Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Smoke Signals

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I don’t get it. 

Principal Victoria is a character on South Park, who can occasionally be kind of bitchy. I do not know if Principal Victoria is a nod to the actress Victoria Principal or not. I just called her that because I couldn't think of any other famous principal characters besides Mr. Belding, which didn't really fit here. Sorry for the confusion.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

Principal Victoria is a character on South Park, who can occasionally be kind of bitchy. I do not know if Principal Victoria is a nod to the actress Victoria Principal or not. I just called her that because I couldn't think of any other famous principal characters besides Mr. Belding, which didn't really fit here. Sorry for the confusion.

Mrs. Teasley from the original 90210 - she even got invited to Donna's bridal shower!

On 11/21/2021 at 7:29 PM, aghst said:

I don't understand how she seemed to go into some motel, maybe the only one in that small town, and all of a sudden she runs out into the wilderness, isolated so he can take his time lining her up with the laser and kill her?  Nobody around but nobody heard the gun shot?  So she chose to go to some place far away from the town?

The way I understand it is that she went to the motel. After taking a shower she found the champagne and strawberries, which she consumed. One of them was drugged, as was implied by her wonky behaviour after she ingested them. Next time we see her she wakes up and discovers the door had no handle on the inside, which indicates, to me, that she was moved when she was asleep to a room that is a replica of the hotel room, or at least close enough for someone coming out of a drugged haze to mistake it for the hotel room. The missing handle would be something a person notices when they first enter a room.

I think the killer either has a deal with the hotel owner, or he gave her one of those rape drugs that keeps a victim conscious but makes them forget everything that happened while they were under the influence. In that case, the killer could have walked out of the hotel with the victim with people assuming she was going of her own free will.

With all the references to missing women, specially from the tribe people and with this girl being a runaway herself, I think we will find out that the killer has been doing this kind of stuff with runaways for a while, and since they are runaways, it's easier to hide the serial nature of it. Even people looking for these girls/women, might not be able to find out they ended up in a small town in upstate NY.

I don't know how common that is, but it's plausible a runway teenager travels north to make it to Canada. The tribe girls that go missing could be also dubbed as runaways. It wouldn't be the first time a police department mistakenly classifies a missing teen as a runway, and it's probably more common that this mistake happens to girls from a minority population, specially if running away has been an occurrence in the past.

------------

For those asking, DNA is destroyed by fire, so, no DNA can be extracted from ashes. In rare cases when a body has been burnt, DNA can still be extracted from bones or teeth, but only if the fire didn't reach or completely burn the bone or tooth. Burnt skin might also be a source, but again, only if the deeper layers were not burnt. If the sample turned to actual ash, then no DNA can be obtained from it

• Love 2
On 11/22/2021 at 4:49 PM, Starchild said:

re point 2: Not only that, but perhaps also the "Hunter"'s first victim, years ago?

Yes, I think so too! They thought she ran away from all the responsibility of being a mom (perhaps even a teenage mom?), but it will turn out she didn't.

On 11/22/2021 at 4:07 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I got disoriented and thought I was watching "Six Feet Under" for a moment.

In a surprise dual role, it will turn out that Dexter is actually hunting David Fisher this season.

• LOL 6