Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E19: Live Top 11 Performances

• Start Topic

I voted for a few tonight: Girl Named Tom on Kelly’s team, Holly on Ariana’s team, and  Jershika and Joshua on John’s team.  None for Blake, again.  I really like Wendy,but I wasn’t impressed with the song, which isn’t really her fault.  

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, filmfan2480 said:

I think most of the singers are very, very talented, but I really don't care for so many of the song choices.  Such a bummer.

As the show went on, I kept thinking the producers were trying to tank contestants by giving them unremarkable song choices that gave them no chance to shine...by the end, I realized almost all of them were on a level playing field in that arena.  The only exception I would say was Joshua, but while he was more than vocally capable on "The Show Must Go On", it didn't fit his personality so there was a disconnect there as well.  Similarly, Hailey sounded pretty on "Elastic Heart" but she's way too inexperienced to sell the story, despite Blake's comments to the contrary.  I don't think teenagers should ever sing Sia, lol.   

I was excited to hear that Wendy would be doing Aretha, but not when I found out it would be "Pink Cadillac."  It was the same for Paris and Bill Withers.  There's a reason why "Lean on Me" and "Ain't No Sunshine" are done more often.  I have no problem with more obscure song choices, but they should try to make sure they are right for the vocalists.  The whole show was kind of underwhelming.

• Love 4

I thought most of the performances were decent. Girl Named Tom, Jershika, and Gymani were the stand-outs for me, personally. I'm feeling the winner will be one of Girl Named Tom, Wendy, and Holly. I think the show would like to see Ariana win since who knows if she'll return for another season or not, but I'm leaning towards Wendy ending up the winner.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, AntAnn said:

She tripped on stage, but she was ok, apparently.

Yeah….it might have been better if they had panned away from the stage and had Carson start talking about something else.  I guess they didn’t want to appear insensitive.  It was like cheering for the injured player as he leaves the field. Lol. I hope she’s ok.  She later said she had a few bruises.  

I’m glad all my picks were saved. I still haven’t picked any particular one that I’d like to win.  I have about 3 favorites.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

For me, Girl Name Tom sounds the most polished and I could picture them having a singing career. As for the others the young girl could have a career in pop and Blakes country singer although I'm not impressed with has a lane but I have no idea what lane the others would be in. That's why I think Girl Name Tom should win.

I didn't see Wendy trip was it while she was singing?

• Love 1

It was after the team performance. Maybe tripped over something but all of a sudden she was faceplanted on the floor. Even though they had to be saved I'm not counting Jim and Shasha out for next week. They are forcing the artists to sing outside their genre so this won't be as predictable.

• Love 1

I don’t care for the country type artist on Blake’s team at all.  I think she’s challenged musically.  I don’t see or hear what Blake does.  I have no idea how she’s there.  Same goes for the youngest girl on Kelly’s team.  She’s a better vocalist, but still very average, imo.  And, Wendy can sing, but I’m just not entertained by her, if that makes any sense.  The other male soloists are good.   I’m not impressed with the duet. I think they need more training. They sound off a lot to me.  And, the rest I like quite a bit and am leaning towards Girl Named Tom, though I loathe that name.  

• Love 4
On 11/24/2021 at 1:16 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not impressed with the duet. I think they need more training. They sound off a lot to me.

Yes, both their performance Monday and their "save" performance sounded off.  It seem like they've been better in the past - maybe they've just used up all their good material.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3