Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers means no spoilers.  No information that was not yet said on the show.  That's it.  Each person on the show has their own character thread where spoilers are allowed.  Take any discussions regarding future information there. 

• Start Topic

I was never a huge Heather fan so I’m not sure about her being the centerpiece of the show. I do like that she’s always been enthusiastic about the activities when they go on trips, so that’s something. Also I was pleasantly surprised that her kids seem like normal kids- I.e. not all glammed up. 

I like that Emily and Gina seem to have an actual friendship. Their scenes seem organic to me. 

It’s very jarring to see a world seemingly apart from the pandemic (no masks? Kids having sleepovers?). 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, ladle said:

It’s very jarring to see a world seemingly apart from the pandemic (no masks? Kids having sleepovers?). 

Right?  I'm thinking this was filmed during the brief time after vaccines and before Delta.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/2/2021 at 10:18 AM, chenoa333 said:

That's ok. We don't judge other posters, we're here to judge the reality TV "stars"!

And I can understand people liking Heather's home and having her back on the show. Without her this season wouldn't be even worthy of "hate watching."

Is Heather's new home in Newport Beach? I can't remember if that's where the Dubrow's built this waste of space. Do the Dubrow's still have their dogs? 

Judging from the canyon views we saw, it looks to me like the house is in the Newport Coast neighborhood of Newport Beach, just south of Corona del Mar (another section of Newport Beach). 

• Useful 2
On 12/3/2021 at 1:08 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Absoloutely! Terry is just as ostentatious and as big a vacuous spendthrift as his wife. My Dad was a physician...he never wanted to go into private practice because of these kind of doctors...guys that make a ton of $$$ and then throw it in everyone's faces with mansions, expensive cars, etc.etc...instead he went into epidemeology and pubic health. 

Terry is arrogant and just as much of a show off as his vapid wife.

Haha - vacuous spendthrift.  I live in OC and I'm going to use that one.

• Love 6
On 12/4/2021 at 8:24 AM, amarante said:

The editing that juxtaposed Shannon's current relatively modest home with her old home underscored her decline. Of course her current home is worth several million dollars but it is just a "nice" home versus the kind of showcase that she used to live in.

It is interesting that she had to downsize so drastically because when she was introduced we learned that her family were San Francisco socialites - weren't they owners of I Magnin or Bullocks Wilshire so I had assumed that even after a divorce she would have retained that money. 

I guess the old "mansion" was just smoke and mirrors and mortgaged so when they divorced, there wasn't much equity to split up. Not that she is hurting for money by ordinary standards but she didn't get that much money considering she was a SAHM mother for most of the marriage. As I recall she got a relatively low settlement and a fair amount of child support. 

Plastic surgeons - especially ones that are as *famous* as Terry do make an a huge amount of money because all of their procedures are elective so they can charge (and collect) whatever the market will pay. A face lift could be $50,000 from that kind of *famous* surgeon. And he also has significant income from Botched which has been running for awhile.

Selling houses in that price range is not that easy, even in SoCal.  They probably had to cut the price substantially to get it sold in the time frame they needed.  Plus, the divorce standards have changed even for the monied.  Nowadays, regardless of the length of the marriage, courts are not awarding huge settlements where the parties are both able bodied, gainfully employed and the children are almost grown.  So even though Shannon was a SAHM, she holds a high paying job and is financially well off herself, she was dealt the hand everyone else gets - meaning she'll be on her own and supporting herself without the benefit of a huge lump sum settlement or high dollar amount monthly checks from the ex.  (And we saw how quickly she blew through that $1.2m settlement.)

On 12/4/2021 at 10:09 AM, oakville said:

The witch's home was featured on Million Dollar Listing L.A. a few years ago. The couple divorced & the home was put up for sale.

Yeah - and I heard they took a bath on the sale.

• Useful 7
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

Selling houses in that price range is not that easy, even in SoCal.  They probably had to cut the price substantially to get it sold in the time frame they needed.  Plus, the divorce standards have changed even for the monied.  Nowadays, regardless of the length of the marriage, courts are not awarding huge settlements where the parties are both able bodied, gainfully employed and the children are almost grown.  So even though Shannon was a SAHM, she holds a high paying job and is financially well off herself, she was dealt the hand everyone else gets - meaning she'll be on her own and supporting herself without the benefit of a huge lump sum settlement or high dollar amount monthly checks from the ex.  (And we saw how quickly she blew through that $1.2m settlement.)

Yeah - and I heard they took a bath on the sale.

It is true that spouses don’t get alimony especially since Shannon has a well paying job. 

However wealth isn’t measured by one’s salary but by one’s assets and a long term spouse would be entitled to 50% of those assets. My comment was directed at there not being much in the way of actual assets to split which would be the spousal portion. Child support is different and theoretically Shannon would also owe some portion. However there was clearly no issue in terms of providing enough child support for normal upper middle class standards which would generally include college tuition and even grad school. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I really hate Heathers house, but I also hated Shannon’s old house. They both felt like cold uncomfortable houses.

Heather can be really annoying, but I still like her (and almost everyone on earth) better than Shannon. I just don’t get the appeal of Shannon. I think she’s a terrible, selfish, lazy, entitled brat. 

• Love 4
On 12/19/2021 at 12:48 PM, Anne Thrax said:

Haha - vacuous spendthrift.  I live in OC and I'm going to use that one.

I have to give credit to my husband for that one...many years ago when our daughter was a young teenager and seemed to be spending her allowance on frivolous stuff and would ask for an advance, my husband called her a vacuous spendthrift...how ironic that my daughter now lives in the OC!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I have to give credit to my husband for that one...many years ago when our daughter was a young teenager and seemed to be spending her allowance on frivolous stuff and would ask for an advance, my husband called her a vacuous spendthrift...how ironic that my daughter now lives in the OC!

Hey that's pretty cool - she'll fit right in.  What city?

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Hey that's pretty cool - she'll fit right in.  What city?

Newport Beach! Actually, she has too much of the East Coast in her to really fit in. she finds a lot of the women there to be spoiled brats that still get financial support from Mom and Dad who buy them expensive homes in tony neighborhoods. She may have too much blue collar work ethic in her for that area. 

• Love 5

I didn’t watch last season and didn’t realize this season had started.  Just catching up on your funny commentary.

I still don’t know which one is Gina and which is Emily.  lol

Haven't seen it mentioned here that the DuBrows also sell a lot of stuff on home shopping network ShopHQ.  They have a line of beauty products with the word “Beaute” in it (shades of Gretchen!) and sell a bunch of Covid-related stuff like masks.  They were on a LOT; not sure how often lately.  But they have to be making a lot of money off those endeavors, too.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 5
On 12/2/2021 at 9:48 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Heather's house is Cold and sterile ... which totaly fits with her personality and how she comes across on this show ... its like a fucking hotel instead of a home 

I literally gasped at that master bedroom - one of the ugliest ones I've seen on any of the Housewives shows. It looks like a conference room that someone stuck a bed in, down to that terrible dark carpet.

What is it with these housewives and doing the "I designed this myself. . ." No, please just leave it to the professionals. To think someone had all the resources to build this home from scratch and this is what they came up with. Should've spent some of that cash on a decent interior designer. I can't stand Vicki, but give me her cozy home any day over this mausoleum. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 12/6/2021 at 4:21 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Her face looked overfilled to me. It’s either that or she has gained weight. I don’t understand the obsession with filler. I think it looks unnatural on most people. Ok, so some lines are minimized, but the definition of the face is compromised. Many of them end up with moon faces. 

It's so odd to me that they would opt for that - for most of my childhood and teenage years I had a round face with chubby cheeks that I disliked. One of the things I liked about my 30s was having my face thin out a bit, and having more defined features. Even if I have to deal with wrinkles and sagging as I get older, I can't imagine wanting to go back to the round face. It was not a good look for me! 

Emily's is the worst - can she even see? And then I think of what Brandi Glanville did to hers - she was so beautiful before. All of these women should consult Kyle and Luann - they seem to have escaped the bad plastic look the best, IMHO.

• Love 9
On 12/1/2021 at 9:39 PM, nexxie said:

I’ve already had enough of Heather.

They brought her on to help the show, meanwhile she’s ruining the show.  I can’t watch anymore and look at her phony mug.  I just read the comments, then might post once in awhile.

• Love 9
On 12/2/2021 at 9:01 AM, thesupremediva1 said:

Heather is as curated as a museum - and that's what her house reminds me of. Gosh I miss Vicks right now. She had money but her home looked warm and cozy - like someone actually lived in it!

As Lu would say - money can't buy you taste, I guess. I'm sort of embarrassed for Heather, having spent millions on a home that looks about as inviting as something a 12-year-old built online while playing The Sims. Not an ounce of humanity to be found. If Heather had a battery box on her back with screws, I wouldn't be shocked. She's the least "real" thing on this show right now. I don't want Brown Wind or Tam-rat back, but we didn't have to go this route either. 

I grow tired of everyone bowing at the altar of wealth. Heather isn't Queen Bee just because she's got a ton of cash. Find a backbone, ladies. I can see I'm going to be forced to defend Shannon again for a whole season, since she's the only one willing to oppose the Bougie Bot.

I’m with you 100%.  I can’t watch that smug mug anymore.  Let me know when she is gone.  I’ll be baaack. Lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 1/17/2022 at 11:27 AM, kristen111 said:

I’m with you 100%.  I can’t watch that smug mug anymore.  Let me know when she is gone.  I’ll be baaack. Lol.

If you stop watching this show you will lose a lot, it will cost you, this is not a threat, it is a promise, lol.

The sad thing is is that we all hate her but she is getting the last laugh, we are all talking about her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If you stop watching this show you will lose a lot, it will cost you, this is not a threat, it is a promise, lol.

The sad thing is is that we all hate her but she is getting the last laugh, we are all talking about her.

Ok then.  I’ll give it a whirl again.  Maybe I’ll just fast forward her.  I saw Terry on HSN again, selling some cream.  I thought they threw him off?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Not me, I've already deleted the series and am going to watch no further.

• Love 4
On 12/1/2021 at 9:51 PM, TexasGal said:

Heather’s house looks like a hotel. 

Haha. I said it looks like a cruise ship! The outside courtyard thing reminded me of Oasis of the Seas on Royal Caribbean. 

• Love 3
On 12/2/2021 at 12:54 PM, chenoa333 said:

Haha!hahaha! Heather walking into NOBU restaurant trying to look like Ariana Grande! I can't stop laughing! What a fool.  Grandma Grande is more like it.

I already dislike the new woman (forgot her name) just because she went outdoors on a walking/hiking trail wearing lace pantyhose. Yeah, I know they were not really pantyhose but they sure looked to me like all lace fabric from waist to feet. She looked hideous. I'm calling the fashion police on her next time.

And why did Bravo need to film the Dubrow's eating dinner with their homely kids and talking to the kids about what their goals and aspirations are for their futures? They don't need to do anything meaningful in life. They're the ugly offspring of Terry and Madame Puppet. And furthermore who cares? 

This season is owned and operated by Heather. That much is clear.