Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/22/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 22 – Political commentator Kristen Soltis Anderson guest co-hosts; Sonequa Martin-Green (“Star Trek: Discovery”)

Tuesday, Nov. 23 –  Political commentator Kristen Soltis Anderson guest co-hosts; JoJo and Jessalynn Siwa (“Siwas Dance Pop Revolution”)

Wednesday, Nov. 24 – “The View” celebrates Thanksgiving

Thursday, Nov. 25 (OAD: 9/30/2021) – Ice T (“Law & Order: SVU”)

Friday, Nov. 26 (OAD: 9/29/2021) –  Drew Carey (“The Price Is Right”); celebrating Broadway’s reopening with a behind-the-scenes look at the first rehearsals for Disney on Broadway’s “Aladdin,” “The Lion King” and “Frozen” on tour

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I read the Wiki bio of Kristen Soltis since I’d never heard of her. She’s pretty accomplished. No doubt she is auditioning for the open seat. She fills all the demographics.

Really, Sara?  You are defending Rittenhouse?

This guest is adding nothing to the conversation. 
Kristen: Conservative women want to do something about the cost of childcare, but not the way Dems do. 
Sunny: How? 
Kristen: [crickets]

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

That clip of the father talking about his son was heartbreaking. I agree with him that everyone already knew justice wasn’t going to be possible with that particular judge in charge of the proceedings. I was expecting today to be much worse considering the guest co-host, but she mostly didn’t add anything. I expected her to be incendiary, tbh.

3 hours ago, Axie said:

Sunny, I really doubt that people are deciding not to have children because they don’t want their kids to be saddled with student debt.  Really?

That’s not what she said, imo? She was saying that many in the youngest generation aren’t choosing to have children because they themselves are in debt and couldn’t afford to have them even if they wanted to.

• Love 19

I’ve watched Kristen Soltis Anderson as a panelist on This Week and was hoping she would get a try out.   She’s definitely a Republican but very professional and not one to try to own the libs.  She may be too boring for this show.   Hopefully she’ll get to show more personality on topics this week.   

Edited by After7Only
  • Useful 4
21 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Same here.  Is she there all week?  Well two more days anyway

Today and tomorrow. They seem to be having a new host Monday/Tuesdays, the regular panel Wednesdays (sometimes Ana) Ana Thursday/Friday and throwback Fridays.

I imagine they’ll have week long chemistry tests when they narrow down the running but so far that list must be very small.

• Love 1

Sunny is psychic! She knows what would have happened if Rittenhouse was black, without a doubt.  It is something we can conjecture about, but the definitive answer Sunny gave in response to Joy's setup question was cynical.

Rittenhouse is no hero - he's a stupid, impulsive young man, and he should not have been there. It was moral luck that the people he killed were not very nice people (sex offender, domestic abuser) because he didn't know anything about them, just as they didn't know anything about him. That's one reason not to stay at protests that become violent, even if it is only "a small percent" of the group. You never know who is going to turn out to be a bad actor vs. a sincere, peaceful demonstrator.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I wish Sonequa Martin-Green had more time to talk about Discovery. I would like to hear more about the series. 

Kitty, I've watched the first 3 seasons and LOVED it.  If you like Star Trek and all the MANY different iterations, then I think you would like this one.

14 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

Sara and the guest host really went for the same look today huh ? 

I thought for sure that Sara was going to say to Kristen, "I see you got the memo"?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Axie said:

Sunny, I really doubt that people are deciding not to have children because they don’t want their kids to be saddled with student debt.  Really?

You misunderstood her point. She believes people aren’t having kids because they can’t afford to support them due to THEIR own debt, not their nonexistent children’s debt.

Edited by Qkfman
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Rightside said:

They have a different announcer!!

I remember this happening about two years ago for an entire week. Virginia Hamilton, the regular announcer (yes that’s really her name—at least her stage name), presumably took a week off and they temporarily had a woman with a much different voice/accent reading the cold open/teases. The next week, Virginia was back like nothing happened.

Edited by Qkfman
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Qkfman said:

You misunderstood her point. She believes people aren’t having kids because they can’t afford to support them due to THEIR own debt, not their nonexistent children’s debt.

Sunny is right.  I have heard people choosing to not have kids because they can't afford it criticized.  And I have heard people choosing to have kids even if they can't afford it criticized.  People are going to criticize because that is what people do.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 11/23/2021 at 7:09 AM, Qkfman said:

Virginia Hamilton, the regular announcer (yes that’s really her name—at least her stage name),

Back in my reckless youth, I knew a drag queen named Virginia Hamm.

Edited by sugarbaker design
Eta: it's reckless not wreckless!
  • LOL 8
47 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Back in my wreckless youth, I knew a drag queen named Virginia Hamm.

In the commercials small talk thread we’ve been talking about funny names. That is a good one!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

It is really good to see the ladies enjoying themselves and having a good time with each other.  Whoopie is so damn giddy, she cannot stop talking and smiling. 

It is a completely almost different show!  Very enjoyable.  Guest cohost minded her manners for now.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

It is a completely almost different show!  Very enjoyable.  Guest cohost minded her manners for now.

I'm really enjoying it too. 🤗  is that email address still valid for questions and comments?  We should fill their mailbox with pro comments. Just to validate that they made the right move, and how happy are the masses.  Course i can only speak for myself, but preeeeeeetty happy 🙃    

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Rightside said:

When they all walked out to sit at the table, I thought the guest co-host was Sara.

Sunny actually cracked a smile.  It was nice, she,   looked a happy.  A lil bit anyway.  Seems like she hasnt in so long. Take the weight of the world off yours shoulders girl

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Qkfman said:

I remember this happening about two years ago for an entire week. Virginia Hamilton, the regular announcer (yes that’s really her name—at least her stage name), presumably took a week off and they temporarily had a woman with a much different voice/accent reading the cold open/teases. The next week, Virginia was back like nothing happened.

They should just have Sara read them since they sound alike.

• Love 2

OK...just me?

I am in my 70's - had dogs most of my life except for the last decade. Never ever did I wash my dogs feet before they entered the house. Let alone my bed.

Sometimes I get so sick of Sunny's shocked or pouty faces.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

OK...just me?

I am in my 70's - had dogs most of my life except for the last decade. Never ever did I wash my dogs feet before they entered the house. Let alone my bed.

I only cleaned my dog's feet if they were wet or muddy, otherwise .....

• Love 8
14 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

It is a completely almost different show!  Very enjoyable.

Anyone who watches the show regularly can see the difference from when SWSNBN was there and now. Just think of how many hot topics would have been avoided out of fear the other one would have had a melt down.  There was always tension in the air before and now that tension is gone.   Now if we could just move Whoopi out of that moderator chair.

• Love 15

I will never understand why shows do Thanksgiving appetizers/Halloween costumes/Christmas presents/etc either the day before or the day of the holiday.  Like, what good does that do me now?  If you want to provide a recipe that I can actually use for Thanksgiving, do it the first or second week of November, not less than 24 hours before the big day.  

Edited by Snapdragon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

Whoopi and Joy were so odd today. Whoopi was extra giddy. Joy was saying anything and everything, no matter the appropriateness.

Not gonna lie...Joy's behavior concerned me. Hopefully it was just old lady, grandma-like Thanksgiving behavior. 

• Love 1

I really enjoyed the show today. After intense weeks at work, it was fun to just listen to them chatter on various topics. Maybe it's my current state of mind, but the food looked good (wouldn't be cooking any of it for Thanksgiving anyway), they all seemed cheerful, and I liked the Thanksgiving theme.

It just felt stress free. And after avoiding the show for so long due to whatsherface this just felt nice.

If you're celebrating tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving!

• Love 7
21 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I'm in my late 60's and when I was a kid we had immune systems because we were always exposed to some germs.

I am beyond sick of Sunny's shocked and pouty faces.

8 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I don't know why "they" would think that "we" would enjoy watching them eat & talk.

We still hate it!  And with all the gabbing, the food must be cold or soggy by the time they actually stuff it in their mouths before speaking. Yuck! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I will never understand why shows do Thanksgiving appetizers/Halloween costumes/Christmas presents/etc either the day before of the day of the holiday.  Like, what good does that do me now?  If you want to provide a recipe that I can actually use for Thanksgiving, do it the first or second week of November, not less than 24 hours before the big day.  

That’s a really good point. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Whoopi and Joy were so odd today. Whoopi was extra giddy. Joy was saying anything and everything, no matter the appropriateness.

Not gonna lie...Joy's behavior concerned me. Hopefully it was just old lady, grandma-like Thanksgiving behavior. 

I only got the first 15 minutes of the show (breakaway for live verdict), so could you fill me in on Joy's grandma-like behavior? Thanks in advance.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

I only got the first 15 minutes of the show (breakaway for live verdict), so could you fill me in on Joy's grandma-like behavior? Thanks in advance.

First of all, she was picking her teeth the whole episode. The producers sent her a text telling her to stop and she announced it to everyone "The producers just sent me a message telling me to stop picking my teeth." 🤦‍♀️ I noticed that Sara was also picking her teeth and she probably got a text too, but she didn't announce it. lol.

Then she criticized most of Chef Anne Burrel's dishes by trying to change the ingredients in them or telling how her family makes it (better?)

She was shocked that whipped cream isn't vegan. Then when she realized that it's dairy, she did a milking the cow motion.

Whoopi brought up the topic is it ok to discuss politics at Thanksgiving? and Joy said, randomly, "Everyone should come out at Thanksgiving." Everyone was surprised as they didn't expect that comment and were like, "ummm...ok." Whoopi, of course, acted(?) confused and said "Come out of what?" Joy explained that everyone should announce that they're gay. Of course, then Whoopi clarified that only people that are gay should do that. 😄

I don't know. Joy's behavior just seemed so odd to me. I was thinking about it and thought maybe she's just a blunt older lady (hence, my comment about grandmas at Thanksgiving) and she makes things awkward when trying to make small talk.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Joy's behavior just seemed so odd to me. I was thinking about it and thought maybe she's just a blunt older lady

Maybe???  I love Joy, she's the only reason I watch, but even I can see she's been sliding the slippery slope to crazy grandma for a long time now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Maybe???  I love Joy, she's the only reason I watch, but even I can see she's been sliding the slippery slope to crazy grandma for a long time now.

At least she's funny and not some crotchety bitch.  Which can come in younger peeps also. No names, No names.. Thank You! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

She has been showing her age when it comes to talking a lot the past few months, but it doesn't ruin the show for me. Until the Thanksgiving show, I thought she'd been doing better the past two weeks on that point, tbh, which made me think she might've been asked to talk less when they started including her on both shows when the guest co-host would try out (whereas they used to leave her out on the first one). Maybe it was because the Thanksgiving show was a nothing show where they didn't really have to prepare in any way that she was more talkative and off-the-cuff.

I personally hadn't noticed her picking her teeth, but lol'ed when she read the text since it was self-deprecating. I was more shocked the executives would care enough to text something like that to the co-hosts... They've never shown an interest in the show being better than a trainwreck before, that's for sure; I assumed Barbara was the only one in charge who ever bothered to give notes like that. When it comes to eating, Whoopi in particular has always been the reigning champ at being gross, talking while mid-chew. I actually thought Monday's show was a case of Whoopi talking too much, almost the whole way through, which thankfully doesn't happen too often. She was probably affected by the court case talk, I guess, and she's always triggered whenever they discuss a hot topic concerning adultery or an "other woman" story.

As for the coming out thing, what I took her to mean is if you want to have fun and you have the stones for it, you'll get a nice view at what your family is really like if you "come out" (real or pretend) at a family get-together. If you're just playing the troll, it would be a fun ride depending on your family. Coming out for real, on the other hand, can be much more painful.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 3
On 11/22/2021 at 12:40 PM, After7Only said:

I’ve watched Kristen Soltis Anderson as a panelist on This Week and was hoping she would get a try out.   She’s definitely a Republican but very professional and not one to try to own the libs.  She may be too boring for this show.   Hopefully she’ll get to show more personality on topics this week.   

Kristen used to appear on Morning Joe on a regular basis. She reminds me of Nicolle Wallace who used to be on the View. I am surprised that she is on this show.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:13 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I only cleaned my dog's feet if they were wet or muddy, otherwise .....

I thought i read somewhere that a dog picks up car transmission fluid, which is like candy to them.  They clean their paws, ingest it, and pass away