Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E19: Houston Reunion, Part 2

• Start Topic

The reunion continues as tensions mount between Zack and Michaela. The experts reflect on the season and work with two of the couples to mend their broken relationships.  Mounting frustrations within the group lead to two dramatic departures.

Airs Wednesday, Nov 24 at 8:00 PM EST.

Please keep discussion to what happened in this episode.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I don’t understand one thing that Johnny is saying about this marriage.  Seems like he’s talking in riddles.  He’s very complex.  He looks like he would be a horror to live with.

I think he is full of shit. He can't give a single, concrete example of when Bao was "fake" or "mislead" people. He's a dick.

Was Bao always this annoying?

I don't find her annoying but thus far, I think Bao is about the same as she has always been.

• Like 1
  • Love 21

So Zack admitted that he was intimate with Michaela for four days after Decision Day?  Did I hear that right?  And he's still leaving the door open to see her again if she needs anything.  

I don't think Johnny is full of shit, but I do think Zack is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

So Zack admitted that he was intimate with Michaela for four days after Decision Day?  Did I hear that right?  And he's still leaving the door open to see her again if she needs anything.  

I can't follow anything Michaela or Zach is saying. It's crystal clear to me that they are downright bad for each other and right at this moment, probably for anyone else.

• Love 13

Bao has has enough. I love her honest comments in the one couple interview with Kevin.  Particularly about their agreement to not discuss their sex life on camera. Johnny is the ultimate kiss and tell guy 

so what Johnny is really upset about is that he wanted to be a movie star and  she wanted their private talks to be private. Plus she tries to think about  what she says before she says it.   She’s mature, he is not.  And he thinks Myrla is better? 

So he wanted to pull a Zach and say no, but let’s have sex? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Was Bao always this annoying? I feel like I was unduly harsh on Johnny a tad. 
I don’t see any chemistry with Myrla and Johnny or either though. She’s twice his size and looks twice his age. 

No, she wasn't previously annoying, but she's angry now and she did have to endure a heck of a lot of criticism from Johnny. She's obviously blowing off some steam!

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I can't follow anything Michaela or Zach is saying. It's crystal clear to me that they are downright bad for each other and right at this moment, probably for anyone else.

Yes, he's a very good looking, very ambitious, very confused young man. He just doesn't know who he is yet, so he's trying to show people who he isn't! And it's very confusing!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Marla calls herself a diva but leaves Gil because he calls her a diva?  

I get it. It's a criticism from Gil. He means it in a denigrating way. She defines it differently than he does; she means it as someone who indulges herself.

I don't like the "Myrla is bougie" reel. They could have put together a reel on anyone; why single out Myrla except that Kevin clearly doesn't like her and he's Team Gil?

• Love 9

Michaela thinks Ryan cared about her and Zachs’  marriage?  Did not see that one coming.  
Rachel has learned why you don’t tell your ‘friends’ everything about your marriage.

Myrla- it’s ok to like nice things, neither  you need to understand that you aren’t likely to get those nice things forever. Priorities 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

It definitely gives me insight to know that Bao didn’t want to share anything unless they had talked about it beforehand which made it awkward when there were impromptu questions and she has to preapprove the narrative ahead of time so Johnny would have to sit there feeling like his hands are tied, but she gets to present whatever she wants.  He’s mean, but she’s controlling and annoying.  
Poor Myrla , she lost her hot girl summer buddy. Jose and Michaeala need to ride off into the sunset. Neither of them should have been picked for this show. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s battered someone before but wasn’t reported.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Why is Gil crying?  He’s probably got girls lining out at the Firehouse.  Myrla probably didn’t like him sending money to Columbia or wherever.  She is one cold person .. not for him.  Too many restrictions.  She’s better off single.

• Love 7

For once, Pepper is making sense.

Her hair looks good.

Unrelated - we are seeing a lot of clips and then the "experts" or Kevin calls them out on what they said and did. So are we going to see clips of Michaela's over the top tantrums and confront her about them? And if not, why not?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I’m behind the rest of you- watching it via the DVR. Gil and Myrla with the experts. Myrla finally admits it’s all about the money.  Regardless of  what else she tries to pretend with blah, blah, blah.  She’s no better at communicating than Johnny or  Zach. 

Viviana said one true thing, marriage may not be for Myrla. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 10

Johnny and Myrla were really low class, laughing and snickering and rubbing it in. I kept trying to talk myself into liking her, but that just was such a mean girl move, I’m just done.  At least Bao told Johnny to cool it and I think he was a little embarrassed by their actions. 

• Like 1
  • Love 21
7 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Good.  Gil has left.  Myrla playing tiddlywinks winks with Johnny and acting so happy.  She’s a bitch with no respect for Gil.  Why was he so enamored with her?

It really did look like that didn’t it? I really didn’t want to see it like that but she really did seem like a bitch and we know about Johnny.

Kevin  was Trying to rub it in with the question of who would be the better match after all the snickering.

Edited by Kira53
  • Love 8

Michaela is a drama queen without an ounce of self-control. How she can look at that tantrum and say that she can "laugh" at it now instead of being completely embarrassed is a mystery to me. I don't that she had a panic attack. She told Zach to leave the couple's retreat, multiple times, and she is was pissed that he took her up on it. She doesn't like Ryan because he didn't somehow stop Zach from leaving. 

Anyone else think that Michaela went after Gil because she is hoping to get with him?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

. I don't that she had a panic attack.

I think we are all agreed that it’s not a panic attack.   That was a temper tantrum.  And that’s what she is having on this reunion show also. 

that smirk on Myrla’s face when Gil left wasn’t a very nice look.  Nor was Johnny’s comment 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 22

On a stageful of misfits (Gil being the clear exception), the MVP (Most Vile Person) is Kevin Fraiser. I walked away when he said he'd play a clip of all the season's funny moments. Fuck all the way off.

Myrla: the one thing Pepper got right--Myrla should stay single.
Johnny: Sucks. No amount of Bao-bashing can make him look good.
Ryan: Still trash. Sorry. Not sorry. Trying to float above it all and failing. Again. Should remain single, but doesn't want to his family's lineage to end on his watch. You have brothers--stick to dating cheerleaders.
Brett: Burn that green dress. Get a girlfriend to take you bra shopping. You're welcome.
Bao: I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to put your private parts out there or to wing anything. Points for protecting yourself because Johnny sucks.
Rachel: You can do so much better. Not that you're that great, but Jose, ugh.
Jose: Get help.
Zach: Stay away.
Michaela: Also, get help.
Experts: What's the deal? If every couple divorces, you lose your bonus? Because you're trying way too hard to keep Jose and Rachel together. And saying you told him to get help with his temper doesn't let you off the hook the next time he loses it completely. Which is a time-bomb ticking. The jig is up--you have no credibility left.

• LOL 2
  • Love 20

What a bunch of selfish, immature, boring people! Gil is the only person who is capable of actually caring for someone. The more I see of Myrla, the more I don't like her. I agree with the experts, she's not cut out for marriage. Even when she speaks about the dog she's getting....no slobbering, no fur, no this...no that. Hey, why get a dog? So you can put it in a Gucci bag and walk down the street? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I was disappointed with the way Myrla and Johnny were behaving.  She came across as cold and unfeeling and he was behaving like the nerd who gets to hang out with the hot cheerleader.  I am glad Rachael told him to knock it off.  I don't understand why Johnny thinks that just because Bao didn't want to discuss their sex life on camera, that she was being fake.  Amelia said the same thing to Bennett, only she said it on camera.  I believe that is one thing that should be off limit.  

• Like 1
  • Love 22
49 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

It really did look like that didn’t it? I really didn’t want to see it like that but she really did seem like a bitch and we know about Johnny.

Kevin  was Trying to rub it in with the question of who would be the better match after all the snickering.

A few peoples actions were just sad, insensitive and disgusting, I totally supported Gil and Mikaila walking off.

• Love 8

Why is noone ( including the experts) addressing the fact that Mikaela needs some serious professional help. Not to mention that she is flat out lying and playing the victim to make herself look better. I wish Zack was better at expressing his feelings...but I will. He was a nice guy who got matched with a volatile  banshee and I feel for him.

Johnny was just mean spirited the whole season. I think he should think about what he can do to make himself a better partner instead of looking to the woman to validate him.

Myrla...all I can say is foul! Dr. Pepper was right when she expressed all of our confusion. We all saw Myrla crying in the clip. It seems like she chose her labels and life style over love! She just seems too selfish for a sensitive hottie like Gill. I wish him luck! Good luck to all of them.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Michaela is full of shit and the "experts" are lining up to buy it.  I don't get it.  They continue to let her get away with deflecting the attention away from her issues while also painting herself as Zack's victim.  Zack isn't perfect but they are in effect dismissing him completely.  I don't blame him for shutting down and not wanting to participate.  He is the scapegoat of the season.  I almost lost it when Pepper insinuated that Zack could have been more supportive of her and help her to change her behavior.  Oh so he's less than an optimal spouse because he didn't want to take on the role of her therapist and punching bag?  Screw that!  The only thing wrong with Zack is that he is not articulate enough to defend himself plus he lets Michaela intimidate him.  She knows it and uses it to her advantage to make him look bad.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, endure said:

A few peoples actions were just sad, insensitive and disgusting, I totally supported Gil and Mikaila walking off.

I felt for Gil, seeing him in tears.  What I don't understand is why Myrla kept taking his abusive comments in stride.  If they were bothering her that much she should have said something at the time, not continue to lead him on and then drop a bomb on him at the end.  I don't think she wanted the "bitch" edit so she kept her mouth shut and just continued to take it and take it, all the while building up resentments for him that in the end were too great to get over.  But it just made her look mean and vindictive.  Gil is another one that the experts are too soft on.  It's no wonder to me why Myrla didn't see him as for her in the end.  I don't understand why none of them could see his role in that happening.  They probably have it set in their heads that it's all about Myrla and her picky diva persona and they're blinded to what effect Gil's constant criticism was having on her.  That doesn't mean I approve of the way she handled it, though.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

so what Johnny is really upset about is that he wanted to be a movie star and  she wanted their private talks to be private. Plus she tries to think about  what she says before she says it.   She’s mature, he is not.  

Plus, WHY WAS HE NOT CALLED OUT when he claimed he “couldn’t speak his mind with Bao”?! We had to see Hurricane K’s antics for the 1000th time, but couldn’t devote 20 seconds to the many mean and childish things he said about Bao to her face? He was not one bit constrained or shy. Liar. 

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

At least Bao told Johnny to cool it and I think he was a little embarrassed by their actions. 

I thought it was Rachel? If so, that was a good move on her part - since they’re friends he might take her comment to heart whereas he would just blow off anything Bao said.

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Gil thought Myrla was cool with his "ribbing." He didn't see behind the smile to the crocodile lying in wait.  

I will admit that Gil laid the criticism on about her negativity the last month of the ‘experiment’.   What I don’t like is that  she never asked him to cut it out, said Yes on decision day and allowed him to sell his stuff, and give up his lease.  She had to know she didn’t love him then.  And I really don’t like how she and Johnny acted in front of him at the reunion. 

• Love 20
56 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I almost lost it when Pepper insinuated that Zack could have been more supportive of her and help her to change her behavior. 

Maybe Pepper could have been a better “expert” and not added Red Flag/My Daddy Michaela to the cast? Hhhmmmm? And if I were her sisters I would tell her to STFU & grow up — he was their father too & they’re not acting the fool and blaming his loss for every personal flaw. Why is Michaela’s grief more valid than theirs? Enablers. 

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 10

Even though all of these people are terrible spouses, this might be my favorite season.  I'm still not Team Gil. But, I really felt for him during this episode. While it might have been better for Myrla to break things off earlier, it's still better than she broke it off when she did instead of waiting to break it off later when he was even more invested in the relationship. They were never going to work and the experts were almost as much to blame for Gil's heartbreak as Myrla.  Even so, Pastor Cal might have been right about why she ended the relationship. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Wow... that reunion.... A lot of bitterness this season. I am sad that  Gil and Myrla didn't work out, and the way it happened. Guess Gil's new narrative will be that he will be forever hurt and triggered by that break up. I don't think Jose and Rachel will go any further. I maybe wrong about that, but not really seeing them becoming those Couples' Cam pairs.

I'm wondering why Kevin felt the need ask them, especially Johnny,  about  who might have made better matches. He's never touched on that in previous seasons' reunions, when so many of us have questioned that many times over the years.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I get it. It's a criticism from Gil. He means it in a denigrating way. She defines it differently than he does; she means it as someone who indulges herself.

I don't like the "Myrla is bougie" reel. They could have put together a reel on anyone; why single out Myrla except that Kevin clearly doesn't like her and he's Team Gil?

I don't think he likes Gil all that much either with his asking sly questions that made Gil uncomfortable and leave the stage.

12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Does Viviana have a new face?  Seems she had work done.  Pepper has a kimono on.  She has pajamas to match.  I have a smaller size the same.

Yeah, either some fillers or her face is fatter or something.  Just looks different, but at least she's dressed better than usual, left her Pocahontas garb at home.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ChiMama said:

Plus, WHY WAS HE NOT CALLED OUT when he claimed he “couldn’t speak his mind with Bao”?! We had to see Hurricane K’s antics for the 1000th time, but couldn’t devote 20 seconds to the many mean and childish things he said about Bao to her face? He was not one bit constrained or shy. Liar. 

YES!  I wanted to see a clip of him saying he wished he were matched with anyone else but her and all the other nasty things.  

• Love 9
Just now, spunky said:

Michaela may not be ready to be someone's wife,  but she comes across as a true friend. She was the only one to check on Gil and decided to leave with him. You can tell she was upset for him. 

My impression was that she just figured she'd get more airtime if she made a scene and left too.

• Like 2
  • Love 12