Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Echo

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Echo is a spin-off from the Hawkeye series on Disney Plus.

FEAeXvwVEAsu2xf?format=jpg&name=medium

“Hawkeye” the series on Disney Plus introduces Alaqua Cox as the character Maya Lopez, a.k.a. Echo, a deaf Native American martial artist who can perfectly replicate a person’s moves, hence the name. In the comics, she’s a formidable force who has mixed it up with the likes of Daredevil, Blade and the Avengers (including Hawkeye). She was also the first to go by the name Ronin, the same alias Barton used as a rogue assassin in Avengers: Endgame.

Echo is one of the people pursuing Clint and Kate in Hawkeye.

APT-105-19933_R.jpg

APT-103-19054_R.jpg

Alaqua Cox on the set of Hawkeye

hawkeye-Alaqua-Cox-echo-maya-lopez.png?w

Next Big Thing: ‘Hawkeye’ Star Alaqua Cox Prepares for Marvel Stardom

Interview with Alaqua Cox in The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

000069770015extended-EMBED-2021.jpg?w=87

There are rumors that Echo has added Graham Greene to its cast.

Echo-Graham.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=943&h=50

There are also rumors suggesting that the setting won't be in New York City since they are currently filming in two small towns in Georgia (Grantville and Social Circle). But that doesn't rule out that these two towns couldn't be a stand in for small towns in New York. There is still a lot of production left.

Edited by AnimeMania
(edited)

Possible spoiler...

Spoiler

MCU: Daredevil & Kingpin's Upcoming Reunion Spoiled by New Listing
By Russ Milheim   April 5, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-daredevil-kingpin-upcoming-reunion-spoilers 

Thanks to costume designer Stacy Caballero’s resume, fans have some strong evidence that Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio’s Daredevil and Kingpin will be showing up in the upcoming Echo Disney+ series.

On the resume, under the latest entry for Echo (2023), Alaqua Cox’s leading character is listed. Right after the leading actress’ name under the series title are Vincent D’Onofrio and Charlie Cox, indicating that the two could have significant roles in the show.

376DC33B-8C36-4FC5-BCF0-71D92DD500D9.jpg 

Update: Caballero has now made her Instagram private and removed any mention of Echo from her website and resume.

Edited by tv echo

The origin story of Echo revisits Maya Lopez, whose ruthless behavior in New York City catches up with her in her hometown. She must face her past, reconnect with her Native American roots and embrace the meaning of family and community if she ever hopes to move forward.

FS9_nKuUEAAOKEa.jpg

FWIW, the mods on the Marvel Studios Spoilers reddit page posted the following Echo info yesterday...

Tales From The Mod Queue: Eternals 2, Quake, The Marvels, and Many More!
Posted by u/MSSmods Vision     July 17, 2022
Reddit page link

Spoiler

Echo

- Charlie Cox only filmed for a few days

- One of the villains of the show is described as a hunter-like character that’s wild and crazy and will force Echo out of wherever she is at the start of the series

First Look at Kingpin's Return In Disney+'s Echo (Photos)
By Richard Nebens    August 9, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/first-look-at-kingpins-return-in-disneys-echo-photos 

The Atlanta Filming Instagram account shared the first on-set images of Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk in Marvel Studios' Echo.

In the two images, D'Onofrio dons the Kingpin's classic white suit with a black dress shirt, reprising his role in the MCU for the first time since 2021's Hawkeye. The caption for the images indicates that they were cropped to avoid spoiling any plot points in the scene D'Onofrio is filming:

"I don't think these will sell. Ironheart barely sold. Here he is with and without his jacket in a new snazzy suit. I was careful to crop these to avoid the plot points in the scene."

Includes snippet of Echo presentation with Alaqua Cox, Devery Jacobs, Cody Lightning, Chaske Spencer, Graham Greene and Vincent D'Onofrio...

Marvel Studios Announcements at D23 Expo 2022
Marvel Entertainment   Sep 11, 2022

Includes snippet of Alaqua Cox talking (signing) about Echo...

MCU Stars LIVE from the Marvel Studios panel at D23 Expo 2022
Marvel Entertainment   Sep 10, 2022

Echo Footage Description: Maya Lopez Shows Off Her Photographic Reflexes In Marvel's Latest Streaming Series [D23]
BY JOSHUA MEYER AND DANIELLE RYAN/UPDATED: SEPT. 10, 2022 
https://www.slashfilm.com/1000438/echo-footage-description-maya-lopez-shows-off-her-photographic-reflexes-in-marvels-latest-streaming-series-d23/ 

The footage shown at D23 began with Echo on her motorcycle,

Spoiler

while an old man provides a context over her trek. He begins by explaining, "our ancestors were powerful," and the scene cuts to a flashback of an Indigenous tribe. "Their strength echoes through you," he tells Maya, which might be another part of why she took on the codename Echo. Although, it's also a fun play on her abilities as a Deaf woman with photographic reflexes who can echo anything she sees.

We see that the voice talking is one of Echo's elders, perhaps her grandfather, played by Graham Greene. He gives Echo a prosthetic leg with decorations on it that mean "warrior," and she signs to him that she needs to go home. There are some quick action beats intercut with clips of Indigenous people, and then the teaser ends with Vincent D'Onofrio back as Wilson Fisk, A.K.A. Kingpin. 

His eye is bandaged from his last encounter with his surrogate daughter as he says, "It's been a long time."

Edited by tv echo

Marvel Studios' ECHO Suffers Big Delay
By Klein Felt    December 13, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-studios-echo-delay 

After previously being announced with an Early Summer 2023 release window, the MCU streaming series Echo has seemingly been delayed at least six months. 

Speaking on the newly-released The Writers Panel podcast (via the Cosmic Circus), Echo showrunner Marion Dayre noted that the show will debut "a year from when [the podcast] comes out."
Blacker:  This [the podcast] comes out in a week or two. When does Echo premiere?

Dayre: “That will be probably a year from when this comes out.”

Blacker: “Oh, are you kidding?! I thought it was like within months…Geez, I’m sorry.”

How Much Is Too Much Marvel and ‘Star Wars’? Disney Rethinks Franchise Output
BY AARON COUCH, BORYS KIT    FEBRUARY 16, 2023
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/marvel-star-wars-tv-shows-movies-slowdown-1235326681/ 

... Now, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Loki season two and the Samuel L. Jackson-led Secret Invasion are the only sure bets to debut this year. Even projects that wrapped months ago, such as the Hawkeye spinoff Echo and Wakanda Forever spinoff Ironheart, are unlikely to arrive in 2023 as the studio spreads out its content and tinkers in postproduction. And shows in development, such as Nova, are now on a slower path.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Marvel Studios Announces New Premiere Dates for ‘Loki’ and ‘Echo’
BY RACHEL PAIGE     MAY 16, 2023
https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/marvel-studios-loki-echo-disney-plus-upfronts 

Echo - November 29

Marvel Studios’ Echo will arrive on November 29, 2023 on Disney+, with all episodes dropping onto the streaming platform that day. The new series tells the origin story of Maya Lopez, whose ruthless behavior in New York City catches up with her in her hometown. She must face her past, reconnect with her Native American roots and embrace the meaning of family and community if she ever hopes to move forward. 

Edited by tv echo

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Good Wife Spinoff, Daryl Dixon, Dark Winds, Ahsoka, grown-ish, Echo and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH  AUGUST 22, 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/the-good-wife-spinoff-spoilers-elsbeth-matt-czuchry-cary/daryl-dixon-spinoff/ 

I read somewhere that Echo is no longer coming out this year. Can you confirm? –Dale
There was rampant, Don’t-Bother-to-Pick-Up-a-Phone speculation about the Hawkeye offshoot’s fate when it was not included among “Key Upcoming Disney+ Releases” on an earnings call chart that was, mind you, clearly labeled “not exhaustive” — but I am told that its Nov. 29, binge-style drop date remains unchanged as of press time.

Edited by tv echo

New trailer! Also confirms new release date and that it’ll still be a binge drop. I kinda hoped they would recalibrate in wake of the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes slowing down the pipeline.

The tag line “no bad deed goes unpunished” has to be a Punisher tease, right?

Edited by arc

This was the one I was least looking forward to, despite liking Echo in Hawkeye. But the trailer looked good and closer to the Netflix Marvel shows then Disney +. The TV-MA rating probably helps with that. Also the blink and you'll miss it Daredevil cameo. 

• Like 1

Variety:

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/echo-trailer-marvel-hulu-rating-release-date-1235778785/

The Marvel series “Echo” — which debuted its inaugural trailer on Friday and premieres on Jan. 10 — contains several firsts for the company. It’s the first Marvel Studios production that will debut simultaneously on Disney+ and Hulu, the first that will have every episode available to binge at once and the first that will be rated TV-MA. And most importantly to director and executive producer Sydney Freeland (“Reservation Dogs”), it is the first superhero series ever to center on a deaf and a Native American character: Maya Lopez (Alaqua Cox), who made her debut in the 2021 series “Hawkeye.”

(There's no spoiler below; I pushed the spoiler button and now I can't delete the spoiler box on mobile.)

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

This was the one I was least looking forward to, despite liking Echo in Hawkeye.

I am hoping this will turn out like Andor. Remember first hearing about that? A show about who? That background dude from Rogue One? What do we need that for?

I'm very glad I was wrong. The trailer gives me high hopes. This show looks brutal but in a good way.

• Like 1

As Maya is Choctaw and the show was made in consultation with the Choctaw Nation, the first two episodes were screened for Choctaw Nation's annual powwow: https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/echo-screening-choctaw-day-celebration

Marvel also announced Spotlight:

Echo will be the first series under the Marvel Spotlight banner, and Head of Streaming Brad Winderbaum said of the decision to launch the new banner with Echo, “Marvel Spotlight gives us a platform to bring more grounded, character-driven stories to the screen, and in the case of Echo, focusing on street-level stakes over larger MCU continuity. Just like comics fans didn’t need to read Avengers or Fantastic Four to enjoy a Ghost Rider Spotlight comic, our audience doesn’t need to have seen other Marvel series to understand what’s happening in Maya’s story.”

Marvel’s ‘Echo’ First Reactions: “Dark, Gritty, Violent”
Rayyan   December 7, 2023
https://thecinegeek.com/disney-plus/echo-first-reactions-dark-gritty-violent/

Echo First Reactions Say It Will Please Daredevil Fans, Praise Alaqua Cox
BY JONATHAN FUGE    DECEMBER 8, 2023
https://movieweb.com/echo-first-reactions-please-daredevil-fans-alaqua-cox/

ECHO First Reactions Are In: "Fans Of Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Are Going To Love It"
By MarkCassidy - Dec 07, 2023 
https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/echo/echo-first-reactions-are-in-fans-of-netflixs-daredevil-are-going-to-love-it-a208219#gs.1bs07i

I can't tell if dropping them all on a Tuesday is a burner or faith. Also the fact that it's only 5 episodes makes me think it's just dumping a crap show in January.  Unless those 5 episodes are 1 hour long episodes like the Netflix Marvel Shows.

I generally had no interest in this after Hawkeye but, the promos look good and, if this is D+ trying to bring in/honor the R rated Netflix Series I'm willing to give it a look.

15 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I can't tell if dropping them all on a Tuesday is a burner or faith. Also the fact that it's only 5 episodes makes me think it's just dumping a crap show in January.  Unless those 5 episodes are 1 hour long episodes like the Netflix Marvel Shows.

I generally had no interest in this after Hawkeye but, the promos look good and, if this is D+ trying to bring in/honor the R rated Netflix Series I'm willing to give it a look.

I think it is more of a setup for / transition to the Disney+ Daredevil TV series. I think the new Disney has zero interest in the Echo TV series.

2024 TV Preview: Avatar, Echo, Shogun, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Penguin and 15 More Shows We’re Excited About
BY REBECCA IANNUCCI, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, KIMBERLY ROOTS, ANDY SWIFT, VLADA GELMAN, DAVE NEMETZ, RYAN SCHWARTZ, NICK CARUSO, KEISHA HATCHETT, CLAIRE FRANKEN   DECEMBER 29, 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/best-new-tv-shows-2024/echo-3/

Echo (Disney+/Hulu)
WHY IT EXCITES US: After Maya Lopez (played by Alaqua Cox) nearly killed her adoptive father Wilson Fisk (Vincent D’Onofrio) in the live-action Hawkeye series, we’re eager to see the deaf and Indigenous martial artist navigate the fallout from that, while also confronting her past in the upcoming offshoot. And as Disney+’s first Marvel series rated TV-MA — which will also feature Charlie Cox reprising his role as Daredevil — the show looks to be a gloriously brutal affair, and we just love that for Maya. — Keisha Hatchett

SERIES PREMIERE DATE: Tuesday, Jan. 9, at 9/8c (all five episodes)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Marvel Studios' Echo | Prey | Disney+ & Hulu
Marvel Entertainment   Jan 2, 2023

Also, this video clip showing a fight sequence between Maya and Daredevil was apparently shown during a game broadcast on Sky Sports...

Daredevil VS Echo Leaked Scene | Marvel Echo Disney Plus
Ferhat Kucur    Jan 1, 2024

Also, Marvel Studios' Assembled: The Making of Echo will premiere on Disney+ on Jan. 31...

Next On Disney+ | January 2024
Disney Plus   Jan 1, 2024

Echo interview: Alaqua Cox On Wilson Fisk & The Importance Of Representation In The MCU
Screen Rant Plus    Jan 3, 2023

Echo Interview: Vincent D’Onofrio On Wilson Fisk's Place In The MCU & Relationship With Maya Lopez

Echo Interview: Chaske Spencer & Devery Jacobs On Maya's Found Family In New MCU Show

Echo Interview: Brad Winderbaum On Wilson Fisk's Importance & The Marvel Spotlight Banner

Echo Interview: Director Sydney Freeland On Maya's Dysfunctional Relationship With Wilson Fisk

Echo Interview: Richie Palmer On Wilson Fisk's Reach Beyond New York & Marvel Spotlight Stories
Screen Rant Plus    Jan 2, 2023

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Marvel Studios' Echo | Ready | Disney+ & Hulu
Marvel Entertainment   Jan 5, 2024

Dave Porter - Echo (From "Echo"/Audio Only)
MarvelMusicVEVO   Jan 5, 2024

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Marvel's Echo First Reactions Surface Online: "Brutal and Violent"
By ADAM BARNHARDT   JAN 8, 2024
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/marvel-echo-mcu-first-reactions/

Echo Reactions Praise Brutal Action, Alaqua Cox and Daredevil & Kingpin’s Return
BY JONATHAN FUGE    JAN 9, 2024
https://movieweb.com/echo-reactions-praise-action-alaqua-cox-daredevil-kingpin/

Marvel's Echo First Social Media Reactions Are Here
BY ANDY BEHBAKHT     JAN 8, 2024
https://screenrant.com/marvel-echo-show-first-reactions-social-media/

Edited by tv echo

After hearing VDO as Fisk, it always amuses me how relaxed his regular speaking voice and manner are. It’s like talking with your neighbour’s adult son who happens to be an actor!