Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: In The Dark

That locker was standard size when viewed from outside, but now it is really wide and the sides are bent.  How did the door close, let alone lockif it was in that condition ?  All Sam did was pop the lock on the locker, how did it get all bent out of shape and widened ?

If the rear of the locker was closed up like a normal locker would be until Lyle punched through the rear of it, how did all that shit get down there ?  Oh, that's because it's part of the basement that no one knew about, that then leads into THE TUNNEL.

Junior really is the stupidest -- oh look, Mom's journal just sitting there, let me fall for this trap.

Big Jim, just recently spared a life sentence in jail for mass murder, decides to continue to be as big a dick as ever.

The TUNNEL that no one knew about obviously leads to the cement plant.  Sure, Rebecca.  Sure it does.  Only it doesn't.

And a windmill will solve the problem with the sandstorm -- bloody hell, that is stupid.  Way to go Rebecca.  And the nonsense with the sand blocking the air into the dome still sounds as stupid as ever.

Where did the sandstorm come from, let alone where did the sand in the sandstorm come from ?  There are no deserts nearby, and it just rained the other day (albeit red acidic rain, but rain nonetheless).  You would think they were in the Sahara.  The CGI for that sandstorm is just awful -- no sand is getting on any of them while they are standing directly in the wind.  And why isn't there sand EVERYWHERE ?  It's all up and disappeared just like the acid rain had no lasting repercussions (dissolved paint, severe skin burns, damaged plants, etc. like it never happened). 

Where did the tower come from -- was that the radio tower ?  If so, when was the radio tower ever that close to the edge of the dome ?  How did they build that giant windmill so quickly ?  How did they get the water up that tower (because you would need a helluva pump) ?  Plus, they are only spraying a small section of the dome -- what about the rest of it ? 

Meanwhile, hanging out on the lake, Wonder twin powers, activate !! Correction, Scooby Doo gang powers, activate -- shape of an egg.  And Drownsie gets the egg back.

Barbie discovers Sam's scratches -- and the showdown begins. Sam admits he's on Team Lyle and he needs to kill all of the original Scooby Doo gang to bring down the dome.

Sam pulls a Peter Pan off the edge of the cliff in the tunnel.  I was expecting the Balrog to show up.

Meanwhile, Rebecca is building bombs under the school to clear the tunnel.  And being the idiots that they are, Rebecca and Julia leave all the leftover chemicals right next to the bomb.  What happens if it doesn't work and they need to build another bomb ? 

And the egg reveals the obelisk from Zenith when the Scooby Doo gang touches it.  Drownise recognizes it as from her hometown (despite the fact she has trouble remembering anything else, like where she's been for the past 26 years).

The stupidest show in TV continues to get stupider -- who knew that was even possible ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 10

One more thing to add to the long, long list of things that make this show dumb (I'm not even going to deal with instantly ending a major dust storm with a big humidifier): Implying that the only reason someone might want to teach is that she "screwed up [her] life." Hey show, some of us teach because we want to, not because we couldn't find anything better to do.

• Love 9

Skater Bro is back! Best character left on the show.

Dean Norris is clearly having a lot of fun twirling Big Jim's Mustache of Evil. But he needs a better fitting shirt. He was about to bust out of the one he was wearing.

• Love 4

A dust storm? Seriously, show, a dust storm in an enclosed space containing a lake, filled with people respirating moisture, and enclosed in a transparent dome that lets sunshine through to evaporate the lake? Sure, they fanwanked that the dome is semipermeable, but no way no how. 

Meanwhile, at the Sisterhood of the Traveling Explosives, Rebecca and Julia are sharing. 

Rebecca: I'm only a science teacher, not a Lockheed engineer [even though aeronautics is about the only engineering she hasn't attempted]. Believe me, I've come to terms with my limitations. 

Me: When the hell did that happen? 

So they set the explosives, blew stuff up real good, and then charged right in without anything over their mouths or noses, into a space magically cleared of dust. 

I really, really like Mrs. Grinnell (the woman who told Big Jim to put a sock in it, and who supplies the food), so I'm expecting her to die pretty soon. But why does anyone believe a word out of Big Jim's mouth? 

Speaking of dying, why the hell is Junior still alive? Couldn't Sam have killed him instead of Angie? Much more poignant to have Sam kill his dearly beloved nephew whom he hasn't seen since he was about six. 

• Love 1

...how'd they get the cockadoodie egg out of the cockadoodie lake?

Dome power?  Seems like Julia putting it there in the first place was a huge waste of time.

The town completely flip flopped in a single scene from hating to loving Jim, it's so easy to manipulate these fools.

Sam wanted to be off this show so badly that he ended his misery there.

The sporadic sand storm suddenly gets resolved with a windmill?  XD.

I really, really like Mrs. Grinnell (the woman who told Big Jim to put a sock in it, and who supplies the food), so I'm expecting her to die pretty soon. But why does anyone believe a word out of Big Jim's mouth?

She probably will soon, oh well.

Speaking of dying, why the hell is Junior still alive? Couldn't Sam have killed him instead of Angie? Much more poignant to have Sam kill his dearly beloved nephew whom he hasn't seen since he was about six.

So we can have more of his stupid family problems bs and shame we still get stuck with Joe/Norrie's love triangle bs, the dialogue was just laughably awful.

Edited by FAU
  • Love 4

You know, this show would be better if animated. It would be more believable. Also, every time I see the title, I sing it in my head to the tune of "Under the Boardwalk." I'm trying to write alternative lyrics for it, but I'm not getting anywhere. 

• Love 1

They're back!  Those fucking pink stars!  Those never fail to make me laugh.  Of all the silly stuff that happens on this show, those top the list.

So, by his own words, Sam did kill Angie after-all.  He still blamed Lyle for Melanie's death, but I'm not so sure of that.  Or his death either.  I really wouldn't be surprised if some magical shit happens, and he ends up not being dead.  Unless next week's episode begins with them repelling down that shaft and seeing his mangled body, I'm going to wait for his "surprising return."

Hey, the Stoner Guy is back!  And he was only there to almost get himself killed, and cause the townsfolk to just go back to Team Big Jim.  They really are just sheep, huh?  It's almost funny how easily he is playing their asses.

Melanie is basically the new four hand now.  Oh, great, I'm so glad they're bringing that whole thing up again.  Goofiest foursome ever.  Especially now that Joe and Norrie are back to "loving" each other again.  Seriously, between this and Julia being the Monarch, the Dome has horrible taste in human beings.

Julia and Rebecca team up and bicker, of course,  I usually don't automatically go there, but they were in each other's faces so many times, I was kind of wondering if they were just going to randomly hook-up.  Anything could happen on this show.

Did they even mention what happened to Sheriff DJ Phil?  Did he actually die last week or is he just rotting away in one of the cells?

• Love 3

Remember when they were in the boat? That's when they activated their Wonder Twin Powers

Yeah.  But it just showed the egg glowing and not rising out of the lake.  Did it rise out of the lake and I missed it?

Also, every time I see the title, I sing it in my head to the tune of "Under the Boardwalk." I'm trying to write alternative lyrics for it, but I'm not getting anywhere. 

I hear "Under the Sea" myself.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 1
Did they even mention what happened to Sheriff DJ Phil?  Did he actually die last week or is he just rotting away in one of the cells?

Not a single mention about ex-sheriff DJ Phil.  He's probably in a ditch somewhere covered in sand from the sandstorm.

• Love 5

You know, this show would be better if animated. It would be more believable. Also, every time I see the title, I sing it in my head to the tune of "Under the Boardwalk." I'm trying to write alternative lyrics for it, but I'm not getting anywhere.

That's because the dome won't let you, doncha know.

And it's a good thing too, because that would be kind of sacrilegious. I love that song.

Junior really is the stupidest -- oh look, Mom's journal just sitting there, let me fall for this trap.

Since they cut to a commercial at that point, I really wanted to see an animated Admiral Akbar in the corner of the screen saying, "It's a trap!"
  • Love 7

Wow, the citizens of Chester's Mill could outdo the ancient Egyptian pyramid builders any day.  Not only can they build anything you want extremely fast, they can do it when they should be running out of supplies.

This show can't go on much longer, surely?  Every time the dome starts acting like it might give the teen group an answer, it turns out to be a cryptic and useless clue such as the obelisk from Zenith.

• Love 1

Whose house was Joe in when he was knocking all the stuff off the wall/mantle? Why was there a big butterfly and postcards from other countries on the wall. How did the rest of the gang find him? I found that scene a bit confusing.

I think it was supposed to be Angie's stuff because she had a butterfly tattoo on her shoulder and collected travel-themed items like snow globes from different cities.  But where it was supposed to be I'm not sure.  I thought Joe and Angie's family's home collapsed a few episodes ago.

• Love 3

I think it was supposed to be Angie's stuff because she had a butterfly tattoo on her shoulder and collected travel-themed items like snow globes from different cities.  But where it was supposed to be I'm not sure.  I thought Joe and Angie's family's home collapsed a few episodes ago.

That was why I was confused. The magnet dome ripped their house apart.

• Love 2

That was why I was confused. The magnet dome ripped their house apart.

Me 3. Right before Joe storms out of Big Jim's, he asks why, if Norrie doesn't love him, is he staying at Big Jim's. It's like he's speaking for a writer who never saw the recent episode in which his house was destroyed.
  • Love 2

That's because "Under the Boardwalk" is too good a song for this dumb show.

I'm really only still watching out of curiosity at this point.  How dumb can it get? How enraged at its stupidity will Tara get in the recaps? Will the actors finally become so unable to speak their lines with straight faces that the production team is forced to use action figures to play out scenes?

• Love 2

Alright, DomeKids!  "Joe!  Norrie"  Are you in here?  JOE!  NORRIE!"   Oh. look, a painting.  Squirrel!

Lyle is quite the architect with that tunnel.  We might be able to use him on the high speed rail project in California.  And down in the tunnel; say boys, instead of a dick measuring contest, maybe you could have backtracked to find out why the two halves of the tunnel merged for no apparent reason?  And, even allowing for some exaggerated distance (~1/2 mile), that was a helluva lot of fuse to lay down from the rockfall all the way back to the locker.  And why does the school have coil full of ignitable fuse, anyway?  Must be some chemistry lab. 

Toxic Waffle???

These townspeople couldn't think their way out of a piss-soaked paper bag.  They deserve Jim.

• Love 3

This show can't go on much longer, surely?  Every time the dome starts acting like it might give the teen group an answer, it turns out to be a cryptic and useless clue such as the obelisk from Zenith.

Even the dome doesn't know wth it wants, the writers don't know and are just making stuff up.  The whole killing Jim thing was pointless, Julia 'protecting' the egg bs, etc.

• Love 1

That lady with the survivalist husband (Andrea) who's now stocking the diner must have immense stockpiles of food, even bigger than all that food in jars they showed in her house.  When Julia is talking to Big Jim on the upper floor of the diner, there is a chalkboard with today's specials -- Fried Shrimp, Salisbury Steak, Roast Beef, Fried Chicken, etc.

Considering they have minimal supplies of electricity (that's why there are candles at every table in the diner) since the Dome's magnetism fried most of the power generators, where are all the freezers with the supplies of shrimp, beef and chicken ?  In the secret room of the diner basement ? In Andrea's basement ?  Looking at the plates of food at the diner, they are still eating hearty meals with no cause or concern for running out of food (do these people have no brains at all ?).  I like that there has been no further mention of how the crops survived the acid rain (which should have burned or tainted the crops) or the sandstorm (which should have blown all the grain down and made it harder to harvest).

• Love 4
They're back!  Those fucking pink stars!  Those never fail to make me laugh.  Of all the silly stuff that happens on this show, those top the list.

And it's a looooooooooooong list.

So, by his own words, Sam did kill Angie after-all.  He still blamed Lyle for Melanie's death, but I'm not so sure of that.  Or his death either.  I really wouldn't be surprised if some magical shit happens, and he ends up not being dead.

Eddie Cahill probably stood at the edge of that hole and said, "I'm jumping, you can't stop me. I gotta get off this stupid show. I was on Friends, dammit! And CSI, FFS. My character is going to die and don't you dare bring [he leaps] hiiiimmm baaaaaaaaacccckkkk!" They just edited that part out.

Considering they have minimal supplies of electricity (that's why there are candles at every table in the diner)

Yes, they're burning candles during the day. Oy. More brain trust in action. Or inaction. Why isn't someone making candles in some little shop somewhere? Or is that being saved for another episode, where the dome suddenly gets dark (I know it happened once already, but I totally forgot the how and the why, as did the writers, I'm sure). Rebecca MacGyver-Nye will go to the stash of wax and candle-making supplies in the high school science lab and quickly show everyone how to make candles.

As for the food supply? Eh, it looks like this town that is big enough to warrant a hospital and a high school (which, in my experience, usually means a minimal population of 2000) has about 40 people, tops. That must have been one helluva parade over in Shelbyville, that 97% of the town went there. There's probably enough food there to last months. After that, who knows? Who cares? The dome will decide.

Or maybe they could, oh, I don't know, communicate with the hordes of people who must be on the other side of the dome, trying to figure out what it is, what to do about it. Or maybe say hi to their loved ones. Like Joe's parents wouldn't be clamouring out there, given their children are trapped inside. Jeez.

• Love 5
Or maybe they could, oh, I don't know, communicate with the hordes of people who must be on the other side of the dome, trying to figure out what it is, what to do about it. Or maybe say hi to their loved ones. Like Joe's parents wouldn't be clamouring out there, given their children are trapped inside. Jeez.

I would like to have seen someone in the US military (that have the Dome surrounded, by the way, complete with helicopters and giant banks of lights that no one inside the Dome can see) would have thought when they showed them building that giant windmill complete with the hose to wash down the dust off that one tiny section of the Dome.  If only to see them standing outside where there is no sandstorm and someone say "WTF are they doing ?"

• Love 2

Alright, DomeKids!  "Joe!  Norrie"  Are you in here?  JOE!  NORRIE!"   Oh. look, a painting.  Squirrel!

LOL!  "Squirrel!" should be the tagline for the whole show.

I watch this with a big grin on my face.  I think it's the ridiculous timeline that renders the unbearably stupid into silly fun. 

Today:  Sam killed Angie?  Wait, don't jump!

Earlier Today:  Lyle killed Angie!  Hunt him down!

Day before yesterday:  Drownsie wears shoes!  She killed Angie!  Shoot her where she sits!

A week ago last Tuesday, Angie was chained and drowning in the cellar.  Girl was living on borrowed time, but at least she got to stab/comfort/bludgeon Junior, protect the mini-dome, rescue Julia, activate the egg, survive the attack that killed Rose, experience multiple visions, attend the coronation of the Monarch, run a restaurant, meet dead people and mind meld with a magic locker before she went.  Sk8erboi should be so lucky.  Which reminds me, where's that dog? 

Squirrel!

Edited by candall
  • Love 3

So Sam was Tag on friends. I thought he looked familiar but what happened to his face? Does not look the same at all!

Nothing more to add. I just watch this show as I try to fall asleep. It's really quite ridiculous!

Hey, the Stoner Guy is back!  And he was only there to almost get himself killed, and cause the townsfolk to just go back to Team Big Jim.  They really are just sheep, huh?  It's almost funny how easily he is playing their asses.

I'm still steamed that Julia believed his nonsense about Barbie being in on the extermination plan. Julia, who knows better than most what Big Jim is capable of, not even giving Barbie (her husband-murdering long-term boyfriend of ten days) a chance to explain. I can sort of buy that many of the townspeople are prepared to believe him, given his long period of influence in the town, but Mrs. Grinnell? She stood up to him at his little meeting, but then believed what he said about Julia. I think Big Jim borrowed some glamoring powers from True Blood

Of all the many things that make no sense on this show, one that really bugs is the whole Four Hands thing. After most of the first season revolving around finding who the Four Hands and the Monarch were, now it seems as if pretty much anyone in the age group could be one of the Four Hands. Junior's related to two of the original four, but there's been nothing to suggest that Angie and Joe have any connection to them. Norrie certainly doesn't (unless that's some dramatic reveal coming up). 

So Sam was Tag on friends. I thought he looked familiar but what happened to his face?

That was 15 years ago; it's called aging. Men are allowed to do that. I actually don't think he looks that different, just older in a natural way.

That windmill was ridiculous. I don't mean the concept of it, which was just stupid, but that it was perfect, save for the convenient logos on the blades to show that it was jerry-rigged by feisty townfolk and didn't previously exist. 

And I just remembered that when Sam and Barbie went into the tunnel, one of them said that Lyle had been there and the other said, "How do you know?" The reply? "Footprints!" And sure enough, the camera pans to a perfect set of white shoe-shaped footprints leading down the tunnel. Wow - that was amateurish set design, if I ever saw it. They looked like something in a cartoon, perfect little shoe-shaped footsteps, and why were they whitish? Plus, just because there are footprints, how did they know they belonged to Lyle? Oy, this show.

Of all the many things that make no sense on this show, one that really bugs is the whole Four Hands thing.... Junior's related to two of the original four, but there's been nothing to suggest that Angie and Joe have any connection to them. Norrie certainly doesn't (unless that's some dramatic reveal coming up).

I'm guessing it will be revealed that the dome came down because Norrie arrived in town. She was an outside, after all, just passing through. The dome was waiting for all four hands to be together or some nonsense.

While I'm glad that skater boi is back, I thought it made him and all skater bois, by association, look stupid that he (of all people, considering he has asthma) just sashayed into the dust storm with a big ol' "dude's gotta skate, yo" attitude. Of course, someone with breathing challenges is not going to do well in a dust storm, dome or not. I'm sure an asthmatic knows that, but no. He's a boarder, so he's dumb. Hate that.

Edited by Shermie
  • Love 1

"I would like to have seen someone in the US military (that have the Dome surrounded, by the way, complete with helicopters and giant banks of lights that no one inside the Dome can see)"

I was under the impression that all the military pulled back and far away so they could drop MOAB on the Dome in order to try to crack it/bring it down. As far as I've seen, no military has set up a perimeter again. The shot that I saw at the end of the opening voice-over was from season 1, around the first couple of episodes.

I could've sworn that was a different actor playing Ben, our skateboard dude, but it is the same guy! Glad he is back, as we learned some things about him.

1) He's asthmatic

2) Dedicated to board time, so he has a hierarchy of needs

3) Due to #2, he should be the town crier, if they are, in fact, going medieval.

How long until the town wants to lynch Sheriff Barbie for the supposed murder of Sam, Big Jim's brother-in-law (who was shunned for being drunk and having made blahblah horrific accident cakes while drunk on his job as EMT*)? He of the Angie's Death suspect pool?

*Under normal conditions, yes, it would be horrible that such small-mindedness made things worse, but this is UTD. As I told DH last night that plot in this show is like the points on Whose Line Is It Anyway? : Doesn't matter, has no value.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 2

That was 15 years ago; it's called aging. Men are allowed to do that.

Men age faster under the dome, though.  Joe and Sk8erboi both hit puberty and had growth spurts--apparently last Thursday afternoon.

Plus, just because there are footprints, how did they know they belonged to Lyle?

Footprints are a highly refined science in Chester Mills.  See "Drownsie killed Angie!"

I'm guessing it will be revealed that the dome came down because Norrie arrived in town. She was an outside, after all, just passing through.

I'm going with Norrie's moms instead.  The love that dast not speak its name.

Of course, someone with breathing challenges is not going to do well in a dust storm, dome or not.

Was anyone else worried we'd have to revisit Plan A and "thin the herd" so there'd be enough air for the survivors?

Edited by candall
Fixing quote
  • Love 1

Dome power?  Seems like Julia putting it there in the first place was a huge waste of time.

The town completely flip flopped in a single scene from hating to loving Jim, it's so easy to manipulate these fools.

Sam wanted to be off this show so badly that he ended his misery there.

The sporadic sand storm suddenly gets resolved with a windmill?  XD.

She probably will soon, oh well.

So we can have more of his stupid family problems bs and shame we still get stuck with Joe/Norrie's love triangle bs, the dialogue was just laughably awful.

Exactly. It was SO bad I fell over laughing. And Big Jim? Man he is pathetic. Trying to get power at whatever cost.

• Love 1

By now I'm watching Under the Dome sheerly for the giggles (and each episode seems to try with all the writers' might to up the random factor to produce more giggles.

It was all the "Egg" dialogue of this episod that finally convinced me that this show is essentially a weird game of Simon Says, with ":Egg" replacing "Simon". I suspect the writers get together in a room in a high degree of inebriation with a big bowl of refrigerator magnet poetry (with lots of words like "pink", "Storm" "tunnel", some D&D polyhedral dice and a Magic 8-Ball and have at it, then add in occasional "Egg Says" instructions.

• Love 1

So Sam was Tag on friends. I thought he looked familiar but what happened to his face? Does not look the same at all!

Nothing more to add. I just watch this show as I try to fall asleep. It's really quite ridiculous!

Let us not forget that in the awesome movie MIRACLE, he was goalie Jim Craig. Oh, and for some reason my favorite line this episode was "I need to borrow your Prius". I don't know why, but it made me laugh.

• Love 2

Exactly. It was SO bad I fell over laughing. And Big Jim? Man he is pathetic. Trying to get power at whatever cost.

It really is and it's even more pathetic that this brain dead town is so easily won over in 1 scene no less.

• Love 2
Eddie Cahill probably stood at the edge of that hole and said, "I'm jumping, you can't stop me. I gotta get off this stupid show. I was on Friends, dammit! And CSI, FFS. My character is going to die and don't you dare bring [he leaps] hiiiimmm baaaaaaaaacccckkkk!" They just edited that part out.

So he borrowed the idea from Natalie Martinez, then, since I'm pretty sure that's what she did. Linda was supposed to jump out of the way but Martinez wouldn't budge...

I also am watching this show for the eyerolls and giggles. Norrie is becoming my hero, though, because sometimes she's saying exactly what I'm thinking: "Do you hit on literally everyone?"

• Love 4

If this didn't really happen, I'm sure he was thinking it during that scene. I recognized him from CSI NY, but did not realize he also played Tag in Friends. So I guess I can thank the Dome for making me aware of that factoid.

So he borrowed the idea from Natalie Martinez, then, since I'm pretty sure that's what she did. Linda was supposed to jump out of the way but Martinez wouldn't budge...

It was another 'Put me out of my misery' moment, both the actors of Angie and Linda got some drinks when they found out.

• Love 1
I also am watching this show for the eyerolls and giggles. Norrie is becoming my hero, though, because sometimes she's saying exactly what I'm thinking: "Do you hit on literally everyone?"

Norrie had a great point.  What is it with the flirty, kissy stuff and Melanie?  Is there a reason for this?  (Ha!) 

It seems to me that she uses flirting to try to manipulate people.  And she's all reunited with the egg now, the egg she was so into protecting 25 years ago when she died. 

Julia was all about protecting the egg by throwing it into the lake.  Melanie then pretty much immediately pops out of the lake, and works her way back with the other Hands to get the egg.  Maybe she's been acting all this time and knows exactly why she's there.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 2

Whose house was Joe in when he was knocking all the stuff off the wall/mantle? Why was there a big butterfly and postcards from other countries on the wall. How did the rest of the gang find him? I found that scene a bit confusing.

It was Angie's place, wasn't it? She was only staying at the house so Joe wouldn't be there alone.

Julia was all about protecting the egg by throwing it into the lake.  Melanie then pretty much immediately pops out of the lake, and works her way back with the other Hands to get the egg.  Maybe she's been acting all this time and knows exactly why she's there.

I can buy that; it would kind of explain her apologizing to dead Linda, too.

There's probably a huge net at the bottom of the pit and it's going to turn out that Sam is Dauntless and the Dome is actually part of the Divergent story. Veronica Roth will come in and write episodes of season 3 and Chester's Mill will magically become a suburb of Chicago.

• Love 2

It seems to me that early in the series, Joe determined that the dome was 10 miles across.  Barbie and Sam walk a half mile (their own estimation) and are confused that they haven't encountered the dome wall yet.  So, the school must be close to the dome wall - either the school was built quite a distance the town center - ridiculous for even this show - or the whole town is near the dome wall.  Okay, that seems to contradict other things we know about it location, but contradicting itself is one of the things this show is known for, so we will go with the town being near the wall.  Still, assuming that they were only a half mile from the dome wall when they started out,  how did they know they were walking toward the wall?   They were walking in a tunnel, which curved around, which would make is very difficult to keep track of which direction they were walking.

And they were so consumed with the notion that they should have hit the wall by now, that they never considered the thought that maybe, just maybe, the two tunnels connected together again - oh, no, it couldn't be that, Sam must have change tunnels and followed Barbie. Which leads me to - Hey, Barbie, if you are so sure that Sam is up to no good and may want to kill you, then, when you notice the scratch marks on Sam's shoulder, maybe you should wait until you are above ground, in broad daylight, with witnesses, before you let Sam know that you know what he did last Tuesday.

Speaking of Sam's scratch marks... they should have completely healed by now, considering how fast every other wound - including life-threatening gunshot wounds to the shoulder - heal on this show. These were scratch marks he got 5-6 days ago, but they look like they are still bleeding.

I love how the writers apparently realize that some of this stuff doesn't make sense, so they have some character in the scene say a line that is supposed to explain it all.  For instance, Junior and Sam go into the tunnel and realize that they are in the school basement.  The writers probably realized that most people would think there would be stairs to a basement, so why the need for a locker tunnel.  So they have Junior say "I didn't think the basement was under this part of the school."  Note that this line was not said by the science teacher, who know where the plans to everything are, who researches everything, and who has worked at the school for years.  Nope, we are supposed to believe that Junior sits around thinking about the exact location of the school's basement. 

Wow, the citizens of Chester's Mill could outdo the ancient Egyptian pyramid builders any day.  Not only can they build anything you want extremely fast, they can do it when they should be running out of supplies.

And built it in a dust storm! Good thing the high schoolers had already built the Eiffel Tower replica to hang the windmill from.   I like how school has all the bomb making supplies they could need, the survivalist's basement has enough food to feed all the townspeople for the foreseeable future, but they have to use random signs to make the windmill. 

Hey, wait a second, maybe the bottomless pit is actually the survivalist basement. 

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 1