Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Hide and Seek

• Start Topic

On 11/24/2021 at 4:01 PM, arc said:

Is it me, or does Jack’s accent go all over the place?

Thank you! Not just you.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:04 PM, arc said:

... and for another, his uncle had an American accent.

Well, sort of. Simon Callow's 'Murrican as Duquesne is also a little bit hit-and-miss to me

Edited by Sandman
They're ALL shady.
  • Love 1
On 11/28/2021 at 8:39 PM, cmahorror said:

Love that Clint seems to have told Laura about Ronin and she is supporting him in his attempt to get rid of the suit and the Tracksuit Mafia. Usually the wife will be in the dark or completely unsupportive of what the hero needs to do. Laura understands that it is not just about Ronin, the whole family is in danger is anyone ever figures out that Clint was Ronin.

Given how little back story we have for the Barton family, I'm not convinced Clint and Laura didn't meet via SHIELD. 

Actually, in my head Clint got injured in Chicago and met Laura while getting patched up in the er. Points to whomever gets the reference 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Given how little back story we have for the Barton family, I'm not convinced Clint and Laura didn't meet via SHIELD. 

Actually, in my head Clint got injured in Chicago and met Laura while getting patched up in the er. Points to whomever gets the reference 😁

And she went into nursing get away from her family - a bunch of lumberjacks with anger management issues.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, johntfs said:

And she went into nursing get away from her family - a bunch of lumberjacks with anger management issues.

I thought she went into nursing and left town because she was tired of living in Chippewa, Michigan with her geeky brother.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I thought she went into nursing and left town because she was tired of living in Chippewa, Michigan with her geeky brother.

Oh, that's right.  She left the lumberjacks and went on some kind of weird road trip with a bunch of hippies solving "mysteries" with their talking dog, then moved in with her brother, then got into nursing.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, johntfs said:

Oh, that's right.  She left the lumberjacks and went on some kind of weird road trip with a bunch of hippies solving "mysteries" with their talking dog, then moved in with her brother, then got into nursing.

Not sure who the lumberjacks are, but it works that she went to high school in Michigan where she went on tour with the grateful dead at the end of the school year. There she hooked up with the mystery solving hippies. Then she got pregnant, studied nursing and moved to Chicago. There she met a nice young spy and ended up marrying him. Presumably the kid she had in Chicago ended up getting arrested and she disowned him or something because he was an asshole.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Not sure who the lumberjacks are, but it works that she went to high school in Michigan where she went on tour with the grateful dead at the end of the school year. There she hooked up with the mystery solving hippies. Then she got pregnant, studied nursing and moved to Chicago. There she met a nice young spy and ended up marrying him. Presumably the kid she had in Chicago ended up getting arrested and she disowned him or something because he was an asshole.

The lumberjacks were a family in Oregon.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, johntfs said:

😁

Edited by Morrigan2575
On 11/24/2021 at 12:08 PM, arc said:

It’s also kinda amazing the costume fits Clint perfectly and Kate, who’s smaller than Clint, and Grills, who’s clearly taller than Clint.

Exactly what I came to see, if anyone else mentioned it. Is the suit imbued with magical, one size fits all powers, lol?

8 hours ago, Daltrey said:

Exactly what I came to see, if anyone else mentioned it. Is the suit imbued with magical, one size fits all powers, lol?

I know someone pointed this out earlier but it doesn’t actually fit all three perfectly. It’s hard to tell because the scenes are dark but from the stills it’s more obvious that the suit is quite baggy on Kate. I don’t have a still from Grills wearing it but he has it unzipped. It is just held closed with the belt. Hailee and Jeremy are very close in height so the suit is probably a little too baggy on her. With Grills it is more of stretch but they did at least try to make it believable and too small for his size. 

275B1EA1-00F2-459B-8E6C-2E05B3A31B4C.jpeg

Edited by Guest
On 11/29/2021 at 4:57 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

For th turn around in the finances when the parents were fighting one of them literally said that a solution wouldn't fall from the sky. Then a wormhole opened up, their house was destroyed and dad was killed. So I took that as the battle of NY saved them, between life insurance, home insurance and any kind of government relief they probably made some cash. Then again we never saw a body so it is possible that dad didn't actually die.

I agree all kinds of opportunities had to arise from the clean up and rebuilding of New York after the battle. While Toomes took a screw job from Damage Control and became the Vulture in Spider-Man Homecoming others probably got a better deal. With similar economic disruptions/opportunities after the snapture and the blip back of the population