Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E19: Houston Reunion, Part 2

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I think we are all agreed that it’s not a panic attack.   That was a temper tantrum.  And that’s what she is having on this reunion show also. 

that smirk on Myrla’s face when Gil left wasn’t a very nice look.  Nor was Johnny’s comment 

I’m only sorry Gil had to cry on National t.v.  Eight freakin weeks and he was so in love with her?  Something wrong here.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

I don't think he likes Gil all that much either with his asking sly questions that made Gil uncomfortable and leave the stage.

Yeah, either some fillers or her face is fatter or something.  Just looks different, but at least she's dressed better than usual, left her Pocahontas garb at home.

I did love the dark lipstick tho.  She can pull it off.  I’m tired of that natural glossy look, like Myrla wears.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, spunky said:

Michaela may not be ready to be someone's wife,  but she comes across as a true friend. She was the only one to check on Gil and decided to leave with him. You can tell she was upset for him. 

With "true friends" like her, who needs enemies?  I don't trust her.  She's a phony and manipulative.  It's all about her.

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

With "true friends" like her, who needs enemies?  I don't trust her.  She's a phony and manipulative.  It's all about her.

Yup.  If she knows how to be a good friend, why is it in her nature to be a bad and crazy wife?  I wouldn’t trust her with a ten foot pole.  You are who you are, not two different people.  Why didn’t she comfort her husband when he had Covid?  Now, she’s comforting Gil and makes herself look good?  GTFOOH.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

Yup.  If she knows how to be a good friend, why is it in her nature to be a bad and crazy wife?  I wouldn’t trust her with a ten foot pole.  You are who you are, not two different people.

You are so right.  Zack keeps telling the so-called "experts" that this is who Michaela is, but they are so snowed by her performance that they disagree with him and act like her volatility is a minor character flaw that with his love and support would just go away.  And Dr. Pepper supposedly has a doctorate in Psychology?  Unbelievable!  

• Like 1
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

You are so right.  Zack keeps telling the so-called "experts" that this is who Michaela is, but they are so snowed by her performance that they disagree with him and act like her volatility is a minor character flaw that with his love and support would just go away.  And Dr. Pepper supposedly has a doctorate in Psychology?  Unbelievable!  

And that part where Zack needed to apologize to her for leaving that night?  Excuse me?  She needs therapy not shadow boxing. I would not trust her either.

Still can’t stand Johnny.  He’s petty AF.  I didn’t see this magical hold Bao had over him and if she did, just shows how truly messed up he is. I thought he was doing a lot of projection where Bao was concerned.  I hope his counseling isn’t reinforcing his behavior.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, buttersister said:

Experts: What's the deal? If every couple divorces, you lose your bonus? Because you're trying way too hard to keep Jose and Rachel together. And saying you told him to get help with his temper doesn't let you off the hook the next time he loses it completely. Which is a time-bomb ticking. The jig is up--you have no credibility left.

Perfect, Buttersister.  This last sentence/paragraph could work as the last paragraph - epitaph - ever written about this series.  Excusing the volatility 'this time' seems to be the back story so often, which creates room for more. . . and more.  😢   

• Love 6
13 hours ago, buttersister said:

On a stageful of misfits (Gil being the clear exception), the MVP (Most Vile Person) is Kevin Fraiser. I walked away when he said he'd play a clip of all the season's funny moments. Fuck all the way off.

Myrla: the one thing Pepper got right--Myrla should stay single.
Johnny: Sucks. No amount of Bao-bashing can make him look good.
Ryan: Still trash. Sorry. Not sorry. Trying to float above it all and failing. Again. Should remain single, but doesn't want to his family's lineage to end on his watch. You have brothers--stick to dating cheerleaders.
Brett: Burn that green dress. Get a girlfriend to take you bra shopping. You're welcome.
Bao: I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to put your private parts out there or to wing anything. Points for protecting yourself because Johnny sucks.
Rachel: You can do so much better. Not that you're that great, but Jose, ugh.
Jose: Get help.
Zach: Stay away.
Michaela: Also, get help.
Experts: What's the deal? If every couple divorces, you lose your bonus? Because you're trying way too hard to keep Jose and Rachel together. And saying you told him to get help with his temper doesn't let you off the hook the next time he loses it completely. Which is a time-bomb ticking. The jig is up--you have no credibility left.

Oh Boy .. You made my day.  You have them all pegged .  Lol.   Loved the bonus thing.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Kevin must be a kiss ass if he tells the experts they did a good job as always or incredibly sarcastic. 

Ya. They did a great job on barely getting ONE couple to stay together and we don't want to count them cuz he's crazy and... 😅😂

• Love 1

I agree with what everyone said about Myrla and Johnny - totally immature and disrespectful. They deserve each other - they are both so superficial.

I do wish they would get another host - Kevin F is entirely too involved and opinionated. 

Dr. Viv's hair looked like she JUST took out the Pocahontas braids 5 minutes before the filming started. She is worthless. Dr. P looked pretty pissed with this season and really showed how off the experts were. I am still thinking that production must select them and then it is up to the three of them to try to pair them up. So, that's why they don't get good matches.

I am so sick of Rachel and her long winding sentences that say NOTHING. She still isn't smiling with Jose as she insists that they are going to make this marriage work. But, she had lots of fun on her girl trips and when the rest of the gang was there - she really lit up when Myrla and Johnny showed up. It's OK, Rachel - you don't have to like him. Go with your gut and just end it. He is still a horrible man. I was surprised that Kevin actually asked about the sexual speculation that's "out there."

Bao was really angry and I am glad she is finding some happiness. More on those thoughts in the next show's thread.

I am just really surprised that Gil fell so hard for Myrla. I am sure he will find some real loving soon (or already has - and NOT with Michaela!)

I hope that Jose gets therapy. I am guessing that if Johnny is getting help, then he found someone who will tell him that he is not to blame. I don't think he would stay with anyone who told him that he is an ass. And, Michaela needs a LOT of work and time. And, she needs to stop using her father abandonment excuse - he didn't leave her, he died! Good grief - her sisters aren't using this as their excuse for screwing up relationships. It's fine and normal to miss her dad, but he did not choose to leave her and that's what I think of as abandonment. She is just using some convenient buzz words and it comes off as fake fake. She was Hurricane K before he died, I am sure. Her sisters are afraid of her.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Michaela is full of shit and the "experts" are lining up to buy it.  I don't get it.  They continue to let her get away with deflecting the attention away from her issues while also painting herself as Zack's victim.  Zack isn't perfect but they are in effect dismissing him completely.  I don't blame him for shutting down and not wanting to participate.  He is the scapegoat of the season.  I almost lost it when Pepper insinuated that Zack could have been more supportive of her and help her to change her behavior.  Oh so he's less than an optimal spouse because he didn't want to take on the role of her therapist and punching bag?  Screw that!  The only thing wrong with Zack is that he is not articulate enough to defend himself plus he lets Michaela intimidate him.  She knows it and uses it to her advantage to make him look bad.

When your own blood family says you are a hurricane, that speaks volumes.  I doubt other good sisters would reveal that on National t.v.  Zack should have taken that warning and split.  Better to lose some money than your life.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, buttersister said:

On a stageful of misfits (Gil being the clear exception), the MVP (Most Vile Person) is Kevin Fraiser. I walked away when he said he'd play a clip of all the season's funny moments. Fuck all the way off.

Myrla: the one thing Pepper got right--Myrla should stay single.
Johnny: Sucks. No amount of Bao-bashing can make him look good.
Ryan: Still trash. Sorry. Not sorry. Trying to float above it all and failing. Again. Should remain single, but doesn't want to his family's lineage to end on his watch. You have brothers--stick to dating cheerleaders.
Brett: Burn that green dress. Get a girlfriend to take you bra shopping. You're welcome.
Bao: I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to put your private parts out there or to wing anything. Points for protecting yourself because Johnny sucks.
Rachel: You can do so much better. Not that you're that great, but Jose, ugh.
Jose: Get help.
Zach: Stay away.
Michaela: Also, get help.

agreed with everything except, along with Gil, I don't see Bao or Rachel or Brett as misfits, just got matched with the misfits

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

When your own blood family says you are a hurricane, that speaks volumes.  I doubt other good sisters would reveal that on National t.v.  Zack should have taken that warning and split.  Better to lose some money than your life.

Yeah, especially when "hurricane" is a code word for "lunatic"....

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Bao and Zack.  Whatever.  I thought it was pretty hypocritical of Bao to tell Johnny to "knock it off" when she and Zack are dating.   At least Johnny and Myrla say they're friends and I can believe that. 

Speaking of Zack, he's got a jumpy, s****** nature about him that's off putting and he's as bad as Michaela throwing in curse words so often.  At first I felt sorry for him being married to her, but now I don't like him at all.  And even if he's dating Bao, I still think he'd slink around to have sex with Michaela if she let him.    

• Love 4

Johnny sitting next to Myrla acting like her gbf. Gimme a break! Glad they cleared up that Cancun trip cuz they sure made it seem like they went together. SLICK! But ya. It's EASY to be friends! You don't live with them. You don't depend on them like that. You ain't building a lifelong partnership with them. It's not serious. They shouldn't have behaved so childishly like that though. Poor Gil. In so much pain & they're giddy. The DISRESPECT!!! That should lift the cloud & help him move on after seeing her for who she really is.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Bao and Zack.  Whatever.  I thought it was pretty hypocritical of Bao to tell Johnny to "knock it off" when she and Zack are dating.   At least Johnny and Myrla say they're friends and I can believe that. 

Speaking of Zack, he's got a jumpy, s****** nature about him that's off putting and he's as bad as Michaela throwing in curse words so often.  At first I felt sorry for him being married to her, but now I don't like him at all.  And even if he's dating Bao, I still think he'd slink around to have sex with Michaela if she let him.    

I think it was Rachel who told Johnny to knock it off.  

• Love 14

Myrla thinks she didn't mislead Gil & did nothing wrong blindsiding him, like Zack thinks he didn't mislead Michaela. WTF is wrong with him?!! & the fool said he's still looking for his perfect woman. 😫 KF should've asked the fool what he was doing if he wasn't misleading her. The fool couldn't even tell a coherent story about what happened after DD. Again. WTF is wrong with him?!!! I think back to Bao explaining how no on DD means they're done & calling Zack's BS meaning in her TH... so why would she date a bser?!!! She KNOWS how he is, so WHY?!! She needs to watch the reunion to see more of his BS cuz that's what's in store. Him denying he led her on. He has a relationship with everyone in the room... BS!!! I mean, at this point they deserve what they get because they KNOW what the person does. Makes no sense!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, cinsays said:

I think it was Rachel who told Johnny to knock it off.  

I could have sworn it was Bao who said something like knock it off or cool it to Johnny.  I'd like to find the clip. 

I still didn't like her sitting there with the group looking all innocent, when she's dating Zack.  Johnny is right.  She IS fake AF. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I could have sworn it was Bao who said something like knock it off or cool it to Johnny.  I'd like to find the clip. 

I still didn't like her sitting there with the group looking all innocent, when she's dating Zack.  Johnny is right.  She IS fake AF. 

When Kevin asked who they thought would have been better matches, Gil said he wasn't feeling well and walked off.  Johnny said, "I don't think he likes that question."  RACHAEL said to Johnny, "Knock it off."  It's all on tape, but please don't let that get in the way of your narrative of Bao being a horrible, despicable person and a fake.  

• Like 1
  • Love 18

So Michaela said she didn't want Zack to leave because her dad left upset & got killed by a drunk driver & Zack responded he was fine to drive. He totally missed the point & she was right. He didn't care & never cared. She took it too far cutting him off & shutting him up & then using his silence as proof she's right. It would've been an empty, nonsense apology. He should've said, "I'm sorry your fear/craziness/sickness told me to leave & your behavior made me leave." He definitely wouldn't have said he was sorry he left. 😅 Her Dad's death was a BS excuse. I was waiting for them to roll the tape of her telling him to leave numerous times. So why is she scared of him abandoning her or dying when SHE told him to leave?!!!! She's so sick!!! 

• Love 6
Just now, Adeejay said:

When Kevin asked who they thought would have been better matches, Gil said he wasn't feeling well and walked off.  Johnny said, "I don't think he likes that question."  RACHAEL said to Johnny, "Knock it off."  It's all on tape, but please don't let that get in the way of your narrative of Bao being a horrible, despicable person and a fake.  

Bahaha. Even in the previews, it was clear it was Rachel. They focused on her after she said it. I mean. WHY would Bao check him??? 🤔 They're NOT besties. They don't even talk. 😂😂

• Love 3

The "experts" actually said something useful. That anxiety is behind controlling behavior. 🤔 Now. What are they going to do about cases like José and Michaela going forward? That's what KF should ask them: what they learned from this season & how they'll use it?

2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I personally don't think she was being phony or manipulative in that moment. I saw it as her just being there for her friend. No one else even attempted to go check on him. I do hope she heals and matures

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

It's all on tape, but please don't let that get in the way of your narrative of Bao being a horrible, despicable person and a fake.  

Oh, don't worry about that.  My narrative is still fine.  

I watched the clip and it was Rachel who told him to back off, but Bao was sitting there giving him this disapproving look.  So as far as I'm concerned, she's still a hypocrite.  

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 3

The "experts" went hard at Myrla! Rightfully so!! She did Gil WRONG, BLINDSIDING him like that! We all want to know why she did that because it makes no sense. HOW she go from crying about how happy she is to ending the MARRIAGE??? No one's saying she should've stuck it out. She should've been honest about what she was doing. That saying she was "in" was just a day-by-day thing. She should've actually tried to work through things. Like, what relationship doesn't have "unhappy" times. Pastor Cal's take was interesting. That happiness is not the goal, it's a byproduct of achieving goals as a couple. 🤔

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I find it hard to believe that Kevin didn't know about Bao and Zack dating and I wonder why he didn't bring that up?  I would have loved seeing Hurricane go off and sending Bao running for her life.   🤣😱

yeah, you would have!

• Love 2

Did anyone else notice, as Jose was being called out for his anger and temper issues, rictus grin on his face, that his foot crossed over his knee was bob-bob-bobbing, unable to keep still, the physical manifestation of his inner fury and probably his desire to get up and punch Dr Pepper in the face.

Edited by essexjan
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

Another Pastor Cal gem: Don't depend on what you FEEL, depend on what you KNOW. 🤔 I like it... Their after DD counseling session/debrief was weird, but eh. Without them, we wouldn't have these Pastor Cal gems. 😂 It looks like they did them to get them back together.

José looks so short sitting next to Rachel. Is it the way he's sitting? I would think he wouldn't want to look shorter than her. Their different postures make them look disconnected. He should sit up straight.

So KF asked José about what people said about him, but not Gil or Johnny? 🤔 Johnny played it up acting like a tween & then said if José & Rachel don't work out... I mean, COME ON!!! 😅😂

I find it hard to believe that Kevin didn't know about Bao and Zack dating and I wonder why he didn't bring that up?  I would have loved seeing Hurricane go off and sending Bao running for her life.   🤣😱

Well if the timeline is accurate and not staged, their first date was after this reunion. So there was nothing for Kevin to know.  Sounds like they had kept their relationship platonic and in a group( such as with Ryan).   While it sounds like Myrla and Johnny  had been flaunting their ‘friendship’ to cast and crew members.  Quite probably to Rachel ( who wouldn’t know how to keep a secret ). 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

She told Zach to leave the couple's retreat, multiple times, and she is was pissed that he took her up on it.

Exactly!!! I wish they had shown the entire clip. That conversation broke down long before the clip they aired, with Mikaela stating again and again to “go home now”. She kept repeating it, cutting Zack off as he was trying to say that he didn’t want to leave her there without a ride home, but she kept cutting in and insisting he go home. So I was extra annoyed that during the reunion show, everyone allowed her to continue her manufactured narrative that Zack abandoned her that night. Why didn’t anyone call her out on that? Are they just afraid of her??? It appears that people around her have allowed her to rewrite history her whole life without confrontation, which has contributed to her utter lack of self awareness. And the scary thing is I think she actually believes her version of the truth, which is particularly remarkable given that the MAFS cameras actually caught the real truth again and again, which totally contradicted her version. 

Bottom line, the girl needs serious help. The MAFS experts totally failed Zack by casting her and they totally failed her by letting her get away with her behavior, unchecked. 

I found it interesting, and pathetic, that dr pep suggested Jose seek counseling for his anger issues, but yet they all blamed Zack for not accommodating Mikaela’s anger issues. Ummmm, double standard??? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 18
11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Well if the timeline is accurate and not staged, their first date was after this reunion. So there was nothing for Kevin to know.  Sounds like they had kept their relationship platonic and in a group( such as with Ryan).   While it sounds like Myrla and Johnny  had been flaunting their ‘friendship’ to cast and crew members.  Quite probably to Rachel ( who wouldn’t know how to keep a secret ). 

But they were going out together as "friends" and doing things like playing pool together before they started dating, so I wonder why Kevin didn't ask them about that.   They might have been flaunting their "friendship" to cast and crew members, too.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Bees52 said:

Wow... that reunion.... A lot of bitterness this season. I am sad that  Gil and Myrla didn't work out, and the way it happened. Guess Gil's new narrative will be that he will be forever hurt and triggered by that break up. I don't think Jose and Rachel will go any further. I maybe wrong about that, but not really seeing them becoming those Couples' Cam pairs.

I'm wondering why Kevin felt the need ask them, especially Johnny,  about  who might have made better matches. He's never touched on that in previous seasons' reunions, when so many of us have questioned that many times over the years.

There have never been this many all out failures either. Also, there is a lot of hanging out being done among this group past the show while almost all of them are single. It's a genuine question.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, spunky said:

I hope they remain friends.

I’m glad one of these cast members finally made referenced “guy code” or “girl code”. Bottom line, you don’t date your friends exes (unless all parties are totally over the old relationship and ok with the new one - then I suppose it’s ok…but) - all this partner swapping is just a big fat no no

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Oh, don't worry about that.  My narrative is still fine.  

I watched the clip and it was Rachel who told him to back off, but Bao was sitting there giving him this disapproving look.  So as far as I'm concerned, she's still a hypocrite.  

Bao being a hypocrite doesn't negate the fact that Johnny is a POS.  I was very disappointed that Kevin didn't go after him for the way he treated her.  I sincerely hope that he and Myrla are together.  This way, no one else is exposed to their toxicity.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Myrla REALLY seems to like Johnny. Why????

They have things in common. Johnny thinks very highly of her. He doesn't criticize her financial choices the way Gil did. He doesn't treat Myrla as poorly as he treated Bao. If Johnny has planned his life so that he enough money to be a stay at home dad, I could even see him and Myrla developing a short-term romantic relationship and going back to being besties and co-parenting a child!

3 hours ago, Lindz said:

Poor Gil. In so much pain & they're giddy. The DISRESPECT!!! That should lift the cloud & help him move on after seeing her for who she really is.

Maybe Gil likes a challenge and that was part of his attraction to Myrla. He sorta knew who she was, thought she might change just enough to make the relationship tolerable, and then was heartbroken when it became clear that she was over it. He's better off with her and will likely be fine. 

But they were going out together as "friends" and doing things like playing pool together before they started dating, so I wonder why Kevin didn't ask them about that.   They might have been flaunting their "friendship" to cast and crew members, too.  

Bao told Kevin that she was dating someone but wasn't going to say much about it. Was Zack the guy? Was it someone else? Or was all of it a ruse to let Johnny know that plenty of other dudes want her?

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Bao told Kevin that she was dating someone but wasn't going to say much about it. Was Zack the guy? Was it someone else? Or was all of it a ruse to let Johnny know that plenty of other dudes want her?

I think Zack was/is the guy, but he was too scared shitless to confirm it in front of Hurricane. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Oh Johnny can shut his whiny azz up! He claims Bao plays the victim & makes him the bad one, yet LOOK AT HIM!!! He felt 'broken down' due to his own fragility! GTFOH! Whatever he wanted to happen, he made happen. Whatever bad thing her 'bf' told him, he made true for himself. ZERO PITY for him! & her 'planning' a convo? COME ON! He's REACHING for whatever BS he can! They were private about their sex lives? I wish they were MORE private!! 😅😂

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Spectator said:

I’m glad one of these cast members finally made referenced “guy code” or “girl code”. Bottom line, you don’t date your friends exes (unless all parties are totally over the old relationship and ok with the new one - then I suppose it’s ok…but) - all this partner swapping is just a big fat no no

Wellllllll. They were more strangers than spouses, same is true for their "friendships." MAFS ain't real life. The only rule that applies is be decent & actually try at the marriage, which people still fail to abide by. 😅😂

• Love 1

I'm glad they didn't have previous couples ask any questions. It's probably because only one couple is barely together. I wonder if they did the counseling/debrief instead because José & Rachel were on the rocks. 🤔

Pepper insinuated that Zack could have been more supportive of her

Pepper didn't insinuate it... she came right out and said it. And I thought it was a ridiculous thing to say. If Mikaela's abandonment issues are that bad, she has no business being married and the experts should have seen that. She needs to see a skilled therapist and work that shit out before she brings anyone else into it.

I personally don't think she was being phony or manipulative in that moment. I saw it as her just being there for her friend. No one else even attempted to go check on him. I do hope she heals and matures

I do. I think she is a drama queen and wanted in on the walk-out; in fact, I think maybe she wished she did it first. I also think she is attracted to Gil and wouldn't mind getting together with him.

So Michaela said she didn't want Zack to leave because her dad left upset & got killed by a drunk driver & Zack responded he was fine to drive. He totally missed the point & she was right. 

I disagree. Michaela told Zack to leave. Multiple times. 

Whether you care about someone or not, sooner or later, your own self-care has to come first. I don't blame Zack at all for leaving and I don't think it had anything to do with whether or not or how much he cared about Michaela. That situation had gotten way too far out of hand and the only resolution was for him to leave. There is NO WAY Michaela was going to let him just sleep in another room. She was going to keep arguing and arguing and arguing until something gave. I think it was smart of Zack to leave when he did.

• Like 1
  • Love 13