Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E06: Week 6

JenE4
  • Start Topic

Yikes! It’s common to have one parent who sabotages their kid’s chances, but all of the parents are like, My son’s a disaster! You can do better. This is going to be a Hometowns episode for the record books!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Ok maybe the kids shouldn’t get the producer job. Clayton seems like a nice guy but I found him boring and not sure I want to watch a season of him. I’ll probably be there for it though because not spoilering but they’re pretty much telling us in this episode 😕

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Well that little credits scene was interesting.   The little girl and Clayton painting each other’s nails and then she tells the producer he should be the next Bachelor.  

Maybe they hired her as the casting director?

Nothing like them trying to make sense of their decision and then posting it all over the place before Michelle’s season even started.

• Love 4

Rodney is my favorite, love him. I also like Joe, Nayte and Brandon but I think Nayte is her clear favorite. Only his family and/or he can ruin this because I think Michelle is pretty smitten. It will be interesting to see everything with his Dad because it doesn't sound like they are very close or at least like his dad doesn't know anything about his romantic life. 

Brandon is adorable and very sweet but seems really young compared to the other guys. I'm not even sure why, but he does. Joe gives me a bit of a Derek Jeter vibe and is really nice, but I can't tell how into Michelle he actually is. Rodney is probably a little bit too much in the friend zone, but he's so cute and fun and I just want to hang out with him. 

• Love 14

Michelle is dull and humorless. And with those beautiful deep set eyes, is the last person who should wear such dark eyeshadow. I find her brows a bit severe too. Obviously an attractive woman but a little dead behind the eyes.

Brandon does seem too young. Martin is a Douche bag. What a dumb ass. Nayte and Joe are cute, but im so bored with this show. It's a sad day.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

Where’s Lamb18 to tell us where this gorgeous place is?

Michelle's house?  I believe she's from Woodbury. The ice cream place was in Stillwater.  Both of these are west of the Twin Cities and on the WI border.  Stillwater is awesome.  Woodbury is a rather affluent outer suburb that is actually a soulless McMansion hellhole. 

Her house looked nice, though.

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Stop canceling cocktail parties damn it! This is like the 6th one she’s canceled and she isn’t even mad about anything this time! 

There isn't any drama in  canceling these any longer.  I wish they'd start announcing the opposite--that there will be a party.  But I'm more okay with her canceling it before it even gets started.  That's fair because at this point, she knows that an extra hour is unlikely to change her mind.  I just hate when they do it mid-party which means the lead spends time with half of their people and ignores the others.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

My wish is for all future bachelor/ettes to start the season off by saying, “If anyone feels compelled to tell me about another contestant ‘for my own good’, just know that I will be sending both your asses home.”  All the name calling, whining, and finger pointing these last few seasons is so schoolyard.  If they’re looking to knock someone else out of the ring, that someone else better be a for real bunny boiler burn your house down crazy, cause they’ll be eliminating themselves at the same time.  Maybe that would stop the stupidity.  Pretty sure that will never happen though because that’s 9/10ths of the drama...

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Rodney and Michelle's little handshake is really cute. He's perpetually in the Friend Zone but such a good dude. 

Brandon is sweet, but he's also what one could consider a Sure Thing. If Michelle has any doubts about getting a ring at the end of this, like if that is her main goal like it was for Katie, then if nothing else she can count on Brandon to deliver. 

• Love 9

I kind of half watch this show, but Rodney is just adorable. I'd absolutely watch a bachelor season with him. Make it happen, producers.

Olu is sweet too. Brandon just seems so young, like he wandered on to the set after prom.

See you Martin, you gaslighting jerk. 

Clayton seems blandly likeable enough, but man, they are pushing him hard. But not every guy can build a mean fort. If he were to be chosen as bachelor, how many girls would emerge from the limos on night one, blankets in hand, asking him if he "wants to explore her secret fort." Lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

I want that 10 year old blonde in the romper to vet my future dates!  Oh Martin- he even gives kids stranger danger vibes.  Was it just the cologne or was it his haircut given to him by a drunken Super Cuts employee? I wish it was a goodbye, but we'll most likely see him on BIP and maybe a native bird will attempt to mate with his hairdo.     

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

Rodney is my favorite, love him. I also like Joe, Nayte and Brandon but I think Nayte is her clear favorite. Only his family and/or he can ruin this because I think Michelle is pretty smitten. It will be interesting to see everything with his Dad because it doesn't sound like they are very close or at least like his dad doesn't know anything about his romantic life.

I'm curious to know where they filmed Nayte's family meeting. Did they cross the border and go to his home town of Winnipeg? I rather doubt it as Canada was being pretty strict with the border crossing at the time they filmed the show. Or did his family travel down to Austin? I think they'd have had trouble gaining entry into the States too. I lived in Winnipeg for many years so would be most interesting to see an episode filmed there.

And I agree about Nayte being her favourite. I think it's been him from the beginning and the edit monkeys have been wildly creating all this stupid drama trying to cover up the obvious Nayte and Michelle romance. They both sparkle around each other and if you watch closely enough, Nayte is usually next to Michelle, standing, sitting, leaning on the fence, whatever. It must be very obvious to the other guys too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Am I the only one that noticed that all the parental units consist of  a white mom and a black dad?  I’m not sure if we saw Brandon’s parents in the previews but the other ones all had that.  Maybe that’s her criteria for picking guys?   And all the moms sort of have  a similar look.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Where’s Lamb18 to tell us where this gorgeous place is?

Do you mean where Brandon and Michelle had dinner? It's an old flour mill that is by the Mississippi River and Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis. It is very cool looking.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, sauce62 said:

Michelle is dull and humorless. And with those beautiful deep set eyes, is the last person who should wear such dark eyeshadow.

The makeup artist is doing her dirty...not only is the eyeshadow too dark, it is applied all the way up to her brows! Horrible application. Makes her look downright scary when she is actually beautiful. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I kind of half watch this show, but Rodney is just adorable. I'd absolutely watch a bachelor season with him. Make it happen, producers.

Agreed.  I'd be more excited to see a Rodney Bachelor season than any other season ever.  I'd take him in a heartbeat, and the lucky woman who wins him in the future will have a life filled with fun, laughter and that blinding smile!  

• Love 12
14 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Keep digging in Martin, you ass.  

I think Martin is a classic "negger" (I am old but I have heard about this word)--he thinks that dissing and undermining a woman's self-perception will make her like him.  So glad she stood up for herself and that he is gone.  I think that is one of Michelle's biggest strengths.  She is respectful and calm and firm when she tells them to leave--unlike Katie, who would lose her cool and self-righteously berate them.

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Dottie D said:

I like Olu, but never saw any chemistry between the two. Did they even kiss at some point? I honestly don't recall. 

I vote for Olu's jacket at the last Rose Ceremony for the next Bachelor.  It had more personality than most of the previous choices.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

he thinks that dissing and undermining a woman's self-perception will make her like him. 

I think this is giving Martin too much credit. But I see your point. The Pick up Artist (PUA) community using a Neg to attract women is (in my understanding) more about finding hot women for sex and not about finding a lasting relationship. The idea being that hot women are always hit on with corny/flattering pickup lines and a PUA differentiates himself and becomes memorable by using negative (insults) techniques. I do see parallels in context on Night 1.  The bachelorette men are literally competing vs in a bar competing for attention among other men.  But weeks into the process it requires different techniques. Sort of a short con vs. long con situation.

Martin, and likewise Jamie (and going back seasons, there have been others such as Luke P and Yosef) to me have a very narrow minded view of what a woman should be. I think he sees women as being in service of him. There to cater to him, raise his children etc. Call it classic misogyny. Call it Madonna/Whore complex.  Call it Machismo. The thing with Martin is that he's very blunt (self-admittedly) so he doesn't hide it. But my take is that he's What you see is what you get. Misogynist asshole with bad hair. 

Edited by Refresh
  • Love 13

These could be Michelle's students but they could be child actors from The Children's Theatre Company or some other professional acting experience. I doubt Ahmad would have thought of shaving nipples on his own, unless he'd seen a big brother do it.

• Love 3

These could be Michelle's students but they could be child actors from The Children's Theatre Company or some other professional acting experience. I doubt Ahmad would have thought of shaving nipples on his own, unless he'd seen a big brother do it.

I think this is the Bell Museum at the University of Minnesota. I think I went on a field trip there!

• Love 1

"Future Mr. Young" - ha!

Waterfall/running water shot was from Peavey Plaza outside of Orchestra Hall. Church in the background is Westmineter Presbyterian.

This is a different type of Bachelor audition, reading letters from kids. Tears and a longing for children; I thought the last letter would say "Dear Clayton, I think you would make a great Bachelor. I hope they pick you but wait until I grow up so I can be on the show, too."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Rick milked that cow really well.

Rodney's so nice, the cow has a fit and knocks the bucket over, he asks the cow if she's OK.

Baby calves are nice. I've never given a bottle to a calf, only lambs.

Cleaning out the poop, that's done with a bobcat. But it's easier when it's not a hardened caked down mess.

• Love 1

Nayte has a weird dad.Dad.

Martin is an ass. Why is it immature to work through childhood trauma? 

Red flags go off in Michelle's mind - what does it mean to handle yourself like a woman? Has Martin been taking lessons on standards for men and standards for women from Survivor Rodney?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Stillwater and Woodbury are two separate cities and not that close, although closer to each other than either is to Minneapolis. 

Her bedroom just happens to have a Woodbury letter jacket hanging from the closet.

Funny, Brandon is worried about what her parents would think. I am guessing her parents were asked to stay away so they could come home and stage a separation scene.

Stillwater is a very pretty small town on the St. Croix River. I think it's the oldest city in the state. Woodbury is nice, but basically a town whose purpose is being a suburb of St. Paul.

• Love 1

I think this dinner with Brandon is at the old Grain Belt brewery along the river in Northeast Minneapolis. I think it's an event center now. There just aren't that many buildings like that.

On the other hand they are standing by the Stone Arch Bridge, so it's possible the building is the Mill City Museum. It is in an old grain building that was burnt down and was later restored. I remember that fire. Downtown stank like anything. There's also the Whitney by the Stone Arch, renovated from old mill buildings.

• Love 2

They probably filmed Joe's hometown date first since all the equipment and personnel are already on site.

I wonder where Olu is walking to. Maybe the parking garage. Looks like that side of the building.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Am I the only one that noticed that all the parental units consist of  a white mom and a black dad?  I’m not sure if we saw Brandon’s parents in the previews but the other ones all had that.  Maybe that’s her criteria for picking guys?   And all the moms sort of have  a similar look.  

That's just generational.  In my day you would see black men with white women but you wouldn't see white men with black women often. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I think this dinner with Brandon is at the old Grain Belt brewery along the river in Northeast Minneapolis. I think it's an event center now. There just aren't that many buildings like that.

On the other hand they are standing by the Stone Arch Bridge, so it's possible the building is the Mill City Museum. It is in an old grain building that was burnt down and was later restored. I remember that fire. Downtown stank like anything. There's also the Whitney by the Stone Arch, renovated from old mill buildings.

I think it's the Mill City Museum. I was there not that long ago. 

5 hours ago, meatball77 said:

That's just generational.  In my day you would see black men with white women but you wouldn't see white men with black women often. 

I agree.  I grew up in Phoenix and we rarely saw mixed black/white couples...but when we did, it was black men and white women.  I went to a convention in San Francisco in 1966 and was very surprised to see two couples at different times: white men and black women.  We've come a long way baby. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Brandon just seems so young, like he wandered on to the set after prom.

Brandon seems "okay," but who calls oneself "an old soul" ??   That was just sounded too weird.

Michelle resembles her father...but in a good way.  He's oddly pleasant looking--but "oddly."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I think Martin is a classic "negger" (I am old but I have heard about this word)--he thinks that dissing and undermining a woman's self-perception will make her like him.  So glad she stood up for herself and that he is gone.  I think that is one of Michelle's biggest strengths.  She is respectful and calm and firm when she tells them to leave--unlike Katie, who would lose her cool and self-righteously berate them.

Ah! Now Martin’s “interesting” early 2000s look makes sense. He learned everything he knows about “wooing” women from Mystery on VH-1’s “The Pick-Up Artist.” (There’s actually a gif of this guy!)

pick up artist mystery GIF by beeeky

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Brandon seems "okay," but who calls oneself "an old soul" ??   That was just sounded too weird.

Michelle resembles her father...but in a good way.  He's oddly pleasant looking--but "oddly."

He is only a year younger than Michelle but seems younger. 

I wonder if he doesn’t know the difference between old soul and old fashioned or just thought it sounded better.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I wonder if he doesn’t know the difference between old soul and old fashioned or just thought it sounded better.  

Perhaps his granny said it about him and he considered it a nice term to use around "other old people."

Also, unless he's another wannabe celebrity/star, he probably can't make much money as a recruiter ... either a traveling recruiter for nurses or a recruiter for traveling nurses.  Still (and I think he's Choice #2 anyway), his job and her job would probably make enough for a nice little Minnesoooota life with health benefits and a retirement plan.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/23/2021 at 8:37 PM, JenE4 said:

Clayton seems like he’s auditioning.

That is what I thought the entire time he was in that hallway crying.  He said "I just want to find love so badly. [sniffle]  And have a family. [sniffle, exhale] And start that chapter of my life [sniffle]  I want it more than anything else. [sniffle, deep inhale]  And I'll do whatever it takes to get that."  Yes, sir, you apparently will do anything it takes to get that....including making a blubbering mess of yourself after reading the authentic heartfelt producer-dictated letters from two kids you knew for all of half an afternoon.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

That is what I thought the entire time he was in that hallway crying.  He said "I just want to find love so badly. [sniffle]  And have a family. [sniffle, exhale] And start that chapter of my life [sniffle]  I want it more than anything else. [sniffle, deep inhale]  And I'll do whatever it takes to get that."  Yes, sir, you apparently will do anything it takes to get that....including making a blubbering mess of yourself after reading the authentic heartfelt producer-dictated letters from two kids you knew for all of half an afternoon.

Exactly!  I'm convinced that the children were paid child actors and the producers wrote those letters with their non-dominant hands to look like children's handwriting.  Color me jaded, but I'm not buying what the producers or Clayton are selling 😄.  The man has the personality of a door stop, but I'll watch his season just to see all of the hilarious comments that will follow on this forum!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 11/25/2021 at 3:11 PM, LuvMyShows said:

He said "I just want to find love so badly. [sniffle]  And have a family. [sniffle, exhale] And start that chapter of my life [sniffle]  I want it more than anything else. [sniffle, deep inhale]  And I'll do whatever it takes to get that." 

CREEPY!  Run, Ladies, Run ... I mean ANY ladies...even those desperate enough for celebrity they'll go on this show or follow this pathetic creature (though he IS tall) on social media.

• Love 4
On 11/24/2021 at 8:09 AM, Katie111 said:

I noticed that too.  I think it's one of those instinctive things, where we are attracted to what we are attracted to, from an innate part of ourselves.  Michelle talks so highly of her parents and their relationship, that it's what she's drawn to.  It's apparent when we see her parents together, that they are still deeply in love after all these years.  

So for Michelle, finding a biracial partner fits into her "Love Map", that part of the brain that searches to find happiness from a place so deeply rooted in our subconscious.  I had the best father in the universe (sadly lost him last year), and I subconsciously always searched for guys who not only had his qualities, but who looked like him too.  My sister has been super happily married, deeply in love, with our dad's clone, lol.  We even have a Father's Day picture from a few years back where her husband and our dad showed up in the exact same outfit:  Blue button-front shirts and blue & gray plaid shorts with Topsiders.  Identical.

Clayton was making me ill with his Bachelor audition.  Turn off the croco-tears and go home.  And leave Rodney to us for next season.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Clayton was making me ill with his Bachelor audition.  Turn off the croco-tears and go home.

Clayton should take a lot of the blame...but there are producers and production assistants (perhaps Clayton's agent?) who are egging him on ... telling him what the AUDIENCE wants to see--what Michelle wants in a partner.  He tried his best to be vulnerable (oh, how I've come to hate that word) and everything Michelle wants!   I remember an entertaining TV series, "UNREAL," that was a good education for all the Bachelor Franchise sincere believers.  (P.S.  I wonder what kind of businesses he calls on as a "medical sales representative."  He's going to get a lot of grief from his customers.)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Clayton should take a lot of the blame...but there are producers and production assistants (perhaps Clayton's agent?) who are egging him on ... telling him what the AUDIENCE wants to see--what Michelle wants in a partner.  He tried his best to be vulnerable (oh, how I've come to hate that word) and everything Michelle wants!   I remember an entertaining TV series, "UNREAL," that was a good education for all the Bachelor Franchise sincere believers.  (P.S.  I wonder what kind of businesses he calls on as a "medical sales representative."  He's going to get a lot of grief from his customers.)

OMG I loved "Unreal"!

OK out of curiosity I looked up Clayton's "medical sales" job.  He actually has a killer job with an industry leader & has been there for 5+ years.  He has a college degree and was with the Seattle Seahawks, playing in 4 preseason games.

I have a new respect for him, as the company he's with is known to be the toughest in the industry, a "make it or break it" sort of pinnacle position.  Hmmm.  May have to rethink my feelings about Mr. Clayton.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

A lot of the judgment about Clayton, not here but at least on social media, seems unfair. We know very little about him, and what everyone's actually seen shows a decent (seeming) guy. He was nice to Michelle, treated her with respect and manners, and appeared to get along with the other guys in the house. Not saying I'm a huge fan or anything, he's not my physical type and didn't get to show a ton of who he is, but a lot of people on Twitter etc. are making assumptions (and pretty nasty comments) about his intelligence, his personality, his politics, his religion, his family etc. just based on the way he looks and the fact that he's a similar physical type to past Bachelors. No one actually knows much of anything about him. I actually feel a little bit bad for him because as far as I know he hasn't really done anything wrong and there's this weird backlash going on. 

That said, assuming he doesn't win, I'd choose Rodney for Bachelor every day. But that's nothing against Clayton in any way. Rodney is just like a human ray of sunshine. 

To keep this somewhat on topic, I have to say that this final 4 is probably my favorite group of men ever. All four seem like lovely people, and I love that Michelle sent all the "villains" home as soon as she noticed them. It has been so refreshing. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 7