Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: A Woman's Place Is In The War Effort

• Start Topic

Did they beam up to the Evil!Waverider in that last scene? It would be hilarious if they stole the Waverider and left the Robo!Dupes (duplicates) to change history.

Bishop gets a hero's death! Unfortunately he will probably come back in full douche mode. If they want to fix history, they have to replace Robo!Bishop with a Flesh!Bishop or he won't be able to clone himself (and I really want to see Robo!Bishop discovering that he actually is a robot).

Stopping Bishop from destroying the Waverider would eliminate the Legend's historical changes, but it would also eliminate Flesh!Gideon, so it's very unlikely.

Sorry about all of the Composite!Phrases, but there are duplicates of everything now and I'm trying to be clear.

And they forgot that Nate can deflect bullets. They could use him as a moving shield at the very least.

Edited by appositival
Forgot something

What a solid mid-season finale with an epic cliffhanger. I really love that this season has been about changing the timeline, but for the better. I believe that every time the Legends have willingly chosen to change the timeline, it's for good reasons. Or even accidentally, as Hoover's death even wasn't necessarily bad (bad for the timeline, but right idea). 

Astra taking charge was actually pretty great. I loved the women taking charge in the workforce while Behrad took charge on the homefront (kind of a funny parallel and reversal of roles, in a way). Though I wish Behrad would have a plot solely to himself without it being about another main character, at least him and Astra had a nice scene together to ask each other for advice. 

I totally get Astra's anger over the racism in that time, especially since she's been experiencing it throughout the season. I totally understand that building up to the point where she accidentally froze the racist boss for a few days. And I really liked her scenes with the factory worker. I think it was good for Astra to learn about caring for other people once she experienced it herself. And she really made some good change with her actions. 

I'm still cracking up at the Gwyn is John or Not John mentions. It's not overdone and it's still really funny. Plus, Zari 2.0 being the one to recognize who Gwyn looks like? They could have made her ALSO not recognize him, but I'm glad they did. It shows that she's also still very hurt by John's actions and departure (her shoving the cake into her mouth angrily was so funny). 

So, Bishop gets a redemption arc! And then dies by the hands of Robo Legends! Neat! But I am a little saddened by Bishop's death and he WILL be missed, in a way. And I didn't think I'd ever say that.

7B looks like it'll be great, 7A has been super strong, pretty much solidifying it in the top three for favourite seasons, so 7B better not let me down.

• Love 4

Fare thee well, Bishop who actually didn't suck for a bit.  While I'm still not wild about the character in general (especially if we get a return of the smug, robotic version somewhere down the line), I'm at least glad they let this version get a nice enough send-off.  Also liked them working in a few scenes with Zari 2.0., so that we could see Tala Ashe and Raffi Barsoumian play off one another.

Definitely heard about how women had to take over the workforce while most of the men were fighting in World War II, so it was interesting getting to see that explored.  Good episode for Astra/Olivia Swann especially.  Of course, this being the CW, all of the issues involving racism and sexism were heavy-handed, but I still feel like this show at least handles it a little better than others.  Sure, it can occasionally feel like being whacked by an anvil, but others (ahem, Supergirl) feel more like they are bludgeoning you to death with multiple ones, so I will take it!

Poor Gwyn realizing that there is actually going to be another World War after the supposed "War to End All Wars."  Yeah, humanity has some ways to go still, buddy.   Heh, Zari 2.0. notices the similarities between him and John, but no one else does (which now includes Nate, who think he looks closer to Rip.)  I'm highly amused by this gag.

More seeds for a potential Astra/Behrad romance is being planted.  And Gary/Gideon continues to be surprisingly charming.

I was actually wondering if the other Waverider was leading towards Robo Legends and it looks like it might be!  Should be fun to see these variations and how the actors play them.  Either way, looking forward to the next part of the season!

• Love 1

I enjoy this season, but, BUT the whole "lets help people even if we screw up the timeline, again and AGAIN" has become well.. really stupid.
It is not by accident or sloppiness as usual, it is mostly by choice. There was always this element of messing a bit with the timeline  and well I think we all just preferred to wink and not bother about it really, but this season it is out of control. 
I guess the writers decided to play with this side of the Legends, that at some point they have to finally deal with the consequences of their reckless behavior, but transforming them suddenly from people who are supposed to protect the timeline to people who do not give a dime about it, it is stupid and insulting for our heroes. It is not charming any more. And makes Sarah a terrible leader.
It even makes evil-Gideon be absolutely right wanting to eliminate them. I guess the end of the season will have a big Reset button for all this mess. 

• Love 1

Stupid work keeping me late and stupid CW for waiting a day to stream episodes.

The team goes to the mansion via an outhouse. 

They should have a shrink with them when they tell Davies about World War 2.

Of course Gideon can type a million words per minute.

I don’t know what Ava’s hairstyle is called but I’ve always hated it. So glad those things aren’t in style anymore.

Not a bad I Love Lucy homage.

He may be pro-Legends but Bishop is still an ass. Consistency is good.

It may be a screw up but totally Team Astra. That ass deserved it.

Astra in inspirational leader mode was well done.

I want Behrad to cook for me. It all looks yummy.

Stamp of approval from Eleanor herself. Suck it Staples!

Of course Zari sees the resemblance to Con.

And just like that we find ourselves in a horror movie. Well done show, that was creepy.

Bishop saves them, sacrifices himself, and we learn the team officially has robot alters. It’s only a matter of time before shenanigans ensue.

• Love 2

The antagonist is a factory-setting Gideon with what appears to be sinister robot duplicates of the Legends? Great way to end the first half of the season. Would it be too much to hope for an evil Beebo guiding that Gideon?

Good episode. Social commentary was a bit heavy-handed (the white women walking out rather than integrating was an unexpected twist), but the end result was great . . . at least until the alt-Legends attacked five seconds after Nate realized Elanor Roosevelt pushed full integration two years early.

On 11/25/2021 at 11:08 PM, scarynikki12 said:

They should have a shrink with them when they tell Davies about World War 2.

I think the closest thing they have to a therapist is the Stein puppet . . . and that wound up getting possessed. Why? Because they can't have nice things . . . not even off-putting puppets.

• LOL 1

Farewell Bishop, at least he got to go out as one of the good guys. I actually am going to miss this version of him, he was at least less annoying then the evil future version of him, and I was actually sad to see him go. I thought this was a pretty solid mid season finale, a nice way to end what has been a really good season so far. The evil duplicate Legends seem like they're going to be fun antagonists, I cant wait to see how the actors play them. Interesting that this season has had them making more deliberate choices to change the timeline for the better, and while that seems like a good thing we have seen over and over that making big changes to the timeline can lead to really bad things.

Its really cool seeing Astra taking charge more and I can totally get why she decided to freeze her jerk boss and integrate the factory, even if, like I said, messing with history might not end well. They also explored the influx of women who started working in factories during WWII while the men were off fighting, which is an interesting part of the period to explore, and I liked them exploring the issues of gender and race in the time period, even if its handled with the subtlety of an anvil to the face, as per usual when the CW wants to do social commentary. Its not Supergirl levels of on the nose at least, there would have been even more speeches, and I like that they had a lot of the white woman working the line walk out, lead by the woman who was all "girls have to look out for each other!" to Ava and Sara, its an important reminder that not every racist is/was an obvious villain like the manager and that people that are oppressed by society can still want to oppress other groups of people, a surprising little bit of nuance. 

The I Love Lucy shout out was hilarious. We also had the Zari/Nate/Behrad subplot to add some extra levity, which was alright but I just cannot get that interested in Nate/Zari no matter how much the show wants me to be. They did at least establish that Nate will be sticking around even if he is commuting to the totem.

We are still going forward to Astra/Behrad it looks like, I really like that they're trying to learn from each other. Astra still learning to be more caring while Behrad is trying to learn to stand up for himself more instead of being super chill about everything, which would be a nice arc for him, sometimes he ends up getting stuck playing supporting character to others too much.

Poor Gwyn finding out that WWI gets a sequel, I wish that we had gotten to explore that a little bit more instead of just moving to the next plot, I can imagine that would be a bitter pile to swallow. Just maybe don't let Ava be the one to tell him more about it, she isn't exactly miss sensitive. 

7A has been excellent, its quickly moved into one of my top seasons, I cant wait to see what 7B brings us. 

• Love 3

When the team was getting shot at while trying to run across the factory floor to the time machine, why didn't any of them use their powers?  Nate, Behrad, Astra?

On 11/29/2021 at 2:59 PM, tennisgurl said:

Farewell Bishop, at least he got to go out as one of the good guys. I actually am going to miss this version of him, he was at least less annoying then the evil future version of him, and I was actually sad to see him go. I thought this was a pretty solid mid season finale, a nice way to end what has been a really good season so far. The evil duplicate Legends seem like they're going to be fun antagonists, I cant wait to see how the actors play them. Interesting that this season has had them making more deliberate choices to change the timeline for the better, and while that seems like a good thing we have seen over and over that making big changes to the timeline can lead to really bad things.

There's zero doubt in my mind that some version of him comes back.  Behrad all but already said that he is a Legend.  He will come back as some clone version before season's end.

The Evil Legends look fun.  Wonder about the backstory, I would assume that Evil Gideon created them.

• Love 1
On 11/25/2021 at 3:20 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Of course, this being the CW, all of the issues involving racism and sexism were heavy-handed, but I still feel like this show at least handles it a little better than others

Something about this I loved and thought was a little more subtle is that not all of the white women walked about. I didn't count how many stayed but I liked that there was some support but that they weren't the focus. So often, when telling stories about racism, the pov is a white person and what they're doing to help people of color and that wasn't the point here which was refreshing.

(on the topic of the CW and how they handle racism/sexism, I want to recommend Nancy Drew. There's some issues in season 1 but, from season 2 on, they do a fantastic job)

On 11/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, tennisgurl said:

We also had the Zari/Nate/Behrad subplot to add some extra levity

As fun as this was, this storyline was also something else we rarely see on tv. I know almost nothing about Persian culture so to see some of its customs integrated into a main plot was really nice. Especially that, as annoying as Nate found Bishop, he was all in on learning more about this part of his girlfriend's background and how to impress a family that is important to her.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, tennisgurl said:

Just maybe don't let Ava be the one to tell him more about it, she isn't exactly miss sensitive. 

Or Gideon who seemed to be gearing up to share more about what happens in our future (sadly, I can't imagine we're going to stop at II).

• Love 2