Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The Last Year Dance

• Start Topic

Good season premiere.  It acknowledged Covid without going overboard.  The tribute to Screech at the end was touching, but briefer than I expected.  I'm only on the second episode at this point, so I don't know if he will come up again.  It seemed like the clips of him came primarily from earlier seasons, and I can't help but think it's because Screech wasn't quite as much of a cartoon then as he was in later seasons.  Was the episode implying that he died of Covid?

• Love 2

I liked the reminiscing about Screech, but thought it was missing some emotion. They should have had an end card. Also were we to assume how he died? Because since the show started with Covid I'd think that's hos he died.

Was it just my TV, or did Lisa's lips not match her speaking? It was definitely Lark's voice, but it might have been an overdub?

It took me way too long to figure out that it was going to be a tribute to Screech. I kept wondering what Slater was trying to avoid.

The "Governor Prince Harry" line had me rolling. This show took some time to get up to speed in S1, but I am really enjoying it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Was it just my TV, or did Lisa's lips not match her speaking? It was definitely Lark's voice, but it might have been an overdub?

Lisa's delivery was definitely a little off.  I just assumed it was because the actress was rusty.

I hope they revisit their memories of Screech at some point.  It would be nice to see a reevaluation of his eternal pursuit/stalking of Lisa.

Governor Prince Harry line was hilarious. 

Also Mac saying “daisy said we couldn’t do the auction dance because too many would bid on me and it would cause a traffic jam”.

Daisy: “no I said it was human trafficking”.

I actually love the Mac/Daisy interactions.

• Love 2