Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: And You Would Be One Of Them

• Start Topic

The only problem I have with this episode was not showing the confrontation between Hollywood and Theo.  I know this show isn't based on physicality and violence, but at least a taste of that scene would've been EPIC

• Love 6

I wish we had gotten to see how Hollywood got Theo to come forward, I bet that was pretty awesome. I am glad that he is going to admit that Sam was pulling the strings, but...its not like this is going to prove that he didn't committ a crime. I don't know why everyone is acting like Theo can reveal that RA was tricked into committing a crime or framed, as Hollywood said, he did that shit. At least its finally sunk in that he messed up, for now at least. I know its not really this shows style, but I would love a flashback episode where we explore the previous generation, I would love to know what went down between Vi and Sam Landry. 

For fucks sake Nova, just talk to people, every day isn't open mic night at the coffee shop, you don't always have to perform. This was a pretty good way to end the season, although they had better reveal really quickly that Darla and the baby are alright when the show comes back. I am glad that they kept the land from the Laundry's, but I am not totally sure where this leaves the farm and the family now that the farm is a historical site. Will Nova be giving really long rambling tours where she goes on about talking with her ancestors while people try to sneak away to get to the gift shop? 

I am still not into Charlie and Davis getting back together, people on this sow are way too forgiving of really horrendous stuff. Not a bad season, it was certainly better then the last few, but its still frequently frustrating. I will miss this show though, no one films Louisiana more beautifully. 

• Love 4

I think with Theo coming forward and saying Landry hired him, it would open Sam Landry to potential charges.  False police report, conspiracy, maybe fraud.  Definitely bad press if it went to the media.  And negative press is something the Landrys DONT want.

I almost thought we saw the last of Teegh.... whoops I mean Parker! 

• Love 1

Dang, look at Dominic coming in clutch with that historic site designation already. What kind of political pull does he have in LA?

Micah said he and Isaiah should get to the bottom of their connection. Kudos to Nicholas L. Ashe for being able to say that line with a straight face. 😏

Sure, RA, you do miss every shot you don't take. But you in particular are always throwing up bricks while fronting like you're an ace 3-point shooter.

Ehh, Isaiah and Micah's conversation was like something from an 80s Bret Easton Ellis novel. It didn't sound to me like the way people actually talk at all, even college students trying to sound extra-intellectual. And what a cop out. The focus group reactions to Micah examining the parameters of his sexuality must not have been positive. 🙄 (Though I get how it might look like Isaiah was being used. So maybe it'd be better for Micah to find another avenue if he's definitely bi-curious.)

Davis is always pulling some kind of outsized romantic gesture for Charley. I think eventually he won't be able keep topping the previous event but Charley's expectations will have been elevated. 😑

Bordelon women were certainly getting tongue-bathed this episode. Davis and Dominic should form a support group for unabashedly sprung men.

Hey, Parker's back! (Congrats to Amirah Vann on her baby born earlier this year.)

Hollywood FTW. Looked like he put a hurtin' on Theo. Ditto comments upthread, I wish we had gotten to see it.

Here's looking forward to a superb final season.

I just read the Wikipedia page on the Thibodaux massacre. Absolutely horrific. I appreciate the QS producers' many efforts to educate viewers on this kind of tragic history.

• Love 3

The farm save was a total Deus ex Machina, but overall, it was a nice finale.

I know Ava & CO. pivoted the farm storyline because of Covid, but I was disappointed to see Parker reduced to being outsmarted and in the dark about the land. I'd like to think that a business such as Landry Enterprises would've done their own research, especially since the bones found date back to the 19th century, but instead, they got caught out there.

I don't think Charley should've revealed anything about the Black farmers co-op. Now Parker has ammunition next season. But everyone does that stupid TV thing where they reveal their plans to their enemies. I hope next season we get back to the farm and finally find out what happened to the mill.

I, too, would've liked to seen the confrontation between Hollywood and Theo. There was all of the buildup, but it happened off screen.

While I'm glad that Micah and Isaiah made up, the conversation wasn't anything we haven't heard before.

• Love 1

Dominic's soliloquy to Nova was so OTT.  The writers have forgotten how people talk.

OK, so the doula kept telling Darla how great she was doing without actually speaking to Darla.  From a story standup and wrapping the season, the episode was good.  But the dialog was a mess.  

• Love 1