Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E07: Week 7

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

All these parents so worried about their sons.  I mean, their sons chose to be on this show and knew the drill!

No,moms, they probably won’t carry these feelings “outside” the bubble.  It’s part of the “journey.” lol

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 4

I don’t know anything but I feel like Nayte will be her choice - the way she lights up around him. 
Nayte seems nice, but I’m worried that if she picks him or Joe her heart will eventually be broken. Of course, that is what happens in most of these relationships.

• Love 6

Ex-step-dad has his disco shirt on! Mom may have brought candy, but don’t be fooled—she is not here for her baby to be bum-rushed into an engagement! He’s never even mentioned a girlfriend?! Ok, the editing made me think all of the families were against their child’s “relationship.” But unless we take a turn for the better after the commercial break, it’s her front runner Nayte whose parents are trying to sabotage their chances. They got all gussied up and brought gifts to say Nayte’s never been in love, and we’re not going to let you trick him into a relationship. He doesn’t even know what “engagement” and  “marriage” mean, our naive angel baby.

• LOL 10

I'm surprised at how they're portraying it as a big problem that Nayte doesn't spill his guts to his family and talk about relationships. My parents met my prom date and then no one else until my now-husband. Still very happily married, they love him, but we still don't need to talk about all our feelings. They'd be there if I needed them but I'm just more of a private person. Maybe all this time I've been a weirdo?! 

I don't know, I just don't see it as some huge red flag. Maybe Nayte isn't ready for marriage, but just saying he is and gushing to his parents wouldn't necessarily make it true either. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

I don’t know anything but I feel like Nayte will be her choice - the way she lights up around him. 
Nayte seems nice, but I’m worried that if she picks him or Joe her heart will eventually be broken. Of course, that is what happens in most of these relationships.

Exactly! I don’t think either one of them is as into her as she is into them and she’s definitely not feeling it as much with Rodney or Brandon. I don’t see her finding her life partner here. 
Does it feel like this season is going by so fast? I feel like I looked up and hometowns were here. 

Aww, stepdad is making me tear up. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I haven’t watched much so I don’t know the backstories, but I thought the prom date was cringeworthy.

Was Joe really a Mr.Basketball?

Yep, 2011. I don't know if other states have Mr and Miss Basketball, but Minnesota does. They are the best boy and girl basketball players in the state. I think the newspaper picks them, but I don't know for sure

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Wait, Mom and Charles recently went through a divorce—no wonder why they’re both so bitter about the idea of rushing into love. But at least Nayte and Charles finally said I love you?! Oh, man, Nayte is falling apart here. I guess he is learning to open up emotionally. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

I'm surprised at how they're portraying it as a big problem that Nayte doesn't spill his guts to his family and talk about relationships. My parents met my prom date and then no one else until my now-husband. Still very happily married, they love him, but we still don't need to talk about all our feelings. They'd be there if I needed them but I'm just more of a private person. Maybe all this time I've been a weirdo?! 

I don't know, I just don't see it as some huge red flag. Maybe Nayte isn't ready for marriage, but just saying he is and gushing to his parents wouldn't necessarily make it true either. 

You sound normal to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Yep, 2011. I don't know if other states have Mr and Miss Basketball, but Minnesota does. They are the best boy and girl basketball players in the state. I think the newspaper picks them, but I don't know for sure

Yes, I live in MN too but didn’t know that about him.  Cool. 

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yes, I live in MN too but didn’t know that about him.  Cool. 

19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I haven’t watched much so I don’t know the backstories, but I thought the prom date was cringeworthy.

Was Joe really a Mr.Basketball?

And Michelle was Miss Minnesota Basketball runner-up (or whatever) the same year, and so she apparently knew about Joe and had a crush on him then.

• Useful 4

I have never been more aware of franken bit dialog as this season.  So many times it’s obvious that the words were recorded at different times. The tones, cadence and timbre are all over the place on some of these talking heads

once Nayte was called, Rodney and Joe both knew.  Surprised Brandon was called first.  Thought they’d make it between him and Rodney.

wow, that hug with Joe was -not happy? It was like 2 guys hugging trying to kept the junk from touching.  I really think she’s over him.  I don’t get her attraction to Brandon.  He’s a little kid, talks like a frat boy

Edited by Riplet68
  • Love 4

Rodney doesn’t fit into the “stereotypical” trope of what a participant on these shows “should” be. He is uniquely his own self which is unusual in general these days. 
I am confounded why one of these final 4 weren’t the new bachelor. With the exception of Michelle (and Tayshia), I have been puzzled by their choices of for the bachelor and bachelorette. I have only watched since Farmer Chris’ season.

• Love 13

Poor Rodney. I really like him. 

Watch, he'll go on Paradise and we'll all be disillusioned.

Where he gets into the car is exactly kitty corner to where I used to work. Now he's going over Hennepin Ave Bridge.

Well I'll be on a plane during The Men Tells All so I at least I won't miss much.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

Rodney doesn’t fit into the “stereotypical” trope of what a participant on these shows “should” be. He is uniquely his own self which is unusual in general these days. 
I am confounded why one of these final 4 weren’t the new bachelor. With the exception of Michelle (and Tayshia), I have been puzzled by their choices of for the bachelor and bachelorette. I have only watched since Farmer Chris’ season.

Yeah, same! It looks like they’re going back to their original prototype of The Bachelor, unfortunately. 

• Love 5

Sad to see Rodney go, I will miss him but I hope we don't see him on Paradise. That place does things to people, it brings out the dickhead. I like that Rodney didnt seem like your typical Bachelor contestant, he never seemed like he was performing or reading from a script, he was just doing his own thing. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I guess they must have started filming Clayton’s season immediately. They usually have “Dancing with the Stars” or something else in between seasons. I guess that’s why they had to choose someone who went out sooner?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Rodney is such a wonderful guy. I'm already jealous of the lucky woman who snags him one day.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I don't like it when men or women say that so and so meets all these items on a checklist. 

I don't like it when they say they have to meet the parents in order to figure out how they feel about someone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Poor Rodney. He became my favorite contestant over these last few weeks. But Michelle didn't see him as a potential mate the way she did the other three. So I completely respect her decision. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the three left will work out. Brandon is nice but emotionally immature. Joe is emotionally immature, and he doesn't seem all that into Michelle. Nayte really likes Michelle, but I don't think he's ready to propose. Will Michelle accept coming on the show to find a boyfriend? We'll see. 

And I've only watched a few seasons of the Bachelor/Bachelorette, but don't we usually meet more of the lead's friends when they go home? I was excited to meet some of Michelle's homegirls until I realized it was Bri and Serena. Who very well might be her friends, but she doesn't have any friends from high school/ adulthood/work friends who were willing to go on camera? I guess the best they could do were some of her students. 

And Clayton's upcoming season looks very melodramatic and extra. I think I'll skip it. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Katie111 said:

I think Joe is Michelle’s high school crush but honestly I think he’s out of her league.    

Maybe he was out of her teenage league but she's way out of his 20-something league.

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

And Joe says their starter home will be on Lake Minnetonka? Good luck with that.

They could buy one of those houses on an island with no electricity and they have to take a boat to get to. 

I'm sad to see Rodney go.  With that last bumper, I could actually see him hosting a Food Network Show.  He should replace Jesse Palmer as the host of The Bachelor.  I think he'd be good.  I think she let him go because she cares about him the most out of her "runner ups" even if it is mostly as a friend.  I've noticed the bachelorettes have been doing this lately.  They kindly let go of someone they like but have already decided against and bring bigger "no ways" towards the finish line along with their choice. 

I like to think she's bringing Joe along just to scare him into thinking he might get picked. 

That conversation with Nayte's stepdad was really wonderful.  I think Michelle is the most into Nayte but I think he's maybe two or three years away from where he needs to be.

I think Brandon is probably a few years away from where he needs to be too but, unlike Nayte, I think he thinks he's ready.  And thinking you're ready can actually be over half the battle.

Joe's not ready nor does he think he's ready.

16 minutes ago, topanga said:

And I've only watched a few seasons of the Bachelor/Bachelorette, but don't we usually meet more of the lead's friends when they go home?

This season is weird because they're filming so much of it around Michelle's home town but those dates aren't technically her home towns.  They're just regular dates as part of the season.

I assume next week or in two weeks, we're going to have her "official" home town dates where the remaining guys will meet her family or "re-meet" them if we're talking about Brandon. And they'll meet her friends, or "re-meet" them if it's Nayte.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

My poor, sweet Rodney. I like that he's not the usual, cocky type that ends up on this show. He's fun, seems sweet, and appears to be genuine. And I think he's pretty darn cute.

I really liked Brandon's dad and family, but Brandon just seems like he's experiencing his first infatuation.

• Love 16

Everything Joe said on their "prom date" sounded like an actor reciting lines from a script. " the night is still young so we still have a lot to go, meeting the family. Are you excited?"

A bad actor reciting lines from a poorly written script.

And this is after he tells Michelle,  a TEACHER, how negatively he views learning.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Is there a “gag me” emoji for clayton’s “I’m so broken” scene?

I'm banking on Clayton pulling a Mesnick sobbing on the balcony 😄!  The upcoming season looks like its jam packed with synthetic hair extensions, botched lip filler, mental breakdowns on stairs and nonstop bitching.  I'll give it a gander for one episode, but I don't think that I have the patience for the whole season.

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I'm banking on Clayton pulling a Mesnick sobbing on the balcony 😄!  The upcoming season looks like its jam packed with synthetic hair extensions, botched lip filler, mental breakdowns on stairs and nonstop bitching.  I'll give it a gander for one episode, but I don't think that I have the patience for the whole season.

I mean, the way you described it, it sounds like must-see TV (for those viewers who are Here for the Wrong Reasons).

• LOL 8
  • Love 3