Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E07: Week 7

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

They’re not even standing on their paddle boards? (Even I stand on my paddle board.)  Nayte’s almost as bad at his sport as Brandon was at skateboarding.

Anyone know what naytes profession is and where he lives? Its so obvious he is her final pick. Im still so so about him. Loved Rodney.brandon is way to intense, and joe is just blah to me. I just dont see anything long lasting here . I wish rodney was the next bachelor . This season more than ever I see the “ bubble “ of the show and how falsely heightened emotions can be.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

All four of the final guys come from a white mother and black father? 

I thought the same.  Although 2 of the “dads” were stepdads but clearly the biological dads were also black.  Talk about having a “type”.  I’m sure it is quite an experience that they all share when you present black but are walking around with a white mother.   I’m sure it’s not easy.  

The mothers all seemed so similar to me too in personality.  I don’t think I could tell you who was who in a lineup.   

2 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Anyone know what naytes profession is and where he lives? Its so obvious he is her final pick. Im still so so about him. Loved Rodney.brandon is way to intense, and joe is just blah to me. I just dont see anything long lasting here . I wish rodney was the next bachelor . This season more than ever I see the “ bubble “ of the show and how falsely heightened emotions can be.

He lives in Austin, TX but is actually from Canada I believe so not sure if citizenship could be an issue.  He could just be here on a work visa but honestly have no idea how that works for a Canadian in the US.  I think he does some sort of sales. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

When Michelle and Nayte were hanging out, and he had his shirt off, they must have edited out her asking about his tattoos, right?  Because, what woman wouldn't comment, ask questions, read the paragraph written on his chest, etc?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I mean, the way you described it, it sounds like must-see TV (for those viewers who are Here for the Wrong Reasons).

Hahaha 🤣!  Who am I kidding!  I'll most likely watch it as I'm a glutton for trash TV and extreme drama considering I've watched every single season of 90 Day Fiancé.  I want to see the over the top scene when Clayton cries, "I feel so broken"- it reminds me of when Anchorman Ron Burgundy has a mental breakdown in a telephone booth and sobs, "I'm in a glass case of emotion!"

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Anyone know what naytes profession is and where he lives? 

Per the article that @LennieBriscoe posted, Nayte lives in Austin, Texas. I believe he is originally from Ottawa. He worked as a senior account executive for INDEED until leaving the job in July 2021 when filming began.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I’m still confounded why one of these 4 men isn’t the new bachelor. A guy being able to make the best pillow fort is a low bar…..

What is with all these people going back to relive their high school days? I don’t get it, you are in your 20’s and early 30’s…

I think Rodney and Nayte would both have made great Bachelors and would have been better choices than perfectly acceptable Clayton.  I like Brendan but don't think he could carry the show the way the other three could.  I love Joe but he is too reserved.

• Love 9

Rodney really grew on me in both personality and attractiveness.  I was concerned about his intelligence at the beginning due to his lack of knowledge about apples but once that all got sorted out I really started to like him!  

Re: Nayte.  I read somewhere that when he decided to go to college at EWU his Mom and step dad lived in Omaha Nebraska. But then she had the Canadian candy for Michelle, so it seems like they're in Canada now? The Mom sounded Canadian. But the stepdad might be American? Anyway, I'm sure Nayte is aware of his citizenship, whatever it may be, but they certainly haven't mentioned it much on the show. 

Clayton as bachelor. Ugh. The more boring the bachelor the more dramatic the bachelorettes are so next season will be the Most Dramatic, I'm sure. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

My poor, sweet Rodney. I like that he's not the usual, cocky type that ends up on this show. He's fun, seems sweet, and appears to be genuine. And I think he's pretty darn cute.

Totally agree!  I really like Michelle and I've enjoyed her season, the first in a long time I've watched all the way through (and I've watched since Trista).  I was so hoping for her sake that she'd break the pattern and choose a real man like Rodney; but no, again it's the pretty, flashy boys standing at the end.  Boring Joe--really?  No wonder all these matches tend to end in heartbreak.  And if Michelle picks Nayte or Joe, I fear that will be her outcome, too.

This show really dropped the ball with Clayton.  The previews of his season look like the melodrama from hell.  If there are any creative minds left guiding the Bachelor ship, they'll immediately film a Rodney season, like they did with Katie and Michelle.  I love BIP, but I really don't want to see Rodney there.  And having two Bachelors in a row would save us from having to see the Bobsey Twins of Kaitlyn and Tayshia clomping out in their finest to announce the final rose.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I loved the scene with Rodney and Michelle during the end credits. Easily the most fun scene of the entire show - which has been really dull IMO, even though I don't dislike Michelle or any of the men who are left.

I think Brandon is really sweet (as is the rest of his family), and that he really believes he's in love with Michelle, but he's way too immature and I don't think they'd make it IRL.

I don't know what to make of Nayte. Most people don't talk in-depth about feelings with their parents but for him to NEVER have even mentioned someone he likes to them seems really odd.

Joe could not look more disinterested if he tried.

I'm torn about the Clayton season preview. On the one hand, I'm a Wrong Reasons viewer so the drama and crying could be entertaining. But Clayton's own crying is so obviously fake, I doubt that he cares either way. Also, the name Clayton is too similar to Colton, and I don't wish to be reminded of the latter.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

Totally agree!  I really like Michelle and I've enjoyed her season, the first in a long time I've watched all the way through (and I've watched since Trista).  I was so hoping for her sake that she'd break the pattern and choose a real man like Rodney; but no, again it's the pretty, flashy boys standing at the end.  Boring Joe--really?  No wonder all these matches tend to end in heartbreak.  And if Michelle picks Nayte or Joe, I fear that will be her outcome, too.

This show really dropped the ball with Clayton.  The previews of his season look like the melodrama from hell.  If there are any creative minds left guiding the Bachelor ship, they'll immediately film a Rodney season, like they did with Katie and Michelle.  I love BIP, but I really don't want to see Rodney there.  And having two Bachelors in a row would save us from having to see the Bobsey Twins of Kaitlyn and Tayshia clomping out in their finest to announce the final rose.

I so agree with you! I hate the idea of Rodney going on bip where even a nice guy (think Venmo guy) becomes a player. 
and another thing- i hate the whole dual host thing. So unnesscary and so irritating !!!

• Love 8
15 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Per the article that @LennieBriscoe posted, Nayte lives in Austin, Texas. I believe he is originally from Ottawa. He worked as a senior account executive for INDEED until leaving the job in July 2021 when filming began.  

Nayte was born and grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba, a city just north of and about the same size as Minneapolis and similar in many ways. They've probably each visited the other's city at some point in their lives. Nayte moved to the States to attend college but his mother and other family still live in Winnipeg.

• Useful 7
On 11/30/2021 at 9:34 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Does it feel like this season is going by so fast? I feel like I looked up and hometowns were here. 

Didn't it used to be that the lead went from 8 people left, to 6 people, and then to the 4 for hometowns?  The cut from 8 to 4 seemed huge.

On 11/30/2021 at 11:07 PM, topanga said:

Will Michelle accept coming on the show to find a boyfriend? We'll see. 

One of the parents asked her if she wanted an engagement from this, and she said something like being willing to accept whatever happened.  I really wondered if she said that because she knew she would pick Nayte and that he wouldn't be ready for an engagement, but that he would want to continue dating in the real world.

18 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I loved the scene with Rodney and Michelle during the end credits. Easily the most fun scene of the entire show - which has been really dull IMO, even though I don't dislike Michelle or any of the men who are left.

Why oh why oh why oh why won't they show us more of the scenes like this?  It was so amusing and cute and showed us some personality.  My guess is that if they do, then it will be harder to stick to the one-dimensional narrative that each contestant gets assigned.

20 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

And having two Bachelors in a row would save us from having to see the Bobsey Twins of Kaitlyn and Tayshia clomping out in their finest to announce the final rose.

Show of hands...how many of us knew what Recyclorette was referring to?  Welcome to the Senior section!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Why oh why oh why oh why won't they show us more of the scenes like this?  It was so amusing and cute and showed us some personality. 

Huzzah!  It just reinforces my opinion of the intelligence, education (not necessarily formal), senses of humor/fun the producers and production assistants have.  LOW, very low.

• Love 4

I think Rodney was Michelle's best chance for marriage, but I guess he didn't grow on her the way he grew on me. He's sweet, mature, and sincere, and she said she laughed the most when she was with him. I didn't see all of those qualities in any of the other guys, even though they would all qualify at first glance as "hot."

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, coconutcookie said:

I think Rodney was Michelle's best chance for marriage, but I guess he didn't grow on her the way he grew on me. He's sweet, mature, and sincere, and she said she laughed the most when she was with him. I didn't see all of those qualities in any of the other guys, even though they would all qualify at first glance as "hot."

She gives off all the "right vibes" about being a sensible girl/woman, but I think she really wants that Cinderella ending.  It's possible showbiz has gone to her head.  SOMEONE, give Rodney a food show.  Even if he can't cook--he can learn.  Oh, "Learning with Rodney."

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, coconutcookie said:

I completely agree- Rodney is unabashedly himself and has such  kind eyes and a warm smile.  I think a lot of the guys know that they're hot and are somewhat aloof as a result whereas Rodney was a self proclaimed underdog who was upfront with his feelings, easy going and loyal.  Its sad that Michelle didn't choose him, but this frees him up to find a woman who will truly treasure every facet of his personality and adore his looks.  Such a good guy and handsome too- I like his freckles, smile, build and height! 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, coconutcookie said:

I just read that the franchise is getting a lot of flack for picking Clayton for the next Bachelor and stealing Rodney's "underdog" line to promote next season.  I guess everyone's picking up on how such a traditional pick like Clayton could be in any way considered an "underdog":  cisgender, white male, former athlete.   

They're also getting criticism for picking Clayton, who so resembles Colton, and for ignoring the four finalists of color this season.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 12/1/2021 at 8:02 AM, Katie111 said:

I thought the same.  Although 2 of the “dads” were stepdads but clearly the biological dads were also black.  Talk about having a “type”.  I’m sure it is quite an experience that they all share when you present black but are walking around with a white mother.   I’m sure it’s not easy.  

The mothers all seemed so similar to me too in personality.  I don’t think I could tell you who was who in a lineup.   

He lives in Austin, TX but is actually from Canada I believe so not sure if citizenship could be an issue.  He could just be here on a work visa but honestly have no idea how that works for a Canadian in the US.  I think he does some sort of sales. 

I had dear friends who were canadian citizens and they had no issues staying here and working here, but they did not want dual citixenship

• Love 2
On 12/2/2021 at 11:36 AM, LuvMyShows said:

And having two Bachelors in a row would save us from having to see the Bobsey Twins of Kaitlyn and Tayshia clomping out in their finest to announce the final rose.

I really cant stand it anymore. I have NEVER EVER liked Katelyn ever, I do love Tayshia and think she is a natural but I really cant stand seeing the two of them. I also think its odd to have 2 ladies hosting the show, but one man for the bachelor. honestly, I miss Chris Harrison. but please spare us the dual hosting lol.

Im also mystified about the final 4 not being considered for the lead. I pray rodney stays off BIP so he can have a nice unfettered run at the bachelor. I dont want to see him at BIP acting like a moron lol. I adore him

• Love 8
On 12/1/2021 at 11:40 AM, Recyclorette said:

No wonder all these matches tend to end in heartbreak.

Is anyone on these shows really looking for romance?  Each is a showbiz wannabe.  The only difference is that the current Bachelorette has what is considered a "real job."  Regular schedule; regular paycheck...but still: yearns for stardom (or at lease "celebrity").

8 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I miss Chris Harrison.

I might have been able to say that 4-5 years ago, but when everything became "The Chris Harrison Show," (and some with "serious" intervidews) all luster was lost.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, sauce62 said:

I think he's a dead ringer for Jesse Palmer, who I loathe. So generic and bland.

Who is the new host of The Bachelor, so, great, I won’t be able to tell the lead and host apart.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't see them looking alike at all, but here ya go...

Jesse-Palmer-Seemingly-Confirms-That-Cla

If they’re standing next to each other, you might be able to remember that one is taller and the other one is older. But every season there are at least a few pairs that I think are one person until I see them sitting next to each other or in back-to-back interactions that make me realize they are, indeed, two different people. Like, this season there were two white guys with beards that looked EXACTLY alike and I had no clue there were TWO of them until they were on the same group date. It also took me at least three-quarters through the season to tell Nayte and Joe apart—or remember which one of her two favorite good-looking guys had hair and which one didn’t. Jesse and Clayton?! Wow, they are doppelgängers! I will need to use context clues of which one is giving the roses vs counting the roses.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

What was the PSA for? I listened for a bit, but saw no PSA (I do have a short attention span…)

That Rodney and Nayte are BBFLs (best bros for life) and the show didn’t air their epic bromance. Rodney lit up talking about Nayte, to the extent he looked way more attractive with the biggest smile than we’ve ever seen him before. For sure he’s more “in love” with his bro Nayte than he ever was with Michelle.  Nayte is equally enamored with his boy Rodney.

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, hyacinth said:

Studies show that some people are better at facial recognition.   I would suspect that some of you would not win facial recognition contests.  😏 

I would not! If I see someone I know in a different place, think seeing a coworker while out shopping, I will not recognize them first and if they say hello to me, it will take some time really concentrating on where I know them from before figuring it out—if I do at all. I remember being so confused watching a movie that starred both DeNiro and Pacino because it took more than halfway through the movie before I realized they were two different characters. Lord help any victim—or innocent accused for that matter—if I’m the eyewitness to your crime. I would need to immediately recuse myself as not being a credible witness. That’s my biggest issue with these Bachelor/ette shows. The contestants always look too similar to each other, so I rely heavily on the name chyrons, and it’s my biggest pet peeve is when they don’t use them often enough.

• Love 10
On 12/3/2021 at 1:36 PM, Recyclorette said:

I just read that the franchise is getting a lot of flack for picking Clayton for the next Bachelor and stealing Rodney's "underdog" line to promote next season.  I guess everyone's picking up on how such a traditional pick like Clayton could be in any way considered an "underdog":  cisgender, white male, former athlete.   

They're also getting criticism for picking Clayton, who so resembles Colton, and for ignoring the four finalists of color this season.  

If we had to see two bachelorettes, we have to see two bachelors now. One spot is still open. I’m all about the equal sign 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Maximadc said:

If we had to see two bachelorettes, we have to see two bachelors now. One spot is still open. I’m all about the equal sign 

That was the plan, but they recently scrapped it  Next season is another Bachelorette -- I assume one plucked from the upcoming season.

Just as well, I guess.  They probably would have chosen someone from this season for the next Bachelor, and since they're unlikely to pick Rodney, I'd just rather not

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Maximadc said:

FWIW, there've been 26 seasons of The Bachelor (including Clayton's) and 18 of The Bachelorette (including Michelle's). So if it were all about equality, there would have to be eight consecutive seasons of The Bachelorette before another season of The Bachelor.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

FWIW, there've been 26 seasons of The Bachelor (including Clayton's) and 18 of The Bachelorette (including Michelle). So if it were all about equality, there would have to be eight consecutive seasons of The Bachelorette before another season of The Bachelor.

First season: Bibiana
Second season: Annaliese
Third season: Any of a number of dumpster fires available
Fourth season: Mykenna

• LOL 3
  • Love 1