Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Premiere

• Start Topic

I assume she was bitching to a producer or cameraman/woman, and they couldn't "pull back the curtain" on all the reality so they edited in a raccoon.

I thought the same. It looked purposefully cut so that you couldn't see the person she was speaking to. I'm sure it was a producer or handler, but that they felt the footage of her "I didn't want drama" meltdown was too good to leave on the cutting room floor. Honestly though, Graham was not a bad choice for her, Crazy AshLee aside. He's the oldest and probably the most mature (which isn't saying much, I realize). As one of the older gals herself, it seemed like a good pick.

I don't find Graham attractive, but he seems to be very well-liked and respected in Bachelor Nation, which I'm sure means something to these women. 

I know this is a bit mean, but I just don't get the draw to Lacey. Other than humongous, clearly fake boobs, she seems completely unremarkable. Her face is okay, I guess, but she slathered it with so much makeup that it looked like she had let a small child fingerpaint on her cheeks. Speaking of which, Michelle Money's blush also looked awful at the rose ceremony. I wonder if it's the light/camera they're using. But back to Lacey--she clearly isn't a brilliant conversationalist. Her only positive (?) quality so far seems to be her willingness to straddle and hook-up with whichever man is physically closer or has more to offer her at any given time. I know what she does in real life is quite noble, and I like her for that alone, but I'm not naive enough to believe it's a factor to any of these guys. So...why?

AshLee needs help. This environment is so terrible for her. This is the second time she has mistaken a Bachelor franchise show for some sort of monogamous dating venture and freaked out when it wasn't. I have very little sympathy, because I don't believe for a second that there wasn't another way she could have met Graham besides doing the show. I'm sure she knows plenty of people who could and would have introduced her, at which point she could have given him the same forward, clear speech she gave him on the beach. While I vaguely understand her disappointment in thinking she and Graham had an understanding and then seeing it unravel a bit, the way she treated both him and Claire was really childish and completely ineffective. If she hadn't needed the rose from Graham to stay, she likely never would have apologized and just continued to pointedly and obviously give him the cold shoulder until HE apologized. She really needs to do some work on herself before she should be in a relationship, let alone in a television relationship. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 6

Ashley is so going to be appointment t.v. on this show.  Her passive-aggressive moves are masterful.  I felt for Claire, but really, why move forward with Graham if you might be slaughtered during the night?  I thought Graham would have been a nice date for Claire, but when Ashley was carrying on in the bathroom-talking out loud to herself, all kinds of warning bells must have gone off for Claire.  However, I was really surprised that Graham gave her the rose as one does not have to be a mensa member to see that Ashley is CRAZY.  However, it should make for an interesting season.

All of them know exactly what they signed up for.  Maybe once one has appeared on a Bachelor Nation show regular people are forbidden from dating them/falling in love which then means their only option is to continue appearing on these shows?  Otherwise I don't get why so many of them try to tell us that they are superior beings to the others and that they are there for the right reasons....

Does anyone else think that they believe there is a cash prize at the end of the show?  That could explain some of the desperate attempts at hook-ups.

Agree on all levels of everything said.  Ashlee is nuts, and she is single because she is desperate.  She won't marry until she calms the f*** down about her single status and doesn't care anymore. Then, she will find a man.  

I love Michelle Money...I think she is funny, and not at all a villain.  She is quite fun and friendly with others, and she has a good sense of humor.  I think she does this Bachelor stuff just for the heck of it...not necessarily to find a guy.  

Mexico is not selling itself well here....we can blame the Bachelor for not finding a better place obviously, but they have camping conditions, and the stretch of ocean is not the best either.  The water is not that clean and clear blue that people love...it is kind of mucky looking with all of the stuff floating into shore.

• Love 2

The water is not that clean and clear blue that people love...it is kind of mucky looking with all of the stuff floating into shore.

I think that's all the antibiotic cream sloughing off their bodies.........

• Love 15

I love Michelle Money...I think she is funny, and not at all a villain.  She is quite fun and friendly with others, and she has a good sense of humor.  I think she does this Bachelor stuff just for the heck of it...not necessarily to find a guy.  

I did not see Michelle M on Brad 2.0 as I skipped that season so I only know her from Bachelor Pad and now this show and I really like her alot so I'm glad her "villian" edit is no more.  She seems like a decent lady and just wanting to have some fun which it is how they should all be but that would be for a boring show so of course Fleiss has to make sure the AshLees of the world are on!

I actually felt sorry for Clare last night and in a way I wish she had just gone ahead and "dated" Graham but I can totally understand her wanting no part of him after AshLee's little meltdown.  

Looking forward to next week's drama with Michelle K!

• Love 1

I think many of the women wearing so much makeup are doing so because the environment is wrecking havoc with their skin.  I spent 2 weeks on a remote beach in the Philippines, and the lack of A/C, lack of hot water, the constant bathing in sunscreen and the consequent sweating it off, plus all the sand & salt trashed my skin for months. 

Or they're all just painted-up hussies (™ my dad) that think they look better covered with that stuff! 

I can't decide which is better..... the awesome trashiness that is this show or reading Nick's Twitter feed about the episode (and Marcus' reaction to Nick's tweets)!!  They're both pretty great.  These people need to win awards for the entertainment that they bring to my life every week!  This has become required weekly escapism for me.

• Love 1

This show is delivering already! Nice to see none of these people have changed at all. Except Lacy maybe, but we didn't really get to know her on Juan Pablo's season. I didn't even remember she was the elderly care girl, even though I was sad she didn't get picked back then. Something about her face bugs me, but I doubt the guys are looking at it much. She has some skills stringing along two guys though.

I thought AshLee was crazy during Sean's season, but she's even worse this time around. Now she's in love before even meeting her prey. I can't believe Graham gave her the rose. You DO NOT encourage the crazy! He just made sure no other woman is an option. Poor guy. And I feel bad for Clare now. I disliked her a lot early on in JP's season, but she grew on me, because she's entertaining. She's still narrating her own life, I see.

Elyse still can't walk and now they gave her some stairs to conquer! I remember her awkward exit walk on The Bachelor. It felt like the longest exit walk ever. Her and Dylan were cute though. I wonder if she's still teaching kids.

I agree with everyone regarding Sarah's choice of swimwear. That thing made her have no boobs, yet still looked like a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. All the ladies are looking pretty rough though, you'd think they were on Survivor. Must be the horrible climate. And it's not even close to paradise. I guess they didn't have the money to send them any further than Mexico.

Marcus didn't take long to get over his true love Andi. Love how butthurt he is about Nick's tweets. This is gonna be good!

Edited by MsPH
  • Love 2

I can't decide which is better..... the awesome trashiness that is this show or reading Nick's Twitter feed about the episode (and Marcus' reaction to Nick's tweets)!!  They're both pretty great.  These people need to win awards for the entertainment that they bring to my life every week!  This has become required weekly escapism for me.

I'm no fan of Nick's but I didn't find the tweets all that bad but I can understand Marcus being pissed off since there is so much bad blood between those two.  

Sara expects all these shallow guys to see past her unflattering one piece, etc, and yet she chose the most conventionally handsome, sought after guy there.

Marquel was in the little brother zone for me on Andi's season but now that he's left the cute tickle fights and cookies stuff behind, I'm starting to get it. Just watching him stroll down the beach with Michelle Money was making me swoon.

Somewhere Nikki is seething because Clare is getting such a good edit. I've always liked her.

• Love 4
I see Michelle Money is still lying about her age. She's an attractive woman, but she is NOT in her early 30s, unless she spent the last 20 years chain smoking on a tanning bed.

Don't you realize?  "Bachelorette-Years" are sort of like dog-years.  You have to add at least 5-7 years to every lady's stated age to come close to their chronological age.

Otherwise, unless she's a great actress, I have to say that I think Sarah in on a whole other emotional plane from the rest of the ladies, in terms of her self-esteem, insecurity, etc.  And I'm afraid that it's going to be rather uncomfortable to watch.

The way she was nervous about asking the guy on the date?  The way she took him aside afterwards and said he didn't have to give her a Rose just because she took him on a date?  Ummmm, YEHITDUZ!!!  She clearly either doesn't know how to "play the game" or is entirely too nice of a person to be anywhere near Fleiss and his crew without wearing one of those HAZMAT suits from Contagion.  

And the way that guy said he might give the Rose to Lacy (because, MOTORBOAT!!!!), but he thought (in so many words) that she deserved a pity-rose?  Man, I really hope things don't play out with Sarah the way I'm afraid they will.  It's all fun and games until someone who's genuinely nice and authentic gets really hurt.

• Love 6

This was so satisfying! 

My husband and I have decided, thanks to Courtney Robertson, that the Bachelor Phrase "Been in the Ocean with ___" is now a euphemism for sex.  Yay.  

Watching Clare and someone watch Dylan and Elyse in the ocean was meta-gold.  

I can only hope that the editors continue to be on their game.  The raccoon, the lightning strikes, everything AshLee said while miked up and off camera? all genius. 

• Love 3

One of the girls said she was happy Graham was there bc he's an 'older' man.  Um, whomever that was?  Is 33.  Graham?  is 35.  Wtf?!?!

Lacy also reminds me of Christine Taylor, who played Marcia (Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!!!) in the Brady Bunch movies.  Not a fan....of Lacy.  I do like Christine Taylor ;).

Edited by woodscommaelle

One of the girls said she was happy Graham was there bc he's an 'older' man.  Um, whichever lady it was?  Is 33.  Graham?  is 35.  Wtf?!?!

I think she just meant age-appropriate for her. There's not much point hooking up with guys who are 25-30, because it's unlikely they'll take a 33-year-old woman seriously as a love interest. Least of all this shallow bunch.

• Love 4

Lacy looked like a completely different person dry and covered in make-up than she did wet with her make-up washed off.    Her made-up self looks fake head-to-toe, like I expect her to have hair extensions, colored contact lenses, false eyelashes, lip injections, teeth whitening, breast implants, acrylic nails, etc., which may not actually be the case, but she looks SO overdone that every part of her looks like it was purchased to me.  I would think men would prefer her looking more natural, like someone they could make out with and not have to worry about accidentally detaching something.

I feel so bad for everyone who was bitten by fire ants.  The bites are painful enough, but it's the itching afterward that is unbearable and goes on for weeks.  Those little things are no joke!

• Love 3

I feel bad for Graham because he is now totally stuck with Ashlee. As Daniella so funnily said, "she will murder you in your sleep" if you talk to her man. What made it sadder was how Graham absolutely lit up when Michelle Money walked in---it's too bad they couldn't make it work.

Elise and Dylan are an interesting match-- if they take time out of ocean frolicking they can help each other through their losses (she lost her mother, he lost two siblings).

I'm not really a Clare-a-dise fan ("I had a dream I was on top of the ruins with my hands up! You have to take a picture of me with my hands up! And you too.") but when she called Marcus' swimsuit "tighty orangies" that was hilarious.

Can't decide which was more mortifying, Ashlee's "I follow him on social medias" re: Graham or Sarah having to ask Marcus for a kiss. 

This show is awesome entertainment. I was almost overstimulated when they had back to back batshit scenes with Ashlee and Clare talking to themselves and Mexican wildlife.

• Love 1

I was doing the dishes and couldn't hear or see that well. Who was it that originally went in the ocean and some other couple was watching and saying, "we're witnessing their first kiss"?  I didn't see who was watching, but most of all, who was in the ocean.

Loved the show! Given my weakness for trashy reality TV shows, it's a good thing I only have limited basic digital cable. Otherwise, my TiVo would be crammed full of them and I'd never leave the house. Even with the regular networks and Discovery, there's already plenty of them.

I don't recall Ashlee but girl be crazy. 

Does this ring a bell? "I LOVE SEAN!" shouted out to the world after she knew him, what, about a week?

I can't help it, I like Claire. I know she was drama on her season but I like her. I don't like her (& a lot of the other girls) giagantic earrings even while in the ocean.

I actually like those gold chandelier ones although those are not something I'd wear hiking. On Juan Pablo's season during the hometown date, she was wearing the same pair of earrings I have from Kohl's. Am now wondering if I should check there for the gold ones. I liked her all right during her season but am definitely liking her more now. However, as nice as I am and don't want to hurt someone's feelings, I still would have gone on the date with Graham if I had chosen him first. She can't waste time finding someone if she wants to stay on the show.

I have spent time with Graham. He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Beauty is subjective, but his personality makes him look even more attractive, in my opinion

I've liked him ever since Bachelor Pad when he became a close/best friend to Michelle Money after the show. He was there for her when her father died and apparently was an exceptional person in her life during that time.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 1
And now apparently Michelle Money doesn't understand what went wrong in their relationship - why can't this grown-ass man (tm Chris B) of 35 just tell her?

When she was saying that, I was thinking "well, honey, you had sex, it was fun, and then it was done. I mean, come on, you're a mother in her 'early 30's' who is a participant in multiple Bachelor shows, you know how this works." 

Clare is a coward. Just go on the date with the guy you want. They are the ones with the roses, not that insane woman. No reason to let Ashlee have her way.

I wonder if part of her issue was also that she guessed he might feel pressured to give Ashlee his rose, so she'd be better off seeking out a guy who might give her their rose?  Well, that and the crazy.  Doesn't do much good to get a rose if you get killed in your sleep. 

Does anyone else think that they believe there is a cash prize at the end of the show?  That could explain some of the desperate attempts at hook-ups.

I think that's part of it.  A lot of them probably came in thinking this was going to be something like The Bachelor Pad, just in "Paradise" this time.  That, and they're famewhores.  If hooking up is what keeps them around and on camera, then hooking up it will be.  (And maybe there's some kind of daily stipend, so the longer you're there, the more you get?  And yes, that applies to the stipend and the STD's.) 

I feel bad for Graham because he is now totally stuck with Ashlee. As Daniella so funnily said, "she will murder you in your sleep" if you talk to her man. What made it sadder was how Graham absolutely lit up when Michelle Money walked in---it's too bad they couldn't make it work.

If hooking up is what keeps them around and on camera, then hooking up it will be.  (And maybe there's some kind of daily stipend, so the longer you're there, the more you get?  And yes, that applies to the stipend and the STD's.)

For those who say you miss the challenges and contests of Bachelor Pad, I think they've basically made "hooking up" the only and on-going challenge required to survive Every. Week.  It's like a whole seasons' worth of Fantasy Suite Weeks.  To which, Dante sighed and started drafting an addendum.

As far as Michelle and Graham, and others who have various degrees of "relationships" going into this season, I wouldn't be surprised if they were busy working out deals to help each other stick around longer.  Maybe Michelle and Graham have an agreement to give each other roses if necessary, but otherwise to keep around people who'll increase their own odds of making it to the end.  

Graham's keeping crazy AshLee makes sense once he was sure that Michelle was safe.  Assuming the women are handing out roses next week, Michelle will be safe.  AshLee is 100% keeping Graham next week.  So they're both guaranteed to make it to at least "week" 3.

• Love 2

Okay, I was looking forward to this as cheesy, sleazy fun. What I didn't expect was that it would be mind-numbingly boring.

Maybe I'm just getting too old and too cynical to enjoy this kind of thing. But when they take away the travel and one-to-one artifice of "romance" of TB, and even take away the "game show competition" aspect of Bachelor Pad (which I hated, but concede it was more interesting than this), what are you left with?

A hot,humid, (imo not very gorgeous beach) with a lot of people who just showed up to get more camera time and pick up a few dollars. It is like watching 14 teenagers at a co-ed summer camp (CH as head counselor)--their latest crushes, the gossiping and squabbles, the endless rehashing of "Does he really care for me--or would I rather make out with his friend?"  Maybe an hour...no, not even that would have helped.

I don't dislike Michelle Money, but all her TH about how old she was, with stretch marks etc. then decided to go to Marquel. I'm sorry, but that just seemed like more of "I'm kind of a loser, but maybe the lone black guy will be glad to get my attention." I feel pretty bad for him because--still good looking (inc. with glasses), still lots of fun, but he has no chance in Hell of finding a genuine hook up here. And the ethnic mix (i.e. all white people plus Marquel) is pretty gross in this day and age.

Mexico has lots of gorgeous beaches. Maybe this place has been "Bachelor-ified" but that location just didn't look nice to stay a long time in at all. Or maybe it was the boring way it was filmed ("Here's someone walking on the sand. Oh look! Another person walking on the sand....Here we are all sitting around together in a living room."....ZZZzzzzz.....)

• Love 3

I'm no fan of Nick's but I didn't find the tweets all that bad but I can understand Marcus being pissed off since there is so much bad blood between those two.  

Marcus' over-reaction to those tweets is one of the very reasons he never did a thing for me throughout Andi's season. He comes across in my opinion as this incredibly bland, generically good looking guy who seems to take himself way too seriously. I am sorry, how can you not be made fun of when you make statements like it's important to tell a woman you love them in the first 24 hours of meeting them and talking about people not being there for the "right reasons".

As the EW reviewer for the episode noted, pray tell, what the hell exactly are those right reasons for this hot mess? And I could understand getting upset if Nick only ragged on him but he snarked on a bunch of things including Claire talking about herself in the third person which Claire herself tweeted back to him, amused by the whole thing. Marcus just needs to get over himself in my opinion.

Meanwhile, I have to agree with Padma about this being kind of boring. Of course I only watched one season of Bachelor Pad before getting bored and never checked out the other two. And I've missed like half of the Bachelor seasons so I guess it's probably safe to say I'm not the core Bachelor/ette franchise fan, which means this show is likely not geared towards me. It had its decent and funny moments but yeah all in all, kind of boring for me. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

I'm old & don't do the Twitter unless I stumble on it. Could someone please point me in the direction of the Nick/Marcus kerfuffle?

It is like watching 14 teenagers at a co-ed summer camp (CH as head counselor)--their latest crushes, the gossiping and squabbles, the endless rehashing of "Does he really care for me--or would I rather make out with his friend?"  Maybe an hour...no, not even that would have helped.

I know. It almost bummed me out it was so awful. And yet, I know I'll continue to watch. What the hell is wrong with me?

Marcus and AshLee should hook up because they are the male and female versions of each other. They both have the ability to convince themselves that they're in love with whomever their intended target is within a very small amount of time. It's freaking delusional. And sad.

This is going to sound mean, but to me Sarah's problem is that she's just incredibly boring. People tend to be attracted to vibrancy and she has none. I'm guessing she's shy and insecure because of her physical anomaly (I would be too!), but she needs to find a way to boost her confidence and stop looking for validation from the outside world, especially the freaking Bachelor/ette franchise! Get this poor woman some therapy. Casting her in this borders on cruel.

The only thing I really enjoyed was the editing. Clare talking to the adorable racoon, who then backed away slowly, was pure genius!

• Love 3

Graham's keeping crazy AshLee makes sense once he was sure that Michelle was safe.  Assuming the women are handing out roses next week, Michelle will be safe.  AshLee is 100% keeping Graham next week.  So they're both guaranteed to make it to at least "week" 3.

If that's the reason Graham gave AshLee the rose, then it's really too bad that he didn't know how many women were actually interested before AshLee peed on him.  With AshLee out of the picture, Graham would have probably done just fine next week.  Otherwise, this rose ceremony was the best way to get AshLee out of his hair right from the beginning...He doesn't give AshLee the rose, it's a guarantee none of the other guys are going to give AshLee a rose, because she's a) cray, and b) obsessed with Graham, so then AshLee leaves.  Done!  That was a real opportunity wasted, just to get a bye to week 3. Especially when you know that the first three weeks are going to be a misery anyway. 

Edit to Add:  Uhh, okay, now I don't know what to think.  Legit or no? If so, then it's sad the way it played out.  Bachelor in Paradise: Which Former Contestant Did Graham Bunn Join the Cast to Meet? http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/ok-originals/bachelor-in-paradise-graham-bunn-interview/

Edited by whirlingdervish
Was it Marcus who took one look at Lacy and decided she was smart and kind? Hubs and I laughed and laughed, we're going to describe all the women with gigantic clown boobs as "kind," from now on.

haha yeah it was after she came out into the water with him when he was in his tighty orangies. There, in those waves, they had a "really good conversation" and he deemed her smart and kind. 

ramble go to twitter and find @marcusgrodd and see the kerfuffle, which is a perfect word for it! A couple of prissy boys throwing down. 

If that's the reason Graham gave AshLee the rose, then it's really too bad that he didn't know how many women were actually interested before AshLee peed on him.  With AshLee out of the picture, Graham would have probably done just fine next week.  Otherwise, this rose ceremony was the best way to get AshLee out of his hair right from the beginning...He doesn't give AshLee the rose, it's a guarantee none of the other guys are going to give AshLee a rose, because she's a) cray, and b) obsessed with Graham, so then AshLee leaves.  Done!  That was a real opportunity wasted, just to get a bye to week 3. Especially when you know that the first three weeks are going to be a misery anyway.

But it's probably also true that none of the other guys will want anything to do with AshLee's brand of crazy.  So she'll always be easy to boot down the line.  As opposed to someone who, if given enough time, will build an alliance that could be a threat to Graham.

And, yes.  I hate myself for actually wasting brain cells analyzing strategy with this train wreck.

I saw that interview where Graham said he was interested in meeting AshLee.  Assuming those comments were given after-the-fact, I'm not sure what they indicate about how things play out.  Of course, it could be that he was interested in meeting her, until he met her. 

I didn't watch Sarah's season. Did she ever say how she lost her forearm/hand?

In her introduction on her Bachelor season, she said that the umbilical cord had gotten wrapped around her arm in utero, and I think it basically cut it off. She was born without her forearm.

• Love 1
This is going to sound mean, but to me Sarah's problem is that she's just incredibly boring. People tend to be attracted to vibrancy and she has none. I'm guessing she's shy and insecure because of her physical anomaly (I would be too!), but she needs to find a way to boost her confidence and stop looking for validation from the outside world, especially the freaking Bachelor/ette franchise! Get this poor woman some therapy. Casting her in this borders on cruel.

I always kind of side eye the people who go on these shows and then claim to be insecure or have low self esteem.  As someone who actually has dealt with insecurity to various degrees, I can guarantee you the absolute last thing I would ever have considered doing as a young single person was putting myself on TV, especially on a show like The Bachelor (or any of its various branches).  I mean, you have low self-esteem (especially due to a physical issue, like in this case), and you go on a show to compete with attractive people for a guy?  It makes so little sense to me. It comes across more to me like "if I say I have low self esteem, people will tell me how fucking awesome I am." 

• Love 11

Claire is adorable!

Marquel, call me!

Lacy's boobs are the 7th and 8th girl.

Elise is still awkward as hell.

Ashlee is batshit. Reality Steve wasn't kidding when he said she is certifiable.

Graham looks awful but he will forever have a spot in my heart after his appearance in DeAnna's season.

Dying at Marcus during his depression night swim in his tight orange underwear.

Michelle M. is awesome and yay for picking Marquel. He is so freaking adorable I can't.

Booo for Danielle leaving. She is awesome.

Claire is a doll and deserves to find love.

• Love 4

I think I liked Lacy better as the sweet girl who has lots of handicapped siblings and works as a nursing home caregiver, than I do as a dewy-eyed idiot which is what she's looking like here.  #Editing, I'm sure, but still, I doubt they wrote the "80/40" line for her.

Clare looked incredibly sexy when she had sand all over her. I'm not sure why, but it definitely gave me thoughts that did not necessarily fall into the category of "right reasons".

Sarah is sweet, and I hope one of these guys recognizes and is attracted to that.

Quick Twitter roll for those who may be interested:

Clare: https://twitter.com/Clare_Crawley (I personally love this one! She at least seems to have a sense of humor about the whole thing.)

Nick: https://twitter.com/viallnicholas28 ("One time I was on tv" it says in his bio.)

Marcus: https://twitter.com/marcusgrodd

Ashley Spivey (Brad S II): https://twitter.com/AshleySpivey .  I only mention her because I just stumbled upon it and she's funny as hell!

Edited by MarkHB
  • Love 1

Marcus' over-reaction to those tweets is one of the very reasons he never did a thing for me throughout Andi's season. He comes across in my opinion as this incredibly bland, generically good looking guy who seems to take himself way too seriously.

Yeah, I think that's one the reasons he came off so "young" to me. People usually grow a personality as they get older and stop taking themselves so seriously all the time. Marcus has a long way to go.

I was also laughing at him knowing Lacy so well after 5 minutes. 4 of which she spent frolicking with another guy.

If Graham did indeed want to meet AshLee, then I guess that explains him giving her a rose. His gut was totally telling him not to do it though.

• Love 1

All these years I've resisted sticking so much as a toe in the twitter river -- until just now after MarkHB made it so easy for me. Just as I suspected, people sound so dreadfully inane. Marcus sounds about 16, and to think I was going to marry him just a few short weeks ago. I never did find the kerfuffle, but I couldn't go on.

• Love 1

I can't decide which is better..... the awesome trashiness that is this show or reading Nick's Twitter feed about the episode (and Marcus' reaction to Nick's tweets)!!

It almost seems worthwhile watching Andi's season to see this crap.  I mean crap in the most awesome sense.

• Love 2

I just tuned in and I am just here to see if you guys made it :). I'm so glad. Given that I can't talk to anybody in my real life about watching this show - the one's I dare tell give me a look that makes me feel dirty, I am glad to have your company.

You guys apply your intellect to snarking on this show in ways that really get my juices flowing :). I look forward to 'conversating' with you all.

FWIW - I almost never comment on reality tv 'contestants' appearance BUT I just don't get the awe the men have toward Lacy. Her lips look 'worked on' to me. Perhaps it's just her lipstick.

Edited by Beebee111
  • Love 1

All these years I've resisted sticking so much as a toe in the twitter river -- until just now after MarkHB made it so easy for me. Just as I suspected, people sound so dreadfully inane. Marcus sounds about 16, and to think I was going to marry him just a few short weeks ago. I never did find the kerfuffle, but I couldn't go on.

I fear I may owe you an apology.

Incidentally, I found Michelle Money's stream as well, and I think I know why she went on the show: she was giving shout-outs to the folks who did her jewelry, her rose ceremony dress, her hair extensions.... I have a feeling she has more sponsorships than a NASCAR driver!

• Love 1

violetr said:

...to me Sarah's problem is that she's just incredibly boring. People tend to be attracted to vibrancy and she has none.

And yet Ben, who said he wanted to keep someone he'd have fun with, chose Sarah instead of Daniella. Of course, this was after telling Daniella he'd give a rose to someone - like her! - who was fun to be around. Such a villain, that guy! But not a big enough meanie to cut Sarah I guess.

Best part of the episode for me: Marquel's TH in which he was wearing print suspenders safety pinned to his plaid shirt. Hope he brought other forms of protection as well! I kid, I kid. I like Marquel.

I so enjoyed all of their ITMs about how GORGEOUS everything was, because based on what I know from Reality Steve (and also because I have eyes) the place was a complete shithole.

I'm glad to know this because that's what it looked like to me. But I kept thinking "No, can't be." Because I kept hearing the word "Paradise". I wonder why they didn't -really- find a paradise? I'm guessing the "summer replacement/filler" budget all went for the crew and CH.

• Love 1

Yeah the location is surprising. What, did they spend all the budget on the location shoots for Andi's season? I get that they wanted some on the beach location but I cannot believe they couldn't find some five star resort/villa in Mexico to film this. And not only did the place they were staying at look kind of dumpy, what the hell was up with those cheap ass dates? Clare and Robert just go stand around some ruins, Marcus and Sarah go swim in a cave and Michelle and Marquel ride some horses - where's the sight-seeing, food that no one will eat, random singer/songwriter, etc. 

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, but I was skimming parts, so if I missed it forgive me.  From Robert Mills' (ABC Exec) twitter account:

Very excited to announce the raccoon will be appearing on Dancing with the Stars this fall!! #BachelorInParadise #Let'sGetRabid

Hee!

Also, congratulations to @Alapaki who wins today's "Rhondie" (the award given by me for the best post of the day on one of my forums) for this:

For those who say you miss the challenges and contests of Bachelor Pad, I think they've basically made "hooking up" the only and on-going challenge required to survive Every. Week.  It's like a whole seasons' worth of Fantasy Suite Weeks.  To which, Dante sighed and started drafting an addendum.

The check is in the mail.  You have 30 seconds for your acceptance speech before we cut your mic and the band starts playing.

• Love 1

ramble go to twitter and find @marcusgrodd and see the kerfuffle, which is a perfect word for it! A couple of prissy boys throwing down.

Thanks for the hook up. (Sorry couldn't resist!) Dang Twitter is a windy, endless rabbit hole if you click through & around. I don't do Twitter or Instagram & rarely use Facebook only to keep up with extended family & long distance friends. So I am decidedly not in the know on the inner fighting & snipping back & forth. Thanks to everyone for hauling the info over here.

After seeing Guardians of the Galaxy I think Rocket's commentary on this show might be pure gold.