Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Lacey's Journey

• Start Topic

I watched the show, then read the live chat-- all 16 pages-- with much glee.
This is a classic, but the listing of greatest hits must include James K., and his Lisa.
Remember that Dr. Now called adult protective service on Lisa, to no avail.

• Love 3
On 12/2/2021 at 12:21 AM, non sequitur said:

Sharon was something else.

Michelle seemed staged, why would she take in some random to live with her husband and kids in a new place?

I figured the church (LDS?) grapevine put two struggling parishioners far from home in touch in hopes that together they could get their heads above water.  If the family was stuck living with family but a roommate would get them out of that, it could be attractive. Until they got a look at what it would look like and decided Aunt Jan's sofa wasn't so bad after all.

Lacey laid it on thick about talking to the Bishop, but she clearly doesn't wear the temple garments the others did so whether they're actively trying to bring her back to the faith or just being kind, I don't know.

• Love 3
On 12/3/2021 at 5:23 PM, PA SweetPea said:

Just to update, I did cancel it through Prime and went through the Discovery plus app and they're all there. Last season DP didn't want me to watch, this year it was Prime lol. Thanks for letting me know DP worked for you, I know I wasn't the only one who had trouble watching last season. 

The same happened to me when I subscribed to Showtime and HBO thru Amazon.  A lot of content wasn’t showing up on Amazon.  I downloaded the separate Showtime and HBO apps and signed on using Amazon as my provider and it worked fine.  All of the content is there on the apps. 

• Useful 1
On 12/5/2021 at 7:20 PM, kassa said:

I figured the church (LDS?) grapevine put two struggling parishioners far from home in touch in hopes that together they could get their heads above water.  If the family was stuck living with family but a roommate would get them out of that, it could be attractive. Until they got a look at what it would look like and decided Aunt Jan's sofa wasn't so bad after all.

Lacey laid it on thick about talking to the Bishop, but she clearly doesn't wear the temple garments the others did so whether they're actively trying to bring her back to the faith or just being kind, I don't know.

My guess is Michelle either figured out that Lacey would sponge off of them, and never leave, or they would have to move to Houston and support her there.     

Buying an airline ticket to Washington was the cheap way out, and it might not have been Michelle that paid for it.     I wouldn't be surprised if the church paid the air fare for her.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, kassa said:

Were they Mormons?  I didn't figure that out.  Were they really wearing garments?  There's no way Lacey was a practicing Mormon. 

• Love 1

Yes, Lacey was LDS, and so was the other lady Michelle, that rescued her.    

Yes, and I figure that all of the people who loaded the U-Haul and donated her big furniture in Washington were from her local stake (I think that's the term, if it isn't, then please correct me).   Lacey did say she could no longer attend church, so people still kept in touch with her, and helped her.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

The lady who accompanied her to Dr. Now's office had garments visible underneath her capris, and then Lacey started talking about her chats with "the Bishop" so I made an assumption.  

• Useful 8

Made me google 'temple garments'.  Even if they were available in Lacey's size, wearing them in Texas would be quite a challenge, and obese people tend to overheat easily...  I am not obese, but I tend to run hot, and I would be dead if I had to wear that underneath regular clothes in the summer heat unless I lived in the very northern Alaska or something like that.   

PS  Now I am curious about what Mormons wear to swim...   

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Made me google 'temple garments'.  Even if they were available in Lacey's size, wearing them in Texas would be quite a challenge, and obese people tend to overheat easily...  I am not obese, but I tend to run hot, and I would be dead if I had to wear that underneath regular clothes in the summer heat unless I lived in the very northern Alaska or something like that.   

PS  Now I am curious about what Mormons wear to swim...   

They're allowed to remove the garments for swimming, showering, and anything else that would get the garments wet, and during athletic events, when exercising. 

• Useful 5
On 12/5/2021 at 10:23 PM, nytonc said:

The same happened to me when I subscribed to Showtime and HBO thru Amazon.  A lot of content wasn’t showing up on Amazon.  I downloaded the separate Showtime and HBO apps and signed on using Amazon as my provider and it worked fine.  All of the content is there on the apps. 

I noticed some missing content on other services I used through Amazon, I never knew I could sign in on an app using Amazon as provider. Too late now but next time I go through Amazon when they offer special pricing, I'll do it that way if it's missing stuff. Thanks for the info!

• Love 1

I love watching this show, usually Saturday afternoons after my chores are done with a few adult beverages. I agree with the poster above said that she kinda looked like the fatter version of Danielle from 90 DF. I almost wished for this episode to continue on, like BB afterdark. The only other time I chuckled was that other Lacey who was so awful to everyone around her fell getting out of the van

image.png.acccbcc5f38735328a7e35ab90b1f56b.png 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I love watching this show, usually Saturday afternoons after my chores are done with a few adult beverages. I agree with the poster above said that she kinda looked like the fatter version of Danielle from 90 DF. I almost wished for this episode to continue on, like BB afterdark. The only other time I chuckled was that other Lacey who was so awful to everyone around her fell getting out of the van

image.png.acccbcc5f38735328a7e35ab90b1f56b.png 

and that was in the opening montage of one of the seasons! 😍  I always watched the intro because of her.

Wasn't that Maja who also fell while trying to get into a tiny car? another great moment.

• Love 5

I watched the supersized episode, and it was very enlightening.   It showed a lot more about the big fight, and some of the reasons that Sharon and Ricky were so angry at Lacey.         Lacey really used Ricky, and if Sharon hadn't intervened, then Lacey would have drained every cent from him.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm not even through the entire episode yet but this is one of my favorites.  I just got to the scene where Sharon dumped her at the gas station.  

I am still partial to Nicole and her merry Bunch o' Bastards.  Both episodes are the gifts that keep on giving.  Nicole having her blubber searched for drugs vs Lacey getting dumped at a gas station in the middle of nowhere.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I just rewatched this one and "eat and cry, eat and cry, eat and cry!" has got to be my favorite.  If I were her, I'd be crying after I shit my pants, but that's just me. 

OH! I was thinking about how small the restrooms in convenience stores are and wondered if they had to close the place down for a deep clean. 

He didn't even put those poopy pants into a plastic bag, he just carried them out bare handed!

Instead of Eat, Pray, Love hanging on the living room wall, it's Eat, Poop, Cry!

• LOL 10

I must have missed or forgotten that she went to college.  Why didn't she use that as an opportunity to change her life around?   She doesn't exactly sound intellectual, but she is no Schenee either.  She was also pretty at the time she started college, her face was still normal and not stretched over mounds of fat. 

Impressively lumpy butt in those tight shorts.  She should contemplate wearing dresses or loose-fitting tunics instead of blouses. 

$193 grocery bill?  How long would that last her?  I bet she is not exactly buying lobster, nice steaks, or expensive exotic fruit...   It looked like 1.5-2 carts worth of groceries?

Why did they bring all that luggage with them into their hotel room?  And why did they have so much anyway for a 10-day trip?  Did they have a dedicated medications suitcase and a dedicated snacks suitcase for Lacey?  

Bonus scene:  need to stop and stretch and get something to eat (of course!) because it's all too much.   Buy 3 plastic bags of snacks, apparently.  Pain-pain-more pain, 'food helps but it can only do so much at this point'.  It was supposed to be the 'didn't make it to the bathroom in time' scene but I didn't see how it was meaningfully different from the scene in the regular show except another argument between her and Sharon (or was it the same?  they had so much bleeping last time I can't exactly remember which time was which).   Ah, bonus scene is when she PEED herself.  That's the difference. *facepalm*

Sharon's facepalm should be meme-ified.  'She should stay off fast food for a while' - you don't say Ricky.  That while should be 'forever' but instead it's only until the nearest exit...

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 10

In the Shart scene, I guess it didn't dawn on Sharon (the sister driving) that the shart happened on her car seats, and her brother will be bringing back the dirty pants to sit and marinate in her car?  

I love that Ricky's shirt at the first Dr. Now appointment is orange and white stripes, like a What-a-Burger. 

So Lacey's on 30 medications a day for diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, neuropathy, and apparently everything else, and she's surprised when Dr. Now tells her that her body's failing? 

The only thing that surprised me about Sharon (Ricky the boyfriend's sister for newbies to this episode) going off on Lacey, is that it didn't happen on the first trip to Houston, but the second.   I'm guessing Sharon didn't see Lacey between trips, until she was guilted into towing the U-Haul to Houston.     I'm guessing since she's Ricky's POA, and probably payee, that she finally realized that Lacey wasn't doing anything about losing weight, except lightening Ricky's bank account.    It was obvious to me that Lacey lied about having an apartment, and since they called Ricky to say he was approved, that he was footing the bill for the apartment.     

After reading on here, about Ricky, it's easy to see how challenged he is.  He was an easy mark for Lacey. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

OMG Ricky didn't even put her soiled clothes in a bag or anything.  I am NOT wondering about him washing his hands after helping her in the bathroom... because we know they don't wash them before chomping into their drive-through meals right there in the car.

• Love 2
On 12/2/2021 at 5:35 AM, Chatty Cake said:

My husband thinks Sharon should drive all the pounders to Houston.

I’m watching the supersize episode and this just made me laugh out loud. I second your husband’s motion. We nominate Sharon for designated Uber XXXXL driver.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Of course she was 'easing' herself into the diet.   Hers is one of those fragile bodies that can't handle abrupt dietary changes.   But how is a college-educated person able to believe in ZERO calorie FLOUR tortillas? 

Watching her squirm in trying to find excuses for Dr. Now is fun.  But the way she sat scrunched up like that her face and neck would look extra-extra large even if she had, actually, lost weight.  Just like if I push my chin in just right, I can get a triple chin when in fact I only have one!

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 2

Drumsticks? If I’m bingeing at KFC, I’ll go for thighs, maybe breasts. 
Really good breakfast of zebra cakes and cheese puffs. Does she think she’s going to a magical place where that’s a good breakfast?

• Love 1

It's funny about her worrying about not setting out too late, yet not lifting a finger to help pack.  

I wonder if her friends were hugging her so gleefully when she was about to depart Washington because they were thinking 'thankfully we will never get roped into wiping her butt again!'.  If only they knew...

Her crying like that saying goodbye to Ricky's mother - whom she has only known for a couple months and she is only leaving to go to Houston, not to Australia - is either fake AF, or Lacey has major Mommy issues.  Pity she never got to work with Lola!

Ah, the priceless chicken-face maneuver. 

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 2

This will be different in tone...having just seen the epi, I don’t think Lacey is the only user here. She met him on a “dating site” probably for BBW or Feeders. She had a home where the guy could get away from his sister, have sex, and pass the empty days with someone. He felt needed and useful for once. Maybe he has some kink like fat, or “toilet”-related. I think his sister is hostile toward any woman he meets and never wants him to grow up. I believe she would threaten someone's life. 

Lacey made a yuge mistake to move to Houston before Dr. Now okayed it...fantasy of a geographic cure, a Texas Valhalla, and a white knight in the doctor. But she didn’t deserve to be dumped and abandoned and her keepsakes discarded. I had a substance-abusing parent crazy and vengeful like this. In Sharon's place, I would have made a U-turn, told everyone there will be no more talking inside the car, headed back to WA, put the stuff in storage, and taken her to the women’s shelter. At the least the hospital in TX should have done a psych evaluation or had her taken to a psych hospital. Getting her apartment back was the least-bad option; no one will last as a roommate. The smell alone must be terrible. I think she needs to be in a group home for disabled people (some places are for elderly and/or disabled). She can’t take care of herself. The eating is but one symptom of profound mental and physical illnesses. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I think that 'Eat and Cry' scene had some crazy editing - I didn't really get what precipitated the spat.  They either cut off the beginning or the middle, something about her not having an answer to the very likely scenario of Dr. Now not approving her for surgery.  

And then in two days Sharon learned about the missed appointment and all the delays and excuses and really flew off the handle.   She realized that Lacey has just been lying all along.

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 4

So it seems like Ricky offered Lacey's stuff to her if she wanted to ride with them in the truck to Houston to drop it off but she declined to get into the truck.  So I guess they wanted to just dump the U-Haul trailer before they drove back (to save money, I'm sure, and to make it easier for the long drive).  And then they just donated everything.  That makes more sense than them just dumping everything at Goodwill without warning.

• Love 1

I wish they didn't bleep out most of Sharon's speech.  It would be a lot more quotable.  'Eat and Cry' is good but not quite as good as 'Eat death, Lindsey!"

Again some crazy editing of the final break-up scene, not really clear how that went down.  It's like those annoying cropped pictures or videos that show only part of the story . I hate cherry-picking facts.

examples-media-truth-manipulation-5bd2d0

• Love 2

At the end, Lacey talking to Renee about moving to Houston with her was awful.  Lacey actually thought Renee (I hope I have the name right), would agree to getting a one bedroom, and with Renee taking almost nothing with her.   Let me guess who would get the bedroom, and who would get the couch?     Sharon wasn't wrong about Lacey using Ricky, Lacey uses everyone.  

The juicy part with the big fight is right about 1 hr 15 in, so you don't miss anything.    I was so ticked when Lacey ended getting an ambulance ride to the College Station/Bryant hospital and they found nothing really wrong, and she said they should have let her stay the night.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Am I the only one annoyed by people thinking they deserve success just because 'they worked hard'.  Even really hard work doesn't guarantee success, in fact, it's often inversely related.  If you are trying to figure out what's wrong with a broken furnace or what's the diagnosis for the patient or how to put a dress together in 5 minutes - good for you, you are smart.  If you run around in a lather and spend five hours on totally useless but physically exhausting tasks no one benefits.  It's so wrong that kids in school are taught to associate 'effort' with 'reward' instead of 'results'... 

• Love 5

I think Sharon is my hero. As rough as she is, and Lord knows I don’t want to spend 20 minutes with her, she cut through the bullshit and realized how much Lacey was taking advantage of her and her brother. 

• Love 7

Y'all..... did Lacey shit herself more than once on the first road trip to Houston???  I swear she said "I shit my pants" when she was getting out of the car.  Or did she say she pissed her pants?  I rewound and used closed captions and it read "[bleep]" for whatever word it was, so that wasn't entirely helpful.

Whatever she did in her pants, she didn't change her shorts....

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Hellga said:

Am I the only one annoyed by people thinking they deserve success just because 'they worked hard'.

I'm always annoyed by the ones who assume that all they have to do is make it to Houston and Dr. Now will magically make their fat disappear. 

I never bother to watch the Bonus episodes but last night I saw that Lacey's supersized episode was on and made an exception.  I do believe that a bonus (never before seen) scene showed that she did in fact have an "accident" before the No. 2 scene included in the original episode.  They also showed a scene of her saying her goodbyes to Ricky's family.  Oh boy, they are a crew for sure! 

• Love 2

On the bonus scenes, the first one she pissed her pants, and the second incident was the shart, she didn't change her pants after either one.  After the first accident, she came strolling back to the Yukon hand in hand with Ricky, and both had big bags from the convenience store. 

Lacey didn't get weighed in Washington, and get approval for Dr. Now to come back.   She lied about missed appointments, she had Ricky financing the apartment in Houston (that's why the apartment manager called him about the approval), she sat on her butt while those church people packed and loaded everything.    I bet Sharon and Ricky paid for everything for both trips, and I bet Ricky was on the hook for the apartment in Houston too.   

Also, there was more of the preliminary discussions before she called the police, and then Sharon and Rickey left her.    Sharon found out that Lacey had refused another  appointment with Dr. Now, Lacey said that airline tickets cost too much.  Then, Sharon brought up the fact that Lacey claimed she was broke, but was getting a lot of packages from online purchases.   

However, how much did the U-Haul, gas, whatever mechanical trouble that Sharon had to fix on the way, tremendous amounts of food, cost for the trip to Houston?    Lacey also lied about skipping other appointments with Dr. Now, and didn't mention that she hadn't lost enough weight to qualify for Dr. Now's program. 

Lacey lied about everything, and she was obviously using Ricky for his money.     That's why the apartment complex manager called him to say they were approved for the apartment, not Lacey.  Sharon didn't know, or was lied to about Lacey having an apartment in Houston too.    Then, when Ricky got the call from the apartment manager saying he was approved, it hit the fan.   I'm sure Sharon was paying for the entire trip, hotels, and Ricky only paid for the junk food they picked up at every stop, and Lacey paid for nothing.      Also, the check engine light was on during the second trip to Houston too, so that must be the car trouble. 

Also, Sharon did say she was going to take Lacey's stuff, and it would be at the U-Haul place for her to pick up.  Lacey could have arranged for Ricky and Sharon to store her stuff at U-Haul in Houston when they turned the trailer in, but she didn't.   Ricky asked her the next morning what she wanted to do about the trip, and her stuff.     

Opening the U-Haul door, and the Cheerios going all over was hysterical.   I'm guessing Sharon declined to pay for storage, and that's when everything was trashed or donated.     I wouldn't be surprised if Sharon and Ricky opened the U-Haul, put his stuff into the Tahoe, and left the rest for the U-Haul people to clear out.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

After seeing Lacey sitting on the side of the road with her luggage I have a request for anyone who is good with PhotoShop.  Take the picture of Steve Martin & John Candy sitting on the huge trunk while the rental car burns & superimpose Lacey doing the same.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

After seeing Lacey sitting on the side of the road with her luggage I have a request for anyone who is good with PhotoShop.  Take the picture of Steve Martin & John Candy sitting on the huge trunk while the rental car burns & superimpose Lacey doing the same.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

The photoshop person should put a huge bag of Cheerios falling everywhere in the picture too. 

Or Lacey digging into a bag of generic oat cereal, because you know they bought the giant plastic bag of the store brand.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
27 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The photoshop person should put a huge bag of Cheerios falling everywhere in the picture too. 

I will not rise to that challenge. (Looks for photos)

• LOL 4
On 12/9/2021 at 8:15 PM, Hellga said:

It was supposed to be the 'didn't make it to the bathroom in time' scene but I didn't see how it was meaningfully different from the scene in the regular show except another argument between her and Sharon (or was it the same? 

Ah, but in the bonus scene she peed in her pants, it the other one, she shit.
The other bonus scene was them saying goodbyes to Ricky's family, and they were all supportive and loving to her.
With how it ended, I can see why they cut that one out.

• Love 2