Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/29/2021

TheView
  • Start Topic

I like their current 4 or 5 person panel that they currently have. I wish they would leave it as is and bring in an occasional guest host if someone is missing or if they feel like they need a 5th host on certain days. 

I did lol about Joy and the air fryer. Maybe she can do a segment on recipes for the air fryer. 

• Love 7
On 11/30/2021 at 5:11 PM, After7Only said:

I still like her.   Although I kinda agree about your comment on her face 🙂.   She's smart and was very calm in how she tried to point out different points of view.   

I also kinda liked the author they had on.  Don't agree with him on a several of his points, but I understood and respect his point of view.  The topic was a bit too academic though for this show.   

For both of them, I felt like the panel were actually listening to each other as they had a conversation.   

If the guest was who I think it was, he had a  discussion  on a talk show  explaining  Trump’s  manner of speaking  and it was fascinating, like how he uses the same words all the time because he doesn't  know that many others.  Lol.      John Wortner, or something like that.  A professor I believe.  Very knowledgeable  in linguistics.  The race topic was a little harder to follow for me.  And he looked so angry all thru it, but a big smile at the end, like he really enjoed his time there.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, oceanview said:

If the guest was who I think it was, he had a  discussion  on a talk show  explaining  Trump’s  manner of speaking  and it was fascinating, like how he uses the same words all the time because he doesn't  know that many others.  Lol.      John Wortner, or something like that.  A professor I believe.  Very knowledgeable  in linguistics.  The race topic was a little harder to follow for me.  And he looked so angry all thru it, but a big smile at the end, like he really enjoed his time there.

Correction...His name is  John McWortner and I find him pretty interesting.   Think I saw him with Bill Maher once too

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Glad Kathy is doing so well but she really needs to calm down.

I will cut her some slack.  She did say after coming through cancer she feels like she has to enjoy life because it can be taken away very quickly.  I am glad to see she is working again.

20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

This is why I love Sunny flaws and all.  I loved her nuanced take on Abortion and what is going on at the Supreme court. 

She was right in saying what Amy Coney Barrett was saying was nonsense.  Talking about Safe Haven laws as if that is an alternative to abortion.   The issue isn't what happens after a pregnancy is carried to term but whether a pregnancy should be forced to be carried to term.

17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

She doesn't yell murder or infanticide. She respects her fellow hosts. 

If a former blond co host was still on the show this discussion would have been much different.  

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I like their current 4 or 5 person panel that they currently have. I wish they would leave it as is and bring in an occasional guest host if someone is missing or if they feel like they need a 5th host on certain days. 

I feel safe in saying I'm sure ABC will find a way to fuck up what seems to be working.  They seem hellbent on having the "conservative" point of view represented.  Neglecting to see that some of the existing co hosts do in fact have some conservative views.  

17 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I did lol about Joy and the air fryer. Maybe she can do a segment on recipes for the air fryer. 

It was funny that Joy has suddenly discovered air fryers. They have been around for awhile.

8 hours ago, geekburger said:

The Cuomo and Dr Oz discussions show much they need someone who doesn’t have “connections” to all these “celebs.”

Reminds me of when Barbara was there. She had connections to everyone.

• Love 8

Joy doesn’t know what CGI is?

I don’t know how Alec Baldwin can say he doesn’t feel guilty. Even though it was a horrible accident it was his hand that killed someone. That’s a terrible burden.  But to say “Eh, not my fault” doesn’t show much compassion for her family. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don’t know how Alec Baldwin can say he doesn’t feel guilty. Even though it was a horrible accident it was his hand that killed someone. That’s a terrible burden.  But to say “Eh, not my fault” doesn’t show much compassion for her family. 

Why did Alec Baldwin even do the interview?  I am surprised his attorneys let him do it.. 

• Love 8

Sara was kind of shut out of every conversation she tried to engage in.  It was the Sunny, America Ferrera, Ana show.  Then, she has the last segment and she’s dressed like Goldie Hawn during her Laugh In days.

Edited by Axie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I agree! Finally just a normal thing to bring up.

I'm so sick of Sunny saying "we were talking about xzy in our morning meeting or X and I were talking about that backstage."  She does that all the time. Sara still sounds scripted even though they are back in the studio.

Can they ever just talk about something for first time at the table?

• Love 1

bell!  bell!  bell!  Where's the frick'n bell?!  Ok was a fun ep despite the overscreech.  I know was/is a heated topic but would like to hear everyone's pov, just not all at the same time.

9 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I agree! Finally just a normal thing to bring up.

I'm so sick of Sunny saying "we were talking about xzy in our morning meeting or X and I were talking about that backstage."  She does that all the time. Sara still sounds scripted even though they are back in the studio.

Can they ever just talk about something for first time at the table?

I did like Sara's hair today.  I really like when she does a pulled back version, always looks good

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I feel safe in saying I'm sure ABC will find a way to fuck up what seems to be working.  They seem hellbent on having the "conservative" point of view represented.  Neglecting to see that some of the existing co hosts do in fact have some conservative views.  

Right.  They had a really interesting discussion on the border and immigration policy today between Ana, Sunny and America.   We really didn't need someone to interject talking points meant to disrupt actual conversation as the former 5th host loved to do.

I also noticed Mia Love will be back next week.  Guess they are narrowing down the list?   I don't remember being very excited about her during her first visit.   

30 minutes ago, Axie said:

Sara was kind of shut out of every conversation she tried to engage in.  It was the Sunny, America Ferrera, Ana show.  Then, she has the last segment and she’s dressed like Goldie Hawn during her Laugh In days.

Whoopi had to ring the bell earlier in the week to let Sara talk.   She's going to have to try some new things to get her points out.  I'm now realizing how much Sunny had been holding back these past few years.  She's not holding back at all now.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Best show this week. I've always loved Ferrera, so I was happy to see her at the table since they couldn't get a past co-host. One of the funniest episodes in a while, too, first with Joy's mixup with something Sunny needed to read and then her joke during the Rachael Ray interview. This is what I was saying Monday about how the interviews are better with Joy there even if she is unpredictable; Rachael Ray is not someone I give one iota of a crap about and yet it ended up being entertaining.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Best show this week. I've always loved Ferrera, so I was happy to see her at the table since they couldn't get a past co-host. One of the funniest episodes in a while, too, first with Joy's mixup with something Sunny needed to read and then her joke during the Rachael Ray interview. This is what I was saying Monday about how the interviews are better with Joy there even if she is unpredictable; Rachael Ray is not someone I give one iota of a crap about and yet it ended up being entertaining.

Yes! I really enjoyed today's show, and Joy was so funny. It wasn't an hour of fluff, nor was it an hour of tension or straight news. It was the perfect balance of substance and fun. I don't care for a lot of the topics where Whoopi goes into her valley girl voice either, but I always enjoy when the women discuss life, love, etc. I never heard of chuckle chaser, but it applies to me too. I LOVE to be around funny people. 

• Love 8

The immigration discussion was the view at its best. all 3 great at sparing and Joy was able to recognize her place as moderator despite being very opinionated. If Whoopi was moderating she would've ended it early and went on same incoherent rant about asylum policy that included 0 facts. Ana, Sunny and America had facts and quotes on hand. yet again Friday is the best show of the week every week.

Glad they picked this topic with America as host, I remember her calling out Kamala's disappointing immigration record so far a few months ago.

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Best show this week. I've always loved Ferrera, so I was happy to see her at the table since they couldn't get a past co-host. One of the funniest episodes in a while, too, first with Joy's mixup with something Sunny needed to read 

At least Joy recognized it couldn't be her line.  Whoopi would have read the whole thing even if it made no sense with her as the subject of it.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

Thank you Haleth; that was exactly my thought. It was my big issue when they discussed Kyle Rittenhouse when he was under oath and said "I did nothing wrong". Whether you believe you are at fault or not, I can't believe you don't feel guilt. I personally know a young lady (was 16 at the time) who was driving during an ice storm; slid on an icy patch over a bridge, car spun around, crashed, and one of her young friends was killed. To this day, some 17 years later, she feels guilt. I find it difficult to believe that if a life is lost, whether intentional or not, one does not feel guilt. I think of all of the people who speak of survivors' guilt. To simply say, no I feel no guilt, especially as quickly as Alec Baldwin said that, I just find that hard to believe. I feel like he was speaking as instructed by his lawyers, not from the heart. Sometimes it's simply better to just say nothing, not do any interviews, rather than speak in legalize which, frankly, just makes me feel somehow jaded and disheartened by his comments.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm thinking he said it because of upcoming civil lawsuit(s).  If he now says he's guilty or feels guilty, I'm assuming that could be used against him in the lawsuit.  

I also enjoyed today's show immensely.  I laughed out loud a couple of times at Joy's quips and I'm a person who rarely laughs out loud during a TV show. 

• Love 5
On 12/3/2021 at 11:13 AM, Haleth said:

Sara didn't know either! She was the one who brought it up!

She asked what it stood for before Joy said anything.

Edited by Rightside
12 hours ago, KicksandGiggles said:

Thank you Haleth; that was exactly my thought. It was my big issue when they discussed Kyle Rittenhouse when he was under oath and said "I did nothing wrong". Whether you believe you are at fault or not, I can't believe you don't feel guilt. I personally know a young lady (was 16 at the time) who was driving during an ice storm; slid on an icy patch over a bridge, car spun around, crashed, and one of her young friends was killed. To this day, some 17 years later, she feels guilt. I find it difficult to believe that if a life is lost, whether intentional or not, one does not feel guilt. I think of all of the people who speak of survivors' guilt. To simply say, no I feel no guilt, especially as quickly as Alec Baldwin said that, I just find that hard to believe. I feel like he was speaking as instructed by his lawyers, not from the heart. Sometimes it's simply better to just say nothing, not do any interviews, rather than speak in legalize which, frankly, just makes me feel somehow jaded and disheartened by his comments.

Yeah that was my take as well. Well put both of you.  I'm going to date myself here but do you remember back in the day (80s ACK) heh. Anyway that male model, Jon something i think.  But he was super goodlooking so they gave him a detective show and he was playing with a prop gun and put it to his temple and pulled the trigger.  Kept saying was totally safe.  Then was killed.  Brain dead. Then Brandon Lee, and forgive my ignorance but wasnt Bruce Lee also shot? Do not know nor if it was a prop gun.Sorry veered off onto history of the prop gun 101

• Love 4
17 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Rachael ray looks like Valerie bertinelli now. 

They do look like they could be sisters

On 12/2/2021 at 9:53 PM, oceanview said:

DDK.....Be still my heart.    And Tony Goldwyn, too!   I was happy

I know right!  Been a big fan ever since Lost

On 12/2/2021 at 1:17 PM, RealHousewife said:

lol @ Omarion variant

PoisedEmotionalEft-size_restricted.gif

First thing i thought of was Oma$osa variant lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Rightside said:

Sara didn't know either! She was the one who brought it up!

She asked what it stood for before Joy said anything.

They may just go by special effects. 

2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Yeah that was my take as well. Well put both of you.  I'm going to date myself here but do you remember back in the day (80s ACK) heh. Anyway that male model, Jon something i think.  But he was super goodlooking so they gave him a detective show and he was playing with a prop gun and put it to his temple and pulled the trigger.  Kept saying was totally safe.  Then was killed.  Brain dead. Then Brandon Lee, and forgive my ignorance but wasnt Bruce Lee also shot? Do not know nor if it was a prop gun.Sorry veered off onto history of the prop gun 101

I heard about Jon-Erik Hexum on here. He was breathtakingly gorgeous, such a tragedy. I've heard about Brandon Lee, not sure if Bruce was shot. Even if these instances are few and far between, they should be zero. Life >>> movies.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I heard about Jon-Erik Hexum on here. He was breathtakingly gorgeous, such a tragedy. I've heard about Brandon Lee, not sure if Bruce was shot. Even if these instances are few and far between, they should be zero. Life >>> movies.

On July 20, 1973, the actor and martial-arts expert Bruce Lee dies in Hong Kong at age 32 from a brain edema possibly caused by a reaction to a prescription painkiller.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm thinking he said it because of upcoming civil lawsuit(s).  If he now says he's guilty or feels guilty, I'm assuming that could be used against him in the lawsuit.  

I also enjoyed today's show immensely.  I laughed out loud a couple of times at Joy's quips and I'm a person who rarely laughs out loud during a TV show. 

Exactly! Prosecutors will replay the scene and say, "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, as you see here, Alec Baldwin feels guilt over causing Ms. Hutchins' death. He feels guilt because he is guilty!"

I agree. He shouldn't have done an interview.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

They may just go by special effects. 

Oh ok, i didn't see it on here or wouldn't have brought it up again.  I totally agree on zero.  Bruce was Brandon's father and famous martial artist.  I dont know a lot about him either, but thought i remembered when Brandon was killed, the media tying it Bruce.  Or could just be because they were both killed on set, who knows.

20 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

On July 20, 1973, the actor and martial-arts expert Bruce Lee dies in Hong Kong at age 32 from a brain edema possibly caused by a reaction to a prescription painkiller.

Oh wow.  Thanks for the look-up Medicine Crow.  32! Holy smokes,so young 

• Love 2