Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: My 234-lb Life

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers.  That means no media or social media that was published after the time that the episode was filmed. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, jonesy123 said:

I found it odd Jeanette had girls day out with grandma, and Ari to draw nude man, but didn't invite Jazz

Sadly, the point of the entire exercise was to provide Jeanette relief from the stress JAZZ causes her.

• Useful 1
On 12/3/2021 at 11:07 PM, JeanJean said:

It's very hard to change those scripts and default ways of living. And she's under so much pressure to be perfect -

-Jackie mentioned that “growing old is ugly” and just LOOK at the amount of over processed hair, wigs/extensions, makeup, plastic surgery, inappropriate-for-their-age clothing choices, etc. that Jackie and Jeanette engage in as role models to their daughters and granddaughters. Jazz’s pressure to pass combined with all that emphasis on womanly “perfection” is an incredibly hard “script” to change, thanks to her mom and Grandmom.  I  think it’s OUTSTANDING and kudos to Ari for obviously rejecting her mother and grandmother’s version of what “looks” feminine plus their extreme vanity- she always shows up with natural hair, minimal if any makeup and a casual, stylish age-appropriate bohemian vibe.

Edited by kicotan
Inclusion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12