Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Don't Overthink It

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Jenny's all decked out in wedding attire in the previews and proclaims she's getting married that day.

Are we throwing out scenarios in which this might play out?  

I'm going to throw out my guess that Sumbitch will appear to stand her up, leaving her standing alone at the altar like a modern-day version of Miss Havisham, and that will be the season cliffhanger.  

havisham2.jpg

I could totally see that happening.

(Nice Dickens reference!)

• Love 5
On 11/22/2021 at 10:01 AM, Shelbie said:

To be clear I think Ellie is an idiot but I kind of get her irritation with everything.
She is boiling hot all the time with no relief in sight. She is doing physical labour that she is not used to. She is being slapped in the face with the reality that her money will have to finance everything with no guarantee that Victor actually cares about her. She should go home.

She is sad and depressed and should not have accepted that shell as an engagement ring. I don’t believe for a second that he actually had a ring for her. Convenient for him that he lost it during the storm. 

Ellie is a complete idiot.  Go home vulnerable woman.  And DO NOT think about having a baby with this ugly, good-for-nothing-broke-skank.  Maybe if she listens to me she;ll do it. BWAAAAAAAHHHHAAAA

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, hookedontv said:

And I am here for that 100%. Sumit is no prize whatsoever, he's a lying, passive idiot.

But Jenny, Jenny, Jenny, Sumit has been showing you who he is for 9 years. Your friends and family tell you what a mistake you've been making. Sumit basically tells you too. You do not listen to anyone except that tween voice in your head telling you that "you are in LOVE, you are star-crossed lovers, you have to make it work."

I am with you, and the rest of you, who think she sees herself as some femme fatale and her and Sumit are going to be the next Bogart and Bacall (not the same but work with me) and be one of the greatest love stories of all time!  That stupid grin he gets........argh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I really hope Armando's drama with his father is just drummed up for the camera, because he seems like a down to earth person otherwise.  Armando: if your dad, who has come to be with you on your wedding day, has a problem with you kissing or dancing with your husband, that's on him.  He needs to own it, and you need to just keep being you and being glad he showed up and is trying.  You can't change how he feels overnight.  You can be grateful that he's loving and supporting you regardless.  Just enjoy your day. 

And yes, I know he can't hear me say these things to the television, but my cat can and she TOTALLY AGREES WITH ME. 

Alina is a silly girl, and I think this marriage is a horrible idea, but man that Turkish wedding dress was gorgeous.  Assuming you like a Ren Faire princess vibe (which I do).  

Jenny should go.  Jenny won't go.  Jenny should stop threatening to go if Jenny won't go.  Go, Jenny, go!  (Do you like my hat?)

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I don't think Alina likes SteVen at all.  She swept away his hand when he tried to touch her/her head (as she has also done in previous episodes) and tried to curb his behavior with they met with the wedding official.  I continue to believe that she has a plan in mind and is going to accomplish it in SPITE of Steven not because of SteVen.

Jenny has refused to listen to all of the good advice WE have given her over the seasons, so not surprising that she won't listen to her friend in this episode.  Summit is so worried that the jig might be up and he may lose his sources of income-but he continues to show that he never had intention of marrying Jenny and his confusion about her continuing to hang on despite all of his lies (the best thing his mother did was back off because he has to find a million excuses other than his parents for not marrying Jenny.

I know that there's a lot of sympathy for Ellie, but she does keep bringing up the money.  If you can't afford it, then don't spend it.  But, don't keep referencing it in the immediate aftermath of a category 5 hurricane.  

Fast-forwarded Kenny and Armando as well as Evilyn and Corey.

• Love 8

I feel really bad for Victor. I think Ellie gaslights him. She says some wild shit then acts dismayed when he stands up for himself, calling him psycho, etc… Her comments like “at least somebody likes me” to the cat just felt so childish. She is miserable to watch and I was originally really rooting for her. It’s like she thinks the only way to support someone is financially. She says she’s his biggest fan but doesn’t show it. I get that things are tense with their whole situation but it’s unpleasant to watch. I was surprised that he proposed after that.

Corey trying to guilt trip his brother into attending his wedding across the world during a pandemic bc “you only get married once”…..Corey, you’re already married. Get over it.

Kenny wants Armando to be real in front of his dad, but meanwhile Kenny isn’t being honest with how he feels about Mexico or adopting.

SteVen seems quite invested on getting things signed on the dotted line before marriage. Didn’t he “jokingly” say he wanted Alina to sign something to say she will get baptized? He makes me sick.

Jenny’s comment about Sumit’s 1st marriage “not being real” was so icky. I literally cringed when she said that. That is so insulting, both to him and his ex! Those two are really into bashing his ex-wife, which is absolutely ridiculous because she is the ONLY victim here. While I am glad she got away from that asshole, I do feel quite sorry for her.

Also, Hare Krishna lady is so real. Jenny... leave!!

Kenny and Armando's wedding in the sneak peak for next week looks beautiful! So seemingly normal compared to other couples! Then they show Steven with 4 cat carriers jumping over a doorway with fluttering feet like a fucking weirdo. I can't with him. Just so unappealing ....

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Jenny’s comment about Sumit’s 1st marriage “not being real” was so icky. I literally cringed when she said that. That is so insulting, both to him and his ex! Those two are really into bashing his ex-wife, which is absolutely ridiculous because she is the ONLY victim here. While I am glad she got away from that asshole, I do feel quite sorry for her.

I'm guessing that Sumit didn't like how "controlling" his ex-wife was because she was trying to get him to grow up.  

He wants to live with his parents so they can take care of him; my suspicion about him hooking up with much older Jenny is about him wanting another "mommy" to take care of him.

Maybe his ex-wife didn't want to be his "mommy"...

• Love 6

I just watched the repeat of this episode with the bonus scenes.  One of those scenes was Steven telling Alina he wanted her to sign a pre-nup - and she was not a happy camper!  Basically he was saying that if the marriage didn't work (he even mentioned three months!) he didn't want her to have any of his money.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

I just watched the repeat of this episode with the bonus scenes.  One of those scenes was Steven telling Alina he wanted her to sign a pre-nup - and she was not a happy camper!  Basically he was saying that if the marriage didn't work (he even mentioned three months!) he didn't want her to have any of his money.

Like he has money.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I wonder if Ste-Van has a trust fund, or something inherited?     He certainly doesn't seem to need to work while he's in Turkey, or when he was going to Russia, and can afford the different visa fees.     I really hate that Alina is apparently still going to marry him.  She should have gone home.    

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if Ste-Van has a trust fund, or something inherited?     He certainly doesn't seem to need to work while he's in Turkey, or when he was going to Russia, and can afford the different visa fees.     I really hate that Alina is apparently still going to marry him.  She should have gone home.    

He was living in a windowless room in his parents’ basement.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Perhaps he doesn't have much money, which is why he doesn't want Alina to get any of it.

SteVen seemingly has plans to parlay this appearance on 90 Day into a lucrative career as a sort of famous person.  Wouldn't want to have to share the bounty with Alina.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

SteVen seemingly has plans to parlay this appearance on 90 Day into a lucrative career as a sort of famous person.  Wouldn't want to have to share the bounty with Alina.

He is too boring, annoying and awkward to have a career on TV after this 15 minutes.  He lacks the gross out factor that Big Ed possesses and lacks self delusion that most of the men we have seen on this show, he is a nothing sandwich.  The only thing that would make him interesting is if he denounced his church, went on a drinking binge and got some girl pregnant outside of marriage all on camera.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

He is too boring, annoying and awkward to have a career on TV after this 15 minutes.  He lacks the gross out factor that Big Ed possesses and lacks self delusion that most of the men we have seen on this show, he is a nothing sandwich.  The only thing that would make him interesting is if he denounced his church, went on a drinking binge and got some girl pregnant outside of marriage all on camera.  

Steven is just embarrassing to watch.

" The only thing that would make him interesting is if he denounced his church, went on a drinking binge and got some girl pregnant outside of marriage all on camera.  "

Even that wouldn't do it for me.  The only thing that makes him interesting is this relationship with Alina, and what is most interesting about that is wondering why she is still with him.

"nothing sandwich" - ha!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

There is an article rating the couples/individuals by their popularity on Instagram.  Sorry Steven, you are only 9.

https://screenrant.com/90-day-fiance-other-way-couples-instagram-followers/

Alina's Instagram account:

https://www.instagram.com/alina.otherway/

Lots of pretty pictures, only one of her with Steven.  She certainly has traveled a lot.

Looking at all of her photos makes me think she wants to be a mudle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Looking at all of her photos makes me think she wants to be a mudle.

I had a suspicion of this from the very beginning. I remember thinking how much she needed to hear him say how beautiful she looked in some particular outfit or other before the actual conversation could proceed. I mean, everyone likes to hear that kind of thing, but it was as if she was demanding it of him. If she really does want to be a model, I'm afraid she's going to be pretty disappointed. But maybe she's playing some other long game. Because most of the time these two don't even seem to like each other.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

But maybe she's playing some other long game. Because most of the time these two don't even seem to like each other.

Perhaps they both have some agenda that would explain their storyline.  At the very least they re getting exposure from being on this show, which may be a basis for what they are planning next.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I had a suspicion of this from the very beginning. I remember thinking how much she needed to hear him say how beautiful she looked in some particular outfit or other before the actual conversation could proceed. I mean, everyone likes to hear that kind of thing, but it was as if she was demanding it of him. If she really does want to be a model, I'm afraid she's going to be pretty disappointed. But maybe she's playing some other long game. Because most of the time these two don't even seem to like each other.

Maybe she and Natalie could have a show like The Simple Life where they work at Sonic and hog farms.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Because most of the time these two don't even seem to like each other.

It is funny how so many of the imports on this show have that mix of disdain, desperation and deceit when it comes to the other person. Giving up your religion you really don't like is a big deal...giving up things like coffee and wine for some one you do not really like is a big deal, SteVen's plan is to get married and move to Russia so Alina is not gaining anything, she is losing, a lot.  I see no advantages for Alina.

• Love 4
On 11/28/2021 at 11:24 AM, ethalfrida said:

Is anyone else extremely annoyed  with the pee in the dating  pool ad?

Me! 🙋‍♀️ 

Each time Stephanie says that I want to punch her in the face so bad. Maybe SHE is the pee in the fucking dating pool.

Also, Debbie saying she has a huge sex drive now makes me want to punch HER in the face so bad as well.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Me! 🙋‍♀️ 

Each time Stephanie says that I want to punch her in the face so bad. Maybe SHE is the pee in the fucking dating pool.

Also, Debbie saying she has a huge sex drive now makes me want to punch HER in the face so bad as well.

yup. the first time I heard either comment, I thought it was stupid but funny and it got my attention. Now after hearing it like 55 times at least, it's really STOOPID and irritating and Not At all Amusing.

What's the word? Tiresome!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 11/28/2021 at 3:27 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I see no advantages for Alina.

NONE AT ALL.  She will be a caretaker (and apologizer) for the rest of her married days.  Steven's parents are relieved they won't have to worry about him 24/7 ... and are reconciled to the fact that one day he will be back in his high school bedroom (again).  The only advantage for Alina is a Hard Life Lesson Learned.  😢

• Love 3
On 11/28/2021 at 4:27 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

giving up things like coffee and wine for some one you do not really like is a big deal

I said this before, but giving up coffee is never gonna happen.  Punch #1.  Giving up wine is no biggie but just because you commanded it:  Punch #2.  And now I am off to Total Wine and More for Mommy's Juice Box, ala boxed wine.

16 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

, Debbie saying she has a huge sex drive now makes me want to punch HER in the face so bad as well.

These fools seem to make all of us very physical!

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I said this before, but giving up coffee is never gonna happen.  Punch #1.  Giving up wine is no biggie but just because you commanded it:  Punch #2.  And now I am off to Total Wine and More for Mommy's Juice Box, ala boxed wine.

17 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I could see her stepping out on SteVen for a cup of coffee with her friends, I could see her stepping out for a glass wine with her friends, I could see her never mentioning it to SteVen but how is she going to dodge the baptism, SteVen will be right there!

And by the way, Total Wine is my favorite department store!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Me! 🙋‍♀️ 

Anything said or done by Debbie or Colt that is even sexually adjacent I sure as hell do not need to know!

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I could see her stepping out on SteVen for a cup of coffee with her friends, I could see her stepping out for a glass wine with her friends, I could see her never mentioning it to SteVen but how is she going to dodge the baptism, SteVen will be right there!

And by the way, Total Wine is my favorite department store!

Quoted by @Pepper Mostly AND @Baltimore Betty in one day?  Happy Birthday to me!

• LOL 2

I wish when Ellie and Victor were talking on the beach the next day, she would have said, "ok, since money is not important to you, I will stop giving you any money. I will pay for my own way while I am here, and you can pay your own way."  and then actually follow through on it.

Its probably not a nice thing to do, but I would have liked to see his response to that.  

• Love 2