Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Love Is Love

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think Armando was saying in Mexico that having a biologically related child is more accepted, no matter how that's accomplished, than an adopted but not biologically related child.

Boy they must have a lot of orphanages.

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I wondered about that, too, and had looked it up recently. Ari came back to the US in August or September (remember her father said Avi was born in January and they hadn't seen him for 8 months?) and stayed about two months. The civil unrest seems to have really heated up in November, so that would coincide with the time she opted to go to Kenya instead. We saw them in Kenya celebrating Avi's first birthday so that must have been last January. I'll bet part of Ari's reluctance to go to Ethiopia is because she sees herself as a beautiful blonde American which would make her a prime target. 

Beautiful lol.

56 minutes ago, magemaud said:

He's an exterminator with a soft heart and doesn't want to injure or kill bugs. But I think he really wants to be a piano lounge player! 

I think he was just a door to door salesman for pest control services,  not the actual exterminator.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

They never married, just pretended to be married so the fertility clinic would accept them for IVF.  The plan all along was for Kenny to raise the kids himself.

it can vary from clinic to clinic.  Nowadays, I think most fertility clinics don't care, but back 25-30 years ago, when Kenny's kids were being conceived, there were fertility clinics that would only do in vitro for married couples.  

And Florida isn’t the most um progressive state.

• Useful 2

I think it was odd that Jenny did not inform her daughter about her wedding, that daughter flew to flipping India to make sure she was ok, when Jenny would go back to the US she slept on her couch, the daughter and her girlfriend were very supportive and last season she would talk to her often and Jenny did not even tell them about the wedding?  

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think it was odd that Jenny did not inform her daughter about her wedding, that daughter flew to flipping India to make sure she was ok, when Jenny would go back to the US she slept on her couch, the daughter and her girlfriend were very supportive and last season she would talk to her often and Jenny did not even tell them about the wedding?  

I can imagine being intensely paranoid about Sumit's parents finding out about the marriage and trying to stop it.  There is probably very-little-to-no chance Jenny's daughter could spill the beans, but why take that chance?

I was thinking about the temple they chose as well.  The other temples we have seen associated with the family were huge.  The temple where they held the marriage was tiny, and probably in some obscure place, to minimize the chance anyone they knew would see them or hear about the wedding and alert the parents.

• Love 8

Can I just give a shout-out to the officiant of Jenny and Sumit's wedding? He's been the coolest about their, let's say, non-traditional relationship and completely non-judgemental. You know what, shout out to all the officiants in this episodes, even the Turkish guy who seemed to think the exchanging of rings was a mild curiosity.

• Love 14

I absolutely LOVED Kenny and Armando's wedding. I thought the way they entered the venue, each walking down the side to illustrate their separate journeys, until they met at the arch, was beautiful. I, too, teared up when Kenny talked about the friends he'd lost and how the world has changed. I'm a little older than Kenny, and lost many friends in the 80s. I also have a few friends who have lived with HIV for 25 years, thanks to medical advances, and other than needing to take extra care to avoid infection, you'd never know they had the virus.

I fast-forwarded through Cory and Evelyn's segments. Never liked either of them.

Ari has such a punchable face, and she's such a manipulative little minx. Having been told it will help Bini's chances of success if she's present at the Embassy in Ethiopia, she decides to sabotage his interview by refusing to go. Awful woman.

I thought Steven and Alina's wedding was lovely, in the circumstances. They are an odd couple, him more so than her, but maybe they'll make it work. I think he'll find life in Russia much harder than he's probably expecting it to be, particularly with Alina's family around. Oh, and for anyone wondering, in Russia they wear the wedding rings on the right hand, which is why they didn't put them on their left hands.

I thought Jenny looked absolutely beautiful in her wedding sari, jewellery and makeup, and Sumit looked so very happy when he first set eyes on her. I really hope Jenny doesn't get hurt. We all want to be loved, I'm Jenny's age and doubt I'll ever find love again, so I wish her the very best of luck.

Edited by essexjan
  • Love 17

I can envision trying to satisfy Jenne's emotional needs with a "spiritual" wedding ceremony, but I thought the first priority was to solve her visa situation.  It would be extremely cruel of Sumit to trick her.

And (excuse me for being naïve) but if Ari's objection to returning to Ethiopia is civil unrest, why not just say so?

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, kirklandia said:

And (excuse me for being naïve) but if Ari's objection to returning to Ethiopia is civil unrest, why not just say so?

Because then she wouldn't be seen as fearless and adventurous 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She could have and TLC chose not to air it.  

• Love 8
18 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Regarding a Happily Ever After gig...

I would be really interested to see how things go for Steven and Alina.  Will she give him the boot after getting to know him better?  Will she have a fabulous modeling career in Russia, and leave him and his pre-nup (which is probably only written to protect him) in the dust?

I feel like if you sign up for any 90 Day franchise and then agree to do another one, you have discovered a cash cow and the audience will never truly know what the status of your relationship is. You are getting the $$ so you'll keep the relationship going as long as possible. Have we ever had one that broke up? Well, besides ColTee and his hoochie. But they even parlayed that into more time on TV. Don't embarrass me too bad but who has broken up for good after appearing on more than one season or version of these shows??

• Love 3

OK, I'll admit it:  That wedding between Armando & Kenny melted my cold, dark heart.

I'll still never understand how Kenny wasn't able to find a cute, adorable guy in all of Florida.  There have to be literally hundreds, or thousands, of options, of great guys who want the same monogamous relationship.  Also in a similar age range, so the children/adoption issue wouldn't come up.  

The older man/younger man thing must speak to a part of him much larger than the simple attraction:  the fact that he can help Armando walk through the difficulties of coming out in an environment that doesn't accept them must help Kenny process his own past.  

Either way, I do love them together, and it was so heartwarming to see them kiss, dance, and love on each other, with literally everyone (including Armando's father) celebrate.

As for all the other couples?  Nope.  Not one do I believe in.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, MamaGee said:

I feel like if you sign up for any 90 Day franchise and then agree to do another one, you have discovered a cash cow and the audience will never truly know what the status of your relationship is. You are getting the $$ so you'll keep the relationship going as long as possible. Have we ever had one that broke up? Well, besides ColTee and his hoochie. But they even parlayed that into more time on TV. Don't embarrass me too bad but who has broken up for good after appearing on more than one season or version of these shows??

I don't get wanting to be on tv - I don't want to be on a security camera at Target, lol!  And I am not on the run from the law......or am I???

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Who knows what is really going on in these relationships?  There is so much manufactured drama for the sake of the storyline.

But honestly, who cares?  We are being entertained.  We watch the show, come here and comment/snark, and look forward to the next installment.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Boston said:

I told you  SteVan  was the clone of (Chris Elliott).. Peter from Everybody Loves Raymond and this clinches it.. the friggin CATS

image.png

Yea I kind of see that, but for me it’s more of a Martin Short vibe. First time I saw SteVan my mind immediately went to Martin Short and the dorky unattractive roles he used to play and I literally shuddered thinking of poor Alina having to crawl under the covers with that cretin. Fortunately for him, Alina most likely has never seen one of those stupid movies.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Yea I kind of see that, but for me it’s more of a Martin Short vibe. First time I saw SteVan my mind immediately went to Martin Short and the dorky unattractive roles he used to play and I literally shuddered thinking of poor Alina having to crawl under the covers with that cretin. Fortunately for him, Alina most likely has never seen one of those stupid movies.

I see that TOO!

15 hours ago, greekmom said:

She could have and TLC chose not to air it.  

Or pay for it!

3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

OK, I'll admit it:  That wedding between Armando & Kenny melted my cold, dark heart.

I'll still never understand how Kenny wasn't able to find a cute, adorable guy in all of Florida.  There have to be literally hundreds, or thousands, of options, of great guys who want the same monogamous relationship.  Also in a similar age range, so the children/adoption issue wouldn't come up.  

The older man/younger man thing must speak to a part of him much larger than the simple attraction:  the fact that he can help Armando walk through the difficulties of coming out in an environment that doesn't accept them must help Kenny process his own past.  

Either way, I do love them together, and it was so heartwarming to see them kiss, dance, and love on each other, with literally everyone (including Armando's father) celebrate.

As for all the other couples?  Nope.  Not one do I believe in.

The heart wants what the heart wants!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Maybe all that crying put them off? I mean the man does sob alot

• LOL 10
On 11/28/2021 at 8:07 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

So Steven can take his grimy broke missionary ass and shove that prenup up his ass.  I think the cats would approve.

I'm confused, @MRSHANSON. You describe the reasons a prenup makes sense, then says Steven can shove his prenup...???

(I have seen examples of what you discussed- it happened to my mother with the house and the surviving adult child).

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

I'm confused, @MRSHANSON. You describe the reasons a prenup makes sense, then says Steven can shove his prenup...???

(I have seen examples of what you discussed- it happened to my mother with the house and the surviving adult child).

Maybe I should be more clear:  I should have said a prenup makes no sense for them, they are young, broke, plus, as I said earlier, as far as we know both did not have separate counsel.  He probably tried to write in custody requests if there are kids (please Allina don't breed with this weirdo!)

I fully support his shoving something up his ass, though.  In front of Cow Cat.

I think the Jenny Sumit wedding was supposed to be the big shocker as we saw him dragging his feet.  But to me, it was like who the hell cares that Damp Hair Unemployed Snaggletooth and Droopy Dog got married?  It is 90 Day Fiance, not 900 Day Fiance.  I would not want to sit next to either of them at a bbq.  Total bores.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

The manic Ed Grimley character

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

If this is the end of the road for Jenny and Sumit as 90 Day Fiances, that's alright by me. I just want to say thanks for all of the great drama over the past three years. Their story line has consistently delivered on the massive twists and basically carried this entire season. From Sumit catfishing Jenny, Sumit revealing he was married, to it being revealed Jenny was pretending to be friends with his Mom while secretly banging him 10 years before, that his parents were a bit more reasonable, to Jenny trying to sneak an extension by joining "scamming" the Hare Krishna, to Sumit's mom trash talking her, Sumit's mom's unwavering hatred, Sumit's parents doing the nasty nasal floss (probably the nastiest thing I've ever seen on television), and Sumit getting cold feet and canceling with the attorney after beating all the obstacles - it was a great storyline, one of the best in the series.

What everyone wants at their wedding: a bunch of distressed cats. I felt bad for those cats. They did not seem like they wanted to be there.

I’m not sure if this came up in the live thread or the episode thread, but I noticed Armando’s dad is wearing the champagne color of the wedding party. To me, this means he knew all along he was coming, and this whole thing was a TLC storyline. I do think Kenny and Armando are really cute and that TLC has to create drama.

My husband turned to me after seeing the Before the 90 Days commercial and said “I wish they’d give us a week off before jumping straight in to a new season.” And I snapped on him. It was that very moment I realized I have a problem. This is why I am addicted to this series! How they just keep pumping out seasons with no weeks off. TLC and Sharp never rest, they work so mach work!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

If this is the end of the road for Jenny and Sumit as 90 Day Fiances, that's alright by me. I just want to say thanks for all of the great drama over the past three years. Their story line has consistently delivered on the massive twists and basically carried this entire season. From Sumit catfishing Jenny, Sumit revealing he was married, to it being revealed Jenny was pretending to be friends with his Mom while secretly banging him 10 years before, that his parents were a bit more reasonable, to Jenny trying to sneak an extension by joining "scamming" the Hare Krishna, to Sumit's mom trash talking her, Sumit's mom's unwavering hatred, Sumit's parents doing the nasty nasal floss (probably the nastiest thing I've ever seen on television), and Sumit getting cold feet and canceling with the attorney after beating all the obstacles - it was a great storyline, one of the best in the series.

What everyone wants at their wedding: a bunch of distressed cats. I felt bad for those cats. They did not seem like they wanted to be there.

I’m not sure if this came up in the live thread or the episode thread, but I noticed Armando’s dad is wearing the champagne color of the wedding party. To me, this means he knew all along he was coming, and this whole thing was a TLC storyline. I do think Kenny and Armando are really cute and that TLC has to create drama.

My husband turned to me after seeing the Before the 90 Days commercial and said “I wish they’d give us a week off before jumping straight in to a new season.” And I snapped on him. It was that very moment I realized I have a problem. This is why I am addicted to this series! How they just keep pumping out seasons with no weeks off. TLC and Sharp never rest, they work so mach work!

Sharp has a similar assembly line with WeTV and the Love After Lockup shows.  It’s pretty much year round.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I'm probably being superficial, but I hope Jenny learned (as I did for myself) what some makeup and hair styling can do for an older gal--especially if she has a much-younger husband or BF (I'm single) or just wants to make the most of her assets. So mach better, e.g., with her hair neatly pulled back and wearing some jewelry close to her face. And there's nothing like inner happiness for beauty. Jenny always has done well herself choosing Indian clothing.

I hope the wedding's for real and not SumMeat's latest scam. Someone got to him for that about-face to happen, maybe Neeraj or the astrologer...but is it for real? I couldn't help wishing Jenny had walked out on him years ago and held fast to her guns to not return or interact with him except if he took steps to marry her and would put their marriage ahead of his parents. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 5
On 12/1/2021 at 12:22 PM, greekmom said:

Plus all of his clingy adult offspring - maybe Kenny consciously or not wanted to move away from that.  I’m hesitant though about Armando with Kenny.  Really because of sweet little Hannah.  Her mother has died and now Armando has moved her away from all of the family who were helping to raise her.  I can’t help it, I just think Kenny, with his whole gang and grandchildren, is too old for Armando.

The age difference of Jenny and Stupit doesn’t bother me because he has no kids to be affected and Jenny’s are fine without her.  Maybe his mother will lose interest in their marriage now that she has a grandchild to dote over. 

• Love 3

I was wondering about Indian families...

I know it is a patriarchal system, and if Papa Sumit is the head of the family, his wife would have high status.

But what if Sumit's father dies, and as oldest son technically Sumit would become head of the family.  Would Jenny, as Sumit's wife, outrank Mama Sumit?

Or am I way off base here?  I really don't know much about this.

• Useful 1

Spoiler

Someone claiming to be a relative of Steven’s has been on Reddit.  They haven’t given a lot of information although they said to ask any questions. This person did say that Steven had inherited a little bit of money and even gave an amount. Not a lot but a little bit.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 12/1/2021 at 10:38 AM, treeofdreams said:

But honestly, who cares?  We are being entertained.  We watch the show, come here and comment/snark, and look forward to the next installment.

And I am always down for feeling morally superior to others!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

I was wondering about Indian families...

I know it is a patriarchal system, and if Papa Sumit is the head of the family, his wife would have high status.

But what if Sumit's father dies, and as oldest son technically Sumit would become head of the family.  Would Jenny, as Sumit's wife, outrank Mama Sumit?

Or am I way off base here?  I really don't know much about this.

I don't know much about this at all, however... It is a patriarchal system. Therefore, shouldn't Sumit be the head of his household (he and Jenny) at the very least? Isn't he supposed to be the breadwinner? He brings nothing monetarily into his own household. I can't imagine that garners much respect?

Maybe that's why he wants to live with his parents. He wouldn't be seen as head of household then, his dad would. So Sumit wouldn't need to be responsible for anything and that's his preferred way of living it seems. 

I dunno. Forgive my ramblings on a Friday morning....

15 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

I am just wondering, if this would be true, if this is the real reason that Mama is freaking out - the idea that Jenny would outrank her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

I am just wondering, if this would be true, if this is the real reason that Mama is freaking out - the idea that Jenny would outrank her.

But if he had a young wife who outranked her wouldn’t that be even more odd?

36 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yes, but that is within the norm of Indian society.

Jenny is an American, a lousy housekeeper and cook, can't speak Hindi, doesn't follow Indian traditions, doesn't accept the parental authority that is part of those traditions, and is much older than Sumit.  They don't want her as a  wife for Sumit, but it would be adding insult to injury if she were to outrank Mama.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 5
On 11/30/2021 at 9:25 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Hahaha, you are adorable! If 20 year old recently unemployed door to door exterminator Steven spent 5 minutes in college I will cheerfully eat an automobile of your choosing on national television. Alina will get a job while Steven tries to launch his career as a DJ, count on it. 

Spoiler

SteVen was 25.  Alina was 19 or 20.

There are strong internet rumors that SteVen actually has an MPA from Penn State.

Edited by Grifter Lives
20 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think that’s the natural order of things for that traditional society.  Not ranking so much as passing the role on to a young strong family-oriented woman who will be able to focus on the new and the old generation.

Why would Stupit’s mother want an older woman who might end up needing to be taken care of by her mother-in-law?  Is Jenny even younger than she is?

• Love 1
On 11/30/2021 at 2:42 PM, essexjan said:

I absolutely LOVED Kenny and Armando's wedding. I thought the way they entered the venue, each walking down the side to illustrate their separate journeys, until they met at the arch, was beautiful. I, too, teared up when Kenny talked about the friends he'd lost and how the world has changed. I'm a little older than Kenny, and lost many friends in the 80s. I also have a few friends who have lived with HIV for 25 years, thanks to medical advances, and other than needing to take extra care to avoid infection, you'd never know they had the virus.

I fast-forwarded through Cory and Evelyn's segments. Never liked either of them.

Ari has such a punchable face, and she's such a manipulative little minx. Having been told it will help Bini's chances of success if she's present at the Embassy in Ethiopia, she decides to sabotage his interview by refusing to go. Awful woman.

I thought Steven and Alina's wedding was lovely, in the circumstances. They are an odd couple, him more so than her, but maybe they'll make it work. I think he'll find life in Russia much harder than he's probably expecting it to be, particularly with Alina's family around. Oh, and for anyone wondering, in Russia they wear the wedding rings on the right hand, which is why they didn't put them on their left hands.

I thought Jenny looked absolutely beautiful in her wedding sari, jewellery and makeup, and Sumit looked so very happy when he first set eyes on her. I really hope Jenny doesn't get hurt. We all want to be loved, I'm Jenny's age and doubt I'll ever find love again, so I wish her the very best of luck.

Yes, I think that Jenny just wanted to find love and security. But please don't say that you will never find love again, it will find you when you aren't even looking! I am getting ready to divorce after 41+ years of marriage, and am the same age. He has never loved me, has financially and emotionally abused me for all of these years and I really hope to be truly loved before I leave this earth. I just won't be accepting love from a man half my age, but I do understand how much she wanted to be loved and to feel secure in that love. I do hope it works out for them, I guess she will find out when she gets to be a lot older and will see how committed he is in taking care of a wife who is so much older than he is. Because our bodies do drastically change as we age, and I don't think that he fully understands how different she may be 20 years from now. I mean his own mother is younger than his wife is, so the only comparison I see that he may have with much older women is his grandmother at her age.  Only time will tell.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

My sister is 73, and getting married next year.  It happens!

That's amazing, I am so happy for her!! Thanks for giving me some much needed hope. When you have been mistreated for decades, it's so difficult to have that hope. I just don't want to have to die without ever being loved. But now I do have some hope:)

• Love 6
15 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

That's amazing, I am so happy for her!! Thanks for giving me some much needed hope. When you have been mistreated for decades, it's so difficult to have that hope. I just don't want to have to die without ever being loved. But now I do have some hope:)

Whatever voices may be inside your head from your marriage, telling you that you are unworthy or do not deserve to be happy, shout them down!  You are NOT unworthy of love and you DO deserve to be happy.

You are now free to find that love and happiness.  Trust in yourself.  

Blessings to you!

• Love 5

It might be that my 25-year wedding anniversary is in a week and I'm feeling hopeful/sappy, but I thought the weddings were great. OK, I FFd through EvilLynn and Corey and was (as usual) aghast at everything that SteVen did. 😂😂

Armando's dad became the real MVP like I thought he would. MamaMando was WOWZERS - that hair and makeup just turned her OUT. ❤️ Kenny and Armando looked like they had 2 or 3 costume changes throughout the night, and I really felt for Kenny as he was talking about his history as a gay man. I never thought that my LGBTQIA+ friends would be able to get married in my lifetime, and I have lost many friends to HIV/AIDS. I've lost others to suicide and drug overdoses as they grappled with their lives in the 70s, 80s, and 90s while their families, friends, and employers shunned them (and worse). It looked like Armando's dad was a little uncomfortable at the very end, but I would have been exhausted as well at the end of all of that. It was quite the party!

Jenny and Sumbitch deserve each other, but I felt happy for Jenny when she saw herself in her bridal dress in the hair and makeup. I loved the officiant at their wedding, and when she dragged her dress through the Brahmin's food I thought, "Jesus Christ I could absolutely see myself doing something like that" (I'm a klutz).

I absolutely hope that SteVen falls on his dumb asshole of a face because I just can't believe he's that abhorrent of a person. Alina is a complete fucking idiot, but there truly has to be something in her end game that's keeping her with him. Maybe the hope of US citizenship eventually, maybe being a mudle like others have suggested - who knows. If she's calculating then damn, she's got some serious long game play there because there is no way in HELL I could put up with SteVens fucking ridiculousness. I saw him on the preview for the Tell All and I just want to punch him in the face (and I'm not even close to being violent). That being said, Alina looked absolutely happy during the ceremony, so who knows what the hell is truly happening with her.

Anyway, I guess my takeaway on this in my mushy headspace is good for everyone who got married and is happy about it. Even Sumbitch really lightened up once he told the lawyer to pull the trigger on the paperwork. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Mazel, everyone!

• Love 5
On 12/1/2021 at 1:22 PM, greekmom said:

All that crying and his four horrible adult children would be daunting to many people. Kenny probably looked further afield to delay the inevitable--the moment when his BF met the Terrible Triplets. 

• Love 5
On 11/30/2021 at 3:48 PM, Dishin said:

Hi everyone! I posted a bunch over on TWOP, but until now have only lurked here. Time to join back in!

I wanted to ask if there are any Russian speakers out there? I took some classes years ago and have forgotten most of it, but still have some key words, so, my question is this:

During SteVen and Alina’s vows, the officiant asked basically, if SteVen would be her husband (can’t remember the exact wording) and he replied “ Ochen prevyet”.. um doesn’t that translate to “very hello”? And not “yes”?

I wonder if that is some kind of loophole that he will use to weasel out of the marriage later on, as he didn’t actually say “da”.

thoughts?

Glad to finally be back after years of lurking!

Sorry, I am way behind what frustrates me as I cannot live-time participate in these beloved forums. 😥 Huge change you will not read my comment but here I go:

I am not sure if your question was completely answered but SteVen answered in Turkish, as did Alina. He said 'çok evet'. Çok = very and evet = yes, so "very yes"

Alina answered with a simple (and correct) "evet" though I wished she would have said "hayir". :)

• Useful 2