Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E02: Four Wives, Three Fires

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

it’s one thing to sneak around online… sexting, sending embarrassing sexy voice mails, sending pics and personal information to a stranger but it’s a whole other level of stupidity to involve your teenage daughter by dragging her along on a date to meet the stranger at Disneyland

I never said it wasn't stupid!  LOL. 🤪

28 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t have a problem with Meri, she has already apologized to Kody and Mariah, she doesn’t need to walk around with a scarlet letter on her chest for the rest of her life. She did a stupid thing and got catfished which happens to lonely people every day unfortunately. Kody had abandoned her in favor of Robyn and she thought someone was showing her attention. She didn’t murder anyone and as far as I’m concerned she doesn’t need punishment, she needs a husband who actually loves her.

Amen!

• Love 19

Dying at Janelle's last comment: "when we don't get together often we lose sight of the whole" and the camera pans to this "hole" 🤣 😂 

3F50AE88-49F6-488F-BF29-0E68F13FF9E9.thumb.jpeg.744cdcc3d85af6c8afd954af50c8b064.jpeg

Ok another screenie, but on this land division, plan, why is Robyn's initial on every single property?

6E1E1F72-5E91-4629-8F44-F9716115398F.thumb.jpeg.5baa030af2624a397ad5d9cebea5e60a.jpeg

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6

Was it Gabe or Hunter who said Kody used to be all about "Freedom"?  I don't agree with their lax attitude about Covid rules, but they are correct that Kody, who was a gun dealer and Trumper, is acting out of character and Robyn is clearly in control.

When Kootie was pretending to work out to Pachelbel's Canon in Janelle's garage, it sounded like that was the first time she had seen him in 4-5 months. And Robyn freaking out that she didn't want a repeat of Sol & Areolablahblahblah's reaction to not being able to play with Truely at that birthday "party" in the front yard during birthday month (April 2020) also made it seem that there had been no visitations for 3-4 months.  Did Robyn keep her kids locked in the mansion for their 2020-2021 school year as well?

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I think you guys are all missing the point Robyn was trying to make about watching kids at the barbeque.

I think her point was that one of those 3 kids was Truely, and Christine was not helping at all. 

I'm not saying I agree with Robyn's point, but I do think it was designed to throw Christine under the bus, not that she just wanted to complain about watching her own kids. 

Robyn is always working her game, and it would do her no good to complain about watching her own kids, that would only make her look bad. Robyn wants to look good and make someone else look bad - so I think the point was "Look how Christine doesn't care a hoot about social distancing and doesn't watch Truely at all."

As a bonus, she gets to show Kody how "good" she was, how hard she tried, but what a mess it turned out to be and how they probably should never all get together again.

The Dark Queen does nothing without a reason.

Unfortunately this time it didn't work for Robyn. Truly was trying to play with Sol and Ari from a distance while they weren't. So this time Robyn just looked like a whiny mom.

I do see her using it as an excuse with Kody not to get together again.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

Didn't I read somewhere in this forum that they bought/leased a warehouse or something for doing their TH's? If yes, then why the heck didn't they have their family Thanksgiving/Christmas there? It should be large enough for them to spread out to keep somewhat distanced. 

I was laughing at them yelling at the kids to stay distanced when none of them were. If they wore masks, being outdoors and spreading anything would be even less of a factor. Why no masks? I would wear one even if I were filming.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Dying at Janelle's last comment: "when we don't get together often we lose sight of the whole" and the camera pans to this "hole" 🤣 😂 

3F50AE88-49F6-488F-BF29-0E68F13FF9E9.thumb.jpeg.744cdcc3d85af6c8afd954af50c8b064.jpeg

Ok another screenie, but on this land division, plan, why is Robyn's initial on every single property?

6E1E1F72-5E91-4629-8F44-F9716115398F.thumb.jpeg.5baa030af2624a397ad5d9cebea5e60a.jpeg

Good screen capture. It confirms what I thought about last week's map - it was not just a subdivision of one lot, it would require a complete change in all of the internal property lines. Not a simple or cheap change as it affects mortgage payments & property taxes.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Good screen capture. It confirms what I thought about last week's map - it was not just a subdivision of one lot, it would require a complete change in all of the internal property lines. Not a simple or cheap change as it affects mortgage payments & property taxes.

That's probably another sign this is simply episode fodder for TLC and that nothing will ever come out of it.  We're a year later and they still haven't done anything with the property except have Janelle live there for a few months in the RV, right?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

This. Meri talks a big game about being independent and strong, but she isn’t strong enough to go, even though she’s not wanted. 

Everyone keeps talking about them "going" somewhere. Kody doesn't even live with Meri. We're talking about blocking his cell phone number and possibly changing the password on her online banking account. That's about as much of a relationship as Meri and Kody have. It would be harder for me to separate from my cat. The only connection Meri has to Kody now other than Mariah is completely emotional on Meri's side. 

• Love 18
34 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Didn't I read somewhere in this forum that they bought/leased a warehouse or something for doing their TH's? If yes, then why the heck didn't they have their family Thanksgiving/Christmas there? It should be large enough for them to spread out to keep somewhat distanced. 

I was laughing at them yelling at the kids to stay distanced when none of them were. If they wore masks, being outdoors and spreading anything would be even less of a factor. Why no masks? I would wear one even if I were filming.

I have a feeling that it's more like a 10 x 12 unit in a storage facility, with draped walls, good lighting, and a few pieces of furniture to give the appearance of a room.  Given the Brown's delusions of grandiosity, a storage locker would become a warehouse.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
29 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I have a feeling that it's more like a 10 x 12 unit in a storage facility, with draped walls, good lighting, and a few pieces of furniture to give the appearance of a room.  Given the Brown's delusions of grandiosity, a storage locker would become a warehouse.

You're right, you're so right. I keep forgetting that logic, common sense and the truth aren't in the Browns' wheelhouse!

8 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Kody is essentially that little monkey from Outbreak. 

1583877472276-9044-576a.jpeg?crop=1xw:1x

Oh Robyn, Robyn Robyn. She is good at laying down the law, but letting Kody believe he is the House, Senate and President with overriding veto power all in one. He has yet to realize and perhaps never will, that the Brown family is living under Queen Robyn. It ain't a republic. Gabe gets it though! Christine is a few years too late, but thank goodness she finally got it. I like to think that Kody's attitude with regards to Ysabel's back surgery was the final straw. There is no doubt in my mind if that had been one of Robyn's kids, 6 weeks would not have been too long to be away from the rest of the family to accompany them to NJ. 

Robyn is really showing her ass this season though. First, last week with the don't tell Christine, I said no, just say no. And now this week, Kody being shown asking permission for their 2 anointed progeny to attend the Prairie Dog Plague BBQ - now with xtra plague. 

Respectfully, I don't think Robyn is capable of feeling guilt. That was just a smug flex (showing she has Kody by the short and curlies, as if there is any doubt) and something she felt comfortable doing knowing good and damn well that Kody barely tolerates Meri and is likely repulsed by her sexually. Plus, it cements an ally who isn't a threat and Meri is a cash cow with her MLM hustle. Robyn is a poor man's Littlefinger and let's face it the people she is 'manipulating' are more Shoots and Ladders than chess so it ain't exactly hard. 

Why is Robyn's neck as wide as her face?!? She should seriously get that looked at.

I actually don't blame the wives for not wanting to pack up and move back to Utah. Yes it would have made infinitely more sense to move to from LV to Utah instead of expensive ass Flagstaff, but they are there now and the kids seem to like it, especially Gabe who we all know was the most resistant to moving. However, I do think that sooner or later, the financial noose is gonna tighten around their necks and something will have to give. How long can they continue to pay the mortgage and tax on a property they aren't living on + Sobyn's mansion? 

Except the monkey had better hair! 

Robyn's growing her goiter to take focus off that chin. Chutes and ladders had me cackling!

Kody soooo wants to move, but he won't just say that and upset the Queen. Midlife crisis indeed. I'm glad Meri called that out in her TH's (without the Robyn part). Now that Gabe has a girlfriend and is settled again, let's really devastate that poor kid and uproot him anew. Do we have a pool yet for when they'll move the next time?

Meri seems less hangdog and desperate than she has in previous seasons, her sexual harassing comments regarding Kody aside. She's actually saying those things with a laugh or a tone that seems more sarcastic than serious.

I think this 'family' doesn't see each other except during filming.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Kody is essentially that little monkey from Outbreak. 

1583877472276-9044-576a.jpeg?crop=1xw:1x

Oh Robyn, Robyn Robyn. She is good at laying down the law, but letting Kody believe he is the House, Senate and President with overriding veto power all in one. He has yet to realize and perhaps never will, that the Brown family is living under Queen Robyn. It ain't a republic. Gabe gets it though! Christine is a few years too late, but thank goodness she finally got it. I like to think that Kody's attitude with regards to Ysabel's back surgery was the final straw. There is no doubt in my mind if that had been one of Robyn's kids, 6 weeks would not have been too long to be away from the rest of the family to accompany them to NJ. 

Robyn is really showing her ass this season though. First, last week with the don't tell Christine, I said no, just say no. And now this week, Kody being shown asking permission for their 2 anointed progeny to attend the Prairie Dog Plague BBQ - now with xtra plague. 

Respectfully, I don't think Robyn is capable of feeling guilt. That was just a smug flex (showing she has Kody by the short and curlies, as if there is any doubt) and something she felt comfortable doing knowing good and damn well that Kody barely tolerates Meri and is likely repulsed by her sexually. Plus, it cements an ally who isn't a threat and Meri is a cash cow with her MLM hustle. Robyn is a poor man's Littlefinger and let's face it the people she is 'manipulating' are more Chutes and Ladders than chess so it ain't exactly hard. 

Why is Robyn's neck as wide as her face?!? She should seriously get that looked at.

I actually don't blame the wives for not wanting to pack up and move back to Utah. Yes it would have made infinitely more sense to move to from LV to Utah instead of expensive ass Flagstaff, but they are there now and the kids seem to like it, especially Gabe who we all know was the most resistant to moving. However, I do think that sooner or later, the financial noose is gonna tighten around their necks and something will have to give. How long can they continue to pay the mortgage and tax on a property they aren't living on + Sobyn's mansion? 

Great post-- "poor man's Littlefinger" --nailed it. While the pandemic is a real and present danger, Robyn definitely weaponized it and Kody uses it as a convenient excuse to not do anything he does want to.

As for moving, I have a feeling it will be a moot point (except for Robyn et al). Gabe is of the age where he doesn't have to move, anyway. Janelle's youngest is 16? Only two more years and she may be off to college. Christine and Truely already have flown the coop. Meri is a non-factor and has her Utah property now. 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I believe Robyn “makes” Kody be nice to Meri because she feels guilty. Had it not been for Meri, Robyn would probably still be a single mother living in a double wide without heat and hot water. But thanks to Meri’s selflessness, she is legally wed and living in a mansion.

Probably the only time Meri really showed something like self-sacrifice and selflessness and look how that back-fired! Nope, she’s not gonna make that ‘mistake’ ever again! She really is beyond hope…

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t have a problem with Meri, she has already apologized to Kody and Mariah, she doesn’t need to walk around with a scarlet letter on her chest for the rest of her life. She did a stupid thing and got catfished which happens to lonely people every day unfortunately. Kody had abandoned her in favor of Robyn and she thought someone was showing her attention. She didn’t murder anyone and as far as I’m concerned she doesn’t need punishment, she needs a husband who actually loves her.

The constant moving talk is just boring at this point as is Robyn’s hand wringing that she might have to watch her own kids for once. Not sure I can picture Janelle as being a heavy metal or rapper fan, my guess is that Robyn thinks anything not Christian rock is shocking . I would love to see Janelle made up with her ripped tee shirt though!

She should move on then because Kody doesn’t. She can’t make him love her and he never will. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Probably the only time Meri really showed something like self-sacrifice and selflessness and look how that back-fired! Nope, she’s not gonna make that ‘mistake’ ever again! She really is beyond hope…

Don't forget, she did sacrifice her own fire pit, what a blow that must have been

• LOL 22
17 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Don't forget, she did sacrifice her own fire pit, what a blow that must have been

Hellbound here.  Kootie got another version of blow later on for following script and doing what Robyn dictates.

I'll see myself out.  

• LOL 17

Isn't Janelle morbidly obese?  Yeah, she is completely at risk for dying of COVID complications.  All of the others?  Not so much.  

I guess Kody likes them chubby; if he cares about Janelle, he shop;d not visit her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

She should move on then because Kody doesn’t. She can’t make him love her and he never will. 

Meri is her own worst enemy, if she’d own up to her participation in the catfish she’d gain a lot of sympathy plus it might open her eyes to just how lousy, useless and soul devouring it is for her own mental health to hang around waiting for Kody to love her, it’s never going to happen!

He’s made it crystal clear that he has ZERO interest in a romantic relationship with her and is content with just being platonic friends, nothing more!

It’s an unhealthy relationship and Meri is wasting precious time scrounging around on the floor gobbling scraps that fall from Robyns table.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Still laughing at AerolaEbola!  AROARa, that's perfect for Robyn Jr. the drama queen.

I hate that jackass more all the time, 

Don’t you mean jackwagon?🙄.    I think JW went to Meri’s to check her temperature (another annoying Brown term) hoping she would be in favor of a move to Utah.  If Christine and Meri wanted to move, he could have an argument to start loading up the U-Hauls. Kody wants another BIG MOVE to keep the wheels on this TLC train going, but this show was a train wreck at season 1.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

If Aurora or Brianna needed surgery Kody would have picked them up and carried them all the way to NY if need be. But his own daughter, Ysabel nope let her get there on her own. He wasn't going to go with his daughter. He even told Chrisine let her by herself. Yeah Kody you moron like a hospital is going  to let a minor sign herself in for surgery. Nothing Meri did can equal the evilness of Kody and Robyn in respect to how Kody treated Ysabel.

Yup! And the poor child was complaining about being in pain, but yet he was telling her to wait longer.  Contrast that with the coddling and babying of Robyn's daughter over a panic attack.

Anyone remember when Truely fell ill in LV and had to be hospitalized? I always suspected her sickness progressed so badly and so far was because she wasn't getting the attention she needed from the adults in her life.  The child was in acute kidney failure and was incredibly dehydrated. I was seething that episode.

On that note, I wonder who took care of Truely while Christine was away with Ysabel? Did one of the sister wives step up, you know which is supposed to be the biggest perks of that ply thug life? Janelle maybe because we know it ain't Meri or Sobyn.

• Useful 3
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Yup! And the poor child was complaining about being in pain, but yet he was telling her to wait longer.  Contrast that with the coddling and babying of Robyn's daughter over a panic attack.

Anyone remember when Truely fell ill in LV and had to be hospitalized? I always suspected her sickness progressed so badly and so far was because she wasn't getting the attention she needed from the adults in her life.  The child was in acute kidney failure and was incredibly dehydrated. I was seething that episode.

On that note, I wonder who took care of Truely while Christine was away with Ysabel? Did one of the sister wives step up, you know which is supposed to be the biggest perks of that ply thug life? Janelle maybe because we know it ain't Meri or Sobyn.

IIRC, Christine took Truely with her. I feel like she had some family there maybe and T stayed with them while Christine and Ysabel were at the hospital. I may not be right, but I seem to recall that as being the case. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Coldplay said:

Wow, what an episode! I haven't posted in a while, but this shitshow really made me mad tonight.

First of all, @Meri: Could you BE any more pathetic? (Read in your best Chandler voice). Seriously, the bitch is a borderline stalker at this point. She clearly still knows how to play the game, telling Krunchy that she has no desire to go back to Utah where her ONLY CHILD lives- she did that on purpose, hoping Christine would leave then if she says no to a move as well. And look at that, she did leave. I think Robyn and Meri are both on the "one down, two to go" path, will be interesting to see if they team up against Janelle at some point. They are both cunning and manipulative enough to do so.

Gabe was the voice of reason, he's always been calling his family out on their BS, and I looooove seeing the façade finally crumbling. It's getting more real every season, and I am here for it!

Also, on a side note, my heart was breaking for little Solomon- I honestly never understood why he gets referred to as "King Sol" (it bothers me, actually) when he appears to be a very kind, sensitive little boy. Him crying over not being able to play with Yours Truely was just sad- and didn't he cry over the exact same thing last season, too? 

Yes, he did. He's also over being on camera. He doesn't like it.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Coldplay said:

Also, on a side note, my heart was breaking for little Solomon- I honestly never understood why he gets referred to as "King Sol" (it bothers me, actually) when he appears to be a very kind, sensitive little boy. Him crying over not being able to play with Yours Truely was just sad- and didn't he cry over the exact same thing last season, too? 

I could totally be wrong, but I think the nickname was directed at Robyn, not really him, because of her status in Kody's eyes. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, waterytart said:

I could totally be wrong, but I think the nickname was directed at Robyn, not really him, because of her status in Kody's eyes. 

That makes sense then. Just been feeling bad for Solomon- he seems like a great kid.

• Love 8

August 2020… I had been back in the office for two months.   We worked remotely March through May 2020.  Things were mostly open in our state, with restrictions on number of people at events such as weddings and funerals. Kody and his crew would have been considered acceptable  numbers of people.  The get together was  outside.  It was summer and numbers were down in the summer.   The 3 young kids should have been allowed to play.  In fact, this entire group should have felt ok to mingle outside all along.    

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 3
  • Love 18
56 minutes ago, waterytart said:

I think the nickname King Sol was directed at Kody.  When Sol was a toddler hew was carried around on Kody's shoulder as if was some kind of trophy.  By contrast, Kody was never seen paying any attention to Truely, just a little older than Sol. 

It does seem unfair now as he seems to have turned out to be a very nice boy.

Just now, Sandy W said:

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 15
On 11/28/2021 at 9:31 PM, Tuxcat said:

I'm confused about people loving Gabe's truth bombs. This was four months into the pandemic. He was, like most college kids, exposing his family and didn't seem too concerned.  For all the truth about Robyn running the show, and maybe this not being about COVID, Gabe's nonchalant attitude did contribute to the continued spread in 2020 and the resultant, horrific winter surge.  Our university opened summer/fall 2020 and then promptly sent everyone back home due to cluster after cluster after cluster.

I don't like Kody, but at that stage in the pandemic it was reasonable to be irritated with those who decided to travel and visit whenever they wanted. 

My son goes to NAU where Gabe goes. Last year all classes except labs were remote. This year all is back to normal. During the remote year, students didn't go to class but that doesn't mean they didn't socialize. They did. My son says the parties were actually larger and more frequent than pre-COVID years.  They needed to be together for mental health reasons. He says everyone, he knows thousands of students,  got COVID, slight fever for a day to two, mild flu symptoms. No one was hospitalized or died. No one. We personally know two teens , not NAU students,  who took their lives because adequate mental health services were not available in Phoenix. They did of loneliness and lost hope. This was Gabe's experience in Flagstaff and at NAU  with COVID and why I think he believes Kody's "protocols" are not really about COVID. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 15
On 11/29/2021 at 12:38 AM, Pegasaurus said:

And then Janelle with the snakeskin print leggings, ratty black T-shirt & "German industrial rock" made me laugh despite the disturbing mental image. 

12 hours ago, lamadeleine said:

Robyn clutching her pearls over Janelle's heavy metal concert gear. Robyn, maybe you should stop worrying about other people's "heavy make-up"

The image that popped into my head was Jenelle the Juggalo....

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 1.19.47 AM.png

Edited by OldButHappy
  • LOL 7
17 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I was the only punk in my very rural Pennsylvanian family farming county in the 80s 🤣

My husband heard Janelle say that and he stopped and said "Really!!??" So...I kinda have to respect her a little bit now..."  Then listening to the Janelle/Gabe conversation he said ...well maybe not...

And a reminder about Gabe. He has pushed back against anything Janelle said or wanted and if her view was lax then his would have probably been highly cautious. He is one of those pushing against any and all things kids, and being smarter than all the adults put together means he can out argue and just push push push. Janelle once said that Kody was pushing her to have another baby and her response was she was afraid to "get another Gabe". She obviously caved and then had Savanah.

Haha, love it! I was the only punk in my small bavarian hometown, too. That phase didn't last for long though, but it was fun.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

My son goes to NAU where Gabe goes. Last year all classes except labs were remote. This year all is back to normal. During the remote year, students didn't go to class but that doesn't mean they didn't socialize. They did. My son says the parties were actually larger and more frequent than pre-COVID years.  They needed to be together for mental health reasons. He says everyone, he knows thousands of students,  got COVID, slight fever for a day to two, mild flu symptoms. No one was hospitalized or died. No one. We personally know two teens , not NAU students,  who took their lives because adequate mental health services were not available in Phoenix. They did of loneliness and lost hope. This was Gabe's experience in Flagstaff and at NAU  with COVID and why I think he believes Kody's "protocols" are not really about COVID. 

A lot of that was happening and no one wanted to talk about that—if you didn’t die from covid, it wasn’t as tragic. Las Vegas had a very high suicide rate amongst students—kids were being told “deal with it”, and that’s how many of them did (because, no doctor visits or preventative care). 

Not trying to make light of the pandemic (I’m triple vaccinated, know people who have died and a bit nervous about it myself it’s just that I see so many people “pushed aside” because their problems don’t seem to matter during the pandemic). I understand the family’s need for covid rules, but it seems inconsistent with an alterier motive—which is why I agree Kody’s protocols are not actual about covid. 

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Kody’s protocols are not actual about covid. 

Nor, as have others pointed out, did they make any sense. It's a shame that the virus wasn't a glowing purple color so that he could see that running from place to place, he was potentially picking it up at one house and taking it back to The Castle.  At the beginning of Covid, someone suggested that we rub some glitter on our hands and then watch how widespread the sparkles are, a good reminder of how easily things are spread around.

Kootie makes senseless rules just because he can.  He's a prophet, after all, with a direct conduit to his god. He's been "called" to issue idiotic edicts.

• Love 14