Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E01: There’s no Me in Polygamy

• Start Topic

After rejecting Christine's idea of moving back to Utah, Kody checks in with Janelle and Robyn. Then, Kody says he now wants his own lot on the property, and the family discusses the possibility of spending the holidays apart.

Air date: November 21, 2021

Damn, I'd much rather see all of them jammed into Janelle's RV like sardines in a can.  

Set up your DVR if you are so inclined.  The snarking resumes 11/21/2021.   🍿

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

After rejecting Christine's idea of moving back to Utah, Kody checks in with Janelle and Robyn. Then, Kody says he now wants his own lot on the property, and the family discusses the possibility of spending the holidays apart.

Air date: November 21, 2021

• Love 3

Why does Janelle like Flag so much? Is it her garden? Kody, you lying liar who lies. Robyn wants to live in Flag because of Dayun. Since she's your true love, that's where you are going to be. And to call Janelle and Christine "princesses". Ha! Run Christine run!

• Love 23

Meri turned every conversation, no matter what it was originally about, into a conversation with the camera about how she could manipulate Kody into coming over more.

I am just so done with listening to that garbage. Meri is basically nothing but a creepy stalker at this point.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20

In the preview for next week, they run Christine saying ...dysfunctional marriage.. fully functioning marriage..

The camera captures an image of Robyn sporting a hat, looking into the distance. Then another of her walking, camera pointing up. I lol'd.

I'm guessing not real reality. Puhleeze. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Meri turned every conversation, no matter what it was originally about, into a conversation with the camera about how she could manipulate Kody into coming over more.

I am just so done with listening to that garbage. Meri is basically nothing but a creepy stalker at this point.

I felt embarrassed for her…. Meanwhile he’s making it clear that they’re DONE stick a fork in it!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, For Cereals said:

So 1 wife (cough. Robyn) and Kody get massive lots and the others get much smaller lots?

I think Jenelle would get Lot 4 and Kody would get lot 1 with the pond. Was Robyn getting lot 5? I couldn’t keep track of it all. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Notice how Kody tells the others his original goal was to move to St. George, Utah but as soon as Robin says she wants to stay in Flagstaff he tells her that's what he wants too.  Unbelievable, this guy.

Yup! I’m so glad Christine made the move. I think he thought she was bluffing. It’ll be interesting watching the rest of the cues from her this season. 

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Other noticeables from this episode: 

* Janelle—gardening and desire of greenhouses: not doing her much good—all the vegetables in the world won’t erase her other poor food choices. Most plant based gardeners I know are healthy and not obese. 

This seemed new to me.  I don’t recall seeing her garden or her mentioning “I cooked this from my garden” or seeing anything vegetable-like mixed amongst the starches they normally serve…

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

So Kody's to favorite wives (at the moment) get the bigger lots. Not sure why he said Janelle needs to be near the pond for her garden, as I hope she wouldn't water it with that sludge.

Is there a reason they didn't show roads? Is it because the road will make Kody, Christine, Meri and Janelle's lots a little smaller? Queen Robyn will have the largest lot when all is said and done.

To me the surveyor look like he was secretly laughing at their land. The land is sloped and full of large rocks. If they really build, they'll have to live there a good 10 years or so, to even think of making any money on resale.

I couldn't tell if Kody actually knows how serious Christine is or if he thinks she'll come around, like she always does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Ok wait, so Janelle, the master gardener and future organic restaurateur...yeah I had to pause to laugh.. needs a huge plot for greenhouses and gardens that can only be watered from poop pond? Won't they have to truck water in there? That's going to cost a fortune when the pond is dry for a couple seasons. Are these gardens supposed to be the family food source? Good luck with that, if Janelle's in charge. That's a full time job for more than one person.

They keep talking and planning like the entire family will be living there, though almost all of the adult kids have already moved on and have lives elsewhere. Kody is delusional if he thinks those small plots can be subdivided again to build houses for the kids. Lol that the surveyor said they will have a tough time doing anything with all that rock everywhere. They didn't even register that tidbit. Kody needs his own house on the pond lot?? Lmao! I hope the mosquitoes eat him alive, and that it stinks to high Heaven. Pipe dreams, they have them.

Robyn is Queen manipulator with her 'don't tell Christine it was me that said no, but be sure to tell her hell no' and then in her TH trying to blame Truely and Savanah as the reason they can't move to Utah. Gurrrl, that's a reach. What is she hiding from that's waiting for her in Utah? There's more to that story. (But I was sort of with her on the family always trying to find the next new place to live, that would annoy me, too, just for the amount of money it wastes.)

Janelle with her "nothing's in Utah for me", totally glossing over that everything for Christine is already in Utah.

in the previews the meal at Robyn's house, who was the blonde girl sitting next to Kody?

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

According to my dictionary

POND: A Body of water smaller than a lake

DITCH: A narrow channel dug in the ground, typically used for drainage.  Also what Christine did to Kody

image.png.01bc0897fbbbc17899b13e6a3cb47a64.png

Just want to say I love your name!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

Do they all just believe they can will these houses into existence or is it just part of a group delusion? Why are they pretending they will ever build on that property? If they had that type of money, paying got Ysabel’s surgery wouldn’t have been a problem and no one would need involved with crappy MLMs.

They're talking about easily $5M to do what Kody is proposing.  They are nuts.  Or we are, for watching.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Day'un was the reason for moving there (special program at the university for students on the spectrum), but he's long since dropped out, so no longer any legit reason to stay there...besides orneriness!

He dropped out??  I missed that somehow.  How many years did he finish?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Ok wait, so Janelle, the master gardener and future organic restaurateur...yeah I had to pause to laugh.. needs a huge plot for greenhouses and gardens that can only be watered from poop pond? Won't they have to truck water in there? That's going to cost a fortune when the pond is dry for a couple seasons. Are these gardens supposed to be the family food source? Good luck with that, if Janelle's in charge. That's a full time job for more than one person.

They keep talking and planning like the entire family will be living there, though almost all of the adult kids have already moved on and have lives elsewhere. Kody is delusional if he thinks those small plots can be subdivided again to build houses for the kids. Lol that the surveyor said they will have a tough time doing anything with all that rock everywhere. They didn't even register that tidbit. Kody needs his own house on the pond lot?? Lmao! I hope the mosquitoes eat him alive, and that it stinks to high Heaven. Pipe dreams, they have them.

Robyn is Queen manipulator with her 'don't tell Christine it was me that said no, but be sure to tell her hell no' and then in her TH trying to blame Truely and Savanah as the reason they
in the previews the meal at Robyn's house, who was the blonde girl sitting next to Kody?

I didn't see the preview, but I thought they showed a flashback to a meal with the Dargers?  Family friend who married his wife and then her two younger sisters - I think twins? - one of whom dyes her hair blonde.

5 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

He dropped out??  I missed that somehow.  How many years did he finish?

Maybe one; maybe not even one?  He also lived at home while attending, which was another rationale for moving there.

• Useful 5

Regarding Janelle's sons... I think Gabe is the smartest. He seems to be completely clear about Kody only caring about Robyn and her children. His body language shows a complete dislike and disregard for Kody.

Garrison continues to call his father and try to get through to him. He believes that Kody doesn't see them because of covid, not that he's using covid as an excuse to do what he wants, to spend all of his time at Robyn's. I don't think that he's fully accepted that his father doesn't care about him at all.

Hunter is complaining that he hasn't seen Robyn's kids. He also hasn't accepted that Robyn and Kody don't want a family with him.

It's very sad. Gabe seems to be the only one of Janelle's kids who knows the score and accepts it. It appears as though her other children are holding out hope that they really are a family and their father cares about them.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

I didn't see the preview, but I thought they showed a flashback to a meal with the Dargers?  Family friend who married his wife and then her two younger sisters - I think twins? - one of whom dyes her hair blonde.

It was at the very end in the coming this season clips. It looked like Thanksgiving dinner around Robyn's giant table with all of her kids, but there was a young gal seated next to Kody I didn't recognize. Maybe one of the other mom's girls?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

It was at the very end in the coming this season clips. It looked like Thanksgiving dinner around Robyn's giant table with all of her kids, but there was a young gal seated next to Kody I didn't recognize. Maybe one of the other mom's girls?

Could it be the cousin/nanny who lived with her for a while?  Might be too old to be called a "girl."

• Love 2

I'm assuming they used Christine's income from the show to purchase the lot with her name, along with Kody & Robyns.    Can she push to have her portion of the down payment returned, or what would happen if she went to the bank, and said she wanted to default on that particular loan.    Same with Meri's lot.  

When Janelle said "give me the property" it was stunning.    Did she ever, once, put up any type of raised beds, or do any type of gardening when they lived in Vegas?  Since her rental was sold, and she lived in a trailer on the property for the summer, was she gardening then?  Where is she living now? 

Zoning prevents building within very specific boundaries of a retention pond.  The pond cannot be blocked, must be secured from people using it for recreation, etc.   So, how exactly are they going to build another house there?   Of course I know that this will never get built, and the entire property will go into default.    Getting utilities (water, sewer, etc) to those lots, from the main road, and roads will be in excess of $500K - and where is that coming from? Their savings? 🤣

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

I'm assuming they used Christine's income from the show to purchase the lot with her name, along with Kody & Robyns.    Can she push to have her portion of the down payment returned, or what would happen if she went to the bank, and said she wanted to default on that particular loan.    Same with Meri's lot.  

When Janelle said "give me the property" it was stunning.    Did she ever, once, put up any type of raised beds, or do any type of gardening when they lived in Vegas?  Since her rental was sold, and she lived in a trailer on the property for the summer, was she gardening then?  Where is she living now? 

Zoning prevents building within very specific boundaries of a retention pond.  The pond cannot be blocked, must be secured from people using it for recreation, etc.   So, how exactly are they going to build another house there?   Of course I know that this will never get built, and the entire property will go into default.    Getting utilities (water, sewer, etc) to those lots, from the main road, and roads will be in excess of $500K - and where is that coming from? Their savings? 🤣

I think the down payment for this property came from the family pot.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2