Type keyword(s) to search

S01:E08 God's Plan

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

When tragedy strikes the group, the ladies take a moment to reflect on the beginning stages of their friendship in the early '90s when a young Brianna, Naomi and Jill first met.

Original Airdate: December 14, 2021

Guest starring is Jadakiss as himself, Emerson Brooks as Darren, Gayle Samuels as Renee Robinson, Elaine Del Valle as Rosie, Kati Ture as Young Brianna, Teshi Thomas as Young Naomi, Olivia P. Bucknor as Young Jill and Adam Fristoe as Detective Martin Wilson.

161009_9523-900x0.jpg
161009_1456-900x0.jpg
161008_0134-900x0.jpg

Queens S01.E09 (Midseason Premiere) - ABC - 10 p.m.  January 4

Edited by AnimeMania

As soon as Rosie was in custody I had to go back to Jill being the real target as I'd eliminated her at the start of the epi once the detective started questioning them.  I was hoping that wasn't the case but she's been the one with the most personal drama.  Tina had already chewed her out and her husband had acted out before but I'd thought still maybe not him.  But I guess that's how they played it.

Brianna's mom, sheesh.  I get everyone's parents wants them to do better than them but her even not considering the surgery before the ladies talked her into it was a bit much.  And where was she when Bri's husband died?  I'm also glad that they didn't kill off Brianna because how much sadness do her kids need?  There are different ways to work around her being absent from the show than killing her off.

Valeria's fake mom is still playing her (get me a good lawyer and I'll tell you everything... sure Rosie).

I'm wondering if Eric is going to take Jadakiss up on his "offer" and sell a portion of the Queens and their profits to him?  It was also good to see Naomi offer to update Jojo's birth certificate and to reach out being their for each other.  However, who knows how long that good will will last once she and the other ladies find out what he did in the first place.

It was nice seeing how the group started.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 2

Loved the flashbacks, and damn, Brianna's mom was always "Robocop"! I was waiting for the "beep" at the end and glad it came. I felt like the reveal that it was Jill's ex husband was a bit... off? I donno. It just didn't fit IMO. "It's God's plan, so let me strangle you now"?

I guess hot video director is out, and Eric is in. How much older is he supposed to be than the girls? I always assumed he was around their age, but he was obviously much older in the flashbacks. (Or at least old enough to be starting to manage people and get into the club without "paying double".)

• Love 3

Regardless of whether or not Eve wants to return, I hope they don't kill off Brianna. Her five kids just lost their father, they shouldn't have to lose their mom, too, for a reason to write out a character. Writers can and should be better and more creative. They can easily have Bri bow out and want to move away to take care of herself and her family.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Regardless of whether or not Eve wants to return, I hope they don't kill off Brianna. Her five kids just lost their father, they shouldn't have to lose their mom, too, for a reason to write out a character. Writers can and should be better and more creative. They can easily have Bri bow out and want to move away to take care of herself and her family.

It's been suggested that she takes that "vacation to Africa" that she mentioned in a previous episode. That would be a good way to take her off canvas for a while allowing for her return if she wants.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 12/15/2021 at 1:54 PM, RunningMarket said:

I guess hot video director is out, and Eric is in. How much older is he supposed to be than the girls? I always assumed he was around their age, but he was obviously much older in the flashbacks. (Or at least old enough to be starting to manage people and get into the club without "paying double".)

I assumed he was maybe 8-10yrs older. Not a big difference when the girls are in their early 40s, but a huge one when they are in high school (15 vs 23 for example). 

I understand that Brianna’s husband JUST died so she hasn’t updated her medical POAs etc, but Jill had a point- she’s single now, who would make decisions. Naomi never had any of those documents?? I’m all for Eric being added to Jojo’s birth certificate, but that’s not a medical POA!

I was glad they had the beep at the end. I could see why the mom would have problems with the band. They meet and her daughter's immediately sneaking out and being called a nasty bitch. And I'm shocked they had the name since they were 14. 

I knew it was Jill's husband. He had the crazy eyes.

• Love 1