Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Selfless Acts?

• Start Topic

They have created a small world in Power now.

The detective investigating Jabari’s death knows Carrie, seems like they used to date.

Carrie used to be a prosecutor at the DA’s office. She used to work with Saxe’s prosecutor fuck buddy.

The interaction between Davis and Carrie was interesting. Carrie’s comment about Davis not wearing his wedding ring left me with the implication that they knew each other personally.

Cane meets a new plug that already knows his parents. New plug and Monet used to have a thing back in the day.

Everybody now knows everybody.

• Love 1

Two NYPD cops goes to Tariq's dorm and couldn't bother tell him the the reason why he is being brought to the station!? A long, quiet drive they had. He had to find out once he saw Yaz there. Don't make sense.

Poor Yaz! Maybe she's better off in the foster home and away from these people. Now grandma has the DAT and Yaz is gone, she has that quiet time she's been yearning for.

Lil Guap may be the dumbest and is somehow fortunate to still be living. Why was he going to Dante's apartment? He now knows to never think you have bonded with a person just by spending one night at a strip club. Maybe Tariq and Cane should have blamed Jabari's murder on him. What was the point of having the chef put in ear plugs and allowed to be in view of the finger breaking session? The food will taste the same either way.

Why is Monet oppose to having Diana got school for her MBA? How old is Diana to be talking about MBA?

Diana now wants to get deeper in the business and is going to Effie to teach her. If Monet is always on Diana for her whereabouts, Diana will need to have a good explanation for being away for hours at Choate.

Once Tate saw the picture of Carrie, the clock started until those two are in bed. Will they even make it to the bedroom and just get it on in Jabari's old office? 

Carrie has quite the list of lovers. So far we know Zeke, Jabari,  Kevin, and Davis. Soon to be Tate.

Detective Kevin may be the creepiest, most terrible, always showing up at the most inopportune time detective on TV. His eyes bugged out when he was talking to Tariq. So Carrie is a prime suspect because she brought Jabari to Stanfield? Seems Kevin already had Carrie #1 on the list before that fact came to light. 

All that press for Zeke's announcement and a very very brief Q and A? Wasted their time being there. Send a press release next time.

Zeke's groupie is going to create trouble with the footage of him being taken by the NYPD. Already braking Monet's rule. She will just have to remind him again to watch out for these women.

New Edition, a Red Camaro and tossed garbage cans to contact Monet! What! We have phones and even emails in 2021! How much was Dante paying the girl to drive around town blasting that song annoying the people? Good grief! How convenient he and Monet had history in this "Big Rich Town". Those two couldn't come up with a better way to contact each other when they were younger?

According to Braydon, the family garage is more secure than the White House. Somehow Cane found the place, broke in and switched the drugs with ease. Good luck Diana to expose/confront Cane on this.

Most of Braydon's facial scars were gone at the pledging. Quick healer he is. His parents can afford the best skin care products.

WIll Dru have a story this season?

They couldn't give Effie an easier ass to kick? That girl must have weighed 80 pounds with her coat on. 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

They have created a small world in Power now.

The detective investigating Jabari’s death knows Carrie, seems like they used to date.

Carrie used to be a prosecutor at the DA’s office. She used to work with Saxe’s prosecutor fuck buddy.

Cane meets a new plug that already knows his parents. New plug and Monet used to have a thing back in the day.

Everybody now knows everybody.

Well "They" say it's a "BIG, rich town......". Not so big after all.

Maybe they should change the opening to the Cheers' theme song.

• LOL 1
40 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Two NYPD cops goes to Tariq's dorm and couldn't bother tell him the the reason why he is being brought to the station!? A long, quiet drive they had. He had to find out once he saw Yaz there. Don't make sense.

Poor Yaz! Maybe she's better off in the foster home and away from these people. Now grandma has the DAT and Yaz is gone, she has that quiet time she's been yearning for.

I feel like they haven’t appropriately aged Yaz’s character.

44 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Zeke's groupie is going to create trouble with the footage of him being taken by the NYPD. Already braking Monet's rule. She will just have to remind him again to watch out for these women.

If that footage creates trouble for him, he’ll find out the hard way.

11 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I feel like they haven’t appropriately aged Yaz’s character.

The Power universe isn’t in real time but Yaz was 2-3 in Season 1 of Power. Raina/Tariq we’re 12/13. If Tariq’s 19 now, Yaz should be 8/9 years old. I think the actress is 10 or so, given how long this universe is has been on I think they’ve done a pretty good job. 

SO- what in Carrie’s past makes her a suspect in a MURDER. Yes she knew Jabari and was having sex with him (we knew she is a sex addict), but gun shots in a park is not a typical “lover scorned” type situation. Did she go off and attack someone before she started her 12 step? I’m just wondering how they are making a leap from “they were co-workers sleeping together” to “she killed him”, when he was found dead in a public park. 

Cane needs to be careful. Mary J is doing what she can, if 50 cent improved his acting skills, she can too. But she’s making a mistake not having Diana enroll in school. Diana would have a legit skill set if the drug game goes wrong, as well as a way to hep the family. She’s being short sighted- and I also think she doesn’t want her children being more educated than her.

30 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

The Power universe isn’t in real time but Yaz was 2-3 in Season 1 of Power. Raina/Tariq we’re 12/13. If Tariq’s 19 now, Yaz should be 8/9 years old. I think the actress is 10 or so, given how long this universe is has been on I think they’ve done a pretty good job. 

My bad. I wasn't clear. Physically, they have aged the character with an age-appropriate actress. I imagined the character to be 9 or 10 when I thought about it. Looking at the interaction between Tariq and Yaz, it seemed like a 19 year old talking to a 6 year old mentally (or personality-wise. Don't have many good words to describe it). I feel like they have a 9 year old character with the script of a 6 year old.

I'm not sure if my expectations of 9 year olds are kinda high.

31 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Mary J is doing what she can, if 50 cent improved his acting skills, she can too.

This made me chuckle.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Cane needs to be careful. Mary J is doing what she can, if 50 cent improved his acting skills, she can too. But she’s making a mistake not having Diana enroll in school. Diana would have a legit skill set if the drug game goes wrong, as well as a way to hep the family. She’s being short sighted- and I also think she doesn’t want her children being more educated than her.

I don't like that Monet has such a singular focus. With Monet, it's black or white, and never gray. Either do the drug business and put all of their attention and resources there. If that doesn't work, 100% of the focus shifts to Zeke.

Hypothetically, had Monet let Diana out of that box and go to school, CourseCorrect could have been Diana's brainchild with all of the cash flow going to the family instead of splitting it with Tariq.

Lastly, did I miss the part where Diana has a bachelor's degree?

• Love 1
On 11/28/2021 at 9:57 PM, AntFTW said:

I imagined the character to be 9 or 10 when I thought about it. Looking at the interaction between Tariq and Yaz, it seemed like a 19 year old talking to a 6 year old mentally (or personality-wise. Don't have many good words to describe it). I feel like they have a 9 year old character with the script of a 6 year old.

I'm not sure if my expectations of 9 year olds are kinda high.

I’ve found that writers (outside of specific children’s programing) have a really hard time writing for kids between 7-14. “Precious wise beyond their years, yet cute” they can do, and they can handle “teen angst” but those middle years are usually awkwardly written. 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:03 PM, AntFTW said:

Lastly, did I miss the part where Diana has a bachelor's degree?

No I don’t think Diana has any post high school education- but she was saying her goal would be to get an MBA. Which is very forward thinking of her. 

Why couldn't they send Yasmine to be with her mother in witness protection? Too dangerous?

Caridad. Okay.

It'll be unfortunate if Zeke gets a career-ending injury and messes up Monet's big retirement plans. 🙄

How convenient that Tariq's buddy Brayden is related to the congressman Rashad wants to replace. And that Brayden is about to have access to the fraternity yearbook which may hold some ugly secrets Rashad can use against Sweeney.

Lol at Saxe putting in that work with Jenny. He gets inside prosecution info but what does she get? The D can't be that good that she'd put her job at risk.

Odd that Monet doesn't suspect Cane of being involved in the sugar vs coke switch. She's slipping.

Lauren is not about that life, Tariq. Good thing he's got Diana in his back pocket, that is until Effie snags her while he's not paying attention. 😏

When Zeke is out screwing random wannabe WAGS and NBA baby mamas, he better be keeping his peen double-wrapped.

What's Mecca/Dante up to? I thought maybe he was going to tell Monet he's Cane's connect. Meanwhile Monet the married woman is trying to play hard-to-get and Mecca knows that's iffy. (There are already spumors afoot that Mecca is Cane's daddy. If so, I think this time the apple did fall far from the tree.)

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lauren is not about that life, Tariq. Good thing he's got Diana in his back pocket, that is until Effie snags her while he's not paying attention. 😏

With this show, I can see this happening.

• Love 2
On 12/5/2021 at 2:44 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why couldn't they send Yasmine to be with her mother in witness protection? Too dangerous?

I think they wrote off Tasha the way they did because Nautri got the staring role on Queens (ABC). Keeping Yaz with the grandmother gives Tariq some family angst as well as motivation for Tasha to want to come back. 

• Useful 1
On 12/6/2021 at 8:34 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I think they wrote off Tasha the way they did because Nautri got the staring role on Queens (ABC). Keeping Yaz with the grandmother gives Tariq some family angst as well as motivation for Tasha to want to come back. 

Well if Tommy can keep showing up , so can Tasha. I would like to see Tasha again hopefully she has settled her ass down. 

• Love 1