Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E06: Fashion Is Back, Baby!

• Start Topic

Interesting that both winning and losing designs were assigned footwear designers. I loathed what Katie sent down the runway, but felt even worse for her footwear designer.  That designer not only lost out on a huge chance to showcase her abilities, but may even have suffered from having co-created the shoes for that outfit. Even Katie in voiceover said in hindsight she should have created slides or mules instead of the clown shoes that stomped down the runway.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

This week's runway looked like a bedskirts and curtains competition, led by Bones' monstrosity.  But Bones had some stiff competition!  Aaron's ruffled bottom satin (or charmeuse?) swimsuit cover-up was definitely a contender for the bedskirt runofff, as was Katie's kid's room bed ruffles and curtains, and Kristina's unmade bed.  Shantall's drapery was a flappy mess that made her model's hips look wider at their widest point, and Octavio should have left the hatbox in the bedroom closet where it belongs.

Coral took her bedroom set in a different direction and made lingerie for flat-chested women with matching granny panties, while Prajje went full grandma's precious boudoir, and Zayden made a summer picnic tablecloth.  Chasity didn't get the memo that curtains were on the menu, and gave us dumpy pants as streetwear.

That leaves us with Anna's lovely dress, my pick as the winner of the accessories challenge since it highlighted the lovely chain mail belt for her goth bedroom.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

While I agree that the actual fashion has been subpar for the entire season, I actually liked Christina's neon green outfit and think she deserved to win.

It was also heartening to see how excited the designers were to partner with another creative person.  Usually when they have to partner up the result is lots of bullying and complaining.  Everyone got along with their accessory designer.  There was actual collaboration going on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

I didn’t like Elaine saying “my man Prajje”. The judges should keep their biases to themselves. I wonder if some of the guest artists are successful since most people aren’t going to buy long gloves with a pound of flowers sewn on or gigantic hats. I didn’t see a lot of collaboration either; it mostly seemed like the designers lead with what they wanted. I did like the top three designs and agreed with the bottom looks this time.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Straycat80 said:
Kristina’s was ok, not sure it was the best. I liked Corals red dress better. And I loved the black dress with the gold necklace that was safe the best. 
Except for the bottom three I thought most of the designs were better than I expected considering most of the accessory item were really out there weird. 

I loved that dress, I really wanted to see more of it. I think it could be worn to the Oscars.

• Love 1

I know many of us here often disagree with the judges' decisions, but I do wonder whether they decided Anna should be "safe" not top three this week because she had immunity, not due to any actual judging criteria.  In which case it's not "fair" (yeah, yeah, I know), not just to her but to her collaborator, due to the $$ reward involved.  The designers should be judged from a clean slate every challenge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Prajje was robbed! His look was stunning.

SailorGirl, yes, this is an underwhelming season.

Finally, Katie Klown is GONE. 'Cause nothing says high fashion like mismatched primary color patterns, ruffled clown collars, shapeless sacks and big yellow buttons.

Bones' look sucked. He's actually getting worse every week. And the worse he gets, the more cocky he gets. Not a good combination.

Really liked Aaron's bathing suit/robe combo and what's-her-name's red thingy. But I think Anna is gonna win it all. Everything she makes looks high fashion and borders on avant garde without quite tipping over.

I understood this week's winner. Didn't love it like I love Prajje's but understood why it won.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

She flat out lied about the hat! She covered up the hat designers work because she thought it didn't match the red lingerie thing she called   a dress. If I was the hat designer, I'd be mighty pissed about it. 

Yes!  I like Coral's work, but I didn't think her results met the collaboration challenge.

Also, some have posted about the designers making matching looks for themselves... How about taking the design money and spending it on a blinged out headpiece-- Anna?  I would have been fine with it if it were for her model or her design.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, Twopper said:

If you want to design something to sit on the floor modestly to play with your children, maybe do a romper.  

This group of designers don't make me happy.  I was glad Octavio didn't win with his drama and hat box.  I just felt it looked like he went for something easy to throw together.  Instead of making a bubble thingy like a hefty bag, he split the bag open to flounce, if that makes any sense at all.  Bones could save that look for the avant garde challenge.  I didn't hate it as much as the judges.

Yeah, I was thinking of a romper for Katie, too, Or if a short dress is just too immodest (WTF?) make a matching pair of bloomers. When she showed the original shortened mini look, I was thinking how much better it looked. Then, she dropped it to mid-knee, and the proportions were all off. It looked dowdy. Until she can see that she'll never be a designer.

Yeah, DD and their hatbox got Octavio into the top three. It was mostly how the garment moved, because, honey, there wasn't a heckuva a lot of actual design or construction there.

Bones's dress was definitely a collection of dust ruffles with holes in the non-ruffle part which were then thrown over the model's head. Too heavy. Too tacky. Not a good collaboration with the hat design.

I liked Kristina's. I can't wear that color, but I liked the sheer long shell as part of the outfit, and I thought the booties were cute.

Loved Anna's. It looked fairly basic, but I loved that she added a kind of mini-bustle to the skirt. And it was a perfect complement to the jewelry.

Coral's mantilla was too heavy, and I never actually got a good look at the hat (headpiece?). On my TV, the two reds didn't look that much different. Maybe use just the veil part OR just the mantilla part? Growing up Catholic I saw tons of mantillas in church, but they never had veils as part of them.

I like the color of Prajje's dress. It didn't look mint green to me but more like a pale aqua on the bluish side. It's a color I wear really well, though, so maybe that's influencing me. I actually thought the gloves were pretty, but you need a very special occasion for them not to look way out of place.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Katie should have shortened the dress and paired it with a pair of solid coloured pants that ended at the ankle to show off the shoes. 

Yes! That was the other thing I was thinking.

• Love 1

I very much loved Kristina's winning look. Besides the color, it stood out for being wearable for everyday (such as to an office). Many of the other designs were for the red carpet. Granted, this was somewhat dictated by the accessories, but I feel like her look really bridged that fashion / wearable challenge AND highlighted the shoes. Which I very much want. Those shoes are very cool. I had some lime green denim jeans in high school that were that hue. I loved them. They were lime but not neon.  I am not someone who loves bright colors and they were really easy to pair with other clothes. Neutrals and soft botanical colors worked very well. Seems weird, but truly they were.

I also really loved Anna's but that was more because of the jewelry than her gown, which was simple and classic but not that groundbreaking.

Prajje's look was so fun. But the judges were right that it was a little costume-y. I also felt like the dress didn't fit the model that well. It seemed a bit baggy. LIke one size too big. 

14 hours ago, T Summer said:

Does anyone else think Elaine has been looking younger in the past 2-3 episodes?

This is so funny, because I felt like her outfit was very junior last night. The top/dress looked like a Junior prom dress and the thigh high boots were kind of hideous. Because of the dress I thought she looked young, but figured it was a trick of the eye.

Her commentary and judging are getting better. She sometimes judges based on personal taste (or it sounds like that) and whether or not she would wear it. Which, I don't care. But i'm heard more objective critiques from her this time. 

• Love 7

So I googled Katie and looked on her website. https://shop.katiekortman.com

She's selling the dress that got her kicked off the show! $350 for that ugly thing. She'll custom paint you a blazer for $500.

Looking at the site, she reminds me a bit of artist Sally Huss who creates "Happy Art." But Sally's creations do make me happy. Katie's give me a headache. 

Again, nice woman, but she really couldn't get past her narrow POV and couldn't make it work with in the PR universe.

• Useful 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Interesting to pick thru Katie Kortman's website page.  I think Nina is right to suspect that there could be a niche for Katie's ideas IF she can 'refine' her imagination.  I actually found a couple of fun, kooky yet chic pieces (in fabrics other than that heavy cotton) that I would enjoy wearing!   (And one idea she has that I already see 'taking off' in NYC now is her knotted headbands.  The concept is selling quite well here, and I love how they perk up an outfit.  They look great for summer when you want to pull your hair back into a ponytail -- & not look like a 'skinned possum.'  🦡  (P.S. They are being marketed to 'grown women' in nice boutiques.)  

With a little bit of luck, Katie may hopefully have made some contacts during her Project Runway stint -- fashion friends who can help her organize her 'imagination.'  (Having looked at her website, I got a kick out of her hot pink sheer jacket with red fur bits...and her faux fur vest with short cotton sleeves.   Not necessarily for conservative dressers, but they'd be fun and festive amongst my friends - and we are baby boomers!) 

Oops...confessional...now you know that I'm a little "out there" in having fun with style. ('Ageing like a fine old wine!')  😁

P.S.  I totally "voted" last night for Kristina's elegant winning outfit...and the lovely accessorized shoes.   Well-earned 'Best-in-Show' ladies!

• Love 8

@Refresh  While I liked the style and color of Prajje's dress, I agree that it didn't fit--too big and baggy. It didn't lie at all flat on the model's back. Once I saw that, I couldn't unsee it. 

I visit Tokyo occasionally, and I've never seen anyone wearing anything like Katie's dress. That's not to say there aren't a few costumes on the streets, just not clown dresses. 

I loved Kristina's outfit the minute the model walked out on the runway. I wasn't as impressed by the shoes, but they worked with the outfit. 

• Love 3

As much as I've been expecting Katie to be bounced out of there - and her dress was pretty awful - I think Bones deserved the auf this time.  Again he goes using the cheap-looking fabrics and just as many ruffles as Katie uses.  That was like a covered-up Little Mermaid Halloween costume.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Katie should have shortened the dress and paired it with a pair of solid coloured pants that ended at the ankle to show off the shoes. 

1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

She's selling the dress that got her kicked off the show! $350 for that ugly thing. She'll custom paint you a blazer for $500.

Thanks for the link.  I'm curious now as to why she realises it's obviously beneficial to market those fabrics without the ridiculous bows and just as a blouse with jeans/a monochromatic pair of trousers but she couldn't design something like that for "I need to sit down on the floor and play with my children while being modest" outfit?  Or any of the other designs she's "created" so far.

And yes, the prices are insane.  Does anyone know what her target audience is?

• Love 3

I don’t think anybody who didn’t successfully collaborate should be in the top. I tried to go back to the conversation with Coral and the hat designer, and I think the intent was to always do a structured hat that had lace hanging over it, but Coral completely squashed the entire accessory because she didn’t like the red of the hat. The accessory designer had black lace or tulle (something that kept the hat visible) to go over the hat, but instead we got Coral steamrolling over her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I really like most of the designs Coral has done, but I was very surprised she covered up her design partner's hat.  I'm glad she didn't win, because the accessory was unseen.  I don't think she followed the spirit of the rules.  

[...]

And what a kick in the teeth for that hat designer when Coral told the judges that the hat was really just a platform to support the mantilla.  Ouch!  That wasn't true at all.

####

I loved the hat the designer made for Bones' model.  He had asked for something reminiscent of ocean coral and that gracefully curved piece was spot-on.  But Bones and Octavio both looked ridiculous sporting the same headgear as their models.  You didn't see Pradje waving around flowerdy mittens.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Yes it’s ugly. But for an original design by an independent designer, with original prints, and Made in the USA I think it’s an appropriate price. I won’t knock her for that. 

• Love 6

What more can be said about Katie's design aesthetic ?

Well, I would just say, she should be designing for kids. Little kids.

Kids play clothes and kids bedrooms: kids sheets, bedspreads, curtains, pillows. Maybe some stuffed animal toys. 

That's it. Sorry Katie, but you are design limited. Accept your limitations and now go do something else.

Adult humans ain't wearing that stuff.  And sure as hell ain't paying $$$$ for it.  

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, candall said:

And what a kick in the teeth for that hat designer when Coral told the judges that the hat was really just a platform to support the mantilla.  Ouch!  That wasn't true at all.

####

I loved the hat the designer made for Bones' model.  He had asked for something reminiscent of ocean coral and that gracefully curved piece was spot-on.  But Bones and Octavio both looked ridiculous sporting the same headgear as their models.  You didn't see Pradje waving around flowerdy mittens.

Actually, yes, Prajje was wearing flowery gloves.  They weren't elbow length, but short ones.  I also noticed Katie had on the same shoes as her model.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Refresh said:

Yes it’s ugly. But for an original design by an independent designer, with original prints, and Made in the USA I think it’s an appropriate price. I won’t knock her for that. 

I agree.  Clothing is expensive to make when you are doing it yourself or with a small team.  You have to charge more per piece to make up for all of the overhead.   Katie would be breaking even selling a dress at $350 if she's lucky.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Refresh said:

Agree.  Not for me, but neither is this, at well north of $500:

lv.jpg

• LOL 5

Wow, $25,000 to SPLIT with the accessory designer. What’s that, a nanosecond of Visa’s earnings? Not even an even number amount.

When did Nina go back to Elle?

Christian is really playing it up for the camera in his mentoring, I really noticed it at Mood where he was trying to have the designers go for new colors and shapes. It’s difficult to get the designers to go a different direction, especially if the advice from him and the judges is “listen to your own voice, no, listen to me, oh, why didn’t you listen to your own voice?” For example, Brandon made no sense talking to Bones and then made sense talking to the judges about Bones. That “advice” on the runway was word salad. Not that Bones was going to listen but I couldn’t make heads or tails of what Brandon was telling him. 

• Love 10

Project Ruffle sucks this year. Either they’re crying, or bitching, or designing for Clown College, or spending the $ on outfits for themselves. I’m so sick of ruffles, tents with curtains sewn on, and wonky hems. Is the tablecloth fabric section the only part of Mood that’s open?

As a woman with, um, “love handles”, I wanted to slap Chastity for showcasing her model’s. Coral’s partner made a hat that was totally hidden, out her in the bottom for that. Octavio left Katie and went to the avant garde ring of the circus. DD saved that outfit. Was fitting they made a hat big enough for Oct’s head.

Anna made something gorgeous, and was safe? How? 

Why does Nina have a fan on her to blow her hair around during critiques? Is it to blow away the crack pipe smoke? That’s all I can figure with this season’s “winning looks”.

• LOL 14
  • Love 8

How bad is a designer when you think even Hester Sunshine is infinitely better, because, yeah. I'm glad they put Katie out of our misery, but I'm sure she has a fine career ahead of her designing for clowns.

So, Zayden gets dinged for his design and styling overwhelming the accessory, while Coral outright hides it under a bolt of cloth and she's in the top... 'Mkay.

Not a bad runway this week, but not a great one, either. I liked Prajje's, but agreed that it was verging on costume, and the fit seemed off. The other three were just okay to me. Personally, I liked the one Mimi was wearing best - forget the designer - and it really made the accessories an integral part of the design, not just an add-on.

Sebastian! Oh, how I miss Sebastian. And any number of losers from his season, because, yeah.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Project Ruffle sucks this year. Either they’re crying, or bitching, or designing for Clown College, or spending the $ on outfits for themselves. I’m so sick of ruffles, tents with curtains sewn on, and wonky hems. Is the tablecloth fabric section the only part of Mood that’s open?

As a woman with, um, “love handles”, I wanted to slap Chastity for showcasing her model’s. Coral’s partner made a hat that was totally hidden, out her in the bottom for that. Octavio left Katie and went to the avant garde ring of the circus. DD saved that outfit. Was fitting they made a hat big enough for Oct’s head.

Anna made something gorgeous, and was safe? How? 

Why does Nina have a fan on her to blow her hair around during critiques? Is it to blow away the crack pipe smoke? That’s all I can figure with this season’s “winning looks”.

I totally agree!! The love handles killed me. I like they they are being inclusive with plus size models but they really don’t know how to design for them. I would prefer all slim models and just focus on the fashion. I am plus size and I have never seen anything that would remotely look good on me. Remember that one winner that did plus fashion ( was it Ashley?). Her clothes were awful.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Kerbearjo said:

Remember that one winner that did plus fashion ( was it Ashley?). Her clothes were awful.

I remember Ashley and her retro aesthetic. I hated what she designed but to her credit she didn't (as far as I can recall) send her models out on the runway with rolls of fat pouring out the sides of her clothes or with boobs looking two cats fighting in a bag. And her models weren't encased in clothes so confining I keep waiting for them to faint deadaway on the runway.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Praije’s and Octavio’s looks blew me away. I thought for sure one of them would win, but what do I know.

A HUGE sigh of relief that Katie is FINALLY gone. I was hoping they would see Zayden and Bones as having a one-off bad night and keep them (although it’s a week-to-week competition). Their designs, while not their best, were still clearly above Katie’s, as usual. It’s clear she had, ultimately, no business being there. Everything she sent down the runway reminded me of a clown suit, this week especially. All that was missing were the puff balls down the front and the oversized shoes. Pants and a top probably would have been a better, more complementary choice with what she had to work with accessory wise.

Katie obviously does not trust herself or her vision, and PR is not the place to be working on those issues. Bye.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ML89 said:

Wow, $25,000 to SPLIT with the accessory designer. What’s that, a nanosecond of Visa’s earnings? Not even an even number amount.

When did Nina go back to Elle?

Christian is really playing it up for the camera in his mentoring, I really noticed it at Mood where he was trying to have the designers go for new colors and shapes. It’s difficult to get the designers to go a different direction, especially if the advice from him and the judges is “listen to your own voice, no, listen to me, oh, why didn’t you listen to your own voice?” For example, Brandon made no sense talking to Bones and then made sense talking to the judges about Bones. That “advice” on the runway was word salad. Not that Bones was going to listen but I couldn’t make heads or tails of what Brandon was telling him. 

I thought Bones was going to put Brandon in his place over those nonsense remarks. Good timing with the thunder with Bones’s critique. “I’m bringin’ the rain, honey.” Cut to Elaine’s wide eyes. LOL.

The man had an off night, Brandon. Is “finding yourself” code words for “I just don’t like your look?” Just come out and say it, and don’t crap on his entire asthetic when that is not deserved.

The mixed messaging is largely what messed up Katie, but unlike her, Bones separates the wheat from the chaff and ultimately listens to himself.

• Love 8

- Katie’s whole aesthetic reminds me of the fashion show outfits that strut the runway in the fabulous fashion show at the end of “Don’t Tell Mom The Babysitter’s Dead” — including a re-worked CLOWN DOG (fast food restaurant) uniform. But that was a movie. Representing peak 1990 fashion. Katie’s looks feel dated in a 1990 way to me, and not ‘90s revival like Gen Z is all about. Just dated and silly. 

- Loved the guest judge. Especially how he told the other judges not to get enchanted with the drama of Octavio’s outfit combined with his model’s walk when evaluating whether the outfit was the best for the challenge. It felt like he was the adult among the judges.

- HATE the designers doing the matching outfits. I find it narcissistic and honestly think many look quite silly — especially when their look is in the bottom and the designer is dressed in a matching look that makes things twice as embarrassing. The designers should be required to wear normal street clothes for judging to keep the focus on, you know, the actually runway looks. 

Edited by HelloOutThere
  • Love 22

Regarding the prices on Katie's website.  Just because the looks are available, doesn't mean she's selling anything.

We've recently been working on pricing and organizing hubby's baseball cards.  If you look at eBay, you'll see the exact same card listed by different sellers.  One will be (appropriately) priced at $3.50.  An identical one from a different seller will be listed for $4,000. 

Guess whose cards are NOT selling.

Back to Katie.  Guess whose fashions are NOT bringing in $350.  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

What more can be said about Katie's design aesthetic ?

Well, I would just say, she should be designing for kids. Little kids.

Kids play clothes and kids bedrooms: kids sheets, bedspreads, curtains, pillows. Maybe some stuffed animal toys. 

That's it. Sorry Katie, but you are design limited. Accept your limitations and now go do something else.

Adult humans ain't wearing that stuff.  And sure as hell ain't paying $$$$ for it.  

This. Her adult clientele will be extremely limited with this aesthetic. I think she should invest in some classes in fashion design if she’s serious about developing a career. In this case, “self-taught” equals “hobby,” which is fine, but it’s clear she has no clue as to what she’s doing. There have been a few PR contestants who I wondered what they were doing there, and what other more-deserving designers got shut out because of them. (Angela Keslar immediately comes to mind.) Katie is now on that list.

All her prints were the same week after week. Clowny. Too bad Ringling Bros. folded their tent.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

HATE the designers doing the matching outfits. I find it narcissistic and honestly think many look quite silly — especially when their look is in the bottom and the designer is dressed in a matching look that makes things twice as embarrassing. The designers should be required to wear normal street clothes for judging to keep the focus on, you know, the actually runway looks. 

This.  Unless the runway garment is finished to perfection, which they never are, wasting time on making an outfit for yourself is telling the judges you care more about that than the garment they asked for.

I don't think Bones had an off night.  That is his aesthetic and it's terrible, IMO. 

• Love 22
12 hours ago, ML89 said:

Yeah, when they announced the amount....pause....that you SPLIT. Heh, I know it's nice, but $12,750 doesn't go very far any more.

I noticed the wind machine when someone (I think Katie) was being questioned on the runway. Maybe with the storm it was really humid and sweat-inducing. Speaking of Katie, I was thinking her clothes would be somewhat less clown couture if she didn't use only primary colors. It's really difficult for a print to look sophisticated in primary colors. It just screams of a toddler with only an eight crayon box.

On edit: I think it was one of the model's whose hair I saw blowing in the wind machine breeze.

Edited by carrps
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I thought the shape of Praaje’s dress was beautiful, but the fabric was a bad choice.  If it had been made in a 4 ply silk crepe, it would have fallen better.  I did love the color, and the gloves looked like bouquets (not my favorite accessory).  I actually liked the bag that Zayden’s designer made the best, it’s too bad he didn’t make a better dress.  Again, I think it was fabric choice…that fabric looked almost handwoven and wasn’t going to work for that neckline.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, carrps said:

Yeah, when they announced the amount....pause....that you SPLIT. Heh, I know it's nice, but $12,750 doesn't go very far any more.

I noticed the wind machine when someone (I think Katie) was being questioned on the runway. Maybe with the storm it was really humid and sweat-inducing. Speaking of Katie, I was thinking her clothes would be somewhat less clown couture if she didn't use only primary colors. It's really difficult for a print to look sophisticated in primary colors. It just screams of a toddler with only an eight crayon box.

On edit: I think it was one of the model's whose hair I saw blowing in the wind machine breeze.

$12,750 pre-tax.  It's like Chopped when contestants think $20,000 pre-tax is going to allow them to open a restaurant.  Let's hope the first thing they do is hire business managers.  Oops, there goes the budget.

I saw a couple of models' dresses blowing in a "breeze".

1 hour ago, adore said:

Kyrsten Sinema?

Sinema would be laughed out of office if she wore one of Katie's outfits.  Now, if she kissed a baby who was wearing one, she'd get re-elected.

Edited by Leeds
  • LOL 1

I gasped out loud at Prajje’s (sorry probably butchering the spelling) look. Those gloves!!! And the turban and dress were so perfect. Timeless glamour for sure!  I can’t believe he didn’t win. 

I may be in the minority but I was all about those gloves and I thought his dress really looked great with them.  

It's too bad Katie couldn't adapt her design esthetic for PR.  I'm one of those that LOVES color and her clothes are so colorful (minus the big collars - reminds me of maternity dresses from the 1970s with the gigantic collars so detract from that big old pregnant belly).  I could see wearing one of her less extreme tops with a pair of leggings but I'm old.  

Bones' hat looked like a Pringle on his head. I couldn't unsee it. He was equally as bad as Katie, but his flamboyancy and misguided confidence bordering on arrogance is better TV than poor bewildered Katie. 

Octavio's hat reminded me of the hats Pharrell wore years ago.  Those tall hats. 

As a plus size gal, IMHO one of the problems with designing for us is that we are heavy in different locations. Some of us have big midsections.  Some of us have big butts. Some just have enormous boobs with side boobs that pop out the back and straight bottoms.  Designing for a size 0 that's stick thin is much easier. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
Just now, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

It's too bad Katie couldn't adapt her design esthetic for PR. 

Definitions:  

esthetic - a particular theory or conception of beauty or art : a particular taste for or approach to what is pleasing to the senses and especially sight

schtick - a usually comic or repetitious performance or routine

I don't think Katie has a design esthetic.  She has a schtick.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6