Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Secret Santa Gift, $25 Limit

• Start Topic

As Christmas approaches, Tom finally receives his first advance check from the Sofia Salazar book, leaving him and Marina to decide what to do with the money. Meanwhile, Sarah receives an extravagant gift from the parents at her new school and has a hard time parting with it.

Original airdate: 12/1/21

I liked this episode.  Especially thought Marina’s ultra craftiness was funny, and loved what Connor did for the gift exchange.  The mistletoe kiss at the end might add some interesting plot developments.  

• Love 4

This show is really growing on me. I love what Connor did for the gift exchange. Paying off the student lunch debt was better than any physical item he could have given Denise. I also enjoyed the bag story-line. Sarah and Denise choose to live how they do, but it doesn't seem to be how they were raised and it's interesting watching their views and values evolve. It's OK to want nice things, and to use nice things. I was surprised that the bag at the end was a "knockoff" since knock-off bags are made under conditions worse than the actual designer label and it seems that is something they would be aware of. 

JoJo and Connor would be cute together. 

• Love 5

Love this show so much. Love how nice the family is to each other, they bicker a little bit but in the end there's a lot of heart there. In addition to the paying off the lunch debt and the knock-off bag, I also loved that Connor decided to buy a new washer and dryer and ask who wants his "old" ones. With less talented show-runners Connor could be a big jerk about money and make it seem like they were so indebted to him for his largesse. I like that his view is much more free - I have money and I want to share it. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

Connor could be a big jerk about money and make it seem like they were so indebted to him for his largesse. I like that his view is much more free - I have money and I want to share it. 

100%. Add to that, his family doesn't expect him to use his money to support them. They make an effort to live within their means.

• Love 6