners of the night, for me (for you).

I'm interested in the contestant's background stories about their struggles for one, maybe 2 episodes. At this point, very much not interested in hearing it again, especially when the judges jump into the victim contest, too. 

Mimi is very graceful.  I was scared for a minute that she was going to fall back because of the odd weight of the outfit but nope. She did it.  

I like to hear stories about where they’re from but not the sob stories.   We all have stories.   These are talented people with drive and ambition.   Enough weeping about their childhood and let’s talk about future dreams and goals.  

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Lovecat said:

If it and "Jabba the Hutt's Vagina" (TM @30 Helens) had walked together, we could have had quite a theme going!

It didn't fall, the driver hit it when he took a corner too tightly.  Someone upstream wondered why the scaffolding extended into the street, which is a good question.  It may have been that kind that extends out from the building to create a walkway underneath so the sidewalk doesn't need to be closed while construction goes on overhead.  Very common in NYC, and it would make sense that if a van cut a corner too tightly (like maybe he went over the curb/curb cutout?) it might hit some scaffolding right at window level.  There was a scrape on the door of the van, too, lower down, though, so...trash can??  We need Bones' physics expertise here!  :)

I about died when he challenged Mimi to walk in that gown.  Oh, Mimi. Can. Walk!!!  Mimi can walk just about anything and make it look amazing.  I am sad that no one invoked the legendary S2 Daniel Vosovic "It's a muthafuckin' walk-off!" line, though.

“Muthafuckin’ walkoff” was my FIRST thought! Lol

• Love 3
On 12/2/2021 at 10:46 PM, MerBearStare said:

Bones is annoying af, but he was right. When he and Aaron were fighting and someone (can't remember who) scolded him for swearing, I got super pissed, possibly because I swear a lot myself. Unless someone is using slurs or saying something offensive, don't police other adults' language. You're an adult; you'll be fine if you hear someone say fuck. Also, when people are in the middle of a heated argument, that's the worst time to pull that shit. Just sit there and STFU.

I find Bones very annoying so I hate that Aaron made me agree with Bones. His Aaron’s behavior was AWFUL. Alcohol and arguments don’t mix well. 

23 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

So glad that Christian used his save on Chantel. I was really rooting for Octavio to go ….

One more thing - Christian really likes Chasity!  Their playfulness with each other is fun to watch.

Agree on both counts. Octavio and Anna’s look was a WRECK. 

I love Chasity and Christian’s banter. Fun but still somehow professional. 

bones is such a beautiful man. Why does he wear those hideous cheap wigs? 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, anniebird said:

It seems like everyone this season is using the "I'm a minority so blah, blah, blah" justification for everything. For once, I would just like them to design something cool that fits the challenge and shut up about it.

Word.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, watch2much said:

What shocked me about Aaron's outbursts were how ugly and personal they seemed to be.  Disdain was dripping out of his voice.  I was extremely impressed with how Bones tried to keep it from escalating despite Aaron refusing to let it go.....

Agreed.  Aaron was so incredibly ugly ... accusing Bones of wanting to send the model down the runway with sticks up her ass, accusing Bones of being an inferior designer, scoffing at white privilege like it isn't a thing, etc.  Just really disgusting behavior, and all because he couldn't admit that he was wrong about that fucking collar.  Jerk isn't a strong enough word.

• Love 23
17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Some observations:

1. Nothing was Avant-garde. Big hooded fur cape. Zayden's painted fabric. A headpiece from "Silence of the Lambs." A quilted winter jacket, oh wait, no, a dress. Meh. 

2. Bones is the team player he has always been, even if his first expression of that was his impertinence with Christian. 

3. Aaron is not a team player. And that's okay, until you let out your "Always a bridesmaid" frustration in a nasty way towards your helpful teammate.

4. Fur should not have been assigned. It restricted and hindered both creativity and execution, IMO. 

8 hours ago, Leeds said:

7 hours ago, bourbon said:

When I saw the preview clips for this episode, I thought it was going to be an unconventional challenge from the dollar store and Prajje and Chasity got toilet seat covers and Octavio and Anna got Hefty bags and leopard-print muumuus. The guest judge who thought O and A's looked like Flintstones realness was spot on. 

Not a big Bones fan, but he was in the right about his argument with Aaron. I'm also not a fan of people who call out bad language when other people are arguing. They're all adults. People are going to swear in the heat of the moment. If you're that offended by F bombs, maybe you should step away. 

I really do not get the Octavio love on this show. His looks remind me of garbage bags and he always blames his partners for failures.

Aaron showed his ass last night and I really like him before. Bravo to Bones for being the bigger person

Some of the faux fur was so ugly that I was afraid we would get this look

tumblr_mndtigrvoo1qzxgw0o1_500.gif?ssl=1

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I really do not get the Octavio love on this show. His looks remind me of garbage bags and he always blames his partners for failures.

I don't either.  Stuffed blob shapes are all he's got.  He really should have been the one aufed last night.

• Love 14

So, Aaron created costumes for a winged monkey in a Wizard of Oz play and now he’s an expert? K. Bones had TWO looks in the top 3 in the first episode, so he might actually know something. Aaron got personal and really nasty. If he’s pissed at the judges because he thinks they’re ignoring his fabulousness, then go yell at them. Glad they pulled the stick out of his back end to prop up that stupid hood. And shut up Anna. 

Kristina should have gone home. I hate group challenges, the person with immunity can send dog crap down the runway and not care. And Octavio can follow her. Has he made anything that hasn’t been garbage bag inspired?

• Love 11
12 hours ago, anniebird said:

It seems like everyone this season is using the "I'm a minority so blah, blah, blah" justification for everything. For once, I would just like them to design something cool that fits the challenge and shut up about it.

This happens every season, this season is no different.   You can insert a variety of sad stories.   Almost all of them have a I was insecure or struggled because of xyz, but now I believe in myself yada yada….. this show has more minorities this year than usual  which could be why it is being brought up more. 

3 hours ago, Bluesky said:

He said he had a degree.  Not important maybe but weird.  Anyone would know that sticks would make them stand up, I think Aaron was trying to avoid them.  They showed the fake fur costumes he designed and they were amazing.   Aaron came undone because this was his thing, Bones hasn’t been doing that great and he wanted to do it all by himself.  But no excuses for being that rude.  

He said he was a physics major and he knows physics, not that he had degree.   

bones also had 2 of the top looks week 1.   He’s also had some not great looks but not so bad it warranted that level of dismissiveness.   

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, carrps said:

I'm looking forward to the next time one of the judges tells one of the designers they need to edit their look.  Hopefully with a side eye toward Elaine.

46 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I love Christian’s little rooster coif!

Some critic or commentator or something at the time referred to him as looking like an angry squirrel, and that's what I always see, this many years later.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2