Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/22/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, deirdra said:

Perhaps Joy had a couple of drinks before "Thanksgiving Dinner"

I really wonder if this was the case. Joy's actually seemed more like herself since being back in studio with the "perfect panel." But she was a bit off yesterday. Hopefully all is well.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I thought i read somewhere that a dog picks up car transmission fluid, which is like candy to them.  They clean their paws, ingest it, and pass away

I think that would be a concern if people walked their dogs in garages, driveways & parking lots.  I never heard about transmission fluid but anti-freeze has always been an attractant to dogs & cats & is lethal.

• Love 2

I guess its time to worry about myself.  I haven't noticed any difference in Joy, except that she (along with the rest of us) is calmer and a little happier these days. For me, her humor is always hit or miss.  But she’s still my favorite. And on anther issue, I haven’t gotten mad at Sunny once this season.  I don't always agree with her, but I like her being more assertive.  I used to hate it when Whoopi would be openly rude to her.  She’s just not having it anymore!!

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think that would be a concern if people walked their dogs in garages, driveways & parking lots.  I never heard about transmission fluid but anti-freeze has always been an attractant to dogs & cats & is lethal.

Oh you're right.  I couldn't think of the A-F, and knew it was one of them there fluids.  Except oil. knew it wasn't that one. Didn't feel like typing out 'you know the stuff you put in the radiator to winterize your vehicle' so there's that.  Heh j/k.  seriously, thanks.  It bugs me when i can't think of something, which has been more and more frequent she said scowling. lol

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Pp.Ss.  you can also get those lil booties haha.  They look so cute, IF youre dog will allow it

On 11/24/2021 at 5:44 PM, Snapdragon said:

I will never understand why shows do Thanksgiving appetizers/Halloween costumes/Christmas presents/etc either the day before or the day of the holiday.  Like, what good does that do me now?  If you want to provide a recipe that I can actually use for Thanksgiving, do it the first or second week of November, not less than 24 hours before the big day.  

Not to mention who actually enjoys watching people on tv eat?  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Regarding the teeth picking controoooversy, i didn't really notice anything but i do recall thinking she was going to get lipstick on her teeth. 

I didn't notice Joy picking her teeth, but I always notice a sucking sound when Whoopi attempts to talk with her mouth full of food, candy, breath mints, etc.

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Eating is not a spectator sport, in my opinion. It is like watching someone masturbate. I mean- what is in it for me?

I never understood why there was a market for that . . . 

I feel for the ladies having to eat on camera. I'd hate it. 

• Love 2

I feel bad for the audience (and also the staff and the crew).  They have to sit/stand there right before lunchtime and watch other people eat a few feet away.  The studio probably smells so good.  I think these TV cooks should bring enough for everyone.  At least some appetizers or something.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I feel bad for the audience (and also the staff and the crew).  They have to sit/stand there right before lunchtime and watch other people eat a few feet away.  The studio probably smells so good.  I think these TV cooks should bring enough for everyone.  At least some appetizers or something.

Yes! Don't just tease the audience like that! It's mean. Give them a little something-something. 

• Love 5