Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Lacey's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, mk828 said:

Just order some cheeseburgers with extra extra extra bacon and you'll be in the waiting room with Lacey! ;) 

It's going to take A LOT of cheeseburgers to get there.  I think even the fastest gainers on this show would balloon at 100 pounds a year or so at the start of their journey.  Only once their bodies were properly conditioned to support their valiant effort were they able to achieve heroics like 60+ pounds per month gains!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I wonder how much meth the sister smoked during Lacey's appointment?

I didn't pay that much attention to her, but I didn't see the meth mouth or characteristic sores on her... did she really have them?

I know, but as far as I can tell, she has never worked in the field since she got that degree.

I'm sure she made way more money as an actress than a research scientist.

Of course, I had to look it up. It looks as though she worked in the field a bit but returned to acting to "allow her to be the type of parent she wanted to be" and also to access SAG health insurance for herself and her sons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayim_Bialik. Still don't love her or that commercial.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

It just occurred to me that no one, I mean no one, ever smiles or laughs on this show. 

I've noticed that too.  That's why I appreciated Chad (from early shows) and his wife Ayesha.  He could poke fun at himself & cracked her up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

It's going to take A LOT of cheeseburgers to get there.  I think even the fastest gainers on this show would balloon at 100 pounds a year or so at the start of their journey.  Only once their bodies were properly conditioned to support their valiant effort were they able to achieve heroics like 60+ pounds per month gains!

You are so right, Hellga!  Most people would get so full that they couldn't get up to the 10,000 calories per day needed to gain that much weight.

• Love 3

2225 miles or so is the distance...  it would probably take me 3 days to cover, so the fact that they made it in 5 is actually pretty impressive.  

They are going to get married?  Really?   Lord have mercy...

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

Dr. Now is speaking more this season and he actually gives them reading materials.

He's given them this info all along; the show has only recently been highlighting it.  Dr Now has a Bariatric Center of Excellence, which has to meet certain standards. They aren't sending people home to lose weight without any guidance. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, String Theory said:

Did she get new pants‽  That’s going to be one long, smelly ride!

What did they do with the old pants..?

How are tortillas zero calories with 33 carbs?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

If I wasn't a secure, never been married, woman, I would feel badly that this bitch is engaged.  However, if getting engaged means that the man you are engaged to is Ricky, I'll pass....

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Engaged.

So it's month 2, they were together a month (not even) before they started. 

I know some people get married real quick and it works out but....

I don't have a good feeling.

I know people who literally got married the day after they met (parents of one of my friends, one of my grandpa's friends) and lived through wars and everything and never divorced...  I actually think that this marriage might even be a long-term relationship but I don't think it would be a healthy one - on the physical or the emotional level.  But I will be happy to be proven wrong, if they actually do make changes to diet and exercise... 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Gaining a pound every three days!  That's absolutely bonkers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Achoo!!! I just went on a dusty hunt in our safe to get the abstract and a death certificate for Mr Twopper's deceased first wife.

8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Just imagine, unshowered, pants-shitting Lacey in your reception area. There is not enough Febreze in the WORLD.

Did they not stop after that experience and spend a night at a hotel since I think they were still in Utah.   Where are they from?