Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
greekmom

S03.E13: Don't Overthink It

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Ladies, just a hard STOP on thinking a baby will change anything.  Wait, it WILL change everything.  You will have less money, less sleep, less time together and a baby does not need an agenda.  It needs to be a baby wanted by both people because they want a baby.  Thank you for attending my TedTalk.

Amen! My husband and I have lived through parent death, child death, unemployment, chronic health issues, depression...but NOTHING has been harder on our marriage than having a newborn. 

Sumit is pissing me the hell off, and I'd like to shake some sense into Jenny. 

I love this whole "we only have X number of days to plan our wedding!" No, you have X number of days to get married. There's a difference. Do what the majority of those of us with the 90 day visa did-get a courthouse (or embassy) marriage, get your paperwork filed, and then plan the wedding of your dreams at leisure. Looking at YOU SteVen and Alina...

I FF through Corey and Evilin. 

I'm actually starting to root for Victor. Not because I think he's right or I'm on his side but because Ellie is annoying the fuck out of me. 

Look, Ellie, whether there are lots of tourists or not, your quality of life on Providencia is probably not going to adhere to the same standards as it was in Seattle. I know this and I've never been there. If you want the same standard if living and the same amenities then you're going to have to live in Seattle. 

Ari can fuck right off. Again, it's not that I think Bini is right, it's just that I can't stand her.

I wish TLC would just admit that Ethiopia is going into civil war and it's not safe for anyone. 'I don't want to die and my embassy is clearing its citizens out" is a much more sympathetic storyline than "Baby embarrassed me so I refuse to return."

 

  • Like 21
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

35 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I wish TLC would just admit that Ethiopia is going into civil war and it's not safe for anyone. 'I don't want to die and my embassy is clearing its citizens out" is a much more sympathetic storyline than "Baby embarrassed me so I refuse to return."

THIS!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

This 90DF franchise is a fascinating exercise in what networks think viewers (like me, the "I love it 'cause it's TRASH" viewer) want to see.

Physical fights? YES Children acting as parents to dickmatized women? YES Actual reality like civil war in Ethiop-ya? HARD NO.

Honestly, at this point I'm only in it for a few things:

1) Dr. Honda reviewing Jenny and Soo-meet/Summit

2)YouTube channel Observe doing the non-verbal interpretations, and I hope he gets to Jenny and Smit, and

3)Sumit coming up with 3,250,082 reasons why he can't marry Jenny.

Edited by MargDelahunty
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

A baby is also a temporary distraction from some very real serious issues. They are masked for a bit but they are still there.

I have heard that some couples use moving for the same reason.  They think a new city/home/neighborhood will solve their problems but nope.  Still there.

 

9 hours ago, JeanJean said:

How does Ari have such a blind spot as to how she embarrassed Bini by having her ex stay with them and by staying with her ex in New Jersey?

Her and Tiffany have the same line of logic.  Can't watch her.

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Sumit is pissing me the hell off, and I'd like to shake some sense into Jenny. 

Same!  I have never seen what is attractive about Sumit.  Greasy, unwashed flat hair, unemployed, zero personality, won't stand up for his alleged girlfriend, LIES ALL THE TIME, can't make a decision, keeps moving the goalpost on his/their future.......ugh.  

 

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Look, Ellie, whether there are lots of tourists or not, your quality of life on Providencia is probably not going to adhere to the same standards as it was in Seattle. I know this and I've never been there. If you want the same standard if living and the same amenities then you're going to have to live in Seattle. 

Kind of like Ed with his 3000 count sheets in the Philippines.  I know he was NEVER gonna live there but just his whole "I need A/C NOW" was like, dude.....cork it.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

 

I love this whole "we only have X number of days to plan our wedding!" No, you have X number of days to get married. There's a difference. Do what the majority of those of us with the 90 day visa did-get a courthouse (or embassy) marriage, get your paperwork filed, and then plan the wedding of your dreams at leisure. Looking at YOU SteVen and Alina..

This drives me to the brink every fucking time. "We only have 90 days to plan our wedding!" Um. You could have been planning it all this time. Once you decided you were going to marry, you could have started planning. They act like its a competition show challenge--"and your time starts......NOW!" But they expect us to believe that Alina went to Turkey, knowing the plan was to get married there, and didn't even have a dress? And they all act like they have to wait for the full 90 days to elapse to get married.  Nothing is stopping you from going to the courthouse any time you want! But the sad, thrown together wedding in some park or random Best Western takes three months to pull together. Sure. 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

To be clear I think Ellie is an idiot but I kind of get her irritation with everything.
She is boiling hot all the time with no relief in sight. She is doing physical labour that she is not used to. She is being slapped in the face with the reality that her money will have to finance everything with no guarantee that Victor actually cares about her. She should go home.

She is sad and depressed and should not have accepted that shell as an engagement ring. I don’t believe for a second that he actually had a ring for her. Convenient for him that he lost it during the storm. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Shelbie said:

To be clear I think Ellie is an idiot but I kind of get her irritation with everything.
She is boiling hot all the time with no relief in sight. She is doing physical labour that she is not used to. She is being slapped in the face with the reality that her money will have to finance everything with no guarantee that Victor actually cares about her. She should go home.

She is sad and depressed and should not have accepted that shell as an engagement ring. I don’t believe for a second that he actually had a ring for her. Convenient for him that he lost it during the storm. 

100% yes.

Also, are we to believe this is the first time they have talked about marriage or the first time he has proposed? Why would she have told her friends she was moving to Prov-ah-dent-ciahhh to be with Chin Braid if there were no talk of taking their relationship further.

Victor could have made a ring out of the skinny end of his braid, ick, sorry that is gross but I could not help myself.

Was he working on a car after he said she does not give him enough money for a bike? I am confused, who's car was that?

They talk about opening a bar, not needing tourist money to eek out a living, fixing up the house, etc...with what money if Victor Chin Braid eschews money from tourism and has none of his own? 

I noticed big conch shells decorating the roots of the palms that had been knocked over, production perhaps did that so why did Chin Braid go hunting for a shell, there was one right behind Ellie the ATM.  

We have already been over the wanting a baby but she is too old scene, how long till we get to the religion portion where they each claim their religion is very important to them and they have to get married in a yurt or church or in front of the town medicine man and there has to be some sort of baptism that the one having to do it never Googles it to find out more about it.

If those two crazy kids can't make it there is no hope for any of us.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, JeanJean said:

How does Ari have such a blind spot as to how she embarrassed Bini by having her ex stay with them and by staying with her ex in New Jersey?

I think her family has spent HER whole life making excuses for her and "fixing" everything so her life is rosy. She couldn't possibly have a fault or be wrong about something. 

  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I want to see the Facetime call when Ellie tells her friends she's engaged. Oh Ellie! let me see the ring! Victor had a ring for me, but the hurricane was so strong the ring blew away. He did give me this huge conch shell, I'm going to carry it around so everyone knows I'm engaged.

He could have at least put a whole "carrot" inside!!

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh. I just can’t with Ari or Evelin. With both of these women it’s their way or the highway…Ari: ”I will never live in Ethiopia” (ummmm, Ari, then you shouldn’t have had a baby with an Ethiopian!)…Evelin: ”Corey, we can’t have Raul at the wedding” (even though Corey said he wanted Raul there and Raul is his only friend, but as per Corey “whatever Evelin wants, Evelin gets”). Uuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhh!
 

Can’t this show cast a woman who isn’t either a selfish bitch (Ari snd Evelin) or a doormat (Jenny for sure, and now Alina).

Edited by Spectator
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This drives me to the brink every fucking time. "We only have 90 days to plan our wedding!" Um. You could have been planning it all this time. Once you decided you were going to marry, you could have started planning. They act like its a competition show challenge--"and your time starts......NOW!" But they expect us to believe that Alina went to Turkey, knowing the plan was to get married there, and didn't even have a dress? And they all act like they have to wait for the full 90 days to elapse to get married.  Nothing is stopping you from going to the courthouse any time you want! But the sad, thrown together wedding in some park or random Best Western takes three months to pull together. Sure. 

Kind of like Gordon Ramsey and Master Chef!  

This may be an unfair advantage as I am a teacher and yes we LOVE to plan, but I could full on plan a very nice wedding for this Saturday and have parents, siblings and maybe a few friends.  Call the restaurant for a private dining room, get with a florist, make some calls to invite, get an officiant (I know two) and.......well as you can see it is not that difficult.  Hell, I could plan this today on my prep!  (Which is now, lol....and lasts 49 minutes.)

Also unfair:  I work in a middle school so listening to complaining over doing something for 15 minutes that could be accomplished in two minutes is very draining.  Hence, listening to the CONSTANT "We don't have enough time to plan" over and OVER again......perhaps that is why I have not watched Sunday's episode, lol!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I don’t believe for a second that he actually had a ring for her.

That’s exactly what I thought too when Victor made that claim. Not a chance. I’m definitely in the skeptical camp when it comes to Victor. I mean, come on…he lied about having an affair with a woman he was actually living with…how can Ellie believe a word that comes out of his mouth???

Edited by Spectator
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

I want to see the Facetime call when Ellie tells her friends she's engaged. Oh Ellie! let me see the ring! Victor had a ring for me, but the hurricane was so strong the ring blew away. He did give me this huge conch shell, I'm going to carry it around so everyone knows I'm engaged.

Isn’t that shell what Fred Flintstone used to order the ribs that tipped over the car?

  • Laugh 20

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/20/2021 at 9:41 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I mean where are they going to keep a baby in that post hurricane mess? In a box?

And what happens if there's another hurricane and the baby blows away???

5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

get a courthouse (or embassy) marriage, get your paperwork filed, and then plan the wedding of your dreams at leisure. Looking at YOU SteVen and Alina...

I'm trying to help by getting their vows ready for them. I'd like to end it with "for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as we both have hair." 'Cause it's always good to personalize these things.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Kind of like Gordon Ramsey and Master Chef!  

This may be an unfair advantage as I am a teacher and yes we LOVE to plan, but I could full on plan a very nice wedding for this Saturday and have parents, siblings and maybe a few friends.  Call the restaurant for a private dining room, get with a florist, make some calls to invite, get an officiant (I know two) and.......well as you can see it is not that difficult.  Hell, I could plan this today on my prep!  (Which is now, lol....and lasts 49 minutes.)

 

Plus, they're in a country that neither are native to and without ANY nearby friends or family. What kind of wedding were they expecting to plan? 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This drives me to the brink every fucking time. "We only have 90 days to plan our wedding!" Um. You could have been planning it all this time. Once you decided you were going to marry, you could have started planning. They act like its a competition show challenge--"and your time starts......NOW!" But they expect us to believe that Alina went to Turkey, knowing the plan was to get married there, and didn't even have a dress? And they all act like they have to wait for the full 90 days to elapse to get married.  Nothing is stopping you from going to the courthouse any time you want! But the sad, thrown together wedding in some park or random Best Western takes three months to pull together. Sure. 

It's like the people who say, "We only have 90 days to decide if we want to get married!" No, dingbats, that's what you were meant to do before applying for the visa. The 90 days are to allow you to have time to plan your travel arrangements, fill out the rest of the paperwork, get settled into a new place, and get officially married. 

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

10 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

It's like the people who say, "We only have 90 days to decide if we want to get married!" No, dingbats, that's what you were meant to do before applying for the visa. The 90 days are to allow you to have time to plan your travel arrangements, fill out the rest of the paperwork, get settled into a new place, and get officially married. 

Right? What part of "fiancee visa" do they not understand? 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? What part of "fiancee visa" do they not understand? 

The part where they think they read:  "Doing this show may present you with the opportunity to sell your soap, be an influencer, host a podcast, be a Youtuber, model on Instagram and possibly not work at a 9-5 job."

  • Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? What part of "fiancee visa" do they not understand? 

Thanks to the increasing popularity and misrepresentation of the show I've noticed an uptick in weird shit people say to me when I tell them I married my spouse on the visa. I'll get "How can you be sure he didn't just marry you to get to America", and no matter how I answer people think I'm in denial. What I generally wind up saying is, "Look, we married 14 years ago and he's still perfectly fine just being a permanent resident so if he's frauding me then he's playing the long con." And also...he left his beautiful home, free medical care, and job in Shropshire to move with me to an Appalachian holler without broadband. If anyone's did the frauding in this situation then it's me. 

Back to show...I want to shake Sumit every time he gaslights Jenny to make things HER fault and then acts like there's zero reason to "rush" the marriage. And then I want to shake her for staying. 

I still think SteVen is playing up some of his crap because he thought the shtick would make him look lovable and quirky. He was so, so wrong. 

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Corey mentioned that this was the only time he was getting married.  Did I hallucinate, or are they already married?  And, no one supports your wedding because your wife is a hateful witch.  Read the room, buddy.  You're making all the sacrifices.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Based on last night's show and the previews for next week, it looks like just about everyone is getting married - even Jenny and Sumit.

Are they just setting us up for more drama as people back out at the last minute, or do we think these marriages will actually happen?

Kenny and Armando stand the best chance of going through with it.  In the preview it seems that Jenny is dressed for her wedding.  Alina and Steven have only a few days to get it together or call it off; likewise Corey and Evelin.  In spite of all the drama, Ellie and Victor are now engaged; what are their chances?  Ari and Bini - who knows what the  heck is going on with them. 

I think there are seven episodes left.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

29 minutes ago, steff13 said:

Corey mentioned that this was the only time he was getting married. 

I think he's still keeping it from his family that they already married in Guayaquil. Only Raul and Evelin's family recently learned the truth. 

Edited by magemaud

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I think he's still keeping it from his family that they already married in Guayaquil. Only Raul and Evelin's family recently learned the truth. 

Still, that's a weird thing to make a point of, IMO, seeing as how it's not true.  He could have still complained about his family not supporting him without asserting that it is the ONLY TIME he's getting married.  😒

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, steff13 said:

He could have still complained about his family not supporting him without asserting that it is the ONLY TIME he's getting married.  

But then again it reinforces the fact that he's the liar that he is, so it's very on-brand for him. And his lovely bride.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I wonder who will be the conch shell bearer at Chin Braid and Ellie's wedding.

 

28 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In their relationships?

Someone who will clam up when the is there any objection to the marriage part comes up.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In their relationships?

Someone who will clam up when the is there any objection to the marriage part comes up.

Can viewers of the show object??  :)

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, steff13 said:

Corey mentioned that this was the only time he was getting married.  Did I hallucinate, or are they already married?  And, no one supports your wedding because your wife is a hateful witch.  Read the room, buddy.  You're making all the sacrifices.  

Also his brother is much better looking lol.

3 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Based on last night's show and the previews for next week, it looks like just about everyone is getting married - even Jenny and Sumit.

Are they just setting us up for more drama as people back out at the last minute, or do we think these marriages will actually happen?

Kenny and Armando stand the best chance of going through with it.  In the preview it seems that Jenny is dressed for her wedding.  Alina and Steven have only a few days to get it together or call it off; likewise Corey and Evelin.  In spite of all the drama, Ellie and Victor are now engaged; what are their chances?  Ari and Bini - who knows what the  heck is going on with them. 

I think there are seven episodes left.

According to my dvr next week is the finale and then the tell all starts the week after.  It seems when they pulled away from Ellie and Victor with that panoramic camera shot and their lack of inclusion in the previews that they are done for the regular season.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I think he's still keeping it from his family that they already married in Guayaquil. Only Raul and Evelin's family recently learned the truth. 

It was kinda weird that during the discussion re Evelin not wanting Raul at the wedding no one acknowledged that part of the reason she might not want him there is that she cheated on Corey with him.  Instead she has this overstated indignation that women were present at dinner with Raul and Corey after she kicked him out (again).

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

According to my dvr next week is the finale and then the tell all starts the week after.  It seems when they pulled away from Ellie and Victor with that panoramic camera shot and their lack of inclusion in the previews that they are done for the regular season.

I am confused.  This was episode 13.  I had looked up the show on the IMDB and it showed 22 episodes for season 1 and season 2, with the Tell All episodes being episodes 21 and 22.  Do they have a shorter season this time?

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

I am confused.  This was episode 13.  I had looked up the show on the IMDB and it showed 22 episodes for season 1 and season 2, with the Tell All episodes being episodes 22 and 23.  Do they have a shorter season this time?

I think every other number is assigned to Pillow Talk.

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

 

Someone who will clam up when the is there any objection to the marriage part comes up.

With the string beard I almost want to make some bearded clam reference.

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:
9 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

I am confused.  This was episode 13.  I had looked up the show on the IMDB and it showed 22 episodes for season 1 and season 2, with the Tell All episodes being episodes 22 and 23.  Do they have a shorter season this time?

I think every other number is assigned to Pillow Talk.

Here is the episode list from season 1:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9170070/episodes?season=1

Pillow Talk is not on it.

Do they change around every season?  Season 2 does not have Tell All episodes listed.

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I think her family has spent HER whole life making excuses for her and "fixing" everything so her life is rosy. She couldn't possibly have a fault or be wrong about something. 

There has to be a good reason as to why Ari's family with the exception of her sister, doesn't want to upset her or see her distressed.  I've noticed that when she is upset, she has a tendency of covering her ears with her hands.  When she was at home in Jersey, her mother made a point of telling her that she was going to have a good life with or without Bini.  I can well imagine that her stay in a decent place in Africa is costing a nice piece of change. And yet, no one seems to be batting an eye, even though her and her fiancé are not gainfully employed.  I believe there is something going on with Ari to which viewers aren't privy.

I've always wondered how Cory's family felt about Evelin. I cheered when his brother said that they don't want anything to do with her.  However, I believe Cory is to blame for allowing her to treat him the way she does.  Like the late great Maya Angelou said, "we teach people how to treat us."

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Some thoughts:

Steven and Alina: Girl, run while you can. What does he have to offer you or anyone else in a relationship? Skoodiling? You are only 20 years old and there is no rush to tie yourself to some dude for the rest of your life or until you get sick of him and divorce him. Or he finds a more pliable replacement. Finish your degree, drink some wine, drink some coffee, have some more adventures and live your life. Steven will be a distant memory. Your dress was nice and it can be re-worn, but seriously, save the money, go to the department store or boutique and find a nice day or cocktail dress for your wedding. You can plan a big wedding later. And encourage your fiance not to eat in the car. Rubbing his sticky fingers on the car seat can add cleaning costs.

Ellie and Victor: Girl, when your instinct told you that you didn't want to be there any more, listen to it! Pack your bag, leave, thank Victor for his time and what you learned from him and that you felt desirable again. It's doubtful that the two of you will work. Island life doesn't have the creature comforts you want and need.  Ask him to snip his chin braid. And really, he does want your money. Maybe someday he can pay you back but don't count on it. I'd love for my fiance to find some old conch shell on the beach as a promise, er, engagement ring.

Ari and Bini: After a year of waiting on the K1 visa process to happen, you have an interview in 19 days! I don't think that your relationship will work whether you are living in America or Ethiopia.  America will bring opportunities for you to control Bini more and take him away from what you feel are undesirable folks/influences in his life. He is what he is. You were stupid enough to get pregnant by a guy you had a fantasy about and the reality is anything but. Bini does not want to live in the US full-time. He will miss his friends and family. You don't fit in to the Ethiopian life and don't seem to care about it much. Maybe if Bini was better off or you also had a job, you could live in Kenya or wherever he could work.

Armando and Kenny: Truffles has a nice dress for the wedding. More real non-drama. Will Armando's dad show up? How will his family feel about him marrying another dude?

Jenny and Sumit: It'll be a cold day in Hell before Sumit marries you, Jenny. I don't know if leaving India and letting him face life without you will work. He has to reach that point himself and he won't unless he has to. He can fall back on living with his parents again. Maybe they can find a nice second wife for him. The Hare Krishna woman was wise and listened to Jenny and told her some truths. I would think that a woman of Jenny's age would be a bit more cynical about relationships, but I guess not. Surely there are some widowers in India who would love to spend time with her and appreciate her.

Corey and Evelin: His brother is better looking. Why would Raoul want to go to the wedding of his former girlfriend? Or rather, vow renewal. You are already married and if you want a vow renewal, have something small and intimate. With the pandemic, not everyone can afford to travel and quarantine after they return. You can get some footage and email it to your friends and family. Why would Evelin need a signal to stop the wedding if she is already married?

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Thanks to the increasing popularity and misrepresentation of the show I've noticed an uptick in weird shit people say to me when I tell them I married my spouse on the visa. I'll get "How can you be sure he didn't just marry you to get to America", and no matter how I answer people think I'm in denial. What I generally wind up saying is, "Look, we married 14 years ago and he's still perfectly fine just being a permanent resident so if he's frauding me then he's playing the long con." And also...he left his beautiful home, free medical care, and job in Shropshire to move with me to an Appalachian holler without broadband. If anyone's did the frauding in this situation then it's me. 

Back to show...I want to shake Sumit every time he gaslights Jenny to make things HER fault and then acts like there's zero reason to "rush" the marriage. And then I want to shake her for staying. 

I still think SteVen is playing up some of his crap because he thought the shtick would make him look lovable and quirky. He was so, so wrong. 

My wife got it all the time despite the fact that she couldn't take her daughter out of the country. I've been here 18 years now & still have no intention of becoming an American citizen, I like things just the way they are.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I believe there is something going on with Ari to which viewers aren't privy.

I think we were privy to it. In her first season there was mention that she was (maybe still is) a cutter. But apparently she can't cut out being a self-centered monster.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/21/2021 at 4:22 PM, treeofdreams said:

If she does, she had better decide before she gets pregnant.  I'm thinking his rush to have a baby is his attempt to tie her (and her money) to him long term.

Ellie is 45 years old. She probably won't get pregnant at the drop of a hat. And if she were to get pregnant without any medical intervention, I would hope she'd have access to top-notch maternal-fetal specialists because pregnancy at her age is high risk.

And one would hope she'd take advantage of amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling to screen for genetic anomalies or Ellie could find herself caring for a child with a significant disability well into her 60's and beyond.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Watched it, or rather ff through a lot of it.  Ellie, Jenny, and Allina, ALL GO HOME.  Bini, you have learned (I hope) your lesson on knocking up American women.   Don't care about Armando, Kenny or his selfish children.  Really don't care about Simpering Corey.  Listen to your brother, brother.

Alina's scenes with her mom?  Me:  "Listen to your mother!!  PLEASE!  Before you legally attach yourself to this douchebag!"

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

On 11/19/2021 at 7:29 AM, hookedontv said:

Evilin actually wants her dick soup sister to MARRY them. 

If someone doesn’t start a band and name it Dick Soup Sister, then we’ve all failed here.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/21/2021 at 2:23 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Ladies, just a hard STOP on thinking a baby will change anything.  Wait, it WILL change everything.  You will have less money, less sleep, less time together and a baby does not need an agenda.  It needs to be a baby wanted by both people because they want a baby.  Thank you for attending my TedTalk.

Truth. Having a kid with a reluctant partner ruins three lives. If the answer to the question “Do we want to dedicate a large chunk of our lives to raising, nurturing, and supporting small humans to adulthood” isn’t a resounding “hell yes!” then don’t have kids. I find that many people get caught up in the cuteness of bayyybeeez while forgetting that those babies grow up to be teens and young adults with their own opinions, interests, foibles, and challenges. And, adult kids will sometimes still need your help if they’re faced with a catastrophe (e.g. losing their job in a pandemic). Some people put more thought into what restaurant to go to for dinner than whether they truly want the life-altering job of a parent. 

15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Prov-ah-dent-ciahhh 

Okay, I’m glad it’s not just me who noticed Ellie’s exaggerated pronunciation. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why would Evelin need a signal to stop the wedding if she is already married?

I would think Evelin would enjoy humiliating Corey in front of everyone, a signal is just way to subtle...I picture her stopping her Dick Soup Sister mid vows and screaming to the guests about Corey's cheating after she threw him out telling him the marriage was over and that she is too good for him and sashaying out of the ceremony.  Sadly halfway home she realizes that she is already married to Corey.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Evelin's whole idea of having a signal to stop her wedding has got to be the most ridiculous thing ever on this show.  Is she really that stupid?  That dramatic?  It's not even a priest or a minister performing the ceremony.  What exactly would this represent then?  Just another opportunity to degrade her HUSBAND?  She's right at the cusp of being the worst of the worst, and that's saying a lot considering who's all at the bottom of that list.  Horrible, vile, joyless woman.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I am afraid to ask I ff through their scenes, but Evelin wants a hand signal to stop the renewal of vows?  She just gets off on humiliating him, and he takes it.  I did not like how she, waaaaaay back, stayed at their house and hid out and barely spoke to his family.  I really think she is the first person he has both been in love with and slept with and he will always be in an Evelin Fog.

21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Will Armando's dad show up?

Spoiler

In the preview for next week he is there.

Earlier I called Kenny's children terrible.  I need to backtrack:  Son seems chill, it is the daughters who are crying selfish females.  In the bit of the car ride I watched, Kenny is explaining that Daughters are upset that "I am moving to Mexico, starting a new life with Hannah and maybe expanding our family and forget about them."  Had I been Armando:  "What kind of self centered shit is that?  FORGET ABOUT THEM?  Dude, get your daughters in line and tell them to stop with that manipulating behavior.  I am sorry you are no longer free child care for Coopy but hey if you are going to have kids, be prepared.  Now pull over and get ready for me to buy Hannah a useless trinket that costs 45 cents.  And an ice cream cone.  Dinner tonight is a burrito out of a bucket from a used Pontiac, mister sister!"

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Jenny's all decked out in wedding attire in the previews and proclaims she's getting married that day.

Are we throwing out scenarios in which this might play out?  

I'm going to throw out my guess that Sumbitch will appear to stand her up, leaving her standing alone at the altar like a modern-day version of Miss Havisham, and that will be the season cliffhanger.  

 

 

havisham2.jpg

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm going to throw out my guess that Sumbitch will appear to stand her up, leaving her standing alone at the altar like a modern-day version of Miss Havisham, and that will be the season cliffhanger.  

And I am here for that 100%. Sumit is no prize whatsoever, he's a lying, passive idiot.

But Jenny, Jenny, Jenny, Sumit has been showing you who he is for 9 years. Your friends and family tell you what a mistake you've been making. Sumit basically tells you too. You do not listen to anyone except that tween voice in your head telling you that "you are in LOVE, you are star-crossed lovers, you have to make it work."

You do not have to make it work, because if it hasn't worked in 9 years, it ain't happening. Jenny stop being so stupid and go home. 

  • Like 11
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size