Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Till Death

• Start Topic

I tell you one thing, it is fortunate that FtWD incorporated a nuclear blast this season, because the actors are easily complying to COVID-19 regulations by wearing gas masks and using ever available radios to limit face time. I have been watching this entire season through the lens of COVID-19 which makes the show a bit more interesting than it really is....

• Love 4

I feel like a complete idiot that I didn't realize newcomer lady wrestler Mickey is played by Aisha Tyler until I googled to see if the character's name was Nikki or indeed Mickey. No wonder I liked her even if she was nigh unrecognizable duct taping phone books to herself.

I like Dwight and I increasingly like Sherry, who manages to have serious eye makeup game in the nuclear ZA. I also enjoyed Sherry's insta-friendship with Mickey. All of which goes a long way in getting me past the reality that their story didn't really make much sense. Strand has to find Mickey so nobody else figures out how she got out? What? Wouldn't that be solved with a lot less fuss by "whoops, she died" if anyone even thinks to ask and why is he essentially holding people prisoner in his tower anyway? Supposedly Mickey is so hard to track down that Strand has to unwittingly kidnap Dwight and Sherry to do it because his own people can't manage it, but then they wander five feet to the left and there she is. I guess it's all worth it though if it ends in tag team wrestling zombies complete with smashing with folding chairs and diving off the top rope.

The mother show could really take a page in how their dealings with Negan continue to inform Dwight and Sherry's decision making. There's no redemption arc, no "weeellll, maybe he's good with kids," just a recognition that a murderous war lord is a murderous war lord and Strand is clearly heading down that path.

Strand is fast becoming a disappointment as he descends into what is presumably his final villainous form. His original motivation after the bombs dropped of wanting to rebuild the world in his image at least makes some sense, but everything after that feels like he's spent a lot of time watching campy TV and movie baddies and said "yeah, I'll take some of that. And that. And that."

• Love 6

Again, there are no rules around those suits and radiation.  They wear the suits all the time, but have no qualms about taking them off wherever they are.  Plus, don't get me started on those bionic horses that seem resistant to radiation.

• Love 6
On 11/15/2021 at 8:23 AM, econ07 said:
On 11/15/2021 at 8:23 AM, econ07 said:

Again, there are no rules around those suits and radiation.  They wear the suits all the time, but have no qualms about taking them off wherever they are.  Plus, don't get me started on those bionic horses that seem resistant to radiation.

Thank you!  My thoughts exactly.  And how is it that the air is fine at the Tower but not right outside it?  I mean how far are all these people walking looking for someone in the bad zone.  If the air is clear around the Tower why don't people move into that area instead trying to live with radiation the seems to come and go at will?   Agree about the horses too.  Who knew?!

And why were all those zombies trying to get into the Gym when there was no living person in it?  That was the reason why the tried getting in there was due to the interest of the zombies.  Then nothing.......?  Just another zombie?  Sheesh this show is beyond dumb.

Don't get me started on Padre.  (rolling eyes)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, gaPeach said:

And why were all those zombies trying to get into the Gym when there was no living person in it?

I vaguely remember that there was a piece of sheet metal, attached to the gym building, banging loudly in the wind, and one of the characters saying that's what was keeping them there.

But as for all your other comments, I feel your pain!

• Love 3
On 11/15/2021 at 1:23 PM, econ07 said:

I think the masks are to protect them from radioactive dust particles that will cause long term harm as opposed to short term death, the horses and other animals won't live long enough lives to suffer the long term harm. there are wild horses thriving in the forests around Chernobyl even though it's not yet safe for humans to live there. 

anyone else get a Z nation vibe from this episode with the comedy wrestling theme? 

On 11/15/2021 at 4:20 AM, GustavMahler said:

I have been watching this entire season through the lens of COVID-19 which makes the show a bit more interesting than it really is....

Seriously, I can do without it.  It's bad enough we have to live through this in the real world.  I don't want my tv my tv world that I escape to to incorporate it.  If I come across a new show where characters are wearing masks, face shields, etc. (other than hospital personnel in sterile situations) I tune out.  

On 11/15/2021 at 8:22 AM, nodorothyparker said:

Strand is fast becoming a disappointment as he descends into what is presumably his final villainous form.

All he's missing is handlebars on his mustache to twirl and a stretch of railroad tracks to tie people down on.  He's really becoming way too cartoonish.  I want to slap him across the face with that stupid hat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3