Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Partners and Third Wheels

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Tensions run high when Walker and Liam investigate a cold case together. Micki, still on desk duty, is working through her grief while slowly easing her way back into the field. Trey tags along for a fishing trip and gets a lesson on love. August makes a discovery that could lead to answers about the feud between The Walkers and The Davidsons.

Airdate: 12/02/2021

Stella actually said, (might be paraphrasing a bit) "nothing warms my heart like a bromance." Are you fucking kidding me? I've previously been pretty tolerant of both kids, but Stella is now dead to me. Not to mention the absolute abject stupidity of throwing a party when you know your grandparents will be home before dark, and your dad is a few minutes away at the bar in town. REALLY? Who even gets busted for a party while it is still daylight out? Total morons. And then no consequences because Abeline & Bon want to be all warm and fuzzy. Don't come crying when they actually throw a REAL rager at home.

This was intense. Intensely stupid. 

Glad Liam had more to do this go around, but I'm still wondering how much longer he is going to stay with the D.A.  He just really doesn't seem to be happy working for Denise right now.  But I really don't know what else they can do with him on this show.

It was kind of nice having a simple case of the week this time, and I liked the shifting dynamics where Micki took a behind the scenes approach (until the end), while Walker and Liam did the leg work.  Figured it was going to be the brother though, because it usually is always the family member.  Fun seeing Hope Lauren as the victim's daughter, after just seeing her as Corinne in the "one and done" show The Republic of Sarah.  Once again, say what you will about The CW, but once you get on one of their shows, there is always more work even if your initial show is canceled or your role is written out!

Yeah, Stella and Augie were being extra stupid is this one.  Throwing a party on the ranch without permission is bad enough, but doing so after you just promised to do chores so your grandparents can have a day off?  They're just playing with fire, aren't they?  I did chuckle over Trey talking them up as potential successors for the ranch, but once he saw all of that, he was just like "Yeah, I'm out!  Forget everything I said!"

Surprise, surprise: Micki is finally ready to open up to Trey about everything, only for him to at least figure out that it involves something guy named Garrison (thanks to Bonham letting it slip), so he's probably going to be on edge whenever this conversation takes place.  At least Lindsay Morgan is making the most of her time before her eventual exit.

• Love 1

I'm blaming this one mostly, if not all, on Stella. I think Augie was thinking one or two friends each tocome out and they'd get the chores done at the same time. Not that insane.  But, otherwise, yeah.  Even if they had managed to get the kids to leave before anyone came home, how were they expecting the chores to get done?  

And what's the deal with the lantern? Did they just solve that their dad started the fire?  Nobody seemed to care?  

I do think it's hilarious that the big rager the kids threw was barbequing and playing horseshoes in the middle of the day. If it was an act of rebellion, it was mild at best. That was by far the tamest, most laidback teenage party I've ever seen.

But not knowing when the grandparents would come home was a rookie mistake.

Agree that Augie wasn't thinking of a full-blown party.

I'm glad Walker tried to clear up the Geri situation right away and didn't let it drag on for weeks, with him trying to explain, and her not letting him. I hate that trope so much. But it's interesting that he couldn't admit he didn't still have feelings for Denise.

Poor Trey. They're not doing any favors for the Micki character before she goes. 

• Love 2

I get that Micki is going through things, but I cant really blame Trey for leaving Micki if that's what happens when she leaves the show whole she stays, its been awhile now since everything happened and she hasn't even told him the very basics of what happened yet? It must hurt knowing that everyone seems to know what's going on with his girlfriend except for him, who she cant even talk to anymore. 

As far as teenage parties go, the one that Stella and Augie threw (even if it was accidental on Augie's part) was really pretty chill. I am pretty impressed that they managed to grill some BBQ, it was more or less a typical BBQ get together just with some beer. 

I liked that the case they worked was pretty mundane and that we got to switch up the dynamics of Micki, Liam, and Walker for a little bit. I knew it would be the brother, thematically it makes sense as Liam and Walker are at odds, but it was still a pretty good case of the week. 

• Love 1

I'm just wondering why the show is making Cordell Walker a goofy character.  He makes funny expressions when he's trying to explain things and is indicisive.  I know this show is based "loosely" on Chuck Norris's Texas Ranger Walker, but at least make this version kick some butt. 

Walker is a good show but it needs a shot in the arm.  Something to spice it up.  Along with Walker's facial expressions and irritating kids, this show just falls flat.

Very disappointing to hear that Lindsey Morgan is leaving.    

I still enjoy the show, but I’m hoping it finds more of a balance between family and upholding the law once Micki leaves.  Whilst I enjoy the family dynamic, the “crime” side has, IMHO, lost focus.  The whole Del Rio/Serrano angle is, quite frankly, meandering.  The spy camera pull-back at the end of the first season had such potential, only for it to apparently morph into some weird vehicle for Dave Annable’s character.  I agree Walker needs to be given some more inner “steel”, as more of Jared is peeking through with the goofiness and acting tics.  I’d love them to move away from the crime syndicate theme to something more defined and dynamic, minimise the brattiness from the kids and stop all the miscommunication between Cordell and Geri.

• Love 1
On 12/8/2021 at 2:38 AM, rr2911 said:

I'm just wondering why the show is making Cordell Walker a goofy character.  He makes funny expressions when he's trying to explain things and is indicisive.  I know this show is based "loosely" on Chuck Norris's Texas Ranger Walker, but at least make this version kick some butt. 

Walker is a good show but it needs a shot in the arm.  Something to spice it up.  Along with Walker's facial expressions and irritating kids, this show just falls flat.

Very disappointing to hear that Lindsey Morgan is leaving.    

Because, let's be honest, JP is not really a strong actor.  And I watched him all 15 years on Supernatural.  He's actually pretty terrible, IMO, so he just doesn't know what to do with his face in certain scenes...

1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

Because, let's be honest, JP is not really a strong actor.  And I watched him all 15 years on Supernatural.  He's actually pretty terrible, IMO, so he just doesn't know what to do with his face in certain scenes...

I've seen some of Supernatural and he didn't make those facial expressions and his character on SN had more guts.  But I'm really referring to the show making the Walker character goofy and silly at times.  

I think this show needs to go in another direction.  Somehow make Walker more sure of himself.  Be more like Chuck Norris's Walker.  I know Norris was a marial artist expert, but at least this version of Walker strong and assertive.

Maybe there needs to be something tragic that happens like Walker's parents or one of the kids getting murdered that would change Walker's character to a more darker tone.

13 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Maybe there needs to be something tragic that happens like Walker's parents or one of the kids getting murdered that would change Walker's character to a more darker tone.

Really?  His wife getting murdered wasn't enough?