Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: The Final

• Start Topic

I was thinking it was going to be Chigs but was happy it was Giuseppe. This show is always such a breath of fresh air, I love how everyone gets along, everyone is supportive. I also love watching the montage of them having get togethers in the end. 

I am all aboard the Chigs/Crystelle ship! I hope the romance rumors are true and they get married and have lots of babies. If they become a couple, would they be the first GBBO couple to meet on the show?

• Love 4
On 11/27/2021 at 7:10 PM, Ms Lark said:

With the time he had, he should have just done the smile. That's the first thing and the last thing you see when it comes to Cheshires!

The whole point of a Cheshire Cat is the grin so leaving that out is a huge error in judgment.

Very happy with the winner.

Edited by RoxiP
afterthought
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

For those wondering based on the judges comments how Giuseppe beat Chigs all things being equal: panna cotta. Paul LOVED those little bottles of panna cotta, the minute Paul tasted that, short of a Crystelle unbaked bread disaster Giuseppe won.

When Paul gave that little laugh after tasting the panna cotta I knew it had to be absolutely delicious. I’ve experienced that moment of giddiness after an exceptional bite and I’m jealous. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I am all aboard the Chigs/Crystelle ship! I hope the romance rumors are true and they get married and have lots of babies. If they become a couple, would they be the first GBBO couple to meet on the show?

From an earlier season:

Spoiler

Michael and Henry from S10/ 2019 were also rumored as dating. See here.

• Love 2

What a fantastic finale! I l loved the idea for the showstopper - maybe my favorite ever. But Chigs, Chigs, Chigs, how do you do a Cheshire Cat with no smile??!? He would have been better off doing ONLY the smile and no face if a choice had to be made!

I admit I was rooting hard for Chigs by the final and thought he might have had it, but I can't be mad at Giuseppe winning as he has been so great all season. Perhaps I wouldn't have been so disappointed if they had given him a better edit that showed why he won over Chigs rather than some fake drama.

I always look forward to the follow up at the end of the last episode where we see what they are up to after the show. I love seeing them all together doing different things. I wish Lizzy and Freya had recorded a little YouTube video of their road trip - I would totally watch it!

This season was such a great one. Nice people and good challenges. Felt like an old school season.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I always look forward to the follow up at the end of the last episode where we see what they are up to after the show. I love seeing them all together doing different things. I wish Lizzy and Freya had recorded a little YouTube video of their road trip - I would totally watch it!

She posted some videos on TikTok. Her username is lizzie.a.bakes.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, AheadofStraight said:

She posted some videos on TikTok. Her username is lizzie.a.bakes.

Thanks! I don't really do Tik Tok, but I can have my son show me as he spends a great portion of his free time looking at Tik Tok.......

• LOL 1
On 11/27/2021 at 8:47 AM, kay1864 said:

I’m convinced Paul and Prue factored in  Giuseppe’s performance the whole season. Which seems to be different from the judging for prior finals.

I agree. All 3 bakers had enough mistakes that made a clear winner impossible so they went with the overall performance for the whole season. If Guisseppe had made the carrot cake in three layers, or didn't burn the rolls it would have been easier, or had Chiggs finished his Cheshire Cat cake, or Crystelle baked the bread correctly we would likely have seen a different winner.

The signature was ridiculous. Why ruin carrot cake by making it taste like something other than carrot cake?!

The Where Are They Now made me worry that Gusieppe's dad died. I was very happy to see that was not the case.

Edited by killer.noona
  • Love 2
On 11/27/2021 at 3:08 PM, iMonrey said:

A little of Noel goes a long way but I did like his American accent doing the movie preview of Giuseppe. "Arms as long as other people's legs."

😆 At that point I didn't have my closed captions on so I thought he said "Arms as long as Al Pacino's legs". I did have to turn the CC's on later when Noel and Chigs were talking about Leicester.

On 11/28/2021 at 10:42 AM, dgpolo said:

I also thought, and mentioned to my daughter, that Prue's necklace looked like a dayglo spider attacking her neck.

When I first turned on the episode I thought it was a Halloween episode between the necklace and Noel's shirt 😆then I remembered they don't really celebrate Halloween in the UK. I think in the Canadian version they did a Halloween themed show.