Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E01: There’s no Me in Polygamy

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Notice how Kody tells the others his original goal was to move to St. George, Utah but as soon as Robin says she wants to stay in Flagstaff he tells her that's what he wants too.  Unbelievable, this guy.

Before he ever mentioned moving to Flagstaff, he had supposedly picked out homes for each of his wives in St. George.  Everyone was sort of What!!  I don't remember what season or episode it was.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:

Alright, here's my quick thoughts in summary after catching up this morning.

Christine: So glad she got away from Kody and this entire group. I hope the show keeps her around so we can see how well she's doing.

Robyn: The whole world knows that she's the chosen wife. I'm not really sure what else there is to say about her.

Meri: I used to think she wanted to make Kody as miserable as she claimed he made her. Hell, she tried to leave him for a guy online who proved to be a catfish. Now I think she wants him again? I liked her within the last few years, but now I think she's crazy.

Janelle: I don't think Janelle knows what farm to table means. You can't grow Twinkies and Ding Dongs, and it's evident that most of her diet consists of those.

Meri may want Kody, but he wants zero to do with her. That ship has sailed, been sunk and is unrecoverable from Kody’s perspective. 

😂😂 growing Twinkies and ding dongs! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 9

Uhhhhh what about when Kody said Janelle was in her sons’ ears about Kody? I can’t remember the exact quote. I thought that was a major bombshell of the episode. No wonder she didn’t live tweet. 

Why did Hunter have to go to Robyn’s? Why isn’t Robyn saying “let us know when it is a good time to cover over and see Hunter.” 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

When I think of Meri I think about the way she and Kody behaved on Robyn and Kody's wedding day. They were giddy with each other, especially Meri, and it was painfully evident that they had been together that morning. It was like they had their hands in the proverbial cookie jar (eww) and knew they were getting away with it. I think that's the ghost Meri can't give up. I think she thinks Kody will tire of Robyn and want to go back to the giddiness they once shared, which we know ain't happening. That is the impression I got from her talking heads last night. She loves herself a printed t-shirt. I almost fill like she's trying to dress the way she did back when things were better between them, to remind Kody of who she once was.

Just when I think Kody can't be any more of a douche, he goes and proves me/us wrong. I think Meri was right about Kody being in cahoots with the surveyor behind the scenes. 

I'm glad they partially moved on from the storylines being exclusively about Covid because I am SO DONE with Covid in real life and on television. I wish they weren't talking about it at all but as with the catfish situation, Kody will milk it to the end.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Ok wait, so Janelle, the master gardener and future organic restaurateur...yeah I had to pause to laugh.. needs a huge plot for greenhouses and gardens that can only be watered from poop pond? Won't they have to truck water in there? That's going to cost a fortune when the pond is dry for a couple seasons. Are these gardens supposed to be the family food source? Good luck with that, if Janelle's in charge. That's a full time job for more than one person.

They keep talking and planning like the entire family will be living there, though almost all of the adult kids have already moved on and have lives elsewhere. Kody is delusional if he thinks those small plots can be subdivided again to build houses for the kids. Lol that the surveyor said they will have a tough time doing anything with all that rock everywhere. They didn't even register that tidbit. Kody needs his own house on the pond lot?? Lmao! I hope the mosquitoes eat him alive, and that it stinks to high Heaven. Pipe dreams, they have them.

Robyn is Queen manipulator with her 'don't tell Christine it was me that said no, but be sure to tell her hell no' and then in her TH trying to blame Truely and Savanah as the reason they can't move to Utah. Gurrrl, that's a reach. What is she hiding from that's waiting for her in Utah? There's more to that story. (But I was sort of with her on the family always trying to find the next new place to live, that would annoy me, too, just for the amount of money it wastes.)

Janelle with her "nothing's in Utah for me", totally glossing over that everything for Christine is already in Utah.

in the previews the meal at Robyn's house, who was the blonde girl sitting next to Kody?

If they ever actually build anything the homes will be for Robyn's kids, none of whom will ever be able to leave her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It seems that we are being "played" by the Browns and Production to eke out a few more episodes regarding the distribution of building lots. 

I don't know what the source was but it was so specific, that it must have come from someone that had access to the title deeds.  According to a 2018 post when the lots were purchased, they did not buy one large parcel to be surveyed and distributed at their will at a later date, it appears that the titles were registered in the following manner:- 

Parcel 1: - 2.42 acres registered to Kody and Janelle, purchase price $170,000, -  $23,800 down payment, balance financed.

Parcel 2: - 2.42 acres registered to Kody and Robyn, purchase price $170,000 - $23,800 down payment, balance financed.

Parcel 3: - 4.48 acres registered to Meri, Kody and Janelle, purchase price $180,000 - Paid cash

Parcel 4: - 5.16 acres ("pond" lot) registered to Christine, Kody and Robyn, purchase price $300,000 - paid cash.

If there was merit to this 2018 post which is still available by google, last night's episode and as many more that they can milk out are all a farce.

Thanks for sharing! I forgot about this. But now I have a bunch of questions:

1.  Janelle+Kody and Robyn+Kody each have their own plot but Meri and Christine own land with Kody and one other wife?? Why this odd division? At first I thought it was because Christine hadn’t sold her Vegas house at the time and needed another wife to qualify for the mortgage. But that doesn’t explain why Meri has a plot with Janelle and Kody…. 

2. There’s the strange division of money and mortgages: They had $527600 in cash to spend on this land which cost them $820000 (based on the numbers above) Why not an equal division of the cash with the rest mortgaged on each of the lots? Instead they paid 2 in full and a small down payment on the others.

3. Parcel 3 is 2 acres bigger than 1 and 2 but only $10,000 more expensive? Is this the woodland? And why would the pond parcel be so much more than no3 despite being only .68 acres bigger??  A fixed price per acre would seem more logical.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I also rolled my eyes when Queen Robyn sitting in her backyard and Kody making it a point to say he "stopped by" um sure you did, you just went out the front door and down the side yard. These two asshats deserve each other. And Robyn really needs to get that neck checked out. Its been what 2 years and still nothing happening on the land, and never will. They don't have two nickels to rub together to build a shed on the land, now they are going for 5 houses?    

5 houses. So they say.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Odd that the two names appearing twice on the deeds are Robyn and Janelle - the two who want to stay in AZ. Coincidence?

I just took a very quick look at the Assessor site and there is 1 lot in Kody & Janelle & Merri's, 1 in Kody & Christine & Robyn's, 1 in Kody & Robyn's and 1 in Kody & Janelle's name. I didn't pull property cards or anything just looked at owner info on the parcel viewer.

Edited by spacefly
Need to dig deeper into records to get the correct information...sorry
  • Useful 8
2 minutes ago, spacefly said:

I just took a very quick look at the Assessor site and there are 2 lots in Kody's name and 2 lots in Kody & Robyn's name. I didn't pull property cards or anything just looked at owner info on the parcel viewer.

Yikes, that's worse than the 2018 document. What you saw only has Kody and Robyn's names and nothing with Meri, Janelle or Robyn?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, that's worse than the 2018 document. What you saw only has Kody and Robyn's names and nothing with Meri, Janelle or Robyn?

Sorry I messed up, for some reason they list owners in a strange way. You have to dig deeper to get them all maybe because Kody and Robyn are married. I think they may have a survivorship type of deed where the others would have more of a business transaction.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I felt embarrassed for her…. Meanwhile he’s making it clear that they’re DONE stick a fork in it!  

I actually thought this was a dig at Robyn and her manipulations. I'm thinking of s 15 when she called Kody while he was socially distance visiting Meri and Mosby. Face time stalker. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

The way I remember last season ending was Kody blindsiding Christine.  He led her to believe that he was also going to advocate for moving back to Utah.  Then when she said her piece, he sat there grinning like the buffoon he is as she got torn apart by Janelle and Robin.  That is why she was devastated.  He once again proved he is no steward of her feelings, wants or desires.   Of course, I don't care to rewatch to make sure I am right in the way I remember it.  

That’s how I remember it, too. I was yelling at the TV on her behalf. 

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, spacefly said:

I just took a very quick look at the Assessor site and there is 1 lot in Kody & Janelle & Merri's, 1 in Kody & Christine & Robyn's, 1 in Kody & Robyn's and 1 in Kody & Janelle's name. I didn't pull property cards or anything just looked at owner info on the parcel viewer.

So that bears out the information that I had found.  If you do dig deeper, let us know if these were the titles that were registered on purchase back in 2018.  If that is the case, that is confirmation that this whole lot allocation they are playing up this season is a complete and utter farce.  I don't know how the "Mind My Own Business" surveyor kept a straight face, he must have known and there would already be survey spikes in place on the lots.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Parcel 1: - 2.42 acres registered to Kody and Janelle, purchase price $170,000, -  $23,800 down payment, balance financed.

Parcel 2: - 2.42 acres registered to Kody and Robyn, purchase price $170,000 - $23,800 down payment, balance financed.

Parcel 3: - 4.48 acres registered to Meri, Kody and Janelle, purchase price $180,000 - Paid cash

Parcel 4: - 5.16 acres ("pond" lot) registered to Christine, Kody and Robyn, purchase price $300,000 - paid cash.

This is such excellent info, thank you.

Check out who is not allowed to be on a lot with Kody alone. Christine and Meri.

Janelle and Robyn are allowed to, but in C & M's cases, they must also have a more trustworthy wife, J or R, on their lot as well.

Kody knows who his two "flight risks" are, and he's not going to have them leave and be able to take half. Diabolical.

• Useful 5
  • Love 17

I loathe Kooty, but what more does he need to do to shake Meri off of him, get a tee-shirt saying  "me+you=ewww!"

Seriously, my peeps, I believe that Meri is missing some apples from her cobbler.  Meri, honey, if you read this site please go seek help from a GOOD, MONOGAMIST ORIENTED therapist!  I'm worried bout Kooty ending up buried in a bunch of Prairie dog tunnels all across Little Plague on the Prairie!  And, I don't like being WORRIED BOUT KOOTY!  😒

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Ok wait, so Janelle, the master gardener and future organic restaurateur...yeah I had to pause to laugh.. needs a huge plot for greenhouses and gardens that can only be watered from poop pond? Won't they have to truck water in there? That's going to cost a fortune when the pond is dry for a couple seasons. Are these gardens supposed to be the family food source? Good luck with that, if Janelle's in charge. That's a full time job for more than one person.

Yes….  Eeyore (aka Janelle) will be gardening on an industrial scale to provide produce for her restaurant chain… as you can see she has vaste experience and she’s well equipped for the task!

C43D4E0F-EF40-45F3-8B30-1F6456FAF46F.jpeg

And her bumper crop…

6CCFACFD-70B8-45F6-AB80-A68841351D45.jpeg

• LOL 22
6 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I need to live in the world Meri inhabits where there is a chance that men who don’t want me will fall madly in love with me if I talk positively about it and remain hopeful (George Clooney, I am waiting).

I will see your George Clooney and raise you a Brad Pitt or Jon Hamm.  In the beginning, I felt sorry for Meri, but not anymore.  She is coming across as rather desperate and pathetic.  The man has said and shown in dozens of ways that he doesn't want you.  He appears to be quite content with Queen Robyn.  I wish she would stop making a fool of herself with all the wink winks and innuendoes and have some self-respect.  

• Love 18

So I remember in the past that some of these pee brains live tweeted episodes or stuck stuff on Instagram right after. No comments this time?  I truly don't care to follow any of them on social media, but I might just have to start for kicks and giggles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

So I remember in the past that some of these pee brains live tweeted episodes or stuck stuff on Instagram right after. No comments this time?  I truly don't care to follow any of them on social media, but I might just have to start for kicks and giggles.

I was guessing none of them live tweeted this episode, and may not for this entire season, because...

Spoiler

viewers will likely only comment back to them about Christine leaving, and not give a rat's patootie about the episode itself. And they don't want to discuss that, or can't because of a NDA.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

Christine's problem is Robyn.  She doesn't like her, never did and Robyn knows it.  Kody couldn't juggle all the relationships and Christine paid the price.  She wanted to be as important as Robyn and she never made it.   Meri and Janelle never liked each other either but they lived through it.  It seems  like Janelle doesn't care about a romantic relationship anymore so she appears to be fine with everything.  Not sure why Meri isn't leaving since Kody announced to the world that they are done.   Sad that she is hanging on.  I don't blame them for not wanting to go to Utah, how many times are these people going to move, it's absurd!

• Love 17
15 hours ago, coconspirator said:

I think Jenelle would get Lot 4 and Kody would get lot 1 with the pond. Was Robyn getting lot 5? I couldn’t keep track of it all. 

I thought it was very confusing too.  Sounded like (IF you are old enough to remember), Who's On First!!

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

So Kootie and Queenie think they're fooling viewers and insulting their intelligence by pretending Queenie's hand isn't up Kootie's ass and making her puppet husband do everything she wants?  

Kootie says "I wanted to come over and ask you" when getting Robyn's vote to stay in Flag.  "Come over" to their shared back yard?

• LOL 22
  • Love 1

I don’t like Kody one bit but I will say I support his taking Covid seriously, or trying to. And I don’t blame Robyn for not wanting to be a nomadic family. She said as much when they moved to Flagstaff: she’s done moving. I think she’s kind of over Kody at this point also. Chaos is his middle name. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

Janelle was just renting that house so I assume the garden was there when she moved in, even if it was just a basic one. She has left that house now so there is no reason to stay in flagstaff if it was all about the garden. I need to live in the world Meri inhabits where there is a chance that men who don’t want me will fall madly in love with me if I talk positively about it and remain hopeful (George Clooney, I am waiting).

Do they all just believe they can will these houses into existence or is it just part of a group delusion? Why are they pretending they will ever build on that property? If they had that type of money, paying for Ysabel’s surgery wouldn’t have been a problem and no one would need to be involved with crappy MLMs.

Good luck with George Clooney!      In two years of sitting on their hands, or moving from this place to another due to rentals or whatever, I would have been long gone....especially with all their financial issues  coming home to roost.    If I wanted a swamp, I would have chosen this place.   I think one of the wives mentioned the kids did not WANT TO USE the pond.  Smart kids.....

• Love 9
7 hours ago, nosedive said:

Christine's assessment (in the preview) of the state of her marriage v. the state of Robyn's marriage says it all.  It's a truth that also applies to Meri and Janelle.  I think Meri could make it on her own, if she were to leave.  I'm not so sure about Janelle.  She seems content to just park herself somewhere and slowly decompose.  What a sad and strange way to choose to live. 

I always thought of Janelle as the Worker Bee  and she had a job outside the home that really paid towards toward the family.  She preferred letting Christine care for all the kids, if I recall.  

• Love 9

What a sad family they are. To whom ever was asking about the blonde to the right of Kody that was Meri. Robyn was to his left with the five kids around the table. 

It was sad hearing Christine could not live in a house with a disfunctional marriage facing a happy home. How sad but that’s polygamy and y’all signed up for it!

The show did them all in. Without the show money they never would have been able to leave their plural home and move to big houses in Vegas!

Once they did that they were free to hate each other.  

This last move was for the show, for Robyn and pretty much what did them all in. 

I had a feeling that some of Christine’s TH were recent and just plugged in to show how she was feeling back then!

1 minute ago, oceanview said:

I always thought of Janelle as the Worker Bee  and she had a job outside the home that really paid towards toward the family.  She preferred letting Christine care for all the kids, if I recall.  

I think Janelle and Meri both worked outside the home and Christine watched the kids. 
I also think that’s why the older kids are much closer to each other than the younger ones. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

Janelle's sons know they've worked more in their short lives than their father ever has and that their father's full of shit. What a terrible realization to come to.

I remember last season how one of the sons had to work because he is National Guard, and Kody never acknowledged on camera that working wasn't a choice in that situation. 

I feel like Janelle plays both sides though. You never hear her stand up to Kody about the kids.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

Maybe they have finally realized that they are made to look like a bunch of idiots on national tv? (Well…at least this bit of the show is real and not scripted)

Or they fear being bombarded with questions about why Christine left? And they have frantically tried to avoid all questions about her!

• Love 8

Kody is a flippant asshole, it boggles my mind how little respect he has for his wives and kids.  He makes such weird comments but it's all hot air and useless dumb ass opinions.... he made an angry comment about one time he shook someones hand and they gave him some random virus that then went through his family lol...so pertinent to what??? Geez please give this bozo a script lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I loathe Kooty, but what more does he need to do to shake Meri off of him, get a tee-shirt saying  "me+you=ewww!"

Seriously, my peeps, I believe that Meri is missing some apples from her cobbler.  Meri, honey, if you read this site please go seek help from a GOOD, MONOGAMIST ORIENTED therapist!  I'm worried bout Kooty ending up buried in a bunch of Prairie dog tunnels all across Little Plague on the Prairie!  And, I don't like being WORRIED BOUT KOOTY!  😒

He could get a pair and divorce her. Meri may be pathetic, but she does want him back. He doesn’t want to have anything to do with her, but he won’t cut her free, which is just another reason he’s an asshole.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Uhhhhh what about when Kody said Janelle was in her sons’ ears about Kody? I can’t remember the exact quote. I thought that was a major bombshell of the episode. No wonder she didn’t live tweet. 

Why did Hunter have to go to Robyn’s? Why isn’t Robyn saying “let us know when it is a good time to cover over and see Hunter.” 

Kody said that Janelle's sons are disrespectful of his COVID isolation protocols.  They call his restrictions dumb and stupid.  Kody thus concluded that Janelle's must be complaining to her sons that Kody's rules are dumb again and again, and they're just repeating her.  Later, Robyn blames Hunter for not offering to meet her children outdoors or to pre-arrange a visit that adheres to her inter-family social distancing rules.  Kody then complains that everyone wrongly blames Robyn for the rules that they disregard.

• Love 8