Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E11: Finale

• Start Topic

I liked Amanda's fusion dance. And her dress. The lighting was a little hard to look at in some spots but I guess that's to be expected by now.

1 minute ago, scenicbyway said:

Derek has quarantined twice. I wonder if they are going in order from fewest points to most points.

I don't think he was sick the first time, though. Just exposed and quarantined out of caution, IIRC.

• Love 1

That was probably Cody’s best dance but still kinda a mess.

They’ve literally given Cheryl one outfit this season. Short black mesh with fringe at the bottom…

How did that dance get 9’s?!

Edited by scenicbyway
  • Love 8

Julianne's giving off slight Paula Abdul vibes with some of her comments tonight :p. 

"Tell me why you want that trophy." Really, Tyra? 

If JoJo doesn't wind up being one of the final two performers tonight, I will be genuinely surprised. I think the only question at this point is who'll be competing against her. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Okay, Len totally cracked me up in that Real Judges of Hollywood skit. "What the Dickens am I doing here? Who is this show for?"

Bruno was great, too. "I like my salsa like I like my salsa - extra spicy!"

I would watch that show, not gonna lie :D. 

My sister cracked up at Derek's response to Tyra asking him what he wanted to say to the finalists, when he gave a shoutout to the pros instead. She joked that it came off like, "You know, I don't want to talk to the finalists, actually..." :p. 

Edited by Annber03
  • LOL 4

Let’s not allow Iman to do any lifts :(

Yay! It didn’t matter :)

Carrie Ann’s dress is fugly. 

Edited by jette30a
Because Tyra’s stylist evidently got her hands on Carrie Ann’s closet.
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, nickp1991 said:

first same sex couple to win dwts is good marketing

Yes it is. And they definitely knew what they were doing with that casting.

I remember Jojo from Dance Moms. Wow, she is an adult and an amazing dancer. I really, really like and admire the adult she has become.  Just a couple of years ago I thought she was trapped in this rainbow and bows little girl/not really an adult (which I think may have something/a lot  to do with her momager). I love seeing the independent strong proud young woman she has become.

They are really pushing her to be the winner. 

But I’m not voting for her, because, for me,  Iman is the one who showed the most growth this season. He was an awkward, incredibly tall person, but he figured out to work with his height - Daniella is an amazing choreographer, partner and dancer.

• Love 8

Iman did a great job and is pure joy. Especially since they made it so they couldn’t do lifts. He does the steps, something Cody doesn’t do. I’m glad the judges like him. Also, what is going on with Julianne, more nonsense. We get it, they made you watch the whole season before judging…

Edited by scenicbyway
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Bruno was great, too. "I like my salsa like I like my salsa - extra spicy!"

That was funny, too, but Len really embodied my general feeling about shows like that, so...

I'm still giggling.

• Love 2

Meanwhile, I'm over here just humming along with the song :D. Rather odd choice of song for a night like this, given the lyrical content*, but hey, whatever. 

*(I remember when that song would be on the radio back in the day, and the awkwardness of trying to sing along with it while your parents are in the room/car. Good times :p.)

• LOL 3

I'd never heard that song Cody and Cheryl danced to before. It was entertaining :D. 

Some of their arm and hand moves at the beginning made me think they were going to break into Madonna's "Vogue" at one point :p. That was fun. 

• Love 1

That

5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I really didn't need Cody pole dancing, even if it was just for a second.

I'm going to guess this will be my least favorite freestyle of the night.

It wasn't even good pole dancing 🤷

It was kind of a mess. But that was the most personality he's ever had.

They will probably all get 40s unless some like strips naked and does the chicken dance 😂

Edited by shoregirl
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Cheryl looked really uncomfortable in that freestyle, while Cody actually looked like he was having fun. It’s hard not to compare that with Jenna and Adam Rippon, and how much more comfortable Jenna was in that style.

I still feel like it was a mismatched partnership. Britt (or if they let him have a male, maybe Val) could have tapped into Cody’s energy a lot better. Unknown if they could have fixed some of his posture issues, but I think they would have had a better chance of making it more entertaining.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

OMG how did that get 10’s. Yikes

Yikes is right, that was just, well, something.

Something not right.

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I told my friend before that my order of preference is Iman, then Jojo, then Amanda, and Cody shouldn't even be there.

Right, I would have loved to see The Miz or Jimmie in the finale. They brought to much character to their dances and grew exponentially each week.

For me, Cody has had only one “personality” across all the weeks and I didn’t see much improvement in his dancing. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Right, I would have loved to see The Miz or Jimmie in the finale. They brought to much character to their dances and grew exponentially each week.

Yeah, I was hoping for Jimmie to make it.

Amanda's freestyle was good.

Still can't wait to see what Daniella came up with.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Cheryl looked really uncomfortable in that freestyle, while Cody actually looked like he was having fun. It’s hard not to compare that with Jenna and Adam Rippon, and how much more comfortable Jenna was in that style.

I still feel like it was a mismatched partnership. Britt (or if they let him have a male, maybe Val) could have tapped into Cody’s energy a lot better. Unknown if they could have fixed some of his posture issues, but I think they would have had a better chance of making it more entertaining.

Cheryl even said in the package that their personalities were just opposite. It’s been obvious since Covid they didn’t get along.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, scenicbyway said:

Aww. That was nice for Amanda, no gimmicks other than the floating at the beginning. It was just pure dance. Very nice.

Tyra was right earlier, someone actually did fly around the ballroom :D! 

But yeah, that was nice. I liked the colorful lighting throughout. 

• LOL 1

I thought that was lovely, but I hate when the pros dancing alongside the stars resemble them in any way.  The floor is dark, they’re in dark clothing, so I had to really concentrate to tell which woman with long blonde hair was which.

Cut me some slack, I’m old.

Edited by CraftyHazel
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Yeah, I was hoping for Jimmie to make it.

Amanda's freestyle was good.

Still can't wait to see what Daniella came up with.

Amanda was good technically most of the season, but didn’t seem like a “performer”. Last week and this week her whole body and soul were dancing.

• Love 3